Edgewater The Cottages Overview
Edgewater The Cottages is an active-lifestyle community located in Lancaster, SC. It features low-maintenance, single-family homes with first-floor master suites. Homeowners will love the wide variety of resort-style amenities in the community, including a golf course, restaurant, lakeside pavilion, and outdoor pool. Located in the Charlotte metropolitan area, residents will love being part of a growing region with many upscale amenities.
Edgewater The Cottages Amenities
The community will feature a social building called the Meeting House which will only be accessible to residents of The Cottages. The remaining amenities are accessible to everyone in the larger Edgewater community. That includes a public golf course – Edgewater Golf Club – an 18-hole course, which also has a pro shop, as well as a restaurant and bar called the 19th Hole. Amenities exclusive to homeowners at Edgewater include an outdoor pool with patio and lounge chairs, tennis courts, pickleball courts, and nature trails.
Edgewater The Cottages Homes & Real Estate
True Homes started construction on Edgewater The Cottages in 2007. Upon completion, the community plans to include 92 homes. These homes come in floor plans ranging from 1,149 to 1,680 square feet of living space. They have two or three bedrooms, two or two-and-a-half bathrooms, and two-car garages. These homes include features like open plans, gourmet kitchens, and backyard decks.
Edgewater The Cottages Lifestyle
Edgewater The Cottages’ wide array of amenities gives residents an almost limitless amount of lifestyle opportunities. Homeowners can golf or play tennis, and playpickle ball. On the water there’s boating, canoeing, kayaking, and fishing. Residents can also participate in various organized events like yoga, bunko, and Mah Jongg. Residents will have more time to participate in these events because their homeowners’ association fee covers lawn maintenance like mowing, trimming, and water.
Ideally located in Lancaster, residents will enjoy living in one of the fastest-growing areas of the country. The community is just a short drive from downtown Lancaster where homeowners can grocery shop at Aldi, Food Lion, or BI-LO. Restaurants include Applebee’s, Arby’s, and Bojangles’. Lancaster also has a Walmart and Sears. Spring Memorial Hospital services the area and there are several pharmacies in Lancaster. There are several gyms near the community, including Anytime Fitness and Gregory Health and Wellness Center. Golfers looking for a change of course scenery from Edgewater can play at Lancaster Golf Club and Crow’s Nest at Arrowood.
Edgewater The Cottages is just minutes away from Interstate 77. A forty-minute drive north brings residents to Charlotte and its booming suburbs. There, residents can find a wider variety of shopping, restaurants, and entertainment. Residents can spend a day at Carowinds theme park, Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, or the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Homeowners looking for a trip farther away can fly out of Charlotte-Douglas International Airport. Its prime location and wide array of modern, private amenities makes Edgewater The Cottages an ideal active-lifestyle community in Lancaster, SC.
Edgewater The Cottages Amenities
The Cottages Amenities
A private social center will only be available for residents of The Cottages
- Meeting House - 1,600 St. Ft. - Coming Soon!
- Fitness Center
- Multi-Purpose Room
Located throughout the larger Edgewater community, these amenities can be used by all residents and the public.
- Golf Clubhouse - Coming Soon!
- 19th Hole Club
- Pro Shop
- 18-Hole Edgewater Golf Club
- Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Patio
- Village Square
- Tennis Courts
- Pickleball Courts
- Walking & Biking Trails
- Lakeside Park
- Fishing Creek Lake
- Edgewater Marina
- Boat Launch
- R.V./Boat Parking
- Equestrian Facilities - Coming Soon!
Edgewater The Cottages Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Edgewater The Cottages. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Community Events
- Pickle Ball
Price Range: Low $100s - Mid $300s
These homes come in floor plans ranging from 1,149 to 1,680 square feet of living space. They have two or three bedrooms, two or two-and-a-half bathrooms, and two-car garages. These homes include features like open plans, gourmet kitchens, and backyard decks. Please Note: Floor plans are not available at this time.
|Model Name||Sq. Ft.||Beds||Baths||Garage|
|Newport||1149||2 - 3||2||2|
|Abington||1252||2 - 3||2||2|
|Montcrest||1839||2 - 4||4||2|
|Bayside||1680||3 - 5||3||2|
Edgewater The Cottages Reviews
- julian g.|April 2, 2018NOT A 55 + as promised. Small children, families & school buses are now part of the community. Yards not initially planned for kid's activities. HOA standards are being relaxed in order to make a sale. Wood fences now being offered by builder not keeping with HOA rules of metal. Clubhouse size is not in proportion to surrounding area. NO STREETLIGHTS & HOA is installing group mailbox stations out in open with no security lighting. TRIBUTE HOMES TALKS A GOOD TALK. Don't fall for it.
- keith m.|February 4, 2018the roads going in/out are a mess with no assistance/care from the developer. Many things have been promised, but none have materialized. There are very few activities. NOT A 55+ community as promised. NO STREETLIGHTS, so very unsafe. NO CLUBHOUSE, pool has a large crack & shuffleboard courts are cracked & horseshoes is a JOKE. A MISTAKE that i moved here. Now, houses are selling to anyone. NO security. IF i could give no stars i would.
- Joey (Resident/Homeowner)|December 4, 2017This in NOT a 55+ commuity, it is not a gated commuity, the prommised club house for the last 3 years is still in the planing stage, it will NOT be restricted to residents of the Cottages. There is no resturant but there is a snack bar at the golf course serving microwave food. The Lakeside pavilion is avilable to the public or anybody who will pay a rental fee for it's use. Walking and bike trails are the roads not trails. There is NO Boat launch just a unsecure marina with 2 boats parked and both have been vandalized in the past.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Edgewater The Cottages. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Edgewater The Cottages has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.