- Price Range
- Below $100k - High $200s
- Home Types
- Single Family
- Number of Homes
- New And Resale Homes
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1959 - Present
- Multiple Builders
- 6 reviews
Glenwood Village Overview
Settled along the scenic north shore of Long Island, Glenwood Village in Riverhead, New York is a 55+ community consisting of over 500 single-family homes. Glenwood Village and its recent expansion Glenwood Oaks offers active adult homebuyers several housing options, sure to meet their every need. Started by Stark Homes in 1959, Glenwood Village's reasonably priced homes, numerous amenities, and a picturesque setting in East Long Island offers some of the most desirable living options in the region.
Glenwood Village Amenities
At the heart of Glenwood Village is the recreation center. Relax with a book in the library, host a dinner for your neighbors in the kitchen, or stay in shape at the exercise room or the aerobics studio. You can also discover a new talent in the arts and crafts room or challenge a friend at the billiards table. In the warmer months the outdoor pool, putting green, bocce ball, and shuffleboard courts are sure to keep you active and social whatever month the calendar shows.
Glenwood Village Homes & Real Estate
Glenwood Village is a 55+ community that offers affordable manufactured, single-family homes. Plans call for 588 homes upon completion that are currently available as both new construction and resale homes. The community was started in 1959 and in 2005 additional homes were built in an area that is now known as Glenwood Oaks. Homebuyers have a wide variety of floor plans to choose from offered by multiple builders such as Stark Homes, Ritz-Carlton Homes and Pine Grove Homes.
The original Glenwood Village offers modest floor plans that feature two bedrooms and one to two bathrooms. Starting from 902 square feet, this selection of homes comes with either a drivewayor a carport for parking. The Glenwood Oaks selection has more open and spacious floor plans, starting from 1,050 square feet and features two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and either a carport or driveway. Most homes come with an open or covered porch. Whatever your living preferences, you are sure to find your perfect active adult home in Glenwood Village.
Glenwood Village Lifestyle
Life at Glenwood Village finds its core with the Glenwood Recreation Club, an association of residents who organize community activities. Take part in a luncheon, fashion show, fundraising with the Glenwood Village Lassies, or challenge your friends in the bowling league. For those wanting to explore the surrounding area, the Recreation Club organizes trips to local attractions, complete with transportation.
Glenwood Village is located in Riverhead, New York, a quaint and historic town that sits along the Peconic Bay. Residents can play a round of golf at one of the several surrounding courses, take in a performance at the downtown theater, or go boating in the Peconic Bay. Conveniently, there's a Stop and Shop next door to the community for all your daily needs.
Active adults can stay fit by exploring nearby hiking and biking trails or visit the region's renowned vineyards for a quick day trip. Riverhead is located 75 miles outside of downtown New York and JFK International Airport. Closer to home is Long Island MacArthur Airport, just 28 miles away. With the many amenities and wide variety of homes, Glenwood Village in East Long Island, New York is a great option for active adults in the region.
Glenwood Village Amenities
- Recreation Center
- Exercise Room
- Catering Kitchen
- Aerobics & Dance Studio
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Laundry Facilities
- Bocce Ball Courts
- Shuffleboard Courts
- Putting Green
- Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Patio
- Picnic Area
Glenwood Village Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Glenwood Village. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Bocce Ball
- Bowling Leagues
- Fashion Shows
- Fundraising Events
- Glenwood Village Lassies
- Recreation Club
- Trips to Regional Destinations
Price Range: Below $100k - High $200s
Glenwood Village's newest series of homes, Glenwood Oaks, offers spacious detached homes with various floor plans featuring two or three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and driveway parking or carport. Upon completion, this section of Glenwood Village will offer 88 homes. Please Note: Not all floor plans are available at this time.View Floorplans
Price Range: Below $100k - High $200s
The original community of Glenwood Village was started in 1959 and offers single-family homes available on a resale basis. These homes feature two or three bedrooms, one or two bathrooms and either driveway parking or carport. Please Note: Not all floor plans are available at this time.View Floorplans
Glenwood Village Reviews
- Gloria H.|February 20, 2019I am here over 35 years and I do not want to move. I am here because I have such wonderful neighbors and they look after me. I am 95 and still live alone and it is affordable.
- CARL G.|July 28, 2018After I moved in they built a large shopping center behind where my house is. I get to listen to tractor trailers being unloaded in the middle of the night and the garbage trucks start coming around 4AM. I moved out here for this????
- John H.|April 10, 2018Here 7 years, and sad to report that important services like sanitation have been CUT, from twice a week to only once. That's real bad, especially in the summer, keeping putrefying garbage a whole week. Had vermin last summer for the first time. Also, they seem to not be vetting new residents as well, so that creates quality of life issues. And any complaints to management will be met with arrogance and sarcasm, so be advised.
- Henry T.|July 10, 2017Nice, affordable community close to Riverhead's shopping and restaurants. It's a little dated, but the homes are well-kept.
- Helen S.(Resident/Homeowner)|January 5, 2015My husband and I moved here a little over two years ago. It is the best move we ever made! Glenwood Village is a wonderful community. The people are genuinely caring and loving people. There is lots to do with the pool, rec hall, meetings, dinner dances, picnics, too many activities to mention them all; I've never been happier in my life. It truly shows that management cares for its residents.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|September 7, 2014I bought a small place here about 7 years ago and just love it. At first the thought of downsizing was scary but my daughter really helped me go through everything and now I love it. I can take care of everything so easily now and have more time to spend with my friends. Everything I need is right here or close by including my doctors and my church. Moving here was a great decision and I am so happy!
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Glenwood Village. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Glenwood Village has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.