Category: Top 10 Lists
- It’s always a good idea to bond with the grandkids. Sometimes, it’s difficult to figure out what can be done, especially because there’s such an age gap. However, when you are looking for a fun bonding activity, there are five that you can do at almost any age – and your grandkids are sure to love the time spent together.
- For years, veterans proudly served their country and when it’s time to retire, choosing the right location is just another battle. Military retirees are often faced with different challenges than other Baby Boomers heading for retirement. Military retirees are usually younger in age when retiring from service, which is between the ages of 43 and 47, while other active adults are typically heading for retirement between the ages 55 and 65. Not only are some of these veterans retiring early, they also have to get used to being a part of a civilian lifestyle and environment again. It may be difficult for some vets to get reacquainted with their new lifestyle due to post-traumatic stress disorders, injuries, and other side effects of war. That’s why it’s important for veterans to retire in states where they will have the best opportunities for a comfortable retirement. Retired vets should look into states that have a strong and supportive veteran community, accessible VA health facilities, a healthy economic environment, affordable housing, and great tax exemptions. With all of this to consider, here we list the top 10 states for military retirement.
- Just because it’s cold and snowy outside doesn’t mean you can let Jack Frost get in the way of your daily routine. Staying active during the winter can be done easily if you take advantage of great amenities in your active adult community. There are multiple indoor and outdoor amenities that provide social spaces that will keep you healthy, active, and entertained. Even better, there are many that can even be enjoyed without having to step foot outdoors. But for those who love wintertime, there are also fun amenities available that will get you hopping like a snow bunny this winter. Here is our list of 10 amenities to take advantage of this winter:
- 55places.com is proud to announce 2015’s community of the year: The Villages in Florida. The Villages continues to be the standard-bearer of active adult communities - although calling it an active adult community seems like an understatement, considering that The Villages has over 50,000 homes and more amenities per capita than any city in the country.
- Location is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a retirement destination. While rural communities offer wide-open spaces, many retirees are flocking to more urban destinations for their convenience and exciting local activities. For those looking to take part in all city life has to offer, here are ten of our favorite options.
- Active adult communities throughout the nation have a lot to offer. At 55 Places, we have visited hundreds of age-restricted communities that include great amenities, lovely homes, and a vibrant lifestyle. There are numerous communities to choose from that meet the needs and wants of almost any desired lifestyle. Most people can agree that neighborhoods which include modern amenities like state-of-the-art fitness centers, expansive clubhouses, championship golf courses, and world-class restaurants provide a lavish setting.
- Active adult communities across the country offer resort-style living designed for both working adults and retirees. In looking at recent activity at 55 Places, we see that among our readers there has been a great deal of interest in communities found in Florida, South Carolina and Arizona. Based on analytics, here are the ten most recently viewed communities on our website:
- There are hundreds of active adult communities throughout the nation. With so many destinations to consider, finding the perfect city in which to retire is an important factor. To help streamline this process, 55 Places has compiled a list of 20 Great Cities for Retirement.
- Retirement is a great time to travel and the U.S. offers plenty of exciting destinations. From sandy beaches and scenic getaways to thriving cities and world-class theme parks, there is something for everyone. If you want to see the world, consider adding these fabulous getaways to your travel dream list.
- Times they are a-changin'. While there are some exciting things about today's technology and other innovations, there are also a lot of great things to look back on over the years. Every generation has their own nostalgic songs, movies, toys and more. You know you're a Baby Boomer when you look back fondly at some of these fads and favorites.