- Price Range
- Below $100k - High $100s
- Home Types
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1970 - 1974
- 6 reviews
Leisure Village East Overview
Leisure Village East is a gated 55+ community in Lakewood, New Jersey that offers its residents amenity-rich living and an unsurpassed maintenance-free lifestyle. This age-restricted community offers homebuyers a 9-hole golf course, 18,790 square-foot clubhouse and scenic lakes. Leisure Village East is comprised of 1,412 attached homes available on a resale basis.
When residents of Leisure Village East step outside of the community's gates, further amenities await. Residents enjoy great shopping, recreation and entertainment opportunities nearby, as well as all the excitement of New York and Philadelphia.
Leisure Village East Amenities
The centerpiece of the many activities and events at Leisure Village East is the Barton Hall Recreation Center. This welcoming 18,790 square-foot facility offers a wide range of amenities for residents to stay socially and physically active. Residents can feel the burn in the fitness center, challenge a friend in the card room or read a book in the library. In addition there is an auditorium, meeting rooms and woodworking shop.
Outdoors, residents love embracing the picturesque views while taking a stroll on the walking and biking trails. Those with a competitive side appreciate the bocce ball and shuffleboard courts as well as the beautifully designed 9-hole golf course. During the summer residents can cool off on the boat accessible lake or in the outdoor pool.
Leisure Village East Homes & Real Estate
Leisure Village East is comprised of 1,412 attached homes. There are five models available on a resale basis that range in size from 630 to 1,690 square feet. These appealing homes feature one to two bedrooms, one to two bathrooms and a garage or assigned parking spot. All homes were designed with active adults in mind and have a screened porch and ample storage space.
Leisure Village East Lifestyle
When it comes to life at Leisure Village East, residents live a resort-style existence featuring nonstop entertainment. There are multiple activities within the community from which to choose including ceramic classes, line dancing, quilters, Tai Chi and bowling. Numerous clubs and interest groups regularly meet in the clubhouse such as book club, computer discussions, and choristers. No matter your interests or hobbies Leisure Village East has something for everyone.
Leisure Village East is located in Lakewood, New Jersey and offers residents a world of possibilities beyond the gates. Conveniently located minutes from the Garden State Parkway, other major highways and public transportation makes traveling a walk in the park. When traveling is on the agenda, New York City, Atlantic City and Philadelphia are a short trip away as well as readily accessible airports.
Just a short drive away from Leisure Village East there is shopping, dining, and pristine beaches. When you feel the desire to explore the town there are an abundance of options to choose from including the Ocean County Park, Georgian Court University, Lakewood Historical Museum and Strand Theatre. For sports enthusiasts there is the Lakewood BlueClaws minor league baseball team and the various golf courses in the area.
Leisure Village East Amenities
- Clubhouse - 18,790 Sq. Ft.
- Fitness Center
- Card Rooms
- Meeting Rooms
- Woodworking Shop
- 9-Hole Golf Course
- Outdoor Pool
- 12 Shuffleboard Courts
- 2 Bocce Ball Courts
- Scenic Lakes
- Boat Accessible Lake
- Walking & Biking Trails
Leisure Village East Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Leisure Village East. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Book Club
- Ceramic Classes
- Computer Discussions
- Dance Club
- Heritage Club
- Italian American Club
- Jewish American Club
- Ladies Golf
- Line Dancers
- Men's Club
- Monday Mixed Bowling
- Pine Cone Garden Club
- Tai Chi
- Vision Club
- Women's Club
Price Range: Below $100k - High $100s
Leisure Village East is comprised of 1,412 attached homes. There are five models available on a resale basis that range in size from 630 to 1,690 square feet. These appealing homes feature one to two bedrooms, one to two bathrooms and a garage or assigned parking spot. All homes were designed with active adults in mind and have a screened porch and ample storage space.View Floorplans
Leisure Village East Reviews
- Ed C.|January 30, 2020I have lived at LVE 7 years, yes the maintenance fees go up every year but only $5.00 to $20.00 a month depending upon the size of your unit. Labor and materials go up every year no matter where you live. The crew keeps the complex in darn good condition and it does get better every year. As far as the people in the offices, well we have a lot of volunteers besides the paid personnel. I never thought I would ever enjoy living in a retirement community. All the people I have met here are down to earth, friendly and caring. People, in general, are very cool. Best decision I ever made. My wife and I love it here and we are only in our mid and late 60's.
- Carol M.|July 11, 2019Buyer beware, I have lived in this community for a year, The maintenance fee goes up every year, and the service has gone down. There are to many people working in the office not doing anything, the community needs a whole new regime. Spend your money elsewhere.i would give the review no stars it's just not an option.
- Phyllis L.|September 19, 2018I Love living here. The people that live here are very friendly loving and caring.
I have been living here for 20 years. It is true the maintenance fees have skyrocketed, and the maintenance work has gone down, But you still get more maintenance for the money here then you do any place else.The maintenance crew is quick to come when you call them, and do a pretty good job.
With the new board in lately, a lot has changed. They are trying their best to keep the place looking good, and I think there doing a good job at it There are many amenities here. Lots to do, Or do nothing.
- Concerned r.(Resident/Homeowner)|June 24, 2017Have had connection (via relatives) to this community since 1980's - maintenance fees continue to increase with care of community going down. Aging community needs more care and its not being paid attention to by board members. Spend your money elsewhere. Avoid Lakewood!
- Maria & Ray M. (Resident/Homeowner)|June 13, 2015We are here 1 month so far and still unpacking so we haven't checked out any of the amenities yet. We have called the maintenance crew for minor things and they are quick to help. The neighbors and association members who we have met so far, seem very friendly and helpful. The HOA fee and taxes are low which makes for a more fun lifestyle. (that is when we finish the unpacking part of our move) All in all, we are happy we chose this community and look forward to a leisurely life near the shore!!
- Susan L.|July 16, 2014Location, location, location and price! I love being so close to the shore and the price can not be beat. Great amenities are included here and my home is maintenance-free. I finally have the time to do fun things in life and I can afford to do whatever I want since my house was so cheap as well. Leisure Village is a great buy!
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Leisure Village East. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Leisure Village East has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.