NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending January 3, 2018 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by January 3, 2018 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WXKLXGR. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Active adult communities in the Palm Springs area are located in a desert oasis that continues to draw vacationers and retirees year after year. This Southern California hot spot features a variety of recreational activities, including world-renowned golf courses, hiking trails with breathtaking views, unique shopping centers, fine restaurants, and many cultural attractions. Active adult communities in the Palm Springs area feature resort-style amenities in a beautiful climate.
Climate & Geography
Set in the Coachella Valley in Southern California, age-restricted communities in the Palm Springs area are surrounded by mountains: San Bernardino Mountains to the north, Little San Bernardino Mountains to the east, the Santa Rose Mountains to the south, and the San Jacinto Mountains to the west. The area lies approximately two hours east of Los Angeles and about two-and-a-half hours northeast of San Diego. Palm Springs is also just west of the sprawling Joshua Tree National Park and southwest of the San Bernardino National Forest.
The Palm Springs area is a true desert with a hot, dry climate and little rain. Temperatures in the summer can rise upwards of 105 degrees during the day, and often stay over 80 degrees at night. Yet the winters in Palm Springs are a comfortable 70 to 80 degrees, dropping to the mid-40s in the evenings. Active adult communities in the Palm Springs area delight in the 300 days of sunshine per year and annual rainfall that s less than five inches. This makes a Palm Springs area 55+ community an ideal location for a winter getaway.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Tourism is the largest part of the Palm Springs area's economy, and as a result the area is teeming with fabulous resorts, shopping centers, restaurants and recreational attractions. Active adult communities in the Palm Springs area also have a significant part-time population. Nearly half of the population of the Palm Springs area is only there for a few months out of the year. Yet, the atmosphere in Palm Springs is different than that of other desert hot spots, such as the bustling Las Vegas Strip. Though home to a variety of posh resorts, the Coachella Valley embraces a laid-back, family-friendly attitude that is appealing to many active adults.
Golf is a major attraction in Palm Springs, hosting more golf courses than anywhere else in California. With over 100 golf courses in the Coachella Valley, including both private and public courses, active adults in the Palm Springs area are sure to find their own favorites. One of the most impressive golf courses in the Palm Springs area, The Golf Club at La Quinta, is located within the Trilogy at La Quinta active adult community. This 18-hole championship course has been a stop on the 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006 PGA Tour.
Hiking is a popular pastime for active adults in the Palm Springs area, as are tours by horseback, jeep or mountain bike. The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway provides amazing mountain views from its rotating tram cars. Local hot air balloon rides are available as well. While those who are more adventurous may opt to take in the views while hang-gliding or skydiving.
When relaxation is the goal, Palm Springs has everything to put sun-lovers at ease. Whether vacationing at one of the area's luxurious hotels or relocating to one of the resort-style active adult communities in the Palm Springs area, it's easy to find a sunny poolside deck under an azure sky. Spas are also plentiful throughout Palm Springs, offering rejuvenating massages and revitalizing mineral soaks.
Intimate boutiques, fine restaurants, and cultural attractions are found at every turn. Downtown Palm Springs' weekly VillageFest street fair offers an assortment of artisan crafts. Performing arts and seasonal festivals are also popular throughout Palm Springs. Active adults who choose to live in a Palm Springs 55+ community will particularly enjoy the venerated Palm Springs Follies, a celebration of the arts, music, and culture of the 40 s, 50 s and 60 s.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Considering Southern California s reputation as an expensive retirement destination, 55+ communities in the Palm Springs area enjoy a cost of living that s generally lower than the rest of the state. On average, 55+ communities in Palm Springs spend 13% less on their homes, transportation, and utilities than their counterparts throughout the state, although the Palm Springs area is roughly 13% more expensive than the rest of the United States. 55+ communities in the Palm Springs area can also enjoy California s tax benefits. These include untaxed Social Security benefits, options for property tax relief, and a $7,000 reduction in the taxable value of a property.
Active adult communities in the Palm Springs area enjoy proximity to several hospitals. Desert Regional is consistently ranked as the Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News. Living in age-restricted communities in the Palm Springs area also means that you have access to Eisenhower Medical Center, which is nationally ranked for geriatric treatment. Residents also have the John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital, the San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital, and the Hi-Desert Medical Center just outside of Palm Springs.
Share this page with friends and family!