NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 07, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2017 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BD93NC. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
One of the largest cities in the United States, with a multicultural vibe all its own, Houston has happily escaped most of the recent economic issues. In 2009, Houston was named the healthiest housing market in the United States, making it one of the best retirement destinations in the United States for retirees who want to stay active. Shopping and fine dining rub elbows here with top-quality major league sports teams and a dazzling variety of artistic and cultural events. Urban, sophisticated, affordable, and easily accessible with direct flights from every major city in the United States, whats not to like?
It is no wonder that Houston has been attracting retirees from across the country who want to enjoy low-cost living in a warm climate near a large city. While the number of 55+ active adult retirement communities in Houston doesn’t come close to other large city rivals such as Phoenix, Tucson and Palm Springs, there are several active adult communities in Houston’s metroplex. Big name builders are taking notice to this previously untapped market for active adult retirement communities in Houston. Del Webb, the nations largest builder of 55+ active adult retirement communities has tapped Houston as its next new location for expanding the Del Webb name. Del Webb Houston in Richmond on Houston’s southwest side will soon open for active adult residents. This will mark Del Webb’s fourth active adult community in Texas after their Sun City Texas in Georgetown, Frisco Lakes near Dallas and Hill Country Retreat in San Antonio properties.
But retirees who want to live in an active adult Houston retirement community or age-restricted community don’t have to wait for Del Webb to begin construction. There are already several desirable active retirement communities in Houston. Just north of Houston in The Woodlands there are several fully completed 55+ communities. The active adult communities in The Woodlands include Windsor Hills and Windsor Lakes. Both communities were built by Lennar and are fully completed with clubhouses and mature landscaping.
Of course, buyers who want to live in a Houston active adult retirement community are not limited to The Woodlands. There are several other active adult communities near Houston. Heritage Towne Lake in Cypress, TX is an active adult community 25 miles northwest of Houston. It includes both new and resale homes centered around a magnificent 350-acre lake that features 15 miles of shoreline. Heritage Grand at Cinco Ranch in Katy, TX is another of the desirable 55-plus active adult retirement communities near Houston. It is a unique age-restricted enclave within the Cinco Ranch master-planned community.
For active adult buyers who want a 55+ retirement community on the south or southeast of Houston, there are several options including BellaVita and Country Place in Pearland and The Village at Tuscan Lakes in League City, TX. Many of the 55+ age-restricted active adult communities in Houston, Texas host an exciting array of amenities that typically include a clubhouse, fitness center, walking trails, tennis courts and hobby and craft studios. Unlike most of the active adult communities in other states such as Arizona and Nevada, the active adult retirement communities in Houston do not include on-site golf courses. However, avid golfers should not be deterred since many of the Houston 55+ communities are located in areas with ample golf courses nearby. Plus, many of the active adult retirement communities around Houston have worked out special rates for residents to enjoy at nearby courses.
One of the most desirable attributes of the active adult retirement communities in Houston is the exciting lifestyle available to the residents. Many of the active adult communities in Houston include an activity director who plans fun trips, social outings, club meetings and community parties. Plus, many of Houston’s best active adult communities feature a variety of clubs and interest groups that cater from everything to sports and fitness to cards and crafts.With the size of Houston coupled by the city’s many desirable attributes it is likely that the number of 55+ active adult retirement communities in Houston, TX will continue to grow. Here is a list of all of the current 55+ active adult retirement communities in Houston:
View All Houston 55+ Active Adult Communities: Del Webb Houston – Richmond, TX (Coming Soon), Windsor Hills – The Woodlands, TX, Windsor Lakes – The Woodlands, TX, Heritage Towne Lake – Cypress, TX, Heritage Grand at Cinco Ranch – Katy, TX, BellaVita – Pearland, TX, Country Place – Pearland, TX, The Village at Tuscan Lakes – League City, TX
Share this page with friends and family!