- Price Range
- Below $100k - High $100s
- Home Types
- Number of Homes
- New And Resale Homes
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2005 - Present
- Sobel Co.
- 13 reviews
Lakeside Crossing Overview
Lakeside Crossing is a 55+ community in Conway, South Carolina. Residents of this community enjoy low-maintenance living along with luxurious resort-style amenities. Ranch-style single-family homes are available on a new and resale basis. Close to Myrtle Beach, the surrounding area offers a myriad of shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
Lakeside Crossing Amenities
Lakeside Crossing offers its residents an abundance of great amenities. The main clubhouse is home to most of the activities in the community. Here residents enjoy each other's company by joining clubs in the multi-purpose room, playing cards in the hobby and game room or grabbing a drink in the pub. Surrounding the clubhouse, residents can stay active on the two tennis courts and three shuffleboard courts.
Next door to the main clubhouse is the fitness complex. Here residents have the opportunity to stay in shape using the state-of-the-art fitness equipment. There is also an indoor lap pool with a jacuzzi and an aerobics and dance room. With so much going on at this active adult community, there is never a dull moment.
Lakeside Crossing Homes & Real Estate
This 55+ community started in 2005 and upon its completion is planned to have 692 land-lease homes. Four low-maintenance single-family home models are available to new homebuyers. These models range from 1,397 to 1,907 square feet of living space. Each model offers at least two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a den, and an attached one-car or two-car garage. These floor plans were designed for active adults with open floor plans and modern kitchens. Master bedrooms with private bathrooms and front porches are just a few of the great features of these models.
Lakeside Crossing Lifestyle
This active adult community promotes a low-maintenance lifestyle for its residents. The annual homeowners' association fee covers general maintenance of the community grounds and common areas, as well as the exterior lawn care of all homes in the community. This allows residents the opportunity to enjoy all that Lakeside Crossing and the surrounding area has to offer.
Located in Conway, South Carolina, the area surrounding Lakeside Crossing offers endless opportunities for shopping, dining, and entertainment. Located between I-501 and I-701, residents have easy access to major roadways. This 55+ community is located less than 15 miles from Myrtle Beach where residents enjoy the close proximity to a bustling urban area. Day trips to the coastal beaches nearby are often planned by residents. Golfers will love the numerous courses in the area that offer great golf for all levels of play. A bustling environment with a beautiful climate makes Lakeside Crossing one of the most sought-after 55+ communities in the Southeast.
Lakeside Crossing Amenities
The main clubhouse in Lakeside Crossing offers numerous amenities for residents.
- Hobby & Game Room
- Multi-Purpose Room
- Business Center
- Catering Kitchen
- 2 Tennis Courts
- 3 Shuffleboard Courts
- Walking & Biking Trails
- Scenic Lakes & Ponds
Lakeside Crossing Fitness Complex
The fitness complex at Lakeside Crossing offers the latest in cardio and weight-strength equipment.
- Fitness Complex
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Equipment
- Indoor Pool
- Aerobics & Dance Studio
- Locker Rooms
- Massage Therapy Room
Lakeside Crossing Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Lakeside Crossing. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Ballroom Dance Class
- Bible Study
- Billiard Practice
- Book Club
- Bridge 4 Fun
- BYOB Happy Hour
- Card Crafting
- Cha Cha Dance Class
- Chair Aerobics
- Doubles Tennis
- FIBS Exercise Class
- Garden Club
- Hand & Foot
- Holiday Parties
- Line Dance Class
- Mah Jongg
- Men's Breakfast
- Needle Works
- Painting Class
- Photo Group
- Potluck Dinner
- Pub Happy Hour
- Singles Meeting
- Stretch Class
- Sunday Flicks
- Super Bowl Parties
- Tai Chi
- Texas Hold'em
- Toss Up
- Travel Club
- Water Aerobics
- Water Volleyball
- Water Walking
Single Family Homes
Price Range: Low $100s - High $100s
These single-family homes range from 1,397 to 1,907 square feet of living space. Each model offers at least two bedrooms, two bathooms, a den, and an attached one-car or two-car garage. These floor plans were designed for active adults with open floor plans and modern kitchens. Master bedrooms with private baths and front porches are just a few of the great features of these models. These homes are part of a land-lease community.View Floorplans
Lakeside Crossing Reviews
- Nicholas O.|February 12, 2020My husband and I love it here. No complaints about the community or amenities. Beware of the "new construction" homes. Most of the following issues are experienced by all new homeowners: water leaking into microwave during a storm, roof leaks, floors uneven, primer on walls NOT PAINT!, dishwasher not hooked up, wall switches installed backwards, deep scratches in floors, some windows don't open, poor cement work, the list goes on. Although Champion will send sub-contractors to fix everything, it is still VERY disappointing. Our "new" roof had to be partially replaced. Its like waking up Christmas morning and you open your presents and they're all broken. This is just an idea of what to expect. Don't expect quality and you won't be disappointed. One new homeowner had 17 pages of problems that needed to be addressed. We only had 4.
- Caroline C.|June 3, 2019We have been here just about a year. We love it hear! There’s a lot to do! Everyone is very nice and friendly. You do as much as you want or as little as you want. It’s up to you.
- Merry H.|May 9, 2019We bought an existing Palm Harbor model. We are very happy. Lots to do or you can just enjoy your leisure time. My husband loves golf weekly and the pool group. We moved here in March 2018.
- Roberta L.|October 15, 2018We have lived here for three months....wish we never bought here........been promised so many things....none never get done unless you scream & yell...the workmanship is horrible...hot/cold water backwards...drains going to nowhere..
Siding flying off house twice..the left hand dosnt know what the right hand is doing...they appease you buy yesing you to death & still nothing gets done....moved here because of activities....tried setting one up bit it wasnt posted on time...ive been thrown out of club house because i bring things to their attention & they get very defensive...ive called the higher ups...they give you the same treatment...there are 3 homes for sale on my street...and the people have them already up for sale....i was mislead...they were nice until they got my $$$$....DO NOT BUY HERE!
- M G H.|August 8, 2018No regrets. Residing here for 2 1/2 years so far. Consider this the last home you will need to buy. Houses are affordable, great design and features. 55+ ACTIVE Community says it all. So much to do, no need to be bored. HOA fee includes leased land, all amenities, trash removal, lawn cutting, full time Activities Director,etc. Bring your Northern Retirement check down here, money goes a lot farther in S.C. It's a wonderful neighborhood, full of fellowship, caring, nice people. What a great place to grow old.
- Mara P.(Resident/Homeowner)|November 20, 2017Great facilities, wonderful staff, tons of activities, and a very tight knit community. Houses are extremely affordable and the proximity to beaches, golf, and entertainment is perfect.
- Linda Happy Resident (Resident/Homeowner)|July 8, 2016I've been here a year and am VERY happy. This is a very active community. New owners since May 2016 are making many updates. The outdoor pool is currently under construction. The indoor pool was refurbished this year. New exercise equipment recently installed. This is a community with lots of friendly residents who make you feel very welcome. I would highly recommend this community.
- New O.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 18, 2015We are very happy here since we moved in the end of July. They keep the community neat, clean, and green. Would refer Lakeside Crossing to anyone.
- Happy R.(Resident/Homeowner)|June 13, 2015This is a great place to retire. We've lived here over a year and can truthfully say that the people who are unhappy did not do a cost analysis prior to purchase. It's a real shame that their inattention to details are preventing them from enjoying all the benefits of this great community. We'd buy here again in a heartbeat!
- New o.(Resident/Homeowner)|March 12, 2015We moved in a month ago in a resell home & love it here. The community is convenient to everything. There is plenty to do with the planned activities. Something for everyone. We've met many of our neighbors already and everyone is friendly & helpful.
- Unhappy r.(Resident/Homeowner)|January 23, 2015Very unhappy here. Worst decision of my life. Maintenance fees go up every year with no cap, cannot refinance(banks will not finance here), cannot use any veterans benefits here, homeowners ins goes up every year because of this development, was promised an outdoor pool two years ago and not being done. If you write to the owners, they do not answer. STAY AWAY.
- NewInTown (Resident/Homeowner)|June 28, 2014Moved into a resell home recently and am loving it!! So much to do, so many wonderful neighbors, and activities galore. The clubhouse is beautiful and well maintained. Our activities director, keeps us busy and plans many fun and thoughtful events. I would heartily recommend Lakeside Crossing to anyone seeking a wonderful 55+ community.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 3, 2013Lakeside Crossing is a very affordable neighborhood. Taking into consideration all the nice amenities and social activities, the homes here are a great value. I've made a lot of great friends and I enjoy the activities very much.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Lakeside Crossing. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Lakeside Crossing has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.