- Price Range
- Low $200s - Mid $500s
- Home Types
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1998 - 2017
- IDI Group
- 21 reviews
Lansdowne Woods of Virginia Overview
Located 25 miles from Washington D.C. in the heart of Loudoun's wine country, Lansdowne Woods of Virginia is an active adult community with seven condo buildings in Lansdowne, Virginia. Developed by IDI Group, the four high-rises, and three low-rise buildings are situated on over 91 acres and offer fabulous views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Potomac River. There are plenty of planned activities on-site, and each building has its own clubs and special interest groups. On-site conveniences include a hair salon, bank, convenience store, and restaurant. For off-site excursions, Lansdowne Woods of Virginia provides a fare-free shuttle bus service, which makes multiple daily trips to local shopping and service areas. Local golf courses and over 20 wineries in the area provide plenty of opportunities for off-site recreation.
Lansdowne Woods of Virginia Amenities
The 50,000 square-foot clubhouse at Lansdowne Woods of Virginia, located in the center of this gated community, offers some of the finest amenities of any community in the region - including a state-of-the-art fitness center with aerobics studio. Personal trainers are available to assist as needed. At the clubhouse, residents can also enjoy a relaxing library, billiards, indoor pool, computer center, and a large variety of activity rooms. There are hobby rooms that cater to any creative pursuit imaginable, from sewing to woodworking. This facility also has a grand ballroom that seats 300. Additional features include a chapel, bank, hair salon, and outdoor gardening areas. A unique feature of Lansdowne Woods is the rooftop tennis facility. Residents can also enjoy their own on-site dining facility: The Crossroads, an American restaurant that seats 75.
Lansdowne Woods of Virginia Homes & Real Estate
IDI Group started construction of Leisure World in Lansdowne in 1998 and in 2015 and was renamed Lansdowne Woods of Virginia. There are seven buildings that encompass 1,200 units. These condos are divided among four high-rise buildings and three low-rise buildings and range in size from 874 to 2,668 square feet. Buyers can select one, two, or three bedroom units on a resale-only basis. Housing features include luxury master bedroom/bathroom suites, gourmet kitchens, fireplaces, and glass enclosed balconies/patios to make the most of the spectacular mountain, river and golf course views. Garages are available for additional fees. Building maintenance is included in the monthly association dues.
Lansdowne Woods of Virginia Lifestyle
Lansdowne Woods of Virginia offers so many on-site amenities that residents don't have to leave the campus if they do not want to. While each building has its own groups and clubs, The community also has a full-time activities director who makes sure all residents - regardless of the building they reside in - have plenty of opportunities to meet and mingle throughout the year. Among other occasions, residents like to get together for card games, potluck dinners, bingo, dances, and wine tasting events. Some of the special interest groups include photography, table tennis, book club, writing, Bible study, theatre club, and travel club. Since parts of this neighborhood are on the Potomac River, residents also enjoy easy access to the waterfront.
Lansdowne Woods of Virginia is located 25 miles west of Washington D.C. and seven miles from Leesburg. Residents have peace of mind with the nearest hospital only one mile away. Two malls, the Leesburg Premium Outlet Mall and Dulles Town Center, are within six miles. Historic Leesburg is home to many galleries, museums, history centers, and other cultural attractions. While Loudoun County is known for its equestrian events, vineyards, and wineries, it also has a variety of national monuments and landmarks, as well as plenty of theaters. The Dulles International Airport is only twelve miles away from Lansdowne Woods of Virginia.
Lansdowne Woods of Virginia Amenities
Amenities at Lansdowne Woods of Virginia include:
- Lansdowne Woods of Virginia Clubhouse - 50,000 Sq. Ft.
- Meeting Rooms
- Monroe Auditorium
- 300-Seat Washington Ballroom
- Indoor Pool
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Aerobics & Dance Studio
- Massage Rooms
- Card Room
- Ceramics Studio
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Sewing Studio
- Woodworking Shop
- Hair Salon
- Crossroads Restaurant
- Interfaith Chapel
- Table Tennis
- 2 Tennis Courts
- Pickleball Courts
- Hot Tub
- Gardening Areas
- Walking & Biking Trails
- Parks & Natural Space
Lansdowne Woods of Virginia Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Lansdowne Woods of Virginia. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Beekeeping Group
- Bible Study
- Book Clubs
- Bowling Club
- Card Clubs
- Current Events
- Day Trips
- Democratic Club
- Discovery Group
- Drama Club
- Gardening Club
- Golf League
- Happy Hours
- Hiking Club
- Holiday Parties
- Jazz Club
- Line Dancing
- Mix & Mingle
- Music Club
- Potluck Dinners
- Pottery Club
- Red Hat Club
- Republican Club
- Swim Parties
- Table Tennis
- The Notables Singing Group
- Theatre Club
- Torch Club
- Travel Club
- Veterans Club
- Walking Club
- Wine Tasting
Price Range: Low $200s - Low $500s
Lansdowne Woods of Virginia is home to 5 high-rise condo buildings that offer a variety of styles. Typically the condos range from 1,513 to 2,821 square feet. They can have anywhere from two to four bedrooms, two to four bathrooms, and there are assigned parking spaces. Please Note: Floor Plans are not available at this time.
Lansdowne Woods of Virginia Reviews
- Brenda B.|August 13, 2020What a wonderful place to live! I have lived in Potomac Ridge for almost seven years and have never regretted moving here. There are so many activities with beautiful surroundings. It is home!
- Ruth F.|August 12, 2020I love living here. There are unlimited ways to self distance and enjoy nature. As a dog owner I’m happy to be living in a very pet friendly community complete with designated areas equipped with clean-up bag dispensers and special containers for their disposal.
- Roberta H.|August 12, 2020Living in Lansdowne Woods is an amazing experience. The community is beautiful, the activities are plentiful and the people are wonderful. It is a very comforting feeling to know that we have 24/7 security as well as outstanding building managers and building engineers. I would encourage anyone 55 and over who is looking to downsize, to come and consider Lansdowne Woods.
- Wes H.|August 8, 2020We moved into LWVA over 4 years ago. One of the best decisions we have made. The more we stay the more activities we get involved in. LWVA is truly an Active Adult community. Located close behind Loudoun Hospital, it’s convent to walk to Dr Appointments and many shopping areas nearby. Without leaving the campus we have a wonderful Restaurant, Hair Salon, Wellness Center, Pool and best equipped Gym I have ever been in. The community is friendly and encourages active participation, we couldn’t think of a better place to live in this stage of our lives.
- Donaliece C.|August 3, 2020As the Director of Community Activities for Lansdowne Woods of Virginia, I am consistently amazed by the new residents moving in and their quickness at getting involved in community life. Time and again I hear from residents who say that they never thought that at this age they would make so many new friends and feel so vitalized. Lansdowne Woods also offers quiet and contemplative corners for those who really would rather not be a part of the social scene. Looking from the outside in, I must say, Lansdowne Woods of Virginia really is a great place to live!
- Virginia S.|August 3, 2020I’ve always enjoyed living in Lansdowne Woods, I’m especially glad to be in such a well-managed and caring community during these difficult pandemic times.
- Peggy K.|July 25, 2020We moved here almost 3 years ago and really enjoy all the activities here. There is so much to do. . .pickleball, swimming, ceramics, art, hiking, table tennis, and lots of entertainment if you just want to sit around and watch. Convenient location , but just out of the hustle and bustle of Leesburg.
- Francy C.|August 8, 2019I live with and take care of my 99 year old mother. When we moved here life got easier. There are activities for the folks her age and the 'younger' ones in their 50's. The staff feel like family and are always here to help. The guards keep everything so secure, we feel safe and it makes it easier to have fun! The pool is large and heated and the hot tub takes away the aches. We're both having a blast!
- Peggy H.|August 6, 2019My husband and I moved here in 2015. We love being close to our family but are so busy with all of the activities here in the community that we don't see them as much as we thought we would. We moved here because of the beautiful views as well as the, size and value of the units. We love waking up to the sun rising over the potomac, then hitting the gym for a quick work out and after that off to a game of golf right next door at the Lansdowne Resort. We even have a group of tappers who perform for us in our shows. Life couldn't be better!!
- LEA P.|August 5, 2019My husband and I relocated from New York 19 months ago to this 55+ community and it is by far the best place to live in Northern Virginia. We are so fortunate to live here, 30 minutes from DC, and immersed in nature, surrounded by a beautiful golf course and the Potomac River. The community is beautifully landscaped, with trails, garden plots. Our condominiums are spacious, each has an enclosed balcony. I enjoyed visiting the historical landmarks of Virginia, such as the presidential homes: Mt Vernon, home of George Washington, Montecillo, home of Thomas Jefferson and Montpelier, home of James Madison. Living in Landsdowne Woods afforded ease in visiting beautiful places in Virginia and neighboring states such as the Luray Carverns, Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah, National Park, Charlottesville, home of the prestigious University of Virginia. This is a very quite community, the ambiance is great, the people are so friendly and we have lots of community events and activities to keep us busy. I highly recommend this place to anyone who still wants to be active and participate in the activities and events that LWV can offer.
- Diane S.|August 4, 2019My husband and I are second generation residents here and we love it! We feel like we are at a resort but have all the conveniences of city living. Our sunroom is huge with treetop views of our Audubon nature reserve. Downsizing has never been better!
- Katherine K.|August 4, 2019Ditto to all the reasons why people love living here. After showing a number of units in this community, I realized this was the place for us, too. We especially love watching the sun rise over the Potomac River from the comfort of our unit. What a great way to start your day! Take the plunge. Downsize and start enjoying life right here at Lansdowne Woods of Virginia.
- Sharon s.|May 14, 2019We have lived in Lansdowne Woods for almost 13 years. What attracted us was the location, the activities and the beauty of our campus. We still feel the same way about LWVA as when we first moved in. I especially love the trips to the DC Mall museums and to performances. Of course we have shows at our clubhouse, too. I love the indoor pool and the gym. The staff and residents are wonderful, too!
- Victoria W.|May 9, 2019Lansdowne Woods is a gem on the Potomac! I have lived in this 55+ community for over two years, and I love living here. The people are so friendly and welcoming, and there are as many activities as one would like to participate in from happy hours to pickle ball! And, the views from the enclosed balconies in every condo are absolutely spectacular.
- Shirley A.|May 2, 2019We have lived here for 3 years and we love it here. With a 55,000 sq ft Clubhouse and more activities than you can imagine. We moved from NJ and have made so many wonderful new friends here. The people here are so friendly. We are both involved in the building committees and love the movies, parties and the beautiful landscaping sand views.
- PAGE R. B.|May 2, 2019Living here is the best thing we've done. It's convenient to just about anything: shopping, entertainment, historical sites, great restaurants. We have a terrific clubhouse that features a state of the art fitness center, ceramics studio, first class restaurant and much, much more. I love looking out our windows and seeing the trees that surround our campus. I feel like we are really living the dream of a perfect retirement.
- Janet P.|May 1, 2019After more than 18 years of Reston condo living, it was time to move. I started looking at 55+ communities in Fairfax and Loudoun. That's when I found LWVA. I still work full time, but I was also looking for community. As soon as I walked into the clubhouse I was hooked. Full gym, indoor pool, billiards, bar/restaurant. The ground are lovely and safe (right next to Lansdowne Resort) and the views are spectacular.
- Lucy K.|April 26, 2019I am so fortunate to live in the best 55+ community in Northern Virginia. Located on the quiet side of Loudoun County, immersed in nature, surrounded by a beautiful golf course and the Potomac River. The community is beautifuly landscaped, with trails, garden plots, and outdoor activities. Our condominiums are spacious, each has an enclosed balcony. Our clubhouse that offers just about every community activity you can think of - fitness, pool, tennis, restaurant, club meetings, dinners. It is a wonderful place to live.
- Jack K.|April 26, 2019My wife and I moved here in 2017 and love it! This community is on the very quiet side of Route 7, surrounded by nature. It’s quiet, peaceful and has a vibrant community. Our clubhouse has an amazing indoor pool, a fitness center (loaded with fitness equipment) a restaurant, ballroom, theater, and three art/craft studios. But the best part is the folks who live here. They are active adults - both physically and intellectually. This is NOT an assisted living or memory care environment. So if you are an empty nester who wants to unburden yourself from the drudgery of home maintenance, this is a place to consider.
- Emily & Mike (Resident/Homeowner)|October 9, 2015The best decision we ever made was to move here. People are friendly and activities are abundant and varied. I love the pool and attend water aerobics classes when I can. Movies and live shows are offered at the clubhouse to meet anyone's taste. I play lots of bridge, Mah Jongg, Bingo, and go on many of the trips both local and International. The line dance classes are a definite plus. Each building provides many activities and you can do as much or as little as you want! I could go on and on!!
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 14, 2013Living here is great. We downsized from a single family home in exchange for condo living to give us more time to enjoy life rather than maintain a house. It's great having so much more free time to spend doing things we like to do. We travel a lot, volunteer in the community, we golf and participate in lots of the clubs here. It's a friendly community and there is always something to do.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Lansdowne Woods of Virginia. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Lansdowne Woods of Virginia has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.
55Places.com is in no way affiliated with the developer of Leisure World&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;reg; Virginia. The information you submit is distributed to the Community Adviser. The information regarding Leisure World&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;reg; Virginia has not been verified or approved by the developer. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55Places.com and the developer are not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website. Leisure World&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;reg; is a registered trademark owned by RRLH, Inc. 55 Places, LLC and www.55places.com are authorized by RRLH, Inc. to use the Leisure World&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;reg; service mark.