- Price Range
- Below $100k - Low $300s
- Home Types
- Single Family, Attached
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1973 - 2015
- Multiple Builders
- 13 reviews
Kings Point Overview
Kings Point is a gated active adult neighborhood in Sun City Center, Florida. The community enjoys convenient golf cart access to the retail and dining establishments in Sun City Center. This 55+ community has two private clubhouses, golf courses, and many wonderful activities. Despite the fact that this community is located within the greater Sun City Center area, it's not directly affiliated with the Sun City Center association. Kings Point has separate legal boundaries, different bylaws, and over 100 condo associations. While Sun City Center is primarily comprised of single-family dwellings, most units in Kings Point are attached villas and tend to be newer than units in the original area of Sun City Center.
Since construction began in the early 1970s, retirees from across the country have flocked to the community in search of a warm climate, an active lifestyle, and low-maintenance living. The region enjoys 300 days of sunshine a year and a mild three-season climate that makes outdoor activity possible nearly every day of the year. This active adult community is conveniently located near desirable destinations that include world-renowned beaches, the culture of Tampa, and the many attractions of Orlando and central Florida.
Kings Point Amenities
The surrounding area is very attractive to active adults, but the true draw is found behind the community's gates. A diverse lineup of amenities caters to the many socially active and fitness-minded residents. The main attraction is the 90,000 square-foot clubhouse that includes an indoor and outdoor pool and spa, exercise rooms, bingo hall, billiards, several hobby and game rooms, a computer room, and a cafe. The Borini Theater in the Kings Point Clubhouse is a large venue that showcases performances by well-known artists and Broadway productions.
Surrounding the Kings Point Clubhouse is a lawn bowling court as well as tennis, shuffleboard, and horseshoe courts. Kings Points newest venue is the South Clubhouse. This 28,000 square-foot facility includes some of the most sought after amenities such as a state-of-the-art fitness center, cyber cafe, several hobby and craft studios, and an outdoor resort-style pool. There are also volleyball, pickleball, and basketball courts adjacent to the South Clubhouse.
In addition to the amenities available in the community, residents may also use the many facilities at the Sun City Center South and North Amenity Campuses. The Sun City Center amenities offer more tennis courts, pickleball courts, bocce ball courts and a softball field. There is also a Community Hall, arts and crafts rooms, meeting rooms, another fitness center, and an indoor pool.
Sun City Center Florida is a golfer's paradise. In the greater Sun City Center area there are eight golf courses that offer 162 holes of golf. Three of these courses are located within the boundaries of Kings Point. The original 18-hole Kings Point Executive Golf Course was designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. Specter and is the newest course in Kings Point. It's an 18-hole championship course adjacent to the new South Clubhouse. For serious golfers, the courses offer several membership options for residents.
Kings Point Homes & Real Estate
Construction began in the early 1970s. Unlike the adjacent Sun City Center, which offers primarily single-family dwellings, Kings Point is almost entirely comprised of attached villa condos arranged in duplex configurations. Some of the resale homes include villas by Minto that offer modern floor plans and upgrades. Buyers can select from housing options that range from intimate 800 square-foot condos to more spacious units with nearly 2,000 square feet. All homes include covered parking that ranges from a one-car carport on older units, or one and two-car garages on newer homes.
Buyers searching for bargains will often find that older homes present the lowest prices, whereas newer homes or units with golf course and water views sell for a premium. There are over 100 separate homeowners associations in Kings Point and each association has its own rules and regulations. While all homeowners own their units, most of the land in in this community is considered common.
Depending on the association, monthly homeowners dues vary. The fees include full use of recreational amenities (excluding golf) as well as exterior building maintenance, insurance, basic cable, landscaping, trash removal, security patrol, and water service.
Kings Point Lifestyle
Residents enjoy a never-ending array of activities, classes, and events that ensure a fun-filled calendar 365 days a year. There are over 100 clubs and interest groups in the community that cater to the diverse interests of the community's residents. Whether your interests include sports, arts and crafts, cards, fitness, continuing education, traveling or simply socializing with friends and neighbors, there is something for everyone at Kings Point in Sun City Center, FL.
Kings Point in Sun City Center, Florida is located 25 miles south of Tampa. The community is conveniently located near I-75, making trips to surrounding attractions readily accessible. The region is renowned for its beautiful beaches, golf courses, and entertainment. Tampa is home to many cultural venues ranging from art studios to museums. There is plenty of great shopping and dining in the region and there are several professional sports teams that call the Tampa area home.
Residents might find that with everything accessible via golf cart, there are few reasons to leave the community. Most everyday shopping trips to the grocery store, pharmacy, banks, or restaurants can be accomplished without leaving Sun City Center. There are four large shopping centers in the community and a Super Walmart across the street. There are also ten worship centers in Sun City Center that offer Jewish, Catholic, and Protestant services.
Kings Point Amenities
Kings Point Clubhouse
The Kings Point Clubhouse is available to all residents of the gated Kings Point neighborhood within Sun City Center. Use of the facilities is included in the monthly homeowner's association fee.
- Clubhouse - 97,000 Sq. Ft.
- La Perk Cafe
- Fitness Center
- Men's and Women's Sauna & Showers
- Outdoor Resort-Style Pool
- Heated Indoor Pool
- Indoor Whirlpool
- Borini Theatre
- Cyberspace Room
- Atrium Room
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Model & Hobby Room
- Woodworking Shop
- Lapidary Studio
- Card Room
- Social Rooms
- Billiards Room
- Laundry Room
- Horseshoe Pits
- Floating Fishing Dock
- Internal & External Tram Services and Event Bus
Kings Point South Clubhouse
The Kings Point South Clubhouse is available to all residents of the gated Kings Point neighborhood within Sun City Center. Use of the facilities is included in the monthly homeowner's association fee.
- Clubhouse - 29,000 Sq. Ft.
- Spa Serenity
- Fitness Center
- Men's and Women's Locker Rooms
- Heated Indoor 4 Lane Lap Pool
- Aerobics Exercise Pool
- Resort-Style Outdoor Pool
- Palm Court Cafe with Outdoor Terrace
- Jubilee Hall Multi-Purpose Room
- Game Room
- Pottery Shoppe
- Stained Glass Studio
- Art Gallery
- Cyberspace Room
- 4 Tennis Courts
- 4 Pickleball Courts
- 44 Lane Shuffleboard Courts
- Dual Half-Court Basketball/Volleyball Court
- Volleyball Court
- 10 Lane Lawn Bowling Greens
Community Association South Campus
The Sun City Community Association South Campus is available to residents of Sun City Center including Kings Point and Renaissance. Use of the South Campus is included in the monthly homeowner's association dues.
- Community Hall
- 10 Tennis Courts
- 4 Pickleball Courts
- 2 Volleyball Courts
- Horseshoe Pits
- Handball Courts
- Softball Field
- 1/2 Basketball Court
- 2 Fenced in Dog Parks
- Walking & Biking Trails
Community Association North Campus
The Sun City Community Association North Campus is available to residents of Sun City Center including Kings Point and Renaissance. Use of the North Campus is included in the monthly homeowner's association dues.
- Heated Indoor Pool
- Heated Outdoor Pool
- Hot Tub
- Heated Indoor Walking Pool
- Steamed Sauna
- Fitness Center
- Dance Studio
- Pottery Room
- Art Studio
- Rollins Theater
- Computer Lab
- Billiards Room
- Shuffleboard Courts
- 3 Lawn Bowling Greens
Kings Point Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Kings Point. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Aerobics Classes
- Amateur Radio
- Americans of Italian Heritage
- Friends of Italian Culture
- Art League
- Art & Drawing
- Blood Pressure Screenings
- Chess Players
- China Painting
- Music Appreciation
- Creative Writers
- Dance (several types)
- Doll House Miniatures
- Finance Class
- Fitness Classes
- Hand and Foot Card
- Neuromuscular Support
- Jewish Club
- Baby Boomers
- Discussion Group
- Lawn Bowling
- Mah Jongg
- Mature Driving Class
- Model Railroad
- New Englander's
- New York
- Pelican Players
- Piano Quartet
- Pong Pong
- Pod and Reel
- Security and Safety
- St. Louis Social
- Stain Glass
- Stroke Support
- Table Tennis
- Taoist Tai Chi
- Decorative Art
- Wood Shop
Price Range: Below $100k - Mid $300s
There are a variety of attached homes built by previous multiple builders. They range in size from approximately 800 to 2,000 square feet. All homes include covered parking such as a one-car carport or one to two-car garages. Please Note: Floor plans are not available at this time.
Duplex Villas by Minto
Price Range: Mid $100s - Low $200s
Minto is one of Kings Point's developers. These well-appointed duplex villas offer the latest desirable floor plans and modern conveniences craved by today's active adult buyer. They offer 1,360 to 1,862 square feet with two or three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
Paired Villas by Minto
Price Range: Mid $100s - Low $200s
Minto offers six paired villa models ranging in size from 1,565 to 2,163 square feet of living space. Each floor plan offers at least two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. Low-maintenance exteriors make these homes great options for active adults.View Floorplans
Price Range: High $200s - Low $300s
Minto offers two models in their Estate Homes collection. These two models range from 2,878 to 3,038 with three to four bedrooms, three bathrooms, and an attached three car garage.View Floorplans
Kings Point Reviews
- jane c.|November 24, 2018my parents bought in 1998 . My Dad knew the tram would binefit my Mom who couldn't drive and having had a stroke at 69 he knew or felt he would pass before her. He did in 2007. Mom lived another 12 years , she would be waiting for tram pick-up at 8:30 and return last at 4:30 only to leave again for evening pick-up her life was so full of all the events offered here. We always said Dad knew what he was picking when he chose This place for Mom. After 20 amazing years she passed at 91 years old and I have now become the owner. I shared five years with Mom and I can truly say this is a small peace of heaven.
- Marisela o.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 13, 2018My husband and I love it here. We moved here a few months ago and are really enjoying it. I love to invite friends to see our little paradise. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Love to see the different types of birds coming thru our yard. Everything is so clean. My husband gets home from work and does not have to go outside and mow the grass, trim the hedges or all the maintenance that goes along with owning a home. We already found a wonderful church to worship in. The people are so friendly there. We are so happy we found this place.
- Mary G.|May 11, 2018BEWARE!!!! BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! If you value your health, well-being, finances etc, Lived there for two years owning a condo. It was a nightmare. Hell on earth! Wild hogs completely destroyed yard around condo from 11/16 to 1/18 on at least 6 occasions. It was like a farm plow had turned over the land only add hog urine smell with it. Which you end up breathing because the dirt gets in the air and actually comes into condo when door is opened. The dirt, urine and filth cover lawn furniture , car and patio,
Condo, etc. Nothing was ever done to rectify this issue while I owned my condo! Ended up with respiratory illness from this. Also, mold issue there is horrific. It is everywhere. And Associations/ Federation etc, do nothing to clean it up. There are no fees assessed for not cleaning property. It is on the majority of condos , roofs, driveways, sidewalks, trees, streets, etc! The air in Kings Point - Sun City Center smells constantly of mold/ fungus! Could not open windows for breathing mold spores which got into Hvac ventilation system from opening front door. I ended up having to sell my condo due to severe mold illness. This also added to respiratory distress and use of inhalers. A good majority of people that live there are on inhalers! Hmmm healthy environment? It was no longer a safe environment in which to live. You have to buy bottled water or pay $1000’s for a filtration system due to horrific tap water. Unless you like cloudy black tea with odor!. I lived before the bridge , as they call the poor section , but I had one of the highest HOA fees which covered much of nothing due to HOA having two replace roof because of incompetent board members hiring non-licensed or bonded roofers. I needed melting/warping siding replaced, because they supposedly painted it wrong color, And my yard re-landscaped because of hogs wihich I might add caused even more issued to the structure of condo, along with other issues which I ended up paying for. Nothing was done, Then there are the volunteer rescue emergency squad and Hillsbororough County fire and rescue paramedic squad blasting their excessively loud sounding sirens constantly 24/7 day and night throughout Kings Point and Sun City Center, regardless if there is traffic or not. And last but not least, If you are not the “Nurse or Purse” or if you live before the bridge, in the poor section, and are asked “ where do you live” you will be discriminated against! THINK TWICE before buying-renting in Kings Point!
- Laura C.|February 15, 2018Wonderful place to live in the heart of shopping areas, filled with amenities - something for everyone!
- my n.|December 31, 2017Great place to live butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt the HOA are almost in the 500.00 this year, in one year will be about 600.00 a year and i have a question: what for?
First service staff are rude. This place has a ba taste in my mouth, i would stay away.
- Joseph P.|March 18, 2017Clubhouse with a bar?! Sign me up. Great location in the heart of sun city center. Affordable homes!
- Deb E.(Resident/Homeowner)|December 25, 2014The best--any opportunity you could think of. The people are the friendliest. I have been here a month and still have not heard one resident complain about a single thing. Love it Love it Love it
- Darlene and Rich Bombardier (Resident/Homeowner)|November 1, 2014If there were more then 5 Stars we would rate this place higher! We never imagined the day we drove through the Front entrance what beauty and awesomeness would be brought before our eye's! This place is like a Paradise Resort, with lot's of beautiful Lanscaping! We moved here a year ago and also could not believe that we could afford to live here. We were so happy to have found our "Forever Home" and look forward to many great fun years here. The Pools are great and the Jacuzzi's are a way to find yourself some pure relaxation and comfort to your body. There is so much to do here, that if you are bored it is your own fault. So many people to meet and Club's to join and to many more things to list. Being able to drive your Golf Cart all over the place is an added bonus! You have to come see it all for yourself. We thank God everyday for sending us to this wonderful place and having two great Sales people that went out of their way to help us find our "Forever Home"! As they say we are now "Home Sweet Home"!
- Bob and Rose-ellen (Resident/Homeowner)|August 16, 2014Never in our wildest dreams would we believe that we could live in such a wonderful place. We bought here in 2000 and have never regretted one moment. Driving through Kings Point in our golf cart, we can enjoy all the outstanding landscaping throughout this huge community. It looks like a tropical botanical paradise everywhere you look. The beautiful pools are a wonderful place to exercise, meet new friends, and relax. There are actually 3 heated outdoor pools and three indoor pools, including an unusual resistance exercise pool. We have sauna, steam rooms, hot tub spas. Every club imaginable. If there isn't one, you can start one! Fitness, dancing, cultural, music classes are provided by professional instructors, mostly for free. All I can say is, we must have done something right to deserve to live here.
- Milton W.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 24, 2013I am a new resident and am very impressed with the community. In particular, my wife and I wanted very nice indoor and outdoor swimming pools and lots of activities. Kings Point has two very large, heated outdoor pools and two large indoor pools. There are about 200 clubs. Transportation is provided such that a car is not necessary. If you choose to own a golf cart, it does not require a state tag. You can go to grocery stores, doctor offices, and the hosptital in a golf cart. There are 7 golf courses Sun City Center. Trips in vans are available to many local events including professional ball games and plays. There are 2 clubhouses with the larger being almost 100,000 SF and has a huge auditorium. Professional entertainers are scheduled. We are next to a state park with canoeing and kayaking. There is more, but this gives you a good idea.
- Elaine K.(Resident/Homeowner)|July 7, 2013Our recent purchase of a condo in Manchester IV was a dream come true. As recent retirees from the teaching profession, we always wanted a second home in Florida especially on the Gulf Coast. By passing the cold winter month was always a major goal. Sun CIty Center met and exceeded our needs both in location and amenities.
Our agents are 5 star real estate agents. Going far beyond normal duties to close in 30 days after signing the contract. Our new neighbor on the left welcomed us this first day while our neighbor on the right provided a sit down lunch shortly afterward. The president of Manchester IV oversaw the installation of a humidistat while were back in Kentucky. Everyone we met seemed like old friends.
Looking forward to our first winter as snow birds this October. Hoping to be full time residents soon.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|June 15, 2013The homes at Kings Point are priced right and the social atmosphere is great! Between the two of us we've tried out more clubs than I can remember. Bingo, bowling, euchre, chess, pinochle, fitness classes and we're considering trying out a few new ones soon! There is always something happening and the neighbors are very warm and welcoming. We are really enjoying everything here and recommend it to all our friends.
- Donn and Vikke Keith (Resident/Homeowner)|May 11, 2013The first week we moved in there was a block party to send off the "snow birds" and everyone was quite welcoming. We are just ending our second week and so far we have: gone to the pool six times, been to Karaoke twice, played pickle ball, bought a golf cart, eaten at the club twice, auditioned for a play, put fifty miles on my bike and have more busy having fun than I thought possible.
Minto (the builders of our new home) have been very professional and responsive to a small number of concerns. My wife and I could not be more pleased.
The 55places.com web site was a life saver and our real estate agent, informed our decision making process. He showed us around and gave us the ground level local knowledge that led to our happy landing in Kings Point, FL. That is a long way from where we started in California.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Kings Point. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Kings Point has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.