NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 07, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2017 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BD93NC. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Phoenix, Arizona is one of the most popular retirement destinations in the country. In fact, Phoenix is home to the country s first 55+ active adult community. Sun City northwest of Phoenix opened its doors for sales on January 1, 1960 and experienced outstanding success. Since then, active retirement communities in Phoenix have come a long way. The warm weather, abundant sunshine and low cost of living has attracted 55 and older retirees from all parts of the country and around the world. As a result, the number of Phoenix active adult communities has grown tremendously in recent decades.
Homes and amenities are certainly popular attractions for many 55 and over residents, but the real draw to Phoenix active retirement communities is the lifestyle. Most of the active adult communities in Phoenix, Arizona include an exciting lineup of clubs, activities and events that cater to older adults. There are clubs and interest groups in everything from sports and fitness to cards and crafts. Plus, a never-ending lineup of social activity will leave you wondering where all your time went. Regardless of your passions or interests in life, you will certainly find other like-minded residents at one of the many Phoenix 55+ active adult retirement communities who share your zest for living life to the fullest.
Climate & Geography
Phoenix is located in the south-central part of Arizona between Tucson and Flagstaff. The metropolitan area is known as the Valley of Sun and the city itself is made up of 15 urban villages. With a subtropical desert climate, Phoenix has hot summers and warm winters with an average of over 330 days of sunshine. Typical of the Sonoran Desert, where Phoenix lies, precipitation is light throughout the most of the year.
Most of the Phoenix, Arizona active adult and retirement communities are actually spread in the outlying suburbs in places like Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Surprise, Sun City, Goodyear, Buckeye and elsewhere. Since the original Sun City community started over half a century ago, there have been several dozen large-scale active adult communities in Phoenix, Arizona and its surrounding suburbs. In addition to the larger active adult communities there are many intimate age-restricted retirement communities in Phoenix, Arizona. In fact, there are over 100,000 households in 55+ age-restricted retirement communities in Phoenix, Arizona.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
If golf is your game, a Phoenix active adult golf course community might suit you best. Nearly every active adult community in Phoenix includes a golf course and many of the communities include several or more courses. In fact, Sun City, the largest active adult retirement community in Phoenix, includes 11 golf courses.
There are many opportunities to experience fine arts and culture with many venues throughout the Phoenix Area. The Phoenix Symphony Hall is home to the Arizona Opera, Ballet Arizona, and Phoenix Symphony Orchestra. There are dozens of museums throughout the valley including the Phoenix Art Museum, Arizona Capitol Museum, Arizona Military Museum, Arizona Science Center, and Heard Museum.
There are a large number of parks and recreation areas. The city alone has 189 parks that make up 33,000 acres with facilities for hiking, camping, swimming, climbing, cycling, and horseback riding. The Desert Botanical Garden and Phoenix Zoo are popular outdoor attractions.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Phoenix s cost of living is 1.5% above the national average. The median household income in $52,589 and median home price is $147,800. The homes in Phoenix 55-plus communities are applauded for their affordability, low maintenance and single level living. Whether you prefer a small one bedroom villa or an elegant estate home with golf course views, you will surely find a comfortable place to call home at one of the retirement communities in Phoenix, AZ. Buyers will find homes priced from under $100,000 to over $1 million and everywhere in between at Phoenix active retirement communities.
The Phoenix metropolitan area is services by 56 hospitals. Some of the top-ranked facilities include Mayo Clinic, St. Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, John C. Lincoln North Mountain Hospital, Arizona Heart Institute, Banner Health, and Barrow Neurological Institute.
Share this page with friends and family!