- Price Range
- High $100s - High $500s
- Home Types
- Attached, Single-Family
- Number of Homes
- New And Resale Homes
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2004 - Present
- Meritage Homes
- 21 reviews
Province in Maricopa, Arizona designated over 30 percent of the land as parks and open space, plus there are 50 acres of scenic lakes and waterways.
Since the construction of Province began in 2004, active adult homebuyers have been flocking to this quiet desert town south of Phoenix to take advantage of open space and reasonable prices. Province has delivered the right blend of world-class amenities, finely crafted homes, and an exciting lifestyle.
At the center of Province is a 32,000 square-foot clubhouse and resort-style outdoor pool that is surrounded on three sides by a scenic 50-acre lake. All of the lakes are stocked with fish for catch and release fishing. If not for the beautiful weather and Arizona sunshine, you might just forget you are in the middle of the desert. The clubhouse and amenity center boasts an indoor heated pool and spa, state of the art fitness center, spinning bike classroom, cafe, billiards, shuffleboard, library, ceramics studio, paint & stain glass studio, sewing & quilting studio, and a ballroom. Outdoors, there are also pickleball courts, tennis courts, and a putting course.
Province Homes & Real Estate
Home prices in Province are generally more affordable than in other active adult communities closer to Phoenix. Buyers in Province can choose from ranch-style single-family homes and attached villas. Floor plans range in size from 1,155 to over 2,800 square feet.
In 2009 Meritage bought the community. There are resale and new homes available with floor plans ranging in size from 1155 to 3100 sq ft. The entire community is one story homes.
A diverse mix of social and fitness activities provide the residents of Province the opportunity to lead a physically active and socially stimulating lifestyle. Several dozen clubs and interest groups that range from hiking and golf to ceramics and oil painting meet on a regular basis. Regardless of your passion, you are likely to find other like-minded residents in Province who share your interests.
Maricopa is located 38 miles south of downtown Phoenix. It is a quiet town surrounded by low desert and open spaces. This small town was nearly non-existent in the 2000 census before experiencing tremendous growth over the last decade. Starting around 2001, people were lured to Maricopa for low priced real estate and to escape the congestion of the Phoenix area. Now, the city is home to over 30,000 people.
There are several nearby attractions such as the Sonoran Desert National Park, the John Wayne Ranch, and Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino. Maricopa is home to several big name stores like Wal-Mart and Ace Hardware. However, larger shopping trips require a short drive to nearby Chandler or Casa Grande 25 miles away.
- Clubhouse - 32,000 Sq. Ft.
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Indoor Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Aerobics & Dance Studio
- Ceramics Studio
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Sewing Studio
- Card Room
- Computer Lab
- Conference Room
- Walking & Biking Trails
- 4 Tennis Courts
- 2 Bocce Ball Courts
- Pickleball Courts
- Shuffleboard Courts
- 2 Horseshoe Pits
- Basketball Court
- 18-Hole Putting Green
- 50 Acres of Scenic Lakes
- 125 Acres of Parks & Natural Space
- Outdoor Amphitheater
- Outdoor Patio
Province Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Province. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Bocce Ball
- Mah Jongg
- Poker Group
- Craft Group
- Oil Painting
- Wheel Crazy (Antique Car Club)
- Book Club
- Aviation Group
- Food & Wine
- Helping Hands
- Ladies Social Group
- Red Hat Society
- Motorcycle Group
- Target Shooting
- RV Camping
Price Range: Mid $100s - High $100s
The Villas are duplex homes available in four different floor plans. There are a total of 190 Villas in Province. Construction of the villas started in 2004 by Engle Homes and they are now available on a resale only basis. The association maintains the exterior of the villas.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $100s - Mid $500s
These single-family homes built by Meritage homes range from 1690 to 2439 square feet. They have two to three bedrooms, two to two-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached two car garage. Most floor plans also offer a den for additional living space. These homes are also very energy efficient by featuring energy star appliances and water-efficient fixtures.View Floorplans
Verdana Collection by Meritage
Price Range: Mid $100s - Low $200s
The Verdana Collection was introduced in 2009 by Meritage Homes. These single-family homes are on lots that are 60' wide by 80' deep. Available as both new construction and resale homes, these exciting plans offer options such as garage extensions and bay windows. Newer models offer green energy building packages and solar systems.View Floorplans
Vista Collection by Meritage
Price Range: High $100s - Mid $200s
The Vista Collection homes were introduced by Meritage Homes in 2009. With three choices from 1,629 to 1,835 square feet, these homes offer ample space while still being affordable. Ample lot sizes of 60' wide by 110' deep and options like golf cart garages and three-car garages mean there is plenty of room to spread out in these well-designed homes. Newer models offer green energy building packages and solar systems.View Floorplans
Pinnacle Collection by Meritage
Price Range: High $100s - Mid $300s
The Pinnacle Collection homes were introduced by Meritage in 2009. Three large plans offer the ideal choice for homeowners who like to entertain and host out-of-town guests. These homes are available as both new construction and resale homes and are built on lot sizes that are approximately 70' wide by 110' deep. Newer models offer green energy building packages and solar systems.View Floorplans
Province Villages by Engle
Price Range: Mid $100s - Mid $200s
The Village Homes were constructed by Engle Homes between 2004 and 2008, which means they are available on a resale only basis. They are ideal for homebuyers who want a low cost single-family home. Most homes are located on lots that are 60' wide by 80' deep.View Floorplans
Province Traditions by Engle
Price Range: High $100s - High $200s
The Tradition Homes were built by Engle Homes between 2004 and 2008. Notable options such as casitas, extra garage space and bonus rooms are found on many of these homes. Most homes are built on lot sizes that are approximately 60' wide and 110' deep.View Floorplans
Province Estates by Engle
Price Range: Low $200s - Mid $500s
The Estates were the largest single-family homes offered by Engle. These homes built between 2004 and 2008 offer ample living space and 2.5 or 3-car garages. Lot sizes are typically 70' wide by 110' deep. Homebuyers can find the perfect resale Estates Collection home.View Floorplans
The Preserve at Province by Meritage
Price Range: Mid $200s
|Model Name||Sq. Ft.||Beds||Baths||Garage|
|Mercury||1614||2 + Den||2||2|
|Presley||1694||2 + Den||2||2|
|Turner||1905||2 + Den||2||2|
- Brent S.|May 9, 2020First HOA community I’ve lived in, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised. The HOA really has our best interests at heart. They communicate often and well; they inform us immediately about news and issues. The community is beautiful and safe. Fantastic amenities. I couldn’t recommend it more.
- Marvin K.|January 14, 2019Very impressed by the clubhouse and pool here. Very good value for the money.
- Bobbie T.|January 6, 2019We love it here. Yes, the sewer/water bill is high, and cell coverage leaves something to be desired, but we couldn’t be happier. We have met so many friendly and fun people. There are activities for everyone and you truly can be as busy as you want to be. Many residents freely offer their expertise in tennis, pickleball, dancing, bocce ball, exercise, etc for those who are interested. The grounds and clubhouse are beautiful and well maintained, and the staff is helpful. Maricopa has everything you need on a day to day basis, with Chandler offering tons of shopping and restaurants only 20 miles away. We are very satisfied with our decision.
- Bill N.|September 1, 2018What they do not tell you:
Minimum water billing $100/mo
Only cable/ interent providers are Centurylink AND Orbitel. No good providers.
- Linda S.|February 22, 2018Province is an oasis in the middle of the desert! I was so impressed from the moment I drove through the front gates. I have never seen such a gorgeous community with all the lakes and open space. The Community Center is like a resort. I feel like I'm on vacation every day. I love the community and the small town feel of Maricopa. It is also a very convenient drive to Sky Harbor Airport to pick up my friends and family. The value of the homes here is another reason why I decided to call Province home.
- John B.|February 22, 2018This community is one of the nicest and most reasonable in Arizona. It has everything available along with 24hr security, pools, activities, and clubs. It is in a really nice little city of Maricopa, Everyone I have met is nice and friendly.
I am not a resident yet but will be soon.
- Cameron M.|February 6, 2017This community is a rare find for active living. Maricopa has done a great job these last few years and Province leads the way with nice homes and an incredible clubhouse.
- Val G.|October 27, 2015I have lives here for 10 years now and still love living here except even more now that I have just retired. Every morning I can now go for a long walk, chat with folks along the way and just enjoy the beauty of Province meeting new and friendly people along the way. I love all of the amenities which is the main reason my husband and I moved here. Province is a safe place to live and I am so glad we made the choice to move here.
- Sue F.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 27, 2015My husband and I moved here in December of 2006. We immediately fell in love with the community and all it had to offer. He unfortunately passed away in 2009, but my neighbors have been supportive and wonderful to me. It is a fabulous place to live and I have recommended it to many and will continue to do so.
- Carl J.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 27, 2015My wife and I have lived in Province since 2012. We love it here.
The amenities offer something for almost everybody, with Meritage offering some new items over the last few years. We love living on the green belt, and the high quality insulation keeps the electricity bills down.
Maricopa's stores offer almost everything we need from day to day, and the nearby Phoenix suburbs offer everything else. The entertainment options in Phoenix are excellent. We found wonderful medical providers in and near Maricopa.
Most of all, we've come to know some very fine people. The majority of residents that we've met are positive and friendly. As a community, we find constructive ways to manage the issues that come up from time to time.
Bottom line: Province is a great place to live.
- Pamela P.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 26, 2015I love living in Province. There is so much to do and we have wonderful neighbors. It is a very active community with daily activities aplenty including in house programs and field trips. We also have wonderful nightlife activities which includes dances and guest bands on the weekends. The motto "retire like you mean it" surely fits this Province cmmunity.
- Kathy G.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 26, 2015We purchased our home in Province in December after looking at many Active Adult Communities from Phoenix to Tucson. We chose Province because of the beautiful, well maintained grounds, the many amenities, and the friendly people. Province is definitely the perfect community for us!
- Steve and Terry Smith (Resident/Homeowner)|October 26, 2015We have been in Province 3 years and we are so happy with our decision. We feel safe and secure in Province. Province offers so much including the great clubhouse, landscaping with lakes and waterfalls. We are so happy with our home and love living in Maricopa. There are so many great helpful people that live here in Province. There is so much to do in this great community or you can relax on your patio or by the pool with your new friends that you will make quickly!
- Bill R.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 26, 2015The underage resident issue has been resolved through due process. This is a wonderful adult active community with awesome amenities and fantastic neighbors! Loving the Province life.
- Lorna K.|October 26, 2015One of the best over 55 Communities that you will find anywhere. We have lived here for five years and cannot say enough about what a great community Province is. You owe it to yourself to check it out should you be looking to relocate to Arizona. Maricopa is a much smaller community than any in Phoenix so is really easy to get around in and but still has all of the amenities that one could want.
- Don S.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 26, 2015The previous review of Sep 21 is inaccurate. The issue surfaced in that post was rwsolved on Sep 19 and the children will be leaving Province within a 90 day period in keeping with our CC&Rs;.
- Joe G.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 26, 2015I would like to add my voice to (what I believe is) the overwhelming majority of residents who love it here. I'm happy to spend the rest of my life enjoying the amenities here. (And the issue reported by the reviewer on September 21st has been resolved to the mutual satisfaction of the residents and the property managers.)
- Jean P.(Resident/Homeowner)|September 21, 2015We have just learned that minor children do reside here, one family of 4 generations has been granted an exemption and about 4 more homes have children in residence. Apparently there is no way to monitor or enforce the CC&Rs; ban on permanent residency of minor children.
- Gail R.(Resident/Homeowner)|June 11, 2013What a Gem. We looked at many Active Adult Communities in Arizona before deciding on Province. We have not been disappointed with our decision. The miles of walking paths and greenbelts are great as well as the beautiful lakes with an abundance of wildlife. There are numerous activities, so you can be as active as you choose. The Town Center with two pools, workout room and activity rooms is beautiful. Great spot to view the sun set. Nine pickleball courts are in the works and hopefully will be completed by the Fall. The residents are very friendly and welcoming. We met many neighbors while our house was being built. Maricopa is close enough to Chandler for major shopping, but far enough away from the rat race.
- Steve And Judy Theobald (Resident/Homeowner)|June 11, 2013We have been in Province 7 years and on our second home here. The whole community is beautiful and comfortable. You will not find a better clubhouse and grounds. Like one of our friends say "It's like Disney land for adults". We truly appreciate the safety and comfort provided by the gates and 24 hour security. Also lots of great new friends.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|April 30, 2013I just moved in to Province a couple months ago and I am just thrilled with it so far! My home was a steal of a deal too for about $160,000 with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, granite countertops, tile flooring, a nice master bath and a big closet too! I've been enjoying walking the community paths every morning and have started participating in some of the craft activities. I also like that it's a gated community so I feel really safe here plus all the people I've met have been very welcoming.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Province. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Province has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.