- Price Range
- Below $100k - High $100s
- Home Types
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1970 - 1974
- 6 reviews
Leisure Village East Overview
Leisure Village East is a gated 55+ community in Lakewood, New Jersey. This established community offers residents an amenity-rich and low-maintenance lifestyle. Some of the amenities within the community include a nine-hole golf course, a spacious amenity center, and a fitness center. The variety of resale attached homes available allow homebuyers to downsize and find an ideal home for their lifestyle. Residents can also enjoy the plentiful shopping, recreation, and entertainment opportunities nearby, as well as everything that New York and Philadelphia have to offer.
Homebuyers looking for homes for sale in Lakewood, NJ will love what is available at Leisure Village East.
Leisure Village East Amenities
The centerpiece of the many activities and events at Leisure Village East is the Barton Hall Recreation Center. This welcoming 18,790-square-foot facility offers a wide range of amenities for residents to stay socially and physically active. Residents can exercise in the fitness center, challenge a friend in the card room, or read a book in the library. The spacious amenity center is also home to an auditorium, meeting rooms, and a woodworking shop.
The amenities continue outdoors as residents can tee off at the nine-hole golf course or take advantage of the shuffleboard and bocce ball courts. Additional outdoor amenities include an outdoor pool and patio as well as ample natural space and scenic ponds. Homeowners can also enjoy the community’s setting by strolling throughout the walking and biking trails or relaxing in the gazebo.
Learn more about the amenities that Leisure Village East has to offer here!
Leisure Village East Homes & Real Estate
The construction of Leisure Village East took place between 1970 and 1974. The community is home to a total of 1,412 attached homes available on a resale basis.
The homes come in five distinct models that range from 630 to 1,690 square feet. These appealing homes feature one to two bedrooms, one to two bathrooms, and a one-car garage or assigned parking spot. Common features across these thoughtfully designed homes include screened-in porches and ample storage space. Homebuyers can also expect to find hardwood floors, large windows, and upgraded kitchens and bathrooms.
Learn more about the homes & real estate offered at Leisure Village East here!
Leisure Village East Lifestyle
Members of the Leisure Village East community live a low-maintenance lifestyle thanks to the homeowners’ association that takes care of common area maintenance, bus service, managing clubs, and events, as well as property insurance.
With less to worry about, homeowners can take full advantage of all the clubs and activities offered within the community. There are multiple activities to choose from, including ceramic classes, line dancing, quilters, Tai Chi, bowling, and much more. Numerous clubs and interest groups regularly meet in the clubhouse such as book club, computer discussions, and choristers.
Learn more about the lifestyle offered at Leisure Village East here!
Lakewood, NJ Area
Leisure Village East is located in Lakewood, New Jersey just about nine miles from the coast. This prime location provides residents with easy access to daily necessities and outdoor recreation opportunities.
Homeowners of Leisure Village East are never far from what they may need, grocery stores such as Stop & Shop, Trader Joe’s, ShopRite, and Yankels. Additional retail options include Target, Costco, and Walmart. Pharmaceutical needs can be met at Walgreens and CVS.
Leisure Village East is also close to several health care providers, including Silver Bay Medical Center, Monmouth Medical Center, and Garden State Medical Center.
When homeowners are looking for dining and entertainment options they can travel along John Davison Rockefeller Memorial Highway, which leads to a variety of restaurants, bars, and retailers. Additional attractions in the area include Casino Pier & Breakwater Beach and Jenkinson’s Aquarium.
Nature lovers will also enjoy being located close to plenty of outdoor recreation areas. Parks and greenspaces such as Ocean County Park, Lake Shenandoah County Park, and Mallard Point Park are all just a few miles away. Golfers can tee off at courses like Eagle Ridge Golf Club, Four Seasons Golf Course, and Ocean County Golf Course at Forge Pond.
Those who are looking to explore urban areas are in luck as Leisure Village East is close to Garden State Parkway which makes traveling to New York City, Atlantic City, and Philadelphia a breeze. When it comes to long-distance travel Newark Liberty International Airport is just under an hour away.
Leisure Village East Amenities
Leisure Village East Residents have access to the following amenities:
- Barton Hall Recreation Center - 18,790 Sq. Ft.
- Fitness Center
- Card Rooms
- Meeting Rooms
- Woodworking Shop
- 9-Hole Golf Course
- Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Patio
- 12 Shuffleboard Courts
- 2 Bocce Ball Courts
- Scenic Ponds
- Walking & Biking Trails
Leisure Village East Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Leisure Village East. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Book Club
- Ceramic Classes
- Computer Discussions
- Dance Club
- Heritage Club
- Italian American Club
- Jewish American Club
- Ladies Golf
- Line Dancers
- Men's Club
- Monday Mixed Bowling
- Pine Cone Garden Club
- Tai Chi
- Vision Club
- Women's Club
Price Range: Below $100k - High $100s
Leisure Village East is comprised of 1,412 attached homes. There are five models available on a resale basis that range in size from 630 to 1,690 square feet. These appealing homes feature one to two bedrooms, one to two bathrooms and a garage or assigned parking spot. All homes were designed with active adults in mind and have a screened porch and ample storage space.View Floorplans
Leisure Village East Reviews
- Ed C.|January 30, 2020I have lived at LVE 7 years, yes the maintenance fees go up every year but only $5.00 to $20.00 a month depending upon the size of your unit. Labor and materials go up every year no matter where you live. The crew keeps the complex in darn good condition and it does get better every year. As far as the people in the offices, well we have a lot of volunteers besides the paid personnel. I never thought I would ever enjoy living in a retirement community. All the people I have met here are down to earth, friendly and caring. People, in general, are very cool. Best decision I ever made. My wife and I love it here and we are only in our mid and late 60's.
- Carol M.|July 11, 2019Buyer beware, I have lived in this community for a year, The maintenance fee goes up every year, and the service has gone down. There are to many people working in the office not doing anything, the community needs a whole new regime. Spend your money elsewhere.i would give the review no stars it's just not an option.
- Phyllis L.|September 19, 2018I Love living here. The people that live here are very friendly loving and caring.
I have been living here for 20 years. It is true the maintenance fees have skyrocketed, and the maintenance work has gone down, But you still get more maintenance for the money here then you do any place else.The maintenance crew is quick to come when you call them, and do a pretty good job.
With the new board in lately, a lot has changed. They are trying their best to keep the place looking good, and I think there doing a good job at it There are many amenities here. Lots to do, Or do nothing.
- Concerned r.(Resident/Homeowner)|June 24, 2017Have had connection (via relatives) to this community since 1980's - maintenance fees continue to increase with care of community going down. Aging community needs more care and its not being paid attention to by board members. Spend your money elsewhere. Avoid Lakewood!
- Maria & Ray M. (Resident/Homeowner)|June 13, 2015We are here 1 month so far and still unpacking so we haven't checked out any of the amenities yet. We have called the maintenance crew for minor things and they are quick to help. The neighbors and association members who we have met so far, seem very friendly and helpful. The HOA fee and taxes are low which makes for a more fun lifestyle. (that is when we finish the unpacking part of our move) All in all, we are happy we chose this community and look forward to a leisurely life near the shore!!
- Susan L.|July 16, 2014Location, location, location and price! I love being so close to the shore and the price can not be beat. Great amenities are included here and my home is maintenance-free. I finally have the time to do fun things in life and I can afford to do whatever I want since my house was so cheap as well. Leisure Village is a great buy!
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Leisure Village East. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Leisure Village East has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.