- Price Range
- Mid $200s - Mid $500s
- Home Types
- Attached, Single-Family
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2007 - 2017
- D.R. Horton
- 3 reviews
The Vineyards on Lake Wylie Overview
Situated on 1.2 miles of Lake Wylie shoreline among rolling hills and wine country, The Vineyards is a premiere community by D.R. Horton. It is divided into two neighborhoods with home styles and amenities appropriate for many different types of new home buyers, with both single-family ranch homes as well as two-story layouts.
Despite its rural qualities and serene atmosphere, The Vineyards on Lake Wylie is only 15 minutes from Charlotte, North Carolina. It is also the largest lakefront resort-style neighborhood in the Charlotte area with the best waterfront values. This pedestrian friendly community features sidewalks on both street sides and walking trails. It was meticulously designed to maintain the landscape's character and incorporate the pristine waterfront while implementing modern on-site comforts in the form of central amenity centers and contemporary floor plans.
The Vineyards on Lake Wylie Amenities
Homeowners have use of several recreation areas. The 7,000 square-foot Monterra Manor House includes a business center, grand ballroom, and a health and fitness center. Just outside beckons a resort-style pool and lap pool. Steps away is the Sports Park that features tennis, bocce, pickleball, and sand volleyball. A grand pavilion and dog parks are also part of the amenities. Over ten miles of walking trails among wide open green spaces wind along the water front. Residents regularly partake in fishing, boating, canoeing, and kayaking on Lake Wylie.
The Vineyards on Lake Wylie Homes & Real Estate
Homes at The Vineyards on Lake Wylie are energy efficient with smart floor plans and have desirable elevations that include different stone and brick textures for a Craftsman-style appearance. The world class designs incarnate Southern elegance enhanced with European flair.
D.R. Horton offers main-floor master bedroom plans in the Napa Cottages, Salinas Estates, and Kenwood Villas. These are especially designed to appeal to active lifestyle homebuyers and offer between 1,356 and 2,755 square feet of living space. Many of these plans include lawn maintenance in the homeowners' association fees.
The Vineyards on Lake Wylie Lifestyle
This premier community offers inexpensive lakeside and resort living. Homebuyers who love water will feel right at home, but all who appreciate the wonders of nature while enjoying luxurious amenities will find this neighborhood appealing. The Vineyards takes full advantage of Lake Wylie's 320 miles of shoreline with a boat launch and lakefront docks. Not only do residents enjoy socializing at the activity centers, but they are also developing their own special interest groups like poker, bunco, and coupon club.
Situated two miles from I-85 and I-485, The Vineyards on Lake Wylie in Charlotte is considered part of the Belmont area, a small thriving town with charming restaurants and shops with character. The closest air travel available is at Charlotte Douglas International Airport, only three miles away. Uptown Charlotte, the Southpark Mall and the Northlake Mall are all within 15 minute driving distance. Popular recreation options in the area include Stowe Botanical Gardens and the National White Water Center, just minutes away from the community. The Vineyards on Lake Wylie is an ideal community for buyers looking to live in the Charlotte, NC area.
The Vineyards on Lake Wylie Amenities
- Clubhouse - 7,000 Sq. Ft.
- Fitness Center
- Outdoor Pool
- Tennis Courts
- Pickleball Courts
- Bocce Ball Courts
- Volleyball Court
- Picnic Area
- Playground for Grandkids
- Soccer Fields
- Dog Park
- Lake Wylie - Boat Accessible
- 50 Boat Slips
- RV Parking
- Walking & Biking Trails
- Parks & Natural Space
The Vineyards on Lake Wylie Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in The Vineyards on Lake Wylie. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Coupon Club
- Boat Ridges
- Helping Hands
- Holiday Parties
Price Range: Mid $200s - High $200s
Kenwood Villas are attached homes. These are offered in three floor plans that range from 1,820 to 2,026 with three bedrooms, two-and-a-half bathrooms, and a two-car garage.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $200s - High $200s
The Napa Cottages are charming cottage-style homes that range from 1,356 to 2,087 square feet in size. These single-family homes have two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, an attached garage.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $300s - Mid $500s
The Salinas Estates are offered in two floor plans that are 2,217 and 2,775 square feet in size with three or four bedrooms, two or three bathrooms and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
The Vineyards on Lake Wylie Reviews
- CC (Resident/Homeowner)|November 11, 2014I have been looking at this neighborhood for years waiting for it to mature and for the lots I wanted to open up. I purchased a home in the spring and moved a few months ago and I love it! The HOA takes care of landscaping so that's something I don't have to even think about. They turned my fence request around very quickly. I am able to do the landscaping and hardscaping I want in the backyard, no problem. I got all the custom features inside I wanted when I built. The area is lovely and while all the amenities are not in yet the ones I use are so I don't mind! Belmont has a lovely small town feel, which includes everything form upscale neighborhoods to some trailers, the crime rate is low and I am not a snob, so I like the diversity! Its low maintenance living and I never have to worry about a new neighbor moving in and building some monstrosity in their yard or painting their house purple and yellow!(which yes did happened to me once!) and of course the 1.5 mile of lake front is nice too ;-)
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|September 22, 2013We bought a home here last year and really like the community. It's perfect for us and our two dogs love it too. The dog park is nice and all the trails are great. We enjoy being on the water and just spending time outside.
- J c.(Resident/Homeowner)|February 14, 2013We love the area, but were mislead and lied to when we made our purchase..the amenities are not as they promised, HOA rules were not disclosed and we were told we could treat our home as ours, but the HOA has the say so on everything you do..even inside your home. The ugly trailers are still there at the entrance and we were told these were purchased by DR Horton and being removed...just don't believe the sales people..ask lots of questions, especially ask for the rules..we were not given any, we were just told by the rep and you would think they would be truthful..but they aren't. If you like the "Stepford Wives" way of living, this is the community for you!
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of The Vineyards on Lake Wylie. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding The Vineyards on Lake Wylie has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.