NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 07, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2017 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BD93NC. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Charlotte, North Carolina has quickly emerged as a top retirement destination for active retirees. Active adult communities in the Charlotte area offer dynamic lifestyles in a four-season climate with generally mild winters. Many second chance retirees who originally moved to Arizona or Florida later relocate to Charlotte, North Carolina s age-restricted communities.
Central North Carolina has proven such a draw to both retirees and non-retirees across the country that one out of every four Charlotte residents is a transplant, and the trend is unlikely to stop any time soon. Charlotte s 55+ neighborhoods have a vibrant sense of community that will appeal to retirees who want to keep active and working and maybe even return to the workforce or start a new career.
Climate & Geography
Because of its location on the Gulf of Mexico jet stream, Charlotte retirement communities enjoy a humid subtropical climate warmer than most places at comparable latitude. Average yearly daytime temperatures are comfortably in the 70s. Summers are warm and humid, with summer daytime temperatures commonly reaching the high 80s. Only in January do the nighttime temperatures regularly dip just below freezing, although in December and February you may see occasional snow and ice.
Charlotte is a sunny place. Most months average just three inches of rain, usually delivered by brief tropical thunderstorms except in winter. The total snowfall for most winters is well under one foot. Most of it melts on its own as the sun rises. However, outlying areas closer to the mountains can receive as much as two feet of snow.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Charlotte s sunny weather means that outdoor activities are many and diverse. If the many golf courses in the area do not suffice, Myrtle Beach, the Golf Capital of the World, is just an hour away. The sun-soaked beaches of Hilton Head Island are also within an easy drive. Other popular outdoor activities in Charlotte include tennis, sailing, biking, horseback riding, and hiking in the Blue Ridge or Great Smoky Mountains.
If kayakers find North Carolina s river systems too tame, try out the man-made rapids at the National Whitewater Rafting Center, located in Mecklenburg County, just west of Charlotte. At The Peninsula, a 55+ country club community just outside Charlotte, homeowners may join the Peninsula Yacht Club and take advantage of its state-of-the-art marina.
Charlotte is the birthplace of NASCAR and the Nextel Cup. This heritage will be preserved in the NASCAR Hall of Fame, due to open in 2010. Drag races abound at the zMAX Dragway, a new NHRA dragstrip in Concord, while stock car races can be found at the Metrolina Fair racetrack.
As the birthplace of Billy Graham, it should come as no surprise that the City of Churches is home to over 700 thriving religious communities covering a wide range of faiths and denominations. The majority of these are Protestant Christian, but even a traditional Latin Mass can be found at St. Anthony Catholic Church in Mount Holly. Charlotte also has two synagogues and a Jewish community center.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Residents of the Charlotte area enjoy a cost of living index that is 90.7% of the national average. North Carolina income tax is collected at a flat rate of 5.8% and in 2015 it will lower to 5.75% with the possibility of further reductions in subsequent years. Retirees living in Charlotte s active adult communities do not have their Social Security income taxed nor does the state collect an estate tax. Real estate taxes are collected by the county.
Continuing an active working lifestyle is just part of the high quality of life Charlotte has to offer older adults. Many who move here are not quite ready to hang up the office tie just yet. Charlotte s strong, diverse economy makes it easy for active adults to find jobs in a wide range of fields. Charlotte also has nearly a dozen high quality hospitals and healthcare facilities. Duke Medical Center is consistently ranked among the top ten healthcare organizations in the country and many active adult communities are located nearby.
Share this page with friends and family!