- Price Range
- Low $200s - High $200s
- Home Types
- Single Family
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1988 - 1997
- U.S. Homes
- 6 reviews
Greenbriar at Winding Ways Overview
Greenbriar at Winding Ways is an age-restricted community in Jackson Township set in Ocean County, New Jersey. This gated community is open to adults aged 55 and better and offers single-family homes on a resale basis. It is comprised of 554 quality-built homes and features a 15,000 square-foot clubhouse as well as a variety of social clubs.
Greenbriar at Winding Ways is great for active adults looking to live in a location with land and open spaces around them. Despite the rural setting, grocery shopping is just down the street. In addition, Winding Ways is just minutes away from malls, restaurants, and entertainment. Convenient access to I-195 allows residents an easy commute to Philadelphia or New York. The community also provides a shopping bus service for trips to malls and grocery stores.
Greenbriar at Winding Ways Amenities
The 15,000 square-foot clubhouse in Greenbriar at Winding Ways holds an abundance of amenities. Residents can spend a quiet morning or afternoon reading in the library or play a friendly game of billiards. There is also a ballroom for social events and several hobby rooms for arts and crafts enthusiasts and card players. A fitness room keeps residents in shape to participate in all that Winding Ways has to offer. Outdoors, residents can play bocce ball, tennis, horseshoes, or shuffleboard. When it is time to relax, they can cool off in the sparkling outdoor pool.
Greenbriar at Winding Ways Homes & Real Estate
This 55 and over community was built starting in 1988 and is comprised of 554 single-family homes which range in size from around 1,200 to over 1,800 square feet. Buyers can select from a resale inventory of two or three bedroom ranch-style homes with two to three bathrooms. All residences have one or two-car garages. Many homes in Greenbriar at Winding Ways have open floor plans with vaulted ceilings. Other features include patios, storm doors, sprinklers, security systems, dens, and fireplaces. The monthly homeowner s association dues are reasonable, and all residents pay the same amount.
Greenbriar at Winding Ways Lifestyle
Greenbriar at Winding Ways offers a lifestyle that caters to physically and mentally active adults. This friendly community has a very active social committee and residents participate in clubs such as fitness club, Italian American Club, travel club, music club, red hats society, yiddish heritage club, and cultural club. Residents also have groups for cards, golf, and bocce where neighbors can partake in competitive game sessions on a regular basis. Greenbriar at Winding Ways also has a community bus that stops at malls and grocery stores.
Greenbriar at Winding Ways is located in Ocean County, New Jersey. Jackson is the largest New Jersey Township and used to be a farming community. People who live here will enjoy the rural character of this locale, but Jackson offers much more than just horse farms and historic houses. It is easy to take advantage of major shopping opportunities in the area such as the Jackson Outlets, Toms River Mall, and Freehold Mall, all only minutes away. The surrounding area also has various parks and recreation centers. Golf enthusiasts will find a large selection of public and private golf courses. In addition, the nearby town of Toms River features a charming array of shops and restaurants.
With convenient access to I-195 it is easy for residents to explore the surrounding area and to discover their own favorite entertainment and recreation options. Winding Ways is also centrally located in relation to Philadelphia which is 30 miles to the west and New York City that is approximately 60 miles to the north. Both cities have international airports for convenient long-distance travel. Greenbriar at Winding Ways is the perfect active adult community in Southern New Jersey.
Greenbriar at Winding Ways Amenities
- Clubhouse - 15,000 Sq. Ft.
- Fitness Room
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Multi-Purpose Room
- Card Room
- Hobby & Game Room
- Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Patio
- 2 Tennis Courts
- 2 Bocce Ball Courts
- 4 Shuffleboard Courts
- Horseshoe Pits
- Walking & Biking Trails
Greenbriar at Winding Ways Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Greenbriar at Winding Ways. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Cultural Club
- Holiday Parties
- Italian American Club
- Mah Jongg
- Music Club
- Needlework Group
- Planned Trips
- Red Hats
- Single's Club
- Table Tennis
- Travel Club
- Yiddish Heritage Club
Single Family Homes
Price Range: Low $200s - High $200s
This gated community is comprised of 554 single-family homes which range in size from 1,200 to 1,864 square feet. Buyers can select from a resale inventory of two or three bedroom ranch-style homes with two to three bathrooms. All residences have one or two-car garages. Many homes in Greenbriar at Winding Ways have open floor plans with vaulted ceilings. Other features include patios, storm doors, sprinklers, security systems, dens, and fireplaces. The monthly homeowners association dues are reasonable, and all residents pay the same amount.View Floorplans
Greenbriar at Winding Ways Reviews
- Bernie W.|September 3, 2018A very friendly community. Yes, there are rules, or else the community would be a mess..The rules are reasaonable & help to keep "law & order".There is always someone that cannot be happy, if there are rules. Every city, & state has rules..There is a Board of Trustees, that addresses the necessary "needs" to keep us clean & proper..& they do it all on their own time & dedication to keep us "Lookin good" !
- CZ (Resident/Homeowner)|September 5, 2017Wonderful, friendly community. I would disagree with the 2 people (note one of the negative reviews was repeated twice). There are rules, but not unreasonable. Enlargement of patios and driveways are permitted within guidelines. There is a desire to maintain green space ... which for me is one of the things that makes the community appealing.
- RS (Resident/Homeowner)|June 12, 2015very strict rules for everything, from patio, to plantings, to placing storage bins to where you can park?
- bs (Resident/Homeowner)|June 10, 2015Watch out very strict with rules. Wanted to extend my patio 2 feet to help my disabled husband have more room for walking with his can. They would not allow !!
- BS |June 9, 2015Watch Out very strict with rules for exisitng changest to patio, even with disabled husband. (MS) They would not flex one bit!!
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|September 22, 2014Greenbriar WW is a very friendly community with really nice people. We've lived here about 5 years now and have made wonderful friends. We use the clubhouse all the time and are very active in the clubs and activities. It's so nice to be around people our age with common interests. It's the kind of community where you can ask your neighbor for a cup of sugar and yes I have done that when I was making cookies once!
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Greenbriar at Winding Ways. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Greenbriar at Winding Ways has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.