- Price Range
- Mid $300s - High $500s
- Home Types
- Attached, Single-Family
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2006 - Present
- Lennar Homes
- 13 reviews
Stonebridge, located in Monroe in Middlesex County, New Jersey, is a gated community that welcomes active adults aged 55 and better. This suburban community is set amid picturesque farmlands, yet is within easy distance of Historic Princeton, New York City, and Philadelphia. This diverse setting gives residents the best of suburban living.
The 41,000 square-foot clubhouse provides a wealth of amenities that will appeal to active adults. There are both indoor and outdoor amenities such as swimming pools, a state-of-the-art fitness center, hobby and craft rooms, a library, spa, sports courts and much more. Residents can socialize in one of the many lounges and meeting rooms. With its various amenities, beautiful setting, and proximity to urban centers, Stonebridge is a gated community that will meet the needs of many diverse active adults.
The beautifully appointed 41,000 square-foot clubhouse has the look of a luxurious resort and a variety of amenities to support an active adult lifestyle. The large state-of-the-art fitness center offers a range of equipment to keep residents in great shape. The indoor pool, located beneath a sloping glass roof, is ideal for a swim in any weather. Plenty of social space, including a large ballroom with room for 500 people, and card rooms will accommodate regular group meetings or impromptu get-togethers. The Spa at Stonebridge is the perfect place when you need to pamper yourself. Residents can visit the billiards room for a game with neighbors. There is also the Grille Room with a bar, which provides an excellent place to relax with friends.
The resort-style outdoor pool is the perfect spot for lounging and swimming when the weather turns warm. Stonebridge also provides four tennis courts and two bocce ball courts several courts for enjoying some friendly competition. A walking and biking trail and scenic pond create a picturesque scene for morning walks.
Stonebridge Homes & Real Estate
Stonebridge in Monroe, New Jersey is home to 946 residences available in either single-family or duplex models. Many of the homes feature finished second-story lofts or unfinished second-story storage space. Attached two-car garages and concrete patios are also included, and some models feature owner's suites with raised ceilings as well. The homes at Stonebridge range in size from 1,690 to 3,130 square feet and are available in 18 different floor plans.
Stonebridge's beautiful homes contain many upscale features, such as gourmet kitchens with granite countertops and 42" upper cabinets. The thoughtful designs include energy-efficient features such as Low E Glass windows, tankless water heaters, keyless entries, and multiple zoned heating and cooling systems with high efficiency furnaces.
Stonebridge is an active adult community that welcomes homebuyers aged 55 and better. A full-time activities director is available to help residents plan their recreations. There are several social groups that meet regularly to share their interests such as art classes, dance lessons, garden club, book club, Mah Jongg, poker, and much more. With many on-site amenities and close proximity to shopping, dining, and cultural attractions, Stonebridge residents can enjoy an active lifestyle while pursuing a variety of interests.
Located in Monroe, Stonebridge is set amid Central New Jersey's picturesque farmland. Major commuter routes, such as the New Jersey Turnpike, are only ten minutes away. Residents who love the city will be happy to know that Stonebridge is situated only 45 minutes from New York City and about 60 minutes from Philadelphia. Historic Princeton, New Jersey is only 20 minutes away from the community and is a convenient destination for personal and recreational needs. This charming area is home to Princeton University, McCarter Theatre, and the Medical Center of Princeton. There are hundreds of specialty shops, boutiques, and intimate restaurants as well.
This 55+ community is set in a suburban community in Monroe Township. There are plenty of nearby shopping centers and restaurants which provide daily conveniences. Residents enjoy easy access to both specialty shops and large chain stores, including Wegmans for their grocery shopping needs. Nearby shopping malls include Freehold Raceway Mall, Quakerbridge Mall, and Six Flags Factory Outlets. Additional attractions in the area include the Count Basie Theatre, George Street Playhouse, PNC Arts Center, Battleground State Park, Forsgate Country Club, Peddie Golf Course, Mercer County Waterfront Park, Sun Bank Arena and Six Flags Great Adventure. Residents of Stonebridge never get bored with endless activities and entertainment in and around this active adult community in Monroe, New Jersey.
- Clubhouse - 41,000 Sq. Ft.
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Indoor Lap Pool & Spa
- Aerobics & Dance Studio
- Grille Room
- Card Rooms
- Billiards Room
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Library & Lounge
- Computer Lab
- Conference Room
- Movie Theatre
- The Spa at Stonebridge
- Outdoor Resort-Style Pool
- Outdoor Patio
- 4 Tennis Courts
- 2 Bocce Ball Courts
- Walking & Biking Trails
- Scenic Pond
Stonebridge Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Stonebridge. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Art Class
- Ballroom Dance Lessons
- Book Club
- Country Line Dancing
- Free Thinkers Club
- Garden Club
- Health Lectures
- Investment Discussion Club
- Mah Jonng
- Men's Club
- Men's Shuffleboard
- Open Art Class
- Photo Club
- Single Group
- Stonebridge Stitchers
- Total Body Sculpting
- Weight Watchers Group
- Women's Shuffleboard
Price Range: Low $300s - Mid $300s
The duplexes offer the best in low-maintenance living. There are four floor plans offered that range in size from 1,690 to 2,475 square feet. These attached homes feature two or three bedrooms, two or three bathrooms and a one-car garage.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $300s - Low $400s
The Signature Collection offers three floor plans ranging from 1,659 to 2,381 square feet of living space. These desirable homes feature two or three bedrooms, two to three bathrooms and an attached two-car garages. Most of these homes also have a den.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $400s - High $500s
The Estate Collection offers the largest homes within the community with floor plans ranging from 1,901 to 3,130 square feet. These spacious homes feature two to three bedrooms, two to three bathrooms and an attached two-car garage. Designed with active adults in mind there are many energy-efficient features such as tankless hot water heaters and keyless entries.View Floorplans
- Larry M.|August 29, 2018Stonebridge is a beautiful community, welll kept, great amenities, the homes are gorgeous and the residents are friendly and helpful! We have been here for 8 hrs and love it!
- Jack (Resident/Homeowner)|November 26, 2017Lennar is inconsistent in how they fix problems. They will ignore a request ( mostly) fix something when forced or fix something if you have an attorney. Homes are OK. HVAC is marginal, plumbing is marginal, paint is washable (washes off). Location is great.
- Resident (Resident/Homeowner)|January 29, 2017I regret buying here. I moved from a golf course community 4 miles away and there was never the wind that I encounter here! The houses are expensive and poorly built, unlike the house I moved from which was built in 1993. The clubhouse is too big and things are always broken or being repaired. The monthly fee is too high for what you get. I will be moving long before the 23 years I lived at my prior HOA.
- Carol (Resident/Homeowner)|December 12, 2014We have be residents at Stonebridge for over three years, and I still can not get over how friendly EVERYONE is here. The best neighbors in the world! Before deciding to move I was worried that living in a 55+ community would be like "high school", but was I ever wrong. My neighbors and friends are there for me when there's something going on, yet I have no problem striking out on my own. It's really been a joy.
- Don (Resident/Homeowner)|December 4, 2014Just moved in and love our new home. Activity director at the clubhouse has been very helpful. Everything has been fine with house and appliances. People we have met so far have been very friendly. Great place for long walks. Farm land and larger homes surrounding the site so area looks safe from overdevelopment. New Monroe senior center is right up the street and we are convenient to major highways which is great especially since turnpike completed the widening project.
- Resident (Resident/Homeowner)|November 29, 2014Loving life here at Stonebridge, it's a wonderful, well kept community with terrific residents and beautiful homes and grounds.
Does anyone think it strange that Stonebridge is the ONLY community on the 55+ website that is blighted by a couple of disgruntled residents????
- A&J (Resident/Homeowner)|November 22, 2014We were in the first round of couples to move into Stonebridge. Looking for a supportive, active community with amenities, was our goal. We have been living here for 8 years and love it. Sure, little things come up but that happens anywhere. We love our life here, have made many friends and enjoy the many activities we are involved in. No builder is perfect. The houses are beautiful and you cannot find a better group of residents. For the complainers, please GROW UP!! Smell the roses while you can!!
- Pat B.(Resident/Homeowner)|November 22, 2014My husband and I moved to Stonebridge over 6 years ago and we are very happy here. Our home is roomy with a convenient layout. We have met many nice people here and enjoy using the clubhouse, especially the indoor pool. The move here has been a good one.
Having come from Basking Ridge, we find shopping much more convenient here and the easy access to the shore is so much fun.
Reading some other reviews, I don't think it is a fair knock on our community to complain about spiders and wind. It is windy all over Monroe because it is a flat, open area. This is our second experience with new construction and spiders, crickets, etc. are part of the deal when ground Is disturbed for new construction. All of that subsides after a while.
- A happy Stonebridge resident (Resident/Homeowner)|November 21, 2014I have been a resident of Stonebridge for 6+ years and felt compelled to respond to several of the comments posted. Lennar offers many different floor plans that are well priced and include things that other builders nickel and dime you for such as rocker switches, recessed lights, fireplaces and more. The people here are wonderful, friendly, caring and understand the meaning of the word neighbor. Shows have been excellent and well attended. The area is quiet without lots of fast food restaurants, big box stores and traffic.
To the person who posted last...you saw the quality you were buying and you saw the area before you bought. There are higher end stores and restaurants but they are not around the corner. When you get 500+ people together in a room for a show, they may make some noise and even sing along with the entertainer because they are enjoying themselves. Dust and insects are a temporary problem due to construction. Yes, there may be issues with your house after you move in but that happens with every builder. None of them are perfect. I hope you will have a better experience with your next home.
- C. D.(Resident/Homeowner)|June 6, 2014My husband and I live in Monroe's Stonebridge but we are searching for a new community to move into. I feel compelled to provide a more realistic description of the Stonebridge community than the one advertised on the Lennar website. I hope people searching for a 55+ new home will be able to get a better idea of what Stonebridge is really like in case it may save them the frustration we felt after moving in. I wish someone living in Stonebridge had posted some honest information before we bought.
The immediate attraction of the Stonebridge houses is obvious: brand new, spacious homes. There are also some obvious drawbacks: no choice in selecting granite, tiles, cabinets, or carpet, and a lack of close-by restaurants, stores and other attractions. We were aware of these things when we bought our house. But it is what we didn't expect that was so disappointing.
We found the homes and lifestyle were not anywhere as appealing as what they advertise. Lennar seems to try to present a much more glamorous and rich image than what they actually offer, with workmanship that is pretty at first glance but soon proves to have a variety of problems when you move in.
The homes, in our estimate, are of lower-end construction. We have had problems with cracked and warped walls, flaking paint that rubbed off if you brushed against it, missing caulking around tiles, fake-wood floors that scratch easily. Many of the residents we speak to have had similar problems. The bath and kitchen tiles look like the cheapest ones you see in Home Depot. The carpet is of the lowest quality and doesn't seem to have any pad under it. When we called for repairs (to their poor workmanship) during the first year here, when they did make them we were told they are done "as a courtesy to the homeowner". We do not consider repairing poor workmanship a "courtesy", we believe it is an obligation! It was all too obvious that the representatives Lennar sent to homes to check regarding repair calls had been given the directive to have Lennar accept no blame for any poor work.
Some neighbors have had even more serious problems in their new homes with plumbing, electricity, leaking roofs and especially dangerous, some fireplaces going on by themselves! After the one-year warranty, most repair costs are not covered by Lennar. Construction of new houses here is moving at a faster and faster pace so we expect problems in the newest houses will only get worse.
Other than the house itself, the property has its own problems. There is a nearly constant wind in the area and it covers the houses with dust so we have to have power washing and window cleaning done regularly. The wind blows so hard sometimes that it blew our patio furniture off our patio occasionally so we had to anchor the furniture with sandbags!
The garden soil is solid clay and impossible to plant in. We often see some ponds with floating plastic bags and other garbage that stays for days or even weeks. Some ponds are currently covered with algae that in addition to being unsightly also looks like mosquito breeding grounds. (By the way, there are very large scary looking spiders all over this area, and they do get inside the houses!) Instead of responding to residents' complaints, the management company that is supposed to be responsible for the common grounds has a nonresponsive, confrontational and often very nasty relationship with residents.
Entertainment wise, we have attended many clubhouse events since there is very little else in the immediate area, but events are few and pretty run of the mill. At concerts the noise level of groups of people talking loud all during the concerts makes it impossible to hear much of the music or singing.
So when you see the appealing Lennar ads and visit the beautifully decorated model homes at Stonebridge, also be aware of the real deal here as you compare Stonebridge to other communities.
Frustrated with Stonebridge
- Betty D.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 15, 2013I did a lot of research before purchasing a home in an adult community, and I'm very happy with my home. True, there isn't fine dining right down the street, but in exchange we have peace and quiet in a beautifully maintained community. I'm really happy with the location so close to the highway so we can easily visit family and friends.
- Ann S.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 7, 2013Buyer Beware!
Stonebridge is ALL about giving great first impressions: large clubhouse, large houses with large windows, pools, etc - but after 2 years we have found the quality of our house and appliances get low grades. Its "largest clubhouse in NJ" is a lot of empty, unused space - but, yes it IS large. The indoor pool was closed ALL last winter - supposedly from hurricane damage - but why did it take so long to repair? The small movie theater was closed for months last year because of a mold condition - wand was also very delayed in being repaired.
There is no cafeteria or food service of any kind. The outdoor pool doesn't have enough chairs - we ended up having to bring our own!
The "entertainment" offered is infrequent and sadly of a very amateur nature - it will not satisfy anyone who enjoys attending professional events.
There is plenty of very basic shopping (chain stores and restaurants) available within 12 miles, and lots of pizza and Chinese takeout close by (nothing is walkable) - but nice restaurants are farther away accessed by dark roads.
Stonebridge has been a major disappointment.
We were hoping Stonebridge would be a wonderful, active retirement community for us where we would have no or little house repair and would have easy access to a variety of entertainment - but we feel our retirement money has been very poorly invested here.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|September 7, 2013We've been here at Greenbriar Stonebridge since 2009 and absolutely love it! The clubhouse is so beautiful and we like that the community is gated for privacy. Everything is really well maintained and we enjoy using all the amenities. Our house was a great deal and we've only made a few minor changes like new carpets in the bedrooms and we had our kitchen cabinets painted.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Stonebridge. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Stonebridge has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.