NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 07, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2017 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BD93NC. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Nestled amid the beautiful Sandia and Manzano Mountains, Albuquerque active adult communities have all the urban amenities of a large metropolis while remaining close to the serenity of nature. Shopping and fine dining rub elbows here with a dazzling variety of artistic and cultural events. While gazing at the blazing desert stars, it can be easy to forget that this relaxed cultural crossroads has a metropolitan population of nearly a million people, nearly a quarter of them aged 55 and better.
Physically minded adults will appreciate Albuquerque s 55+ communities that are located in an area with perfect outdoor weather. Quiet backwoods hikes, sun-drenched rounds of golf, biking through historic Old Town, or the indescribable sensation as 700 balloons soar into a blue sky like no other. With so many active retirement communities in New Mexico, you are certain to find one that is right for you.
Climate & Geography
Sunshine predominates in Albuquerque s climate, up to 300 days a year. Any days that don t have sunshine usually only have high wispy clouds. Although Albuquerque does have four distinct seasons, the main difference between them is very light, loose clothing during the hot summers and a slightly heavier sweater or maybe a coat on winter evenings. In the Valley, winter temperatures range between highs close to 50 degrees and lows in the mid 20s. Summer daytime temperatures regularly go over 90 degrees, while evenings drop to the mid 50s. The higher the elevation, the cooler the climate.
Most Albuquerque age-restricted communities are located in the rain shadow of the surrounding highlands. Rainfall during most months is under an inch. However, the foothills have more precipitation than the Valley, with as much as 17 inches annually. Winter snowstorms are more rare than in that other mile-high city, Denver. Most winters have only a dusting of light, powdery snow that evaporates before midmorning except in the ski resorts of the Sandia Mountains. In 2006, an extremely rare snowstorm deposited over a foot of snow, most of it in the Sandia foothills.
Because Albuquerque s average altitude is even higher than Denver's, the air is thinner than at low elevations, which saps endurance faster than usual. If you suspect altitude might be a problem, avoid Glenwood Hills and Sandia Heights in the foothills of the Sandia Mountains, which are over 6,700 feet in altitude. Many active adult communities located in the Valley area of metro Albuquerque near the Rio Grande, have altitudes of 5,000 feet or less. The high altitude and sunny climate also means that the sun is intense in all parts of Albuquerque retirement communities. Even when skiing, it is a good idea to use a high SPF sunscreen.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
From the moment you enter New Mexico, you will quickly discover that the state has an art vibe all its own. The Albuquerque-Santa Fe region is the heart of New Mexico s art scene. Many area highway overpasses and retaining walls are decorated with murals and bas-relief sculptures. Music and dance opportunities range from mariachi to ballet, and jazz to belly dancing. There are so many arts, dance, theater, cultural, and musical events and organizations that you could visit or even participate in a different one every day of the year!
Residents of active adult communities in Albuquerque have long enjoyed living near the cultural crossroads of New Mexico. Nearly four dozen museums within a 30-mile radius of Albuquerque document New Mexico history from ancient petroglyphs to the Atomic Age. Enjoy fine dining in Albuquerque s historic Old Town, explore San Miguel Chapel in Santa Fe, the oldest standing church structure in the United States, or join the Southwest Ghosthunters Association on one of their ghost tours. On the last weekend in April, the Gathering of Nations PowWow attracts 3,000 Native American dancers, singers, and drummers, representing 500 tribes.
The Sandia and Manzano Mountains offer hikes and rock climbs at all levels of ability, as well as powder skiing during the winter. For a more sedate walk interrupted by a little white ball, there are 29 golf courses within the metro Albuquerque area alone.
In most of Albuquerque, a wide variety of shopping and dining is available within a short drive. In the Nob Hill area, shopping and other entertainment options are within easy walking distance. Most other parts of the city are connected with walking trails and bicycle routes, especially in the Manzano and Sandia foothills. The New Mexico Rail Runner Express connects downtown Albuquerque with the airport and Belem to the south and with Santa Fe to the north.
Cost of Living & Taxes
The cost of living in a 55+ community near Albuquerque, New Mexico, is below average for the United States as a whole. Part of this has been further supplemented by a moderate state sales tax to which local counties add their own sales tax. Property taxes vary greatly across the Albuquerque-Santa Fe region, but are generally lower outside Albuquerque than in the city proper.
Residents of age-restricted communities in Albuquerque enjoy a high quality of life. In addition to the VA Medical Center, the Lovelace Women s Hospital, and the University of New Mexico Hospital, Albuquerque also abounds in high-quality clinics to meet every level of healthcare for New Mexico s active adult community.
Share this page with friends and family!