NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 07, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2017 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BD93NC. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Several well-known developers including Del Webb, Lennar, K. Hovnanian, and Toll Brothers build Virginia s active adult communities. Though Virginia does not have the sprawling 10,000+ home communities found in some popular retirement states, there are many mid-sized communities that feature a wide variety of amenities in country club settings. Indoor and outdoor swimming pools, state-of-the-art fitness centers and tennis facilities are commonly found at many communities.
Many of Virginia s active adult communities are located within easy distance of the state s major metropolitan areas. A few of Virginia s most well known and most populated areas include Northern Virginia, Fredericksburg, Richmond and Virginia Beach. Whether choosing to live in Northern Virginia or the state s central or coastal regions, there are many options when it comes to active adult living. Virginia s relatively mild winters and hot summers appeal to many active adults, as does its proximity to urban centers, beaches, mountains and rural communities.
Climate & Geography
Though Virginia is a southern state, its temperate climate lets residents experience all four seasons. Winters are generally mild, however occasional snow is common, particularly in the north. During some years, snowfall can be heavy, such as the 2009-2010 winter snowstorms, which buried large portions of the state under several feet of snow. However, that much snow accumulation is uncommon. Virginia summers are hot and humid with temperatures routinely reaching the high 90s. Summers can also receive heavy rainfall, particularly along the coast as hurricanes break up and travel northward. The spring and fall seasons are beautiful, though spring often quickly gives way to the heat of summer.
The state of Virginia is comprised of many distinct regions. There are urban centers and rural areas; there are beaches, mountains, vineyards, forests and rolling hills. Geographically, Virginia is divided into five regions from east to west: Tidewater (coastal plains), Piedmont (foothills), The Blue Ridge Mountains (Appalachian mountain range), Ridge and Valley (west of the mountains), and the Cumberland or Appalachian Plateau (southwest corner under West Virginia).
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
As one of the country s first states, Virginia has a rich history. Civil War battlefields, historic homes, museums and historic shopping districts are common throughout the state. Many cities have nearby Old Town district where historic buildings have been restored and converted into unique shops, galleries, museums and restaurants. These historic districts often have their own seasonal festivals and community events. Old Town Alexandria, which is set on the Potomac River just outside of Washington D.C., is just one of Virginia s thriving districts which has embraced the old (including Robert E. Lee s boyhood home) and merged the new (as with the Torpedo Factory turned art studio).
Farther west, Virginia offers a variety of local vineyards. Many of these wineries offer tours and tastings, as well as seasonal festivals. In Virginia s Blue Ridge Mountains, residents can enjoy natural wonders throughout the Shenandoah National Park, including the beauty found along Skyline Drive, and even explore the spectacular underground caves at Luray Caverns. For a walk back in time, residents and visitors can also spend a day at the world-famous Colonial Williamsburg.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Like most states, the cost of living varies by region. The cost of living in Northern Virginia is higher than many other parts of the country, while other parts of the state are less expensive. Expenses like gas and groceries contribute to the cost of living and vary by region as well.
In terms of taxes, the state collects a personal income tax, sales tax, and food tax. The property tax is set and collected at a local level, which varies throughout Virginia. Social Security benefits are not taxed and real estate is assessed at 100 percent of fair market value.
In 2011, Virginia was ranked as the 20th overall healthiest state according to United Health Foundation. There are 89 hospitals throughout the state. Some of the most prominent hospitals are Inova Fairfax Hospital, which is the largest hospital in the Washington Metropolitan Area, and the VCU Medical Center located at Virginia Commonwealth University. Virginia s ratio of primary care physician to resident is ranked the 16th highest in the nation with 127 doctors per 10,000 residents.
Share this page with friends and family!