NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 07, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2017 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BD93NC. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Active adults and retirees who enjoy visiting Washington D.C. may consider moving to the area. While the East Coast is not always the first place that comes to mind when thinking about retirement, there are over a dozen active adult communities in the Washington D.C. area.
More than just a tourist destination, lifestyle communities in the Virginia area are a great option for today s Baby Boomers who are still working but looking to downsize in a 55+ community in the D.C. metro area. It s also a great option for those who have retired and want to remain near family and friends, without limiting their options to the stereotypical retirement states far away. Whether looking to live in a neighborhood with 1,800 homes or a charming low-maintenance condo building with less than 100 homes, you ll be sure to find an age-restricted community in the Washington D.C. area that suites your needs.
Climate & Geography
The Washington D.C. metro area is the seventh largest metropolitan area in the nation. Surrounded by Interstate 495, the area includes parts of Maryland and Virginia. Major cities include Washington D.C., Arlington, Reston, and Alexandria in Virginia. In Maryland, cities include Bethesda, Frederick, Gaithersburg, Rockville, and Silver Spring.
Situated in the mid-Atlantic region of the East Coast, active retirement communities in the D.C. area experience a four-season climate. Typical of an East Coast climate, winters are cold with average temperatures around 38 degrees Fahrenheit and average snowfall of 15.5 inches. Spring and fall are warm and comfortable while summers can be hot and humid. Thunderstorms are common during the summer months due to the high heat and humidity while blizzards hit the area once every four to six years, on average.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
As the capital of the United States, there is an endless array of museums, memorials, and national landmarks to visit throughout the year. A visit to Washington D.C. is often centered on the National Mall. This area, between the Capitol building and the Washington Monument, contains most of the Smithsonian museums including the Air and Space Museum, Natural History Museum, and American History Museum.
D.C. s famous monuments are located just west of the National Mall, beginning with the Washington Monument. The World War II and Lincoln Memorials are in line with the Washington Monument, the Vietnam and Korean War Memorials are just north of the Lincoln Memorial, and the Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Jefferson Memorials are located along the Tidal Basin.
A bit north of Washington D.C., Arlington National Cemetery is just across Memorial Bridge. Here you can pay tribute to fallen soldiers and visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier to watch the changing of the guard. Living in an active adult community near Washington D.C. makes it easy to tour Mount Vernon, George Washington s home, or visit Old Town Alexandria, a historic district of quaint shops and restaurants. Whether looking for festivals, concerts, theaters, or art galleries, there is plenty to do throughout Washington D.C. year-round.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Recently, the Washington D.C. metro area has been named the highest-income metropolitan area in the nation, rising above the San Francisco Bay area. The median household income is $72,800 and it includes two of the highest median household income counties in the United States, Loudoun and Fairfax counties. That being said, the area has a cost of living index higher than the national average.
Listed at the second-highest rate in the nation, over 90% of residents within the D.C. area are covered by health insurance. Residents of the Washington D.C. area are typically healthier than the national average with high average fitness levels and healthy eating habits due to the availability of healthcare facilities and many recreation centers. Home to plenty of top research facilities; those who live in D.C. 55+ communities are near 56 hospitals. Of those, 21 have been listed as top ranking. Inova Fairfax Hospital, MedStar Washington Hospital Center, and MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital have been ranked nationally.
Share this page with friends and family!