NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 07, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2017 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BD93NC. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Southern Nevada has become a popular retirement destination for Baby Boomers and retirees due to its desirable climate, reasonable cost of living and top-notch attractions. Whether you want to experience exciting entertainment, shop at unique boutiques, enjoy mouthwatering food, or embrace nature's beauty, Southern Nevada's active adult communities have something for everyone.
Many active adults and retirees from across the country have decided to move to this area for its hot summer and mild winters. There are a wide variety of 55+ active adult communities in Southern Nevada to choose from. There is sure to be a home style, price and lifestyle that fits your needs and wants from large resort-style communities to secluded, intimate communities. The pleasant weather, diverse culture, and affordable living in Southern Nevada makes it the perfect place to call home.
Climate & Geography
Southern Nevada is made up of five counties that include Clark, Esmeralda, Lincoln, Mineral and Nye. Las Vegas makes up the majority of this region and is the most populated city in Nevada. The area is mainly covered by the Great Basin Desert and Mojave Desert with the Spring Mountains to the west. Much of the backdrop is rocky and dusty with desert vegetation.
Southern Nevada is classified as a subtropical, hot desert climate. There is an abundance of sun with approximately 300 days of sunshine. Summers are hot with an average temperature of around 89 degrees. However, July and August are the hottest months with an average temperature of about 107 degrees. The winters are very mild and can get chilly but snow is extremely rare. The average daily temperature during winter months is approximately 60 degrees.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Southern Nevada s economy thrives mainly from tourism but gambling and conventions play a role as well. Las Vegas is the major attraction with The Strip being the primary focus. The Las Vegas Strip has several notable casinos, hotels and entertainment. Active adults and retirees love The Strip because it is home to some of the most extravagant theatres in the world and many of the largest shows on Broadway. Major stars such as Celine Dion, Elton John and David Copperfield have performed here as well as popular groups like the Blue Man Group and Cirque du Soleil.
Southern Nevada might not be perceived as offering a rich and distinguished culture but it s unquestionably one of the most diverse. Las Vegas is certainly one of the world s most spectacular tourist attractions, but more and more frequently retirees and active adults are also discovering it to be the perfect place to live.
Not only are there world-class attractions in the area but there is also a richness of outdoor attractions. Several parks and lakes offer breathtaking scenery where 55+ residents can enjoy hiking, golfing, boating, camping, and other outdoor recreations. If you seek a more laidback lifestyle away from The Strip there are many relaxing 55+ resort-style communities. Southern Nevada truly has something for every lifestyle and interest.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Active adults and retirees love living in Southern Nevada for its sensible cost of living and affordable housing. Nevada provides competitive property and sales tax rates. Due to the overall low tax structure in Nevada many businesses relocate to this state. Nevada has no corporate income tax, corporate share tax, franchise income tax, inventory tax, unitary tax, personal income tax, estate tax, or inheritance tax. As a result, active adults from across the country have chosen 55+ retirement communities in Nevada as their home.
Southern Nevada offers high-quality healthcare for its residents. There are over 30 hospitals in the area and some well-known ones include the University Medical Center, Saint Rose Dominican Hospital, Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center, Summerlin Hospital Medical Center, Mountainview Hospital, and Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center. 55+ residents and retirees love knowing that they are close to great medical care if they are in need of it. Nevada also provides a minimal employee payroll tax rate with deductions for employer paid health insurance.
Share this page with friends and family!