NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 07, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2017 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BD93NC. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Long Island in New York is becoming one of the region s top destinations for 55+ communities, attracting buyers looking for a more luxurious retirement or a reasonable home in one of the most attractive areas in the country. The northeast coastal landscape, in an area teeming with opportunities to stay active, makes Long Island in New York a terrific choice for finding the perfect 55+ community.
Long Island is as historical as it is vibrant. Quaint, quiet towns dot the shore that sits just a short train ride away from New York City, the largest city in the country that features the most incredible cultural opportunities one can find in the region. With well-crafted homes, a dynamic outdoor scene, and plenty of amenities, Long Island has become a premier destination for active adult communities.
Climate & Geography
Long Island is 1,401 square miles and is comprised of four counties stretching from New York Harbor in the west to the Atlantic Ocean in the east. Although the New York City neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens are on Long Island, many residents consider Long Island to only consist of Nassau and Suffolk Counties. Long Island's climate is similar to other northeastern areas with warm and humid summers and cool and wet winters. The cool Atlantic Ocean provides a refreshing breeze during the hottest days of summer and tends to weaken strong tropical storms, making Long Island relatively safer than the surrounding regions when it comes to extreme weather and a more pleasurable option for active adults.
Long Island consists mostly of two long series of rugged hills with rocky beaches along the North Shore and sandier, crisper beaches along the South Shore. Long Island experiences 20 to 35 inches of snowfall annually, slightly lower than the national average, and three to four inches of rain. Due to the density and development in New York City, western Long Island is slightly warmer than the east.
Recreation, Culture, & Entertainment
Active adult communities in Long Island are ideally situated in an area rich in natural beauty and next door to a thriving urban center. Many active adults find Long Island's active adult communities attractive because of the ability to explore the area s rugged landscape in the morning and see a Broadway show in the evening. Active adults can explore New York City s shopping, restaurants, and entertainment. West Long Island also offers the historical Coney Island, Jones Beach, and the Rockaway Boardwalk in Queens. Long Islanders also find that the area features dozens of golf courses, beachfront camping, and hundreds of acres to hike through.
Sports fans will find plenty to root for with the Brooklyn Nets, New York Yankees, and New York Mets all based on Long Island. Those farther east can attend a New York Islanders game in Uniondale. Long Island is also known for hosting a collection of aviation and maritime museums, the largest number of lighthouses in the country, and bountiful vineyards in the scenic North Fork.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Although Long Island has some of the highest cost of living expenses compared to the rest of the country, active adults find that the financial burden dwindles the farther you get from New York City, one of the most expensive cities in the United States. Residents of New York have a higher tax burden per capita than much of the country and Nassau County has some of the highest property taxes in the country with Suffolk County not far behind.
New York s tax burden can be lightened since the state offers exemptions for veterans pensions, civil service pensions, and social security. Additionally, those 65 and better can qualify for a property tax exemption that can reduce the tax burden by up to 50%.
With over 50 hospitals to choose from, residents of Long Island's active adult communities benefit from an array of award-winning hospitals scattered across the region. Those closer to the city can visit New York Presbyterian Hospital, nationally ranked in 15 adult and pediatric specialties. Port Jefferson has the award winning John T. Mather University Hospital, cited as one of New York s eight top performing hospitals. North Shore University Hospital has several locations on Long Island and are especially known for their cardiology and neurology sectors. Residents of 55+ communities in Long Island find comfort in knowing that top performing medical centers are at arm's length.
Share this page with friends and family!