- Price Range
- Mid $100s - Mid $300s
- Home Types
- Number of Homes
- New And Resale Homes
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2007 - Present
- True Homes
- 24 reviews
Edgewater The Cottages Overview
Edgewater The Cottages is an active-lifestyle community located in Lancaster, SC. It features low-maintenance, single-family homes with first-floor master suites. Homeowners will love the wide variety of resort-style amenities in the community, including a golf course, restaurant, lakeside pavilion, and outdoor pool. Located in the Charlotte metropolitan area, residents will love being part of a growing region with many upscale amenities.
Edgewater The Cottages Amenities
The community will feature a social building called the Meeting House which will only be accessible to residents of The Cottages. The remaining amenities are accessible to everyone in the larger Edgewater community. That includes a public golf course – Edgewater Golf Club – an 18-hole course, which also has a pro shop, as well as a restaurant and bar called the 19th Hole. Amenities exclusive to homeowners at Edgewater include an outdoor pool with patio and lounge chairs, tennis courts, pickleball courts, and nature trails.
Edgewater The Cottages Homes & Real Estate
True Homes started construction on Edgewater The Cottages in 2007. Upon completion, the community plans to include 92 homes. These homes come in floor plans ranging from 1,149 to 1,680 square feet of living space. They have two or three bedrooms, two or two-and-a-half bathrooms, and two-car garages. These homes include features like open plans, gourmet kitchens, and backyard decks.
Edgewater The Cottages Lifestyle
Edgewater The Cottages’ wide array of amenities gives residents an almost limitless amount of lifestyle opportunities. Homeowners can golf or play tennis, and playpickle ball. On the water there’s boating, canoeing, kayaking, and fishing. Residents can also participate in various organized events like yoga, bunko, and Mah Jongg. Residents will have more time to participate in these events because their homeowners’ association fee covers lawn maintenance like mowing, trimming, and water.
Ideally located in Lancaster, residents will enjoy living in one of the fastest-growing areas of the country. The community is just a short drive from downtown Lancaster where homeowners can grocery shop at Aldi, Food Lion, or BI-LO. Restaurants include Applebee’s, Arby’s, and Bojangles’. Lancaster also has a Walmart and Sears. Spring Memorial Hospital services the area and there are several pharmacies in Lancaster. There are several gyms near the community, including Anytime Fitness and Gregory Health and Wellness Center. Golfers looking for a change of course scenery from Edgewater can play at Lancaster Golf Club and Crow’s Nest at Arrowood.
Edgewater The Cottages is just minutes away from Interstate 77. A forty-minute drive north brings residents to Charlotte and its booming suburbs. There, residents can find a wider variety of shopping, restaurants, and entertainment. Residents can spend a day at Carowinds theme park, Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, or the NASCAR Hall of Fame. Homeowners looking for a trip farther away can fly out of Charlotte-Douglas International Airport. Its prime location and wide array of modern, private amenities makes Edgewater The Cottages an ideal active-lifestyle community in Lancaster, SC.
Edgewater The Cottages Amenities
The Cottages Amenities
A private social center will only be available for residents of The Cottages
- Meeting House - 1,600 St. Ft. - Coming Soon!
- Fitness Center
- Multi-Purpose Room
Located throughout the larger Edgewater community, these amenities can be used by all residents and the public.
- Golf Clubhouse - Coming Soon!
- 19th Hole Club
- Pro Shop
- 18-Hole Edgewater Golf Club
- Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Patio
- Village Square
- Tennis Courts
- Pickleball Courts
- Walking & Biking Trails
- Lakeside Park
- Fishing Creek Lake
- Edgewater Marina
- Boat Launch
- R.V./Boat Parking
- Equestrian Facilities - Coming Soon!
Edgewater The Cottages Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Edgewater The Cottages. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Community Events
- Pickle Ball
Price Range: Low $100s - Mid $300s
These homes come in floor plans ranging from 1,149 to 1,680 square feet of living space. They have two or three bedrooms, two or two-and-a-half bathrooms, and two-car garages. These homes include features like open plans, gourmet kitchens, and backyard decks. Please Note: Floor plans are not available at this time.
|Model Name||Sq. Ft.||Beds||Baths||Garage|
|Newport||1149||2 - 3||2||2|
|Abington||1255 - 2604||2 - 6||2 - 4||2|
|Carson||1619 - 1679||3||2.5||2|
|Montcrest||1839||2 - 4||4||2|
|Bayside||1680||3 - 5||3||2|
|Cyprus||1461 - 2323||2 - 3||2 - 3||2|
|Kline||1862 - 2149||3||2.5||2|
Edgewater The Cottages Reviews
- George S.|April 21, 2019We bought our lot in 2005, built our house in 2009, going on our 10th year in this great neighborhood. If you want privacy, you can have it; if you want community activities, there are lots of good choices (golf, lake, yoga, pickle ball, card games, bunco, pool table, swimming pool, walking trails, etc.). We have great neighbors and are extremely happy with our decision to make this our final home.
- Mary O.|April 19, 2019We moved into Edgewater, Lake View Point a year ago. We are so happy with our decision! This is a wonderful community. You have many types of home plans & sites to choose from.
Our home is perfect for us. Lots of light and well-made (during stormy weather we had to step outside onto our screened in porch to hear the wind). We love our new community and friends. It is hard moving from family and didn’t realize how important a good community helps with the transition. Our social committee and volunteers work hard to organize events and it shows. Yoga, Water Aerobics, Pot luck dinners, Bunco, Food & Flicks, Pickle ball, Outings, monthly luncheons, Wine tasting and Charity Car show to name a few. Get involved as much as you like or not at all. Great for families and seniors alike (some retired, some not, some commute, some WFH).
There is an award-winning Golf course, tennis/pickleball courts, great pool and of course the lake. A beautiful clubhouse opened in 2018 with a billiard room.
The lake is not busy so we feel safe kayaking, paddle boarding & boating and there is always fishing. We love being able to have fun on the lake for 3 seasons and enjoy year-round beauty, wildlife & serenity.
Ohhh… the sunsets are just marvelous.
We love living here, our friends/neighbors are so helpful & friendly. Edgewater is our Happy Place!
- Phillip G.|April 19, 2019We moved here from Iowa in August of 2018 to be close to our grandchildren. We really enjoy the Edgewater community, as everyone is so friendly. We love our home and enjoy the community amenities that are offered, including the pool and clubhouse, the lake and beautiful views when going for walks, and the golf course. The Social Committee plans a monthly schedule of activities, so one can be as active as you choose. We are happy that we found Edgewater! Life is Good!
- Olivia V.|April 17, 2019The cottages is a beautiful, calm and peaceful place. Couldn’t choose a better place for retirement. It is close to nature, our neighbors are great and caring. They run lot of activities and games. Clubhouse is beautiful. Great place to live in highly recommend it.
- Kim V.|April 17, 2019My husband and I escaped the congestion and traffic of Fort Mill a year ago and couldn’t be happier . We are empty nesters and downsized to the perfect floor plan.we enjoy fishing, swimming , Bible study , shooting pool, Bunco and lunch and movie outings with our neighbors . There is a monthly community calendar with as much or as little as you want to participate in . It is a beautiful place to live and s great investment . We are blessed to have found Edgewater .
- Phil & Pam G.|April 16, 2019We moved here from Iowa in August 2018 to be close to our grandkids. We found Edgewater on the internet and made several visits. Each visit, we stopped and talked with people who lived in the area and they sold us on how welcoming the community is--which gave us an "at home" feeling. We are happy we made the move and cant say enough about our True Homes Realtor Dana, and the rest of the True Homes Team (Chris, Bobbi Ann and Lavern) who helped us through the purchase and move-in process. We are really enjoying our Edgewater family, our home, and the amenities that the community offers. We enjoy our daily walks and are anxiously awaiting the reopening of the beautiful pool for the summer. We enjoy the peace and quiet and being away from the busyness of the city. We enjoy going into the city, but always enjoy coming home. The Social Committee does a great job of planning and hosting a wide array of social activities, so one can get as involved as they want. So happy that we chose Edgewater!
- MARLA s.|April 16, 2019Moving from the north we have found our forever home. It was a little bumpy , the road, getting used to the distance and then... We thought at first it was too far out. Now, as you drive in we realized it is a place of calm in a hectic busy world. My home building experience could not have been more pleasant. From the sales end to the design end and True Homes project manager making it worry free. As this community grows it only gets better. We are growing and the people here all pull together and it is very exciting to welcome all our new friends. Great pool, activities, involvement, pickle ball. It has ammenities and activities but not overwhelming. As we close our door at night after watching the sunset from our front porch it could not be better.
- Terrin C.|April 16, 2019The whole community (Cottages & Lake Pointe) needs a lot of work starting with the HOA. The roads have potholes...no lighting....the grounds are dreadful yet the HOA will harass you regarding your lawn if you have a brown spot. No sidewalks....you are on your own if you are walking thru and a speeding car comes in. As much as I love my home and the immediate area...I wouldn’t recommend it only because of the HOA (Braesael). The HOA makes up their own rules and then charges fees without giving you a chance to fix whatever issue. If the Cottages are advertising as a 55+ community, they shouldn’t be. I’m not opposed to children, but don’t false advertise just to make a sale. If you don’t mind the headache of having to argue, be harassed by, or discriminated against from the HOA, then this is the place for you.
- Ben O.|April 16, 2019We moved here in August 2018. Couldn't be happier. The neighbors are the best. There are plenty of activities. Love the clubhouse and the pool. Our home is lovely and we'll built.
- Susan O.|April 16, 2019We recently moved in to the Cottages. We find the neighbors to be wonderful. We’ve been to a couple of get togethers at the club house which have been fun. It’s a beautiful lake community with a Golf Club and a beautiful pool. I would recommend any and all to come and visit....
- Laurie C.|April 16, 2019Stop! You need to come here ASAP. This is a lovely community. We bought a waterfront lot here and built our own home. We have had a lovely experience. We still work so we don't interact much. But, wow, a kinder more considerate community you will not find. The developer just put in a gorgeous ammenity center next to our pool. It's not huge, but neither are our HOA dues! The value we have here is insane. The golf course, marina are top notch. Plus, it is safe and quiet. We are a little off the beaten track, but I like the privacy. You must see this place before you make a decision. There are a lot of different price points and it is building up fast.
- Sharon B.|April 16, 2019We moved here from MO August 2018 and have no regrets. From the moment we arrived to look I knew it was exactly what we were looking for. We were only here for two days so made a quick decision to build. We made most of the decisions from long distance and everything went smoothly. The best experience we gave out of the three homes we built. We love the neighborhood because everyone is so friendly and there is no end of things to do. There are always people out walking, biking or riding around in golf carts. The clubhouse and pool are great and there are tennis/pickle ball courts, a lakeside pavilion, marina and great golf course. You will not regret a move to Edgewater.
- Sheila B.|April 14, 2019We moved here a year ago from Michigan and only have positive comments. We love our home design, great utilization of space, excellent placement of windows, blinds included, stainless steel appliances, great light fixtures and well built. The community is outstanding....very nice/friendly people, a brand new clubhouse with a beautiful inside design, TV/fireplace outside, great pool area, lakeside pavilion with games available, place for a campfire, so very relaxing, excellent golfing, excellent lake activities including great fishing, the marina is covered, well maintained, offers gasoline, snacks, etc..., the golf club is very spacious, offers Edgewater apparel, drinks and light food. There are numerous monthly activities to take part in for all types of people...you can be as busy as you want. True Hones has been very easy to work with, we have an excellent sales team and offer multiple types of homes from lakefront living, to the cottage's, to Lakeview Pointe to paired homes. The HOA fees are minimal.compared to other communities, the HOA meets regularly with us and has kept the community looking great. Our only regret is not moving here sooner because it truly is a remarkable place to live.
- Anne M.|April 14, 2019Love it here. The neighbors are so welcoming. You can be as involved as you wish. Predominate age is 55+ however there are folks of all ages which we welcome. The clubhouse is beautiful and our social committee works hard to keep us entertained from poker nights, wine and beer tastings to charity golf tourneys.
- Judy K.|April 14, 2019My husband and I retired to Edgewater 3 1/2 years ago. We love all the wonderful neighbors and extensive planned activities. The serenity of the lake along with the abundance of wildlife makes this the perfect Retirement Community. And the sunsets right out our backdoor are magnificent!
If you are looking for a friendly community with amazing amenities - and one of the Carolina’s premier golf courses - you will love Edgewater.
- Debbie L.|April 14, 2019We bought a vacation home in Edgewater 2 years ago and it has been the best decision we ever made! There are so many things to do there we are never bored. The new clubhouse with pool table is a favorite with my older kids. The pool is huge and is well maintained in the summer. We use the picnic pavilion constantly either roasting s'mores in the fireplace or using the grill. Our neighbors have all been wonderful and very helpful to watch the house when we are not there. Such a peaceful and beautiful place!
- Sharon S.|April 13, 2019This is an amazing community with many amenities and friendly neighbors. We are two communities under one umbrella so be sure to have your REALTOR show you the differences!
The Lake is beautiful - golf course award winning - sidewalks and walking trails - street lights - Community Clubhouse - Lakeside Pavillon - Pool - tennis and pickle ball - yoga - and many social activities weekly.
We love calling Edgewater home.
- Janice M.|April 13, 2019I live in the Lakeshore section of Edgewater. I love it here. The people are great. There are plenty of activities and ideas are always being developed for more fun. It's quiet. The people are terrific. The perfect place for me.
- Donna R.|April 13, 2019I have lived in the Cottages for over 4 years. In that time, I have seen many improvements and activities are in abundance. The houses are going up like crazy and the people moving in have been wonderful to get to know!!! We moved here from MN knowing noone but a couple family members in Rock Hill and I can honestly say I have made some lifelong friends that I consider family! If you are looking for a beautiful environment and away from all the business of the city, Edgewater is your place. The Clubhouse was built last year and there are functions going on there very frequently to include a Veteran's group. I am Proud to say that I have built my forever home here. Are there a few drawbacks, sure just as there are in any community. But the Pros definitely outweigh them. And the road has been fixed, so no more complaints about that and it is kept clean by our very own community as well as Bethel Road and the riverbanks.
- Steve R.|April 13, 2019Don't let the bad reviews fool you. Edgewater is a very great place to live. We do have different activities going on at the community clubhouse throughout the week. The activity organizers are doing a great job setting up opportunities for neighbors to get together so we can get to know our new neighbors and spend time with those we already know. If you love a quiet night to sit outside, this is the place.
- Cindy R.|April 13, 2019We relocated to Edgewater The Cottages several years ago and are so thankful we made this decision! We stumbled upon it because we were looking at a resale home in Lancaster. When we found out that at Edgewater, we could afford to build a BRAND NEW house near a lake in a community with a pool, tennis courts, golf course, marina, lakeside pavilion, planned activities AND they would mow our lawn, we were blown away! We contracted within a couple of days and haven't regretted it for a moment. On the contrary, we are so happy to be here. The community has steadily grown each year, adding houses, street lights, a beautiful clubhouse, and more groups and activities all the time. Even the town of Lancaster has expanded greatly since we've been here with more businesses coming in every year, including the Winner of CraftBeer.com's Great American Beer Bars award for 2018 & 2019! We've got several good restaurants in town - Mexican, Chinese, American, Seafood etc. and lots of fast food places too. With Belk, Walmart, Home Depot, BiLo, Food Lion, CVS, Walgreens, Aldi's and Lancaster Medical Center just a 15 min ride away, Edgewater has close access to all the necessities! It's a hidden gem for real! I highly recommend.
- julian g.|April 2, 2018NOT A 55 + as promised. Small children, families & school buses are now part of the community. Yards not initially planned for kid's activities. HOA standards are being relaxed in order to make a sale. Wood fences now being offered by builder not keeping with HOA rules of metal. Clubhouse size is not in proportion to surrounding area. NO STREETLIGHTS & HOA is installing group mailbox stations out in open with no security lighting. TRIBUTE HOMES TALKS A GOOD TALK. Don't fall for it.
- keith m.|February 4, 2018the roads going in/out are a mess with no assistance/care from the developer. Many things have been promised, but none have materialized. There are very few activities. NOT A 55+ community as promised. NO STREETLIGHTS, so very unsafe. NO CLUBHOUSE, pool has a large crack & shuffleboard courts are cracked & horseshoes is a JOKE. A MISTAKE that i moved here. Now, houses are selling to anyone. NO security. IF i could give no stars i would.
- Joey (Resident/Homeowner)|December 4, 2017This in NOT a 55+ commuity, it is not a gated commuity, the prommised club house for the last 3 years is still in the planing stage, it will NOT be restricted to residents of the Cottages. There is no resturant but there is a snack bar at the golf course serving microwave food. The Lakeside pavilion is avilable to the public or anybody who will pay a rental fee for it's use. Walking and bike trails are the roads not trails. There is NO Boat launch just a unsecure marina with 2 boats parked and both have been vandalized in the past.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Edgewater The Cottages. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Edgewater The Cottages has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.