Active adult living doesn’t have to cost a fortune. In fact, plenty of 55+ communities offer attractive homes for a very affordable price. Some may even say they’re downright cheap! In this instance, cheap is used in the financial sense, yet in reality, these communities are priceless in terms of their world-class amenities and exciting lifestyle affording wonderful experiences and friendships.
From coast to coast there are fantastic options for active adult living on a budget. In the typically higher priced state of California, retirees can afford resort-style living at Sun City Apple Valley or Four Seasons at Hemet. Each community boasts an impressive collection of high-end amenities with single-family homes starting in the mid $100s.
Arizona is one of the country’s most popular retirement destinations with wonderful options for budget-friendly living. The original Sun City is one of the most well-known and affordable 55+ communities in the country with homes available well under $100,000. Sun City residents enjoy an endless offering of amenities including seven recreation centers and 11 golf courses. Robson Ranch is a newer development in Arizona offering magnificent country club living with homes priced from the mid $100s and open to residents as young as age 40.
Close by in Nevada, homeowners can enjoy the glitz and glamour of living minutes from the Las Vegas Strip at Sun City Aliante or Sun City McDonald Ranch. Both of these Del Webb developments offer exceptional amenities and a vibrant social lifestyle, not to mention homes priced from the low $100s. Affordability is abundant at both of these Del Webb 55+ golf communities.
Retirees in search of enjoying the Sunshine State of Florida will be pleased with the endless real estate options priced within budget. Along the Gulf Coast and throughout Central Florida there are exciting active adult developments such as the sprawling On Top of the World community in Ocala and the smaller scale communities of Reflection Lakes in Naples and Southshore Falls in Apollo Beach. Each offers single-family or attached home options with prices in the reasonable $100,000 range.
Other impressive budget-friendly destination 55+ communities include Lake Providence in Tennessee, Del Webb at Lake Oconee in Georgia and Jubilee at Los Lunas in New Mexico. With so many price-conscious options, it’s easier than ever to create the ultimate active adult lifestyle without breaking the bank.
The following 25 Cheap Active Adult Communities all offer exceptional amenities, exciting lifestyle activities and affordable homes. While it’s impossible to feature all of the great communities that potentially fit into this category, these 25 will give you a good start on finding an affordable active adult community. Communities listed in no particular order.
- Sun City – Sun City, AZ
- Sun City West – Sun City, AZ
- Robson Ranch – Eloy, AZ
- Continental Ranch Sunflower – Marana, AZ
- Sun City Apple Valley – Apple Valley, CA
- Four Seasons at Hemet – Hemet, CA
- Solera Diamond Valley – Hemet, CA
- On Top of the World – Ocala, FL
- Timber Pines – Spring Hill, FL
- Plantation at Leesburg – Leesburg, FL
- Highland Lakes – Leesburg, FL
- Reflection Lakes – Naples, FL
- Southshore Falls – Apollo Beach, FL
- Ocala Palms – Ocala, FL
- Sun City Aliante – North Las Vegas, NV
- Sun City MacDonald Ranch – Henderson, NV
- Hill Country Retreat – San Antonio, TX
- Del Webb Sweetgrass – Richmond, TX
- Del Webb Charleston – Summerville, SC
- Sun City Carolina Lakes – Fort Mill, SC
- Jubilee at Los Lunas – Los Lunas, NM
- Sun City Peachtree – Griffin, GA
- Del Webb at Lake Oconee – Greensboro, GA
- Village at Deaton Creek – Hoschton, GA
- Lake Providence – Mt. Juliet, TN