- Price Range
- High $100s - High $300s
- Home Types
- Single Family
- Number of Homes
- New And Resale Homes
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2003 - Present
- Meritage Homes
- 53 reviews
Mission Royale Overview
Mission Royale in Casa Grande, Arizona is an active adult community by Meritage Homes ideally situated adjacent to I-10 between Phoenix and Tucson. This golf course community is filled with attractive amenities and surrounded by great shopping and dining outlets
Casa Grande is a progressive community rich in history and rural heritage that retains a small-town charm. It is well known for it recent commercial and residential growth and has emerged as one of the premier shopping destinations along the Phoenix-Tucson corridor.
Mission Royale Amenities
Mission Royale is an age-restricted neighborhood adjacent to a larger all-ages community. Residents of the 1,292-home active adult portion enjoy a private 15,000 square-foot clubhouse and amenity center exclusively reserved for 55+ aged residents. There are a number of great amenities in Mission Royale including two outdoor pools, state-of-the-art fitness center, restaurant, walking and biking trails, hobby rooms, pickleball and tennis courts.
The magnificent 18-hole Mission Royale Golf Club winds throughout the community and provides an exciting round of golf for both beginners and experts.
Mission Royale Homes & Real Estate
There are a variety of single family homes offered at Mission Royale including seven exciting new floor plans recently introduced by Meritage Homes. Buyers can select from new and resale homes that range in size from approximately 1,100 to over 2,200 square feet. The thoughtfully designed floor plans include expansive great rooms, covered patios, 2-car garages and a minimum of 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. These homes also offer solar power as an option for residents who want to save on their electricity bill.
Mission Royale Lifestyle
A variety of exciting clubs and interest groups provide residents of Mission Royale the opportunity to live a socially active lifestyle filled with like-minded neighbors and new friends who share in similar passions. Homeowners gather on a regular basis to meet for clubs that range from crafts, sports, and arts. Some popular clubs include bunco, hiking, table tennis, fishing, beading, and more.
Mission Royale is situated 52 miles south of Phoenix and 67 miles north of downtown Tucson. Casa Grande has quickly emerged as a popular destination for retirees because of its great location away from the congestion of Phoenix and Tucson. Yet, within an hour drive, residents can enjoy the many scenic and cultural attractions of Arizona's two largest cities. Mission Royale in Casa Grande is a great option for active adults looking for a vibrant lifestyle in Central Arizona.
Mission Royale Amenities
Here are the amenities you will find throughout Mission Royale:
- Clubhouse - 15,000 Sq. Ft.
- Hobby & Game Room
- Computer Lab
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Aerobics Studio
- 2 Outdoor Pools & Spa
- 4 Tennis Courts
- Pickleball Courts
- Walking & Biking Trails
Mission Royale Golf Club
Homeowners an choose from a twelve, six, or three-month pass to tee up an unlimited number of times at the Mission Royale Golf Club.
- Mission Royale Golf Course - 18 Holes
Mission Royale Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Mission Royale. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Ballroom Dancing
- Billiard League
- Book Club
- Fishing Group
- Fun & Fit
- Hiking Group
- Java Time
- Ladies PoKeNo
- Line Dancing
- Mah Jongg
- Movie Night
- Pegs and Jokers
- Quilting 101
- Rough Writers
- RV Club
- Silverware Beading Class
- Social Bridge
- Social Tennis
- Table Tennis
- Water Aerobics
- Water Volleyball
- Wisconsin Social Group
1st Model Collection
Price Range: High $100s - High $300s
The first model collection by Meritage was built between 2004 and 2008. These elegant single-family homes are now available as resale homes only. Exterior options included stucco and stone facades and homes were built on 50' and 65' homesites. All these homes offer the option of solar power to give residents the option to save on the electricity bill.View Floorplans
2nd Model Collection
Price Range: Mid $100s - Low $300s
The 2nd Model Collection was introduced in 2009. It includes seven floor plan options. The first four options are built on 50' wide homesites and the last three options in the collection are on 65' homesites. All these homes offer the option of solar power to give residents the option to save on the electricity bill.View Floorplans
3rd Model Collection
Price Range: High $100s - Mid $200s
The 3rd model collection built by Meritage offers 10 unique floor plans. These floor plans vary from two to three bedrooms, two to two-and-a-half baths, and attached two to two-and-a-half car garages. Most floor plans also offer a den for additional space. All these homes offer the option of solar power to give residents the option to save on the electricity bill.View Floorplans
Mission Royale Reviews
- Tomj B.|April 15, 2018Congrats to Harry the golf course is looking great 👍
- Robert W.|April 6, 2018Been golfing here last 3 years. The improvements this year on the golf course and in the club house have been amazing. The course is so much greener then last year. I've really enjoyed it this year. I haven't even gone to another course like I did last year.
- Jean W.|April 5, 2018We have recently moved to Missiom Royale and are very happy with our home and the development. The people in our neighborhood are very friendly and helpful. This winter we have begun to use the golf course more often and are very exited about the new ownership and improvements. The course is well maintained and super green! We are looking forward to using it more in the years to come. We would recommend this development to anyone who is searching for a place to enjoy their retirement.
- Robert T.|April 4, 20184 star community. Except for the golf course. If you are a golfer move on. Thecourse is in terrible condition
- Mike L.|April 3, 2018We love our home in Mission Royale. Our HOA organization helps our owners by ensuring homes and property are managed, kept clean and standards met. Our golf course is under new ownership and management and we are experiencing improvements to the course along with other improvements being planned for the off season. It is unfortunate that the course was allowed to deteriorate through mismanagement and disregard for this facility. However, we are encouraged by the new ownership and look forward to a vastly improved course. The pro shop has improved so much we hardly recognize the place with new product lines and pleasant staff. As owners we consider ourselves ambassadors of Mission Royale; encourage people to buy here, play the course and support the area.
- Darla L.|April 3, 2018Living in Mission Royale has been a great move for us. Friendly neighbors and a peaceful existence.
Our golf course is under new ownership after the previous owner nearly destroyed it. So, lots of work needs done. The new owner is interested in working with our community to give us back a course we can be proud of. He is doing a fantastic job despite the conditions he had to work with. We are enjoying the improvements we already experience and the visual changes to the grounds.
- Elmer O.|April 3, 2018Since moving to Mission Royale, I have seen many improvements in the golf course. The new owners have made many improvements and continue to do so daily. The grass is greener than ever. I have a home on the golf course. Every morning I see the crew out there mowing and maintaining it.
- Joel F.|April 3, 2018This was our first season down at Mission Royale. I'm not much of a golfer and only played the course a few times. George was very helpful and courteous. Felt the greens and fairways were in good condition for a desert terrain. Driving range could be better marked as far as the distances. It seems like the new owners are making an effort to make improvements from the previous owners.
- Kaye (Resident/Homeowner)|August 2, 2017Mission Royale offers us everything we need in an Active Adult community and it's still affordable! Close to everything we need on a regular basis you can walk, ride your bicycle or take your golf cart to Sam's Club, Walgreens, Promenade Mall plus we have easy access to the freeway for a quick trip to Chandler, Phoenix , Tucson or anywhere else to AZ. We really we don't go into the city very often as everything we need is here in town. The people in Mission are extremely friendly and down to earth! We have made so many great friends here in a short time. We love that it's not a huge complex so you get to know more of your neighbors! Very FUN place to live! Don't let the negative comments of a few on this site keep you from checking out our community. Come see for yourself why so many of us chose Mission and why we LOVE it!
- Eileen (Resident/Homeowner)|August 1, 2017Moving to Mission Royale has been the best move I've every made. It harkens back to my childhood where neighbors were outside, enjoying activities. A true sense of community. All of the neighbors have been extremely friendly, stopping to talk. People here have time to get to know you.
I wish I would have made the move a long time ago.
- Ryan and Joleen (Resident/Homeowner)|August 1, 2017We are beyond happy and very excited to be a part of this community. We find everyone so so friendly. We came to visit relatives , and just fell I love with Mission a Royale. We enjoy taking part in the activities that offered, my husband likes the golfing
The location of Mission Royale, is nice and close to Phoenix , which we like. We are so looking forward to getting back down and meeting our new neighbours and settling in.
- Eric and Kitty (Resident/Homeowner)|July 30, 2017We have lived in this community for 5 years on a little over 6 months per year basis. We decided to sell our summer home and our home here and build a new home in Mission Royale. We like the community, the ease of visiting Phoenix and Tucson without having to live in those cities.and the convenience of everything we need in this area.We are happy to be living here year round now.
- Satisfied H.(Resident/Homeowner)|July 30, 2017I am as happy as a clam. I moved to AZ for the weather only to find Mission Royale after living in the area for 9 years. There is plenty of bang for the buck in the community. If you just want the quiet life it is here. Friendly insane neighbors that are a hoot!! Where I lived previously, you had to go out of your way to meet your neighbors. NOT here. If you are into activities, it is up to you to get engaged. No pressure. Well built homes at moderate prices that are efficient. Frannie goes out of her way to see that your needs are addressed. For those who need to be active this place has most of what you desire.
- David and Linda Longo |January 27, 2017We are not permanent residents yet, we are in the process of building our home. We presently live in AZ and decided it was time to downsize due to all our children moving on. So we drove around checked out other locations and came upon Mission Royale, it is a small community, the residents that were walking by while we were looking at the area were very gracious to us when asked how they liked Mission Royale.. The amenties we found to be great for the size of this community, the clubhouse is perfect has in our opinion enough meeting rooms, the workout center is better then the YMCA we are presently are enrolled in. We are looking forward to our move. We do not have any intentions to retiring for another 5 years; but we decided this is where we wanted to be when we do. We relocated from Illinois to AZ 20 years ago and have never looked back.
- Golfing Snow Bird (Resident/Homeowner)|April 10, 2015The previous two comments hit it on the head. This is a great place to live with great residents, but if you are looking for a community for golf, I would look elsewhere. The private owners of the golf course have no loyalty to Mission residents and go the other way. They cater to the RV Park groups and so called cash customers for tee times and discounted rates. The owners are allowing outside groups to book large blocks of times for the season, but will not allow residents to book the same.
- Golf Course Blues (Resident/Homeowner)|March 25, 2015Love this community. Have been here seven years.
Golfing used to be a lot of fun until Meritage hung us out to dry by selling the golf course to private owners who treat golf membership holders like crap.
New owners want to get rid of memberships and could not care less about the community they are in.
If you are a golfer I strongly suggest you look elsewhere for a house.
- Lotta B.(Resident/Homeowner)|March 19, 2015The Mission Royale Community is a very great place to live. The small clubhouse and amenities in that area are a drawback but can be overcome by the wonderful people who live here. We have more "at home" get together's with friends than at the clubhouse.
The major drawback is the golf course. If you are looking for a place to buy to play golf, this is not for you. The private owners do not want or care if Mission residents play here. If you buy a 6 month or yearly pass, the owners no longer have any interest in your business. They cater to local RV parks who they consider to be cash customers because they do not have passes. They even give these people lower group rates than our own men's and women's leagues.
In short, great place as long as you don't play much golf. Or at least until the course gets new owners.
- Joe & Bev (Resident/Homeowner)|February 25, 2015My husband & I moved in about 8 months ago & love it here. Our home is beautiful & the people are very friendly. You can be as active or inactive as you want to be. There are plenty of activities for anyone who wants to be involved & be kept busy. We are close to everything, restaurants, entertainment & plenty of shopping. Like a lot of people, we looked at the other communities. This community is smaller than some which we personally prefer. The staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful. I notice the only "negative" reviews were left by homeowners who declined to leave their names. No matter where you live, there will always be "something" you don't agree with, that's life. We would recommend our community to anyone & we consider ourselves very blessed & fortunate to call this our home!
- Not for youngat heart retirees (Resident/Homeowner)|February 21, 2015Active 55 community.
Everyone has their own point of view and opinion.
If you are at an age where sitting in your home watching T.V. and listening to your heat;ac pump run 12 months a year then, as others have said, Mission Royale is the place to be.
If you are a young, or young at heart retiree who wants to stay active, there are definitely better Active Adult altenatives in the Casa Grande area.
Baseball, for example at Robson and Palm Creek.
Arts and crafts - again Mission Royale is not in the same league.
As with most things in life, you get what you pay for. Current strata fees at Mission Royale are less than - while the HOA is under developer control - others offering MUCH more. HOA fees at build out, as with most things in life, are an unknown.
As for pickleball, it is and will always be viewed as Crisis what crisis for many - including the HOA. Meritage has zero plans to add more courts. So, if you are a young a heart retiree, please know that this addictive game is a ton of fun for everyone; is a very nice way to meet very nice people; and it is a FACT that people have been sent home because too many are showing up, or there are many spares.
It's your money - spend it wisely.
- Nestor M.(Resident/Homeowner)|February 19, 2015When my wife and I decided to retire in 2012 we decided to build our new dream home in Mission Royale.
That fall we moved here as full time residents in spite of the expected hot summers which we experienced now twice in 2013 & 2014. Hot it was of course but bearable. After spending more than 40 years in Illinois
with its harsh winters, this is a cake walk.
The size of the community is just right for us.
We do not have a problem with the size of the recreation centers, the number of pickleball or tennis courts. As of now, they are just right for the number of participants. Bearing in mind how few residents stay here the full year. About 60 percent go back up north.
We say we have the community all for ourselves.
Of course the HOA is run by the developer as it is in most similar communities but only until all lots are sold. Residents are represented in decision making now.
Shopping is very accessible locally which include Sams Club practically next door, the Promenade Mall right across the street, Walgreens, many restaurants even Walmart within 3 miles.
We have no regrets and have nothing negative to say about Mission Royale.
- renter considering to purchase (Resident/Homeowner)|February 18, 2015As a renter here at Mission Royale considering a purchase in the future it should be known what is happening or actually not happening re: pickleball. Taking up this sport has been great and there are lots of others doing it as well and therein lies the problem. The number of courts are too few and inadequate to handle the numbers here at Mission Royale. This sport has taken off which is evident by the participants and what other 55+ communities are doing. Robson has certainly expanded their courts and even 2 RV parks here at Casa Grande, Sundance and Fiesta Grande recently put in pickleball courts due to the demand, both present and future. It would seem that Meritage is short sighted in their plans.
Because of the amount of pickleball we like to play, we will not consider purchasing here at Mission Royale and other potential buyers should be aware of the acute shortage there is so they may make an informed decision and not regret their decision down the road.
I would also suggest that when the community is at its fullest, residents are going to find the community center and its amenities too small as well. As they say, buyer beware!
- Not a place for pickleball players (Resident/Homeowner)|January 7, 2015Agree with previous reviewer that Meritage is not listening to concerns from Mission Royale residents in regards to how undersized the club house and pickleball courts will be at build out.
The HOA is still totally controlled by Meritage, and it will be until build out is reached. Having the developer control the HOA is NOT a desireable situation. The HOA BOD continues to turn it's back on the Pickleball club's continuing proactive efforts to work with them in regards to the desire(need) to have a medium term plan to expand the courts. This group would like to partner (as in pay for parts of the expansion through ongoing fund raising) with developer to build more courts. The HOA's BOD continues to totally ignore, be unresponsive, to these efforts.
Forbes.com reports the founder and current CEO of Meritage Homes, Steven Hilton, raked in $7.25 million in salary in 2013. Obviously Mr. Hilton is in business to sell houses; not to meet the needs of those who want to make that house their home. Another MEGACORP who has forgotten that us little people pay his salary?
Robson Ranch, nearby in Eloy, recently increased their number of pickleball courts to 22; we have SIX. Robson also added a 25,000 sq.ft. addition to their already generously sized clubhouse. Palm Creek (an RV + Park Model prototype in Casa Grande) has 24 pickleball courts and many more clubhouse activities than Mission Royale.
It is VERY disappointing to show up to peak period Pickleball league play and have to stand around with as many as 16 people waiting to play. Mission Royale could immediately support 12 courts; at build out double this number should be in place.
And, agree that the community center is too small.
All of these problems presenting themselves at 75 percent of build out. Due to the demonstrated evidence that the developer just wants to sell homes to make money, things will only get worse for residents wanting to play Pickleball, the fastest growing sport in the world today.
- Hacker in Paradise (Resident/Homeowner)|September 29, 2014Looking forward to our third winter, as Snowbirds from Canada. We spend the maximum number of days that we can in our home there each year.
Location; 50 minutes to from Sky Harbor. 55 minutes to Tucson. Unlimited golf, shopping, events available within this corridor;
Location; small, slow paced, community of 50,000 (vs. 5 million in greater Phoenix) makes it easy to get around, even by bicycle. Community continually growing so it is easy to meet other new people.
Location; walking distance to Promenade Mall, which pretty much offers everything you need. Under 15 minute drive to most major grocery stores.
The bad; small club house community center that will become even smaller as community builds out to 1200 projected homes. Community facilities pale in comparison to many other area adult housing communities in terms of activities, pickle ball and tennis courts. Appears to be no future plans to increase or add more at build out(?).
The ugly; current golf course owner-operators leave much to be desired. Very difficult for pass holders to book tee times. Owners have and are totally disconnected from the community. Most of us have ceased buying season's pass and are playing golf elsewhere. Hopefully it will only be a matter of time until current owners move on(?).
- Bill & Cindy Wall (Resident/Homeowner)|June 30, 2014We bought a home in the Mission Royale area approximately 2 years ago knowing that this is where we wanted to retire some day. We are currently "snowbirds" and spend much of the summer in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The winters will definitely be spent in Arizona. No more shoveling snow for me. We chose Mission Royale over a number of other retirement communities because of its location and size. We didn't want to be in or near a major metropolitan area but close enought that we could make frequent trips if desired. Mission Royale is PERFECT because it has everything one would need within a reasonable distance. I have told many friends about this community and encouraged them to consider it when they decide to retire.
- Alan and Marge Helfrich (Resident/Homeowner)|June 10, 2013We moved into our new home in Mission Royale about 2 months ago. We pretty much looked at all of the active adult communities in the valley area before deciding on Mission Royale. The other smaller communities seemed far away from shopping, medical etc and the larger communities seemed just too large. Mission Royale is a smaller, friendly community with all the amenities of the large communities and is close to shopping, medical etc. The mall, Walgreens and a future Sam's Club are all within golf cart distance from any home in Mission Royale. We sure don't miss the valley traffic. The sales and construction staff are all great which made the buying experience easy.
- Bill and Nancy (Resident/Homeowner)|June 2, 2013When we left Arizona 40 years ago to move to New York we always planned to return to Nancy's hometown of Casa Grande, Arizona. We just didn't know at that time that a lovely active adult community, Mission Royale, just 10 years old, would be located there to retire to. It was quite nice to discover a place where we could enjoy the scenic views of the golf course as well as the desert and mountains out our patio door. Mission Royale provides the activities we were already involved in -- golf and tennis plus the bonus of pickle ball courts, two swimming pools, and a full fitness and recreation center including miscellaneous activities geared for active adults. Our sales representative who handled our purchase at Mission Royale couldn't have been more helpful and very thorough in her guidance thru the paperwork involved with our purchase. She has provided pictures of the progress of the building of our home from day one. Locally, a large shopping center including a cinema and restaurants is nearby supplementing the businesses of Casa Grande. A growing junior college, Central Arizona College, is nearby and offers its own variety of cultural events too. By the way, Casa Grande is located between Phoenix and Tucson, a hour's drive in either direction for even more shopping, entertainment and cultural events. We are very excited about being homeowners in this lovely community that 40 years ago was just a small rural cotton-growing community.
- Bill & Nancy (Resident/Homeowner)|June 2, 2013We recently purchased a home in Mission Royale located in Casa Grande with the help of our sales associate with Meritage Homes. She was our first contact in selecting this home and could not have been more helpful and informative in our decision to purchased a second home in the beautiful weather that Arizona offers. The decision to purchase in Casa Grande was a very personal one since Nancy was born and raised, in what at that time was a very small, rural community located between Phoenix and Tucson. Of course, it was over 40 years ago that she left when we married and moved to New York, but we always knew we would retire to Arizona eventually. We were pleasantly surprised to find Mission Royale, and discover what this active adult community had to offer. We purchased a lot and are presently building a home right on the golf course with beautiful desert and mountain views which appealed to us. A large club house is provided with two swimming pools, tennis courts, pickle ball courts, and many extra activities for active adults. Locally, a large shopping mall, including cinema and restaurants is located nearby. We also have the option of traveling to both Phoenix and Tucson for a variety of shopping, entertainment, and cultural events.
- Sheila G.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 31, 2013We had a home built and were so pleased with the entire process. Our sales associate was so friendly making us feel like a part of the community from the very beginning. Keeping us updated on the progress of our home on a weekly basis and answering any questions we had along the way, and was always available to us. All building dates were met as promised and everyone we were involved with had a friendly, professional attitude and made us feel that our satisfaction was very important to them. We would and have recommended this community and everyone involved to friends and associates.
- Phil J.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 28, 2013Living at Mission Royale is a special privilege. Aside from the nice neighbors there is a lot of stores, a hospital and just everything one want within a "stone's throw". The amenities are terrific and the staff is wonderful. I cannot say enough the would really explain how much my wife and I enjoy living there.
- Francine M. Ferry |May 28, 2013We bought our home in Mission Royale 3 years ago. Our salesperson was so wonderful. She was one of the things that sold us on this community. She sent pictures of the building of our home and was there for us every step of the way. The home was just as great as they told us it would be. The golf course is nice,
the water aerobics are wonderful.
- Jan and Stan (Resident/Homeowner)|May 28, 2013This is a great place to live. We have lived here for 7 years now..3 years as a snowbird and 4 plus years as a permanent resident. You could not ask for more in a community. We have wonderful friends, lots of activities to keep us as busy as we wnat to be. Shopping and medical facilities are all within a mile. Cultural events at the college are close as well as Phoenix and Tucson being under an hour away. We built our second home here and were very pleased with the attentiveness of the sales staff and construction crews. We have never regretted the choice we made to move here.
- Turid and Ralph Nelson (Resident/Homeowner)|May 28, 2013We are snowbirds from Canada. Three, four years ago we made several trips to Phoenix to shop for a retirement community in the area. We will never forget the day we drove in to Mission Royal, discouraged from having hunted for the perfect home in the perfect community for so long. As we were driving along the streets we observed so many people "out and about",in their front yards, chatting with their neighbors or just walking by. The birds were chirping - it felt so great. We both looked at each other and knew that this was "it". Not finding a home on the market we opted for building our own. Never have we met with a more remarkable sales staff who followed us (and took pictures) from the first stake in the ground to completion. The entire building process was painless. We are so happy with our home, our street, our neighbors, the community with all its amenities and activities - and the location so close to Casa Grande.
- Gloria S.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 27, 2013We enjoy the proximity to Phoenix with out being in the traffic and life of the city. People in our community are friendly and have similar interests to us.
Facilities and activities are all that we could ask for and diverse enough for all interests..
We feel our snowbird lifestyle is enjoyable at Mission Royale and look forward to retuning each year.
- james c.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 27, 2013This is our second purchase of a home in Mission Royale we just love this community. The sales staff and construction people have just been wonderful to work with. Answered all our questions and solved any problems in a timely manner.
- Gerry & Ann Eller (Resident/Homeowner)|May 27, 2013We have 'wintered' in Casa Grande since 1999 and this was our first year at Mission Royale. We watched with interest as Mission Royale came into being. When the luster of RV life diminished, the only choice was when. We have been here one year and it is more than we expected. One of the highlights of this process was dealing with Meritage people. The sales staff were excellent, very knowledgable & helpful but not overbearing. The post construction attention to little those 'little' things that come with a new house has been excellent. Put that with the amenities of Mission Royale and it makes for great winter living.
- Ron & Bobbie Perrin (Resident/Homeowner)|May 26, 2013We purchased our home in Mission Royale a year and a half ago and the process could not have been easier. The sales and construction people were great and it was the easiest process I have ever had buying a home.
We chose Mission after looking at 5 other adult communities because of it's proximity to shopping, restaurants and easy life style. We are very happy we bought here and would do it again.
- Kelly and Melanie Boyd (Resident/Homeowner)|May 25, 2013Where to start on what a great place to have a retirement home. First off, the City of Casa Grande. Small enough to get around,60,000 with snowbirds, but has everything you would want. Home Depot, Lowes for the guys. JC Penny, Dillards, Target, Kohl's, a 14 theatre complex, and a lot more shopping and restaurants right across the street. Thirty minutes to Chandler, and hour to Tucson, four and a half to Palm Springs. Great for when company comes down as there is lots to see and do within an hours drive like Saguaro National Park, the Desert Museum and much more.
Mission Royale is the perfect sized community, when completed will have around 1200 homes. We have a beautiful clubhouse, exercise area and pools. There is a great golf course right in side and if you love golf there are 4 or 5 more good ones within a half hour drive. And good rates, a lot less than Chandler,Gilbert and tons less than Scottsdale.
The folks at Meritage were a dream to work with. Our saleslady was, and is, spectacular. We are Canadians and were not in Casa Grande during construction. She sent us pictures almost daily as we watched our home progress. The construction manager was also great, helpful in every way. Our home is well built and we love the low power bills in the summer. Meritage gives you many plans to consider and once you make your selection they make it real easy to work on your design. Their team of design experts were fun to deal with, we really got a sense that everyone was there to make sure you were happy, both before and after the sale.
What's holding you back. Come in meet the friendliest neighbors around!
- Charles and Shirley (Resident/Homeowner)|May 25, 2013We did not think of buying a home in Arizona, but one day we were heading to a RV show at the Mall to pick out a new 5th wheel. I also wanted to view the new model homes in Mission Royale at that time. We went to the model homes first,toured them, loved all of them and the next thing I knew we were having one built. My husband and I were very impressed with the layout of all the models and the sales associate.
The construction process went very smoothly, as we were out of the country during that time. The foreman was very easy to deal with and looked after any concerns immediately. Our sales associate was wonderful and tended to the paperwork in a very knowledgeable and professional manner. We also appreciated our sales associate sending us pictures of different stages of construction and keeping us up-to-date on the progress of the build. After the closing date the construction foreman looked after any concerns we had regarding, minimal and minute repairs that we needed to have tended to.
Having a subdivision with activities, pool, golf course, etc. sold us on Mission Royale and it is so easy to meet people from different backgrounds and communities. If you've ever had concerns as to what you might do after you retire, Mission Royale is the place to be. You will never be bored.
Mission Royal is "luxury" at a "very reasonable price".
WE LOVE IT!
- Lorna M.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 24, 2013We moved from a winter park model home to Mission Royale in order to own our property. The sales person is the nicest, most helpful facilitator I have ever dealt with. This agent goes the extra mile to make you happy, even after the sale is completed. The project manager is prompt and efficient. I love the exercise facilities and the dance, arobics, weight classes are great. Everyone is so friendly. The golf course is superb, particularly the challenging large greens. I have particularly enjoyed being so close to restaurants, shops and movie theatre; all within walking distance. Nice not to have to fight traffic in Casa Grande, but, when you need the "big city fix" Phoenix, Chandler and Tuscon are within an hour's drive. We have wintered in Casa Grande for 10 years and hope to have many more at Mission Royale.
- Margaret s.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 24, 2013We built in Mission Royale and the experience exceeded our expectations. The sales team and construction manager could not do enough to assist us. We love the location and the amenities in Mission Royale. A beautiful 18 hole golf course, pickle ball, state of art gym, pools and many more activities await us. The location was important to us as we are close to shopping, medical facilities and fine dining. So happy we found this gem in the desert.
- John and Marcia Dampf (Resident/Homeowner)|May 24, 2013We chose Mission Royale 5 years ago. The community is friendly and convenient to shopping and medical care. After 5 years we have decided to build a larger home here. With the construction of both of our homes we have found the process to be organized and more simple than homes we had custom built in the past before we retired. We would highly recommend Mission Royale 55 Communities. We hope the CCR's will continue to be enforced as they were when we first moved here as that is one of the reasons we chose an active adult community.
- Frank L.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 24, 2013My wife and I spent 3 years looking at 55+ communities in Arizona. We rejected the Phoenix area because of the traffic and air pollution. We chose Mission Royale because of its close proximity to the Promanade shopping center, the good condition of the development, the home models that met our life style, the golf course, and the price of the homes. The golf course is the best course in the Casa Grande area. Also, we are only 30 minutes from the Phoenix area which has unlimited shopping including Costco and Sam's Club. The medical facilities are better in Casa Grande than in most small cities. Being close to Phoenix gives us access to world class medical facilities, shopping, and entertainment without having to live there.
- Judy G.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 24, 2013We have resided in Mission Royale for three years and I am grateful everyday that we made the decision to retire here.
I was in Georgia while my house was being built. I received pictures via email showing the progress of my house and these emails were almost daily. The sales staff was always available and addressed all of our concerns swiftly and accurately. We always had access to the construction foreman if we had any questions or concerns.
My husband and I have met so many wonderfully interesting people in this community. There are many activities to choose from. There are many physical activities, various game clubs and always some special event that gives one a great opportunity to socialize.
If I won the lottery, I don't think I could give up living amongst all the wonderful friends that have come into our lives.
- Bill G.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 24, 2013After reviewing other adult communities I selected Mission Royale because of the house construction, design and amenities. Mission Royale's amenities plus the close proximity of shopping and medical facilities were a key item in the decision.
I was also greatly impressed with the sales personnel in their desire to professionally aide me in every element of the purchase.
I continue to feel that selecting Mission Royale was the best decision.
- Liz S.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 24, 2013We purchased our home here a year ago and were thoroughly happy with that experience. The sales personnel and construction liaison were very helpful and kept us apprised of everything having to do with building our dream house. The community is friendly and there are lots of activities available for those who want to participate. I would reccommend this community to anyone looking for a great place to retire.
- Bob & Barbara (Resident/Homeowner)|May 24, 2013After checking out many active adult communities, we purchased in Mission Royale. We felt it was the best fit for us because of the location of the community being near shopping, restaurants, entertainment and a regional medical facility.
We have found the residents very welcoming and friendly. We look forward to enjoying the many activities the community has to offer.
Most of all, the assistance that was given, after the sale, was far beyond superior.
We definitely feel we made the right choice
- Inez C.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 24, 2013I love it here. The small town of Casa Grande and the community at Mission Royale are wonderful. Everyone here is friendly and the homes appear to be built for the heat of summer--I would take this over a winter in the mid-west any day! Sales reps and the construction supervisor have been very responsive and helpful to me. Great community with lots of ammenities to offer.
- Jean P.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 24, 2013We rented last year in Mission Royale to get a feel for the community and the people living there. We quickly knew after meeting residents and the really helpful sale staff that this was a place we would love.
We spent a couple years before this, looking at the other communities in the area, and realized for us Midwesterners from Iowa, this was the place for us.
The purchasing and building process was flawless thanks to the ongoing support from the sales person and the supervisor for our home. There are many activities available for just about anyone. Its a great neighborhood to live in!
- Frannie M.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 23, 2013I have sold homes in Mission Royale for almost six years now so I can really attest to what AWESOME people live in the community. I lived on site for three years before purchasing a home myself here and couldn't be happier with my home, the community, my neighbors and the quality of construction that Meritage Homes offers. One question that should always be asked when you are shopping for a home is "Do you live in the community"? For most the answer will be no. For me it's a big "YES". I could have purchased a home at any of the other AA sites but chose Mission for many reasons. Again the group of people here are A+! You won't find a more warm, friendly, welcoming community. The location is perfect! Everything you'll need is within seconds or minutes of you. You can walk, drive or better yet take your golf cart to shopping, restaurants or the movies. I am an AZ native and have lived in many areas across Arizona over the years. I don't miss anything that the larger cities have to offer. Casa Grande has everything you need. Mission Royale also offers easy access to the I-10 so you can take a short drive into the Phoenix or Tucson areas if you need to. Lots of activities are going on all the time. There is something for everyone here!!
- Randee C.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 23, 2013We chose Mission Royale partially due to our fabulous sales agent whose energy, enthusiasm and immense knowledge really gave us some persective on what life would be like in Mission Royale. We like the homes, love to golf, and enjoy that we have quick access to shopping (Mall within blocks), and a movie theatre. Everyone one is real friendly and welcoming. Looking forward to spending more time and enjoying all the activities.
Another community in the area just didn't fit the bill and didn't seem to be as friendly and inviting.
- Mike L.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 23, 2013We purchased in Mission Royale, after spending some time in the area with friends, about 4 years ago. We love it! it was a great decision on our part and we wouldn't change a thing. The sales personnel helped us in every way possible and we now consider them friends. We enjoy all of the facilities and have purchased a golf membership every winter that we have been there. Being Canadians, we hate to leave to come back home for the summer and look forward to the day we can escape back to Arizona and our home in Mission Royale. After 4 years, we have met more people and enjoy more activities and social events than anywhere else. It seems that everyone we meet is there for the same reason we are...to enjoy life, stay active and spend time with friends. We would, and do, recommend Mission Royale to everyone we meet.
- Al &.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 23, 2013Something we thought we would never do, buy in a planned community! This was our first winter in Mission Royale and we can't say enough good things. The activities are well planned and there are enough of them. The people, who are some of the finest you will find and the social activities are beyond our expectations.
An agent from their sales office, not really a sales person, but more like a facilitator, is the reason we bought our home, she took us through the whole process all the way up to helping us with our move and introducing us to other people in Mission.
Our rep from the Construction side of the house is very good and has checked in with us often to make sure everything in our new home is satisfactory.
Can't say enough, this is a great place.
Jan & Al Himmelman
- Skip H.(Resident/Homeowner)|April 17, 2013Mission Royale is an AWESOME community!! I moved into the community over 3 years ago and am so happy with my decision to purchase here. The location is the BEST available. Across the street from Promenade Mall we have shopping, restaurants and movie theaters within walking or golf cart distance. Easy access to the I-10 allows me to run into Tucson or Chandler, Gilbert, Phoenix. Everyone here is super friendly. It's a smaller community than the others I looked at with just under 1300 homes which I love as it has a real community feel. The golf course is great and there is lots to do!! You will love Mission Royale.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Mission Royale. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Mission Royale has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.