- Price Range
- Low $200s - Low $500s
- Home Types
- Single Family
- Number of Homes
- New And Resale Homes
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2006 - Present
- Del Webb
- 7 reviews
Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch Overview
Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch is a 55+ community in Florence, Arizona. This active adult community is situated southeast of the San Tan Mountains and 60 miles from Phoenix. Residents of the Sun City age-restricted neighborhood enjoy exclusive use of a private clubhouse plus access to the Merrill Ranch master plan amenities. The grounds of Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch are dotted with open spaces, gorgeous views and miles of walking and biking trails.
Homebuyers are attracted to Sun City Anthem at Merill Ranch's single-family homes and carefree lifestyle. Owning a low-maintenance home allows for more time to get to know your new neighbors. Several clubs, classes, and activities are offered throughout the year, providing many ways to keep busy both socially and physically. Homebuyers are sure to find their own slice of paradise within Sun City Anthem at Merill Ranch's welcoming Arizona community.
Sun City Anthem at Merill Ranch Amenities
Residents of Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch have a vast array of world-class amenities at their fingertips every day. Within the private Sun City active adult portion of Merrill Ranch, homeowners enjoy an immense 48,000 square-foot clubhouse featuring a state-of-the-art fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools, a restaurant and cyber cafe, ballroom and a variety of hobby and game rooms.
The immaculate 18-hole 7,300 yard Poston Butte Golf Course designed by Gary Panks and managed by Troon Golf winds throughout the community. Memorable par three holes featuring island greens, stacked stone walls and bunkers stretching from tee to green captivate players of all skill levels.
In addition to the usual tennis, bocce ball and horseshoe courts, Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch has the added benefit of being a part of the larger Merrill Ranch master plan. Some of Sun City's most active residents are regulars on the Merrill Ranch basketball courts, sand volleyball courts and rock climbing wall. Plus, the massive Merrill Ranch water park is a big hit when grandchildren visit.
Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch Homes & Real Estate
Sun City at Merrill Ranch offers 22 single-family floor plans that range in size from 1,100 to over 2,800 square feet. Buyers can choose from homes that offer courtyards, front porches, 2-car garages and casitas. The homes in Sun City Merrill Ranch are favored by people who want new or nearly new construction with the latest desirable upgrades and modern floor plans. Home buyers can select from both new construction and a small selection of resale homes. Construction of Sun City Anthem at Merill Ranch began in 2006 and up its completion, this active adult community will encompass about 3,800 homes. Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch Lifestyle
Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch has a full-time activities coordinator who is continually providing an exciting lineup of fun activities, classes and events to insure the homeowners enjoy a socially active and physically engaging lifestyle. Sun City is also committed to continuing education and has instituted an ASU Lifelong Learning Academy that provides residents the opportunity to partake in continuing education classes without leaving the community.
Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch is located in Florence, Arizona. Characterized by a quaint downtown and historic main street, Florence and the area around Sun City at Merrill Ranch is still fairly rural. Nonetheless, a number of everyday shopping conveniences are close to home and several large retail stores have set up around Florence. Larger shopping trips are a quick 30 mile drive to the northwest in Mesa, Gilbert and Chandler. Nearby state parks such as Lost Dutchman State Park, San Tan Mountain Regional Park and the Casa Grande Ruins are ideal places for hiking and outdoor enthusiasts.
Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch Amenities
Sun City residents enjoy exclusive use of a clubhouse and private amenities separate from Merrill Ranch master planned community. The Sun City amenities include:
- Union Center Clubhouse - 48,000 Sq. Ft.
- Restaurant & Cyber Cafe
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Indoor Lap Pool
- ASU Lifelong Learning Center
- Aerobics Studio
- Indoor Walking Track
- Spin Bike Studio
- Hobby & Game Room
- Ceramics Studio
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Card Room
- Computer Lab
- Demonstration Kitchen
- Walking & Biking Trails
- Resort-Style Pool & Spa
- 8 Lighted Tennis Courts
- 8 Pickleball Courts
- 4 Bocce Ball Courts
- Horseshoe Pits
- Putting Green
- Outdoor Amphitheater
Merrill Ranch Master Plan Amenities
The following amenities are located within the Merrill Ranch master planned community. These amenities are open to all residents of Merrill Ranch including Sun City residents.
- 18-Hole Poston Butte Golf Club
- Indoor Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Water Park
- Tennis Courts
- Softball & Baseball Fields
- Indoor & Outdoor Basketball Courts
- Sand Volleyball Courts
- Fishing Lake
- Playground for Grandkids
- Soccer Fields
- Skate Park
- Picnic Area
- Rock Climbing Wall
Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Biggest Losers Weight Loss
- Bocce Social Group
- Ceramics Club
- Circuit Training
- Complete Fitness
- Cooking Club
- Core Conditioning
- Cycling Group
- Gentle Yoga
- Get Your Walk On Walking
- Glass Fusion
- Gourmet Food Group
- Hand and Foot Time Games
- Hiking Club
- Investment Group
- Jewely Making
- Ladies Golf Group
- Ladies Nine Hole
- Ladies Putt and Pour
- Line Dancing
- Mah Jongg
- Men's Golf Group
- Mexican Train Tile Games
- Neighborhood Watch Group
- PickleBall Group
- Poker Club
- Pottery Group
- Red Hats
- Security Group
- Sip and Savor Wine Group
- Stained Glass/Mosaic Group
- Sun City Piece Makers Quilting
- Swim Aerobics
- Weight Watchers
- X-treme Team Adventure
- Yappy Hour (Pet Group)
Price Range: Mid $100s - High $100s
There are three floor plans offered in the Holiday Series. Homebuyers can select from three floor plans that are 1,099 to 1,398 square feet in size. These homes offer one master suite with a den, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. Homeowners can use the den as a second bedroom if desired.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $100s - High $100s
There are two models in the Cottage Series that offer 1,373 and 1,494 square feet of living space with two bedrooms, a den, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
Price Range: High $100s - Low $200s
The Retreat Series homes are offered as new construction. These four floor plans provide 1,565 to 1,998 square feet of living space with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. The Haven and Preserve models feature a den as well.View Floorplans
Price Range: High $100s - Low $200s
Homes in the Classic Series range in size from 1,612 to 1,816 square feet with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached garage. Please note that 3-car garages are available on a resale basis only.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $200s - High $200s
The Premier Series offers a variety of options with 1,960 to 2,424 square feet of living space. Homes have two to four bedrooms, two to three-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached garage. Please note that three to four-car garages are available as resale only.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $200s - High $200s
The Encore Series offers four floor plans that range in size from 2,023 2,529 square feet. Homes here offer two bedrooms, a den, two to two-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $200s - High $200s
The Estate Series is offered on a resale only basis. These homes were built with two bedrooms, a den, two-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached garage. The den can be converted to a guest bedroom.View Floorplans
Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch Reviews
- Arizona R.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 25, 2017I moved here two years ago from Northern Pa. It was the best move I've ever made, wish I would have done it sooner. I love my home, my neighbors are the greatest, the people that operate the facility are kind and helpful. It's quiet, but lots of things to do. Not to big that we get lost. Weather is just heavenly, sky at night unbelievable. People all help each other here. This was a God send to me. Last year my husband died of lung cancer, my dear friends, neighbors and other widows helped me pull thru. The prices are just right, HOA not over the moon!!! Clean, clean, and clean. HOA people keep up with all of us following the rules!!! I love that, no crappy stuff on the house, in the streets, etc. I loved being close to my neighbors, feel safe. They just constructed a doggie park..absolutely the greatest. And all the beautiful cactus, we all have them, and when they start to bloom, I'm surely in heaven. Thank you Del Webb for my beautiful spot at Merrill Ranch!!!!!
- Not entirely happy (Resident/Homeowner)|June 17, 2017First off, we generally enjoy the lifestyle in this community. We have made many friends and the amenities are top-notch. It is a great place to live. I would give the community 4.0 stars.
However, one thing to consider when researching 55+ communities, in addition to the lifestyle, is the builder. In this case, the builder is Pulte. If considering this community, I would advise you to buy a resale house rather than a new construction. The new houses being thrown up as quickly as possible are no match for existing houses built five or more years ago.
It's a shame that the construction is so shoddy, since this really is a nice community in most other respects.
- Mr & Mrs g (Resident/Homeowner)|August 31, 2016We spent our first year as a snowbird Nov-April, simply loved being there. The people are so friendly, there are many activities of which the gym, which I never went to one previously was my favorite. So many machines, even managed to lose 20 lbs. It is a social club, you see some of the same residents every day, miss them if they are not there. The hot tub is wonderful for all those aches and pains. They have barbecues, 2-3 day trips to Vegas and California. You can be as busy as you want to be. The lot we have is 11000 sq ft, wonderfully landscaped, 600 sq ft patio and a firepit. We have already started to pack to drive back in November, can't wait to see our new Canadian and new American friends. I can't say enough about Anthem, it was the right decision for us and I am sure would be for anyone.
- Ms. B.(Resident/Homeowner)|January 10, 2014The only thing I do not like here is the close proximity to your neighbors. The homes are pretty close together, just like the rest of AZ. I can hear my neighbors talk on the phone if I am outside. I have been here 5 winters as a snowbird, and it is very nice. Everything I need is within bike riding distance. The grounds and Community Center are kept immaculate. It is not a problem to drive a few miles to get to bigger stores, and they are improving the only road here...Hunt Highway. If you like a place with no traffic and no hustle and bustle, you will love it here. They have wide streets with sidewalks and street lights...some developments do not have this! HOA fees are about $120 a month. Garbage pickup is about $20 a month. Electricity and gas are reasonable...but watch out for the water! $70+ a month regardless how much you use. Overall, it is a great place but the lots need to be bigger for more privacy. The HOA is pretty picky about what you can and cannot do to the outside area of your home.
- The O.(Resident/Homeowner)|December 26, 2013Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch is the hidden jewel of the desert in Arizona. The community is experiencing rapid growth with a mix of year around residents like us and seasonal residents. The primary reason we built in this community was the golf course. Poston Butte is beautiful year round and challenging. There are Couples, Ladies and Men's groups so getting involved is not a problem. It might seen like you are located far from everything, but that is not true. There is very little traffic, but we have everything we need at the entrance to our community. We have driven more miles on our golf cart than on our car. We Love It Here! Away from the hustle and bustle of metro Phoenix or Tucson. We are about half way between both, so we have choices when we want to go to the city. New Models will be opening this month.
- Scott and Jeanne Thompson (Resident/Homeowner)|August 4, 2013After searching two years for our retirement dream, we found our perfect fit at Merrill Ranch. We love the open spaces, inclusion of parks and green belts throughout the community, the quality of the home construction and community center, and the neighbors and staff we have met are wonderful. We are looking forward to this next adventure in life!
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|April 29, 2013I am thrilled with everything about Sun City Anthem! My husband and I moved here to be closer to our son and his family who live at Merrill Ranch. It's so nice to be so close to them and have all these wonderful amenities. I enjoy taking my grandkids to the watermark at Merrill Ranch and playing in the parks. It's really the best of both worlds having our family so close but also having such a great group of new friends and so many fun activities at Sun City.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Sun City Anthem at Merrill Ranch has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.