- Price Range
- Below $100k - Mid $200s
- Home Types
- Attached, Single-Family
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1985 - 2007
- 26 reviews
Oak Run Overview
Oak Run in Ocala, Florida is an active adult community in the heart of central Florida. This established 55+ community offers reasonably priced resale homes and a robust lifestyle offering over 100 clubs and interest groups. Oak Run offers an ideal blend of expansive community amenities with a close-knit neighborhood feel. The community is located on Ocala's southwest corridor just off State Highway 200. This location puts homeowners just 30 miles to the Gulf of Mexico and 90 minutes to popular destinations in Orlando and Tampa.
Homebuyers looking for homes for sale in Ocala, FL will enjoy what Oak Run has to offer.
Oak Run Amenities
There is an expansive array of amenities available at Oak Run. Residents have plenty of options when it comes to indoor and outdoor recreation with a total of five different clubs.
The Palm Grove Club is Oak Run's 30,000 square-foot clubhouse that serves as the focal point for all community social and fitness activities. This state-of-the-art facility includes a multipurpose ballroom, fitness center, and catering kitchen. Outside, a resort-style pool and spa provide the perfect retreat on hot summer days.
The Island Club features three specialty pools including a lap pool, an aquacizing pool for water exercises and a lounge pool for residents who want to bask in the warm Florida sunshine. The clubhouse at the Island Club also includes a spa and a meeting room.
The Aqua Sports Club provides an indoor heated pool and spacious sundeck, giving homeowners plenty of room to relax.
The Orchid Club hosts an additional fitness center, card room, meeting room, billiards, arts and craft rooms, a ceramics studio, and a library. The Orchid Club's ballroom accommodates over 1,000 residents and hosts movies, plays, musical performances, dances, and more. The amenities continue outside as there is an Olympic-sized swimming pool, spa, and patio. There is also sports courts for tennis, shuffleboard, bocce ball, pickleball, as well as horseshoe pits and a sand volleyball court.
There are 18 holes of championship golf that wind through this master-planned community. The 18-hole Royal Oaks Golf Club is home to a 6,703-yard, par-72 course. The carefully designed and well-manicured course was built around mature trees and native vegetation making for a truly scenic setting. The Royal Oaks Golf Club also includes a unique 6-acre, 6-hole practice facility. Residents can purchase a golf or social membership to utilize the clubhouse, restaurant, pro shop, and golf course.
Learn more about the amenities offered at Oak Run here!
Oak Run Homes & Real Estate
Decca constructed 3,509 attached and single-family homes in Oak Run between 1985 and 2007. All of the new construction homes have been sold but an ever-changing lineup of pre-owned resale homes are available for sale. Homebuyers can choose from single-family and ranch duplex homes available in over 20 unique floor plans.
The single-family homes come in 20 distinct models that range from 1,112 to 2,275 square feet. These homes have two or three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached one or two-car garage. Every home throughout the community offers single-level living and open-concept designs. These options make Oak Run an ideal choice for those looking to downsize without losing out on thoughtful design features and amenities.
Learn more about the models offered at Oak Run here!
Oak Run Lifestyle
Members of the Oak Run community enjoy living an active lifestyle. The community is home to an on-site activities director that works to ensure that residents have a vast selection of clubs and activities to take advantage of. Some of the activities offered at Oak Run include biking, tennis, golf, crafts, cards and dancing. There is also a calendar filled with events, club meetings, and classes.
Learn more about the lifestyle offered at Oak Run here!
Ocala, FL Area
The area around Oak Run Florida has a lot to offer. Located off of Highway 200, southwest of Ocala, Florida, residents enjoy easy access to many of central Florida's favorite destinations as well as daily conveniences.
Grocery stores such as Publix, Save A Lot, ALDI, and Sam’s club can all be found within 20 minutes. Pharmaceutical needs can be met at Walgreens and CVS.
Oak Run is also close to several health care providers, such as Heart of Florida Health Center, Ocala Family Medical Center, and AdventHealth TimberRidge.
When homeowners are looking for dining and entertainment options, they can travel along State Route 200 which leads to several restaurants, bars, and shops. Additional attractions in the area include Cedar Lakes Woods and Gardens, GatorWorld Parks of Florida, and the Appleton Museum of Art.
Those who want to take advantage of nearby nature have plenty of options. Parks and greenspaces such as Ross Prairie State Forest, Rainbow Springs State Park, and Liberty Community Park. Golfers can tee off at courses like The Preserve Golf Club, Candler Hills Golf Course, and Stone Creek Golf Club.
Residents who want to visit metropolitan areas are in luck as Oak Run is just over an hour from Orlando. When it comes to long-distance travel, Ocala International Airport is just 16 minutes away.
Oak Run Amenities
The Island Club features the following amenities:
- Island Club
- Meeting Room
- 3 Outdoor Pools & Spas
- Outdoor Patio
Palm Grove Club
The Palm Grove Club offers the following amenities:
- Palm Grove Club
- Palm Grove Fitness Center
- Multipurpose Room
- Catering Kitchen
- Outdoor Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Patio
Aqua Sports Club
The Aqua Sports Club offers the following amenities:
- Heated Indoor Pool
The Orchid Club offers the following amenities:
- Orchid Club
- Fitness Center
- Game Room
- Card Room
- Meeting Room
- Billiards Room
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Ceramics Studio
- Outdoor Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Patio
- 4 Tennis Courts
- 2 Pickleball Courts
- 6 Bocce Ball Courts
- 16 Shuffleboard Courts
- 8 Horseshoe Pits
- Sand Volleyball Courts
- Walking & Biking Trails
Royal Oaks Golf Club
The Royal Oaks Golf Club offers the following amenities:
- Royal Oaks Golf Club
- Pro Shop
- 18-Hole Championship Royal Oaks Golf Course
Oak Run Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Oak Run. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Aquatic Walkers
- Baby Boomers
- Ballroom Dance
- Bible Study
- Bridge (Fri Night)
- Bridge (Thurs AM)
- Can't Help Singing
- Canine Club
- Card Crafting
- Chorus Line
- Country Western Dance
- Country Western Line Dance
- Cultural Folk Dance
- Duplicate Bridge
- Friends of the Library
- Fun Games
- FYI Show
- Gabby Group
- German American
- Golf Exercise
- Hand & Foot
- Irish American
- Jewish Social
- Kitchen Band
- Line Dancing
- Little Theatre
- Lucky Iowan's
- Mah Jongg
- Needle Crafters
- New England
- New Jersey
- New York
- Newbie Computer
- Non-Smoking Bowling
- Number 1 Bowling
- Penny Poker
- Reach Out
- Red Hat Society
- Renaissance Woman
- Rishe Golf Assn.
- Science Fantasy Society
- Shooting Sports
- Showcase of Stars
- Southern States
- Super Bowl Party
- Table Games
- Table Tennis
- Tai Chi
- Upper Midwest
- Upstate New York
- Veterans Association
- Watch Our Weight (WOW)
- Water Exercise
- Way Off Broadway
- Women's Golf Assn
- Young Friends
Price Range: Below $100k - High $100s
The duplexes in Oak Run come in four models that range from 1,049 to 1,489 square feet. These homes offer two or three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
Single Family Homes
Price Range: Below $100k - Mid $200s
Single-family homes range from 1,112 to 2,275 square feet of living space with two or three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached one or two-car garage. Residents love these homes for their open floor plans and convenient single-floor living.View Floorplans
|Model Name||Sq. Ft.||Beds||Baths||Garage|
|Doral||1593||2 + Den - 3||2||2|
|Lexington||1597||2 + Den - 3||2||2|
|Seville||1641||2 + Den - 3||2||2|
|Capistrano||1665||2 + Den||2||2|
|San Antonio||1730||2 + Den - 3||2||2|
|San Marino||1768||2 + Den - 3||2||2|
|Portofino||1784||2 + Den - 3||2||2|
|Monte Carlo||1979||2 + Den - 3||2||2|
|Monaco||1982||3 + Den||2||2|
|San Sebastian||2082||2 + Den - 3||2||2|
|St. Tropez||2223||2 + Den - 3||2||2|
Oak Run Reviews
- Linda L.|June 8, 2020I read the complaints and this is what I think: I will give Oak Run a 4. Only because I can't find perfection on this earth. Oak Run has the best bang for your buck --- period. The taxes are pretty low, the HOA is really really low for all the amenities and the cost of the houses are a pretty good deal. They have been updating gym equipment, (how about the new rowing machines - I love those!). The high speed internet has just been updated and is available (thank God and the Oak Run owner). The Palm Grove pool was just upgraded and beautiful. Currently the Orchid Club pool is being upgraded. I don't see the community as "cliquish". Some might be, just not the groups I am a part of. I would tell the person that thinks they are cliquish to try out some other groups. There are certainly a lot to choose from and certainly a lot of nice people. You find cliques everywhere you go and I think they are in the minority at Oak Run. If a tree is hanging over your roof, it's probably on your own lot that's owned by you. Why wouldn't you pay the maintenance for your own tree? If your neighbors tree is hanging over your lot, than you have an issue with your neighbor. As for the "sink hole" - it was indeed a water line break and sink holes are a risk for the whole area. I believe they call it "sink hole alley". It's a risk you take by living in this beautiful area with all the springs and nature. There have been a whole lot more sink holes in The Villages, All of Florida has a risk for sink holes - better to live in another state if you truly want to avoid sink holes.
Here is my only complaint : For the most part the homes are maintained and everyone complies with the HOA rules. However, there are some homes that are not maintained and look dumpy - unkept yard, needs painting, etc. I don't understand why the rules are not enforced for all homes.
- Cynthia H.|September 8, 2019I agree with. "Jim. G" Oak Run works VERY hard at keeping our homes, streets, neighborhoods looking. GREAT! Water and Sewer bills? Check out the rates in other communities! Utility rates are set by the Companies that provide it no matter where you live in Ocala; we all pay the same rate for water. If you use a lot of water, such as doing a lot of laundry in older washing machines that don't save on water - your bill will be much higher. Newer machines use as little as 13 gallons of water for a full load. Old washers use at least 40 gallons per load of laundry! The more you use the more you will pay directly to your Utility Company. Oak Run has nothing to do with Utility fees; each utility company sets the rates. Many, many people migrate to FL every single day; keeping up with and providing water to a State that is blazing hot and not enough water is not an easy job and must meet Gov. requirements so we all have good, safe drinking water. People also WASTE so much water, unfortunately. Also, Floridians must water their yards 1-2. times per week due to the sun and heat, or they won't have a green yard - You will have DIRT!
If you want a lower water rate you need to live in a different State; not in Florida!
Oak Run is constantly updating, replacing, and maintaining our BEAUTIFUL Gated community and our Fees per month are unbelievably LOW for everything that Oak Run offers! Check out maintenance fees in other communities that are gated with Security 24/7 (and new state of the art technology for Oak Run will be up and running very soon! This will keep out people that do not belong in Oak Run, and we will be even safer than before. Other Gated Communities charge a LOT more for everything.
If a branch hangs over your lawn that belongs to Oak Run - give them a call! They will add it to their list of "more things that need to be done for YOU, the Resident. They are pretty fast to respond to numerous requests. Safety requests are the first to be handled promptly. If you want Oak Run to handle b something because you don't like the"looks" of it I doubt it is a priority to handle right away and you can call to discuss your issue. They will listen to problems and help correct issues that need to be attended to in a timely manner. Oak Run aims to please and help with issues.
People need to be thankful for everything we have here in Oak Run! We have one of the BEST, WELL-MAINTAINED GATED COMMUNITIES that you will find in Ocala with the MOST REASONABLE PRICES!
Yes, we have Complainers in our SENIOR Community because many Seniors do tend to complain more as they age, and can't be pleased no matter where they live. I don't know of ANY PERFECT COMMUNITIES that jump when someone says to jump! PATIENCE is needed in every aspect of life, no matter where you live. Oak Run Management aims to please and will do their best for everyone who lives here: if you have a problem - call, but don't be a CHRONIC complainer! We live in a beautiful community, so be grateful for what you have here in Oak Run. I know I am! Oak Run is a beautiful community to live in and I'm very happy to be able to live here!
- H C.|June 2, 2019Management does nothing to maintain large dead tree limbs hanging over roof of house. Expect homeowners to pay someone to maintain dead trees. HOV fees too high for restrictive use of amentities. Water and sewer bill is Astronomical!
- Cameron M.|May 31, 2019Really great community with lots to do. The clubhouse and fitness center is amazing. Close to shopping and restaurants. Would recommend.
- Jim G.|May 16, 2019I read some of these comments and I wonder where they live. I have been here almost 6 years, about 6 months out of the year. I recently had to sell my home due to health and move back to Tn. I always look forward to going to my Florida home. Very quiet and peaceful, wonderful neighbors and this place is very well groomed. I do believe that the negative comments are coming from people that would complain no matter where they live. My question, "Why are you still living there if conditions are so poor"?. You could sell your house for a nice profit and live somewhere else. There is always maintenance going on to improve the community. I remember a tornado coming through and there were crews everywhere the next day involved in the cleanup. I did not want to leave or sale, but circumstances were not on my side. Loved it there. Complainers, just move on or stop whining!! I wonder what you are doing to make this a better place. I do have one complaint. Get the cable and internet updated already
- Tracy A.|October 28, 2018My husband and I purchased our home in Oak Run 2 year ago as second generation homeowners. We couldn’t be more happier with our decision to buy here. Since then we have made wonderful new friendships as well as enjoying all of the great amenities and beauitful 18 hole country club golf course. We hope to Enjoy many years to come. Thank you oak run !!!!
- karen (Resident/Homeowner)|December 3, 2017amenities are expensive. not really seeing any updating being done. pools are very restrictive. if something is not working on grounds, they replace with something else (cheaper to maintain) instead of replacing. they have a 'resturant' bella cucina that is not being used ..could be convenience shore for residents (I would even be willing to handle it). 9 hour golf course closed and grounds not maintained ..dead property ...(such a shame) could be a park or walking area for residents instead of 'nothingness'. they have an area in back of pine grove that could be used for residents to enjoy music and games in evenings and weekends. but they do not use. and newest restriction ...no smoking in community ..they could at least give some area for smokers. golf course at pine grove is, of course, maintained and beautiful because that is where the money is from residents AND outsiders!... most people not that friendly, very 'clicky' and not willing to let new people join! many clubs but i have found little to join!
- Mara P.(Resident/Homeowner)|November 15, 2017Small, close knit community where, even when the "snowbirds" arrive, you can still gain entrance to the events and facilities available that you pay for through your HOA fees and not get shut out as happens in the MEGA COMMUNITIES LIKE THE VILLAGES!
- Gary (Resident/Homeowner)|August 12, 2017My wife and I have lived here almost two years. We have enjoyed the security and the facilities. There are minor issues but nothing that concerns me. We pay 306 monthly and that includes all facilities except golf. It includes yard and scrub care along with trash removal and irrigation. It also includes high speed internet that will run our computers and Netflix and Amazon without issues. The area has plenty of trees compared to most communities in Ocala. There are plenty of clubs and activities to join and keep you as busy. We love it here in Oak Run and in Marion county, horse country. There are 25 communities in Oak Run and they have different fees for different services depending on the neighborhood.
- Cindy S.(Resident/Homeowner)|August 12, 2017Well...my husband and I have been here over a year now and I'm happy to say we LOVE it!
I wrote a review when we first moved here and I can honestly say, it just gets better and better. If you can't be happy here...you probably won' t be happy ANYWHERE.
- Carol (Resident/Homeowner)|July 7, 2017I've been reading the reviews from 2017 and I could't disagree more with most of them!!! Not sure who these people are - the facilities are maintained beautifully, my husband and I see constant updating of all of them, new painting, new card tables and chairs, new fitness equipment replacing old when they break down, continuous replanting of new plants and removing of old landscaping material...this summer the main boulevard had flags representing all services in the Armed Forces and American flags flying. (My husband loved it) There is a walking path around the Island Club - no one uses it ever but it's nice. There was one big hole in the road about two years ago because Marion County pipes broke - so maybe that is the sinkhole the guy is talking about? Either way - my amenities fees are $ 149.12 a month and for that amount we get 24 hour security, the use and maintenance of all recreational clubs (4 lit tennis courts, 2 pickle ball courts, bocci, shuffleboard, 6 big pools (1 big heated one under roof), 5 spas, and the maintenance of all common areas, basic cable and one other thing I can't remember. We also get twice a week garbage pick up included in that price. Well all that to say -I don't know about you - but we think it's a great deal! (In all fairness we haven't been to a homeowners meeting mostly because we are super busy - and also they are known to be meetings where all the negative people who have gripes with the developer go - my husband just said with almost 7000 people who live here and no more than 50 people showing up to complain he would say if that's all the complaints they get ? that's pretty good) ANYWAY - all that to say - we LOVE it here!
- Joanie |June 11, 2017Do a search for sinkholes and you will find many here in Oak Run! Beware!
- John (Resident/Homeowner)|April 7, 2017Nice hood to live in Been here 5 years and unfortunately have watch it slowly go down hill.
Maintain homes not being care for as they should.
Equipment at gym does need updating
Pool equipment breaks takes forever to fix. Palm Grove hot tub down 2 weeks as of3/24.
Security well only for the ones who live here, got your tag can't put that on your house etc.
Look behind Crescent Oaks or Laurel Oaks it's a revolving door from outside community's into Oak Run.
We pay for amenities that do nothing to enhance the community but seem to enhance pockets of owners.
Go to homeowners meeting it's a waste of time- it's not in the budget, we are looking into it, or plain NO!
Should it break remove it if it needs repair Run it till it breaks then remove it!
Some people need to come out of the castle and see the hood as owners do! ??
- Peter (Resident/Homeowner)|March 4, 2017Great people, great friends. Reasonable price. Amenities getting a little dated. Facility needs some updating to meet the needs of us active seniors. No walking/bike paths, only 2 pickleball courts and the fitness equipment getting tired.
- Matt S.|December 20, 2016I think one of the biggest advantages to living here is that you actually have a nice sized lawn. The homes are a little older but everything is on one floor and doesn't feel cramped like some other places I have seen. Great place to live!
- Kathy (Resident/Homeowner)|October 2, 2016Agree with everything Pat said... People that live here are great. Wish those that manage the community would fix things in a timely fashion and " update" the common facilities ( like the gym which is antiquated )
- Cindy S.(Resident/Homeowner)|August 4, 2016My husband and I moved from Ft.Lauderdale recently to Oak Run. We had been to several of the "hot spots" with all of the amenities but nothing matches the beauty and affordability of Oak Run. We are in our late 50's and both of our remaining parents moved here as well! I liken it to a cruise ship wirh lots of a activities. You can do it all or do nothing and are never far from gorgeous , well maintained pools and fitness centers. There are clubs and dances...exercise and fitness opportunities....sports and did I mention the beautiful golf course? Nicest people in the world live here as well! Best kept secret!
- Pat (Resident/Homeowner)|July 14, 2016This is a poorly managed community. The common grounds are not well maintained. The exercise facility is not well maintained. Equipment is not repaired or replaced in a timely manner. There are other issues that residents complain about.
- Cindy & Johnny Binkley (Resident/Homeowner)|November 5, 2014We bought a house here last October (2013) We still have another home up north, but we come down here often. The people here are friendly and there are so many opportunities to get active and meet people. Kudos to the maintenance and pool people. We love to swim and the pools are always gorgeous and well maintained. Shopping, restaurants, etc. are so accessible. We don't regret purchasing a home in the beautiful Oak Run neighborhood.
- bernard s.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 14, 2014out of the heavy trafic ,Ocala is a nice place to retire, even on the weekends, restaurants are easy access. oak run goooooooood any way you look at it, afordable,well maitained ameneties are great.people of all walks of live are there to make you feel at home ; away from the snow.....i have been around ...this is good!
- bernard s.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 3, 2014Good place to be,nice people,the amenities are great....and for us canadians....nice and warm.
PS: the executive golf run being closed gives us a 4 star instead of a 5........let s keep hoping...
- Richard B.(Resident/Homeowner)|March 27, 2014This past year I purchased a home in Oak Run, across from the Island club. Not only did I get a great deal on the home I purchased, I have some great new neighbors. The amenities here are extensive and well maintained. Comparatively, the HOA fees are low as compared to other communities in the area. The only reason I don't give it five stars is that the actual homeowners do not own the HOA, it is owned by the developer and we are not privy to the financial stability of the HOA. Other than that, living in Oak Run is akin to living in paradise.
- Sandy (Resident/Homeowner)|March 24, 2014We got a terrific deal on a home in the "historic district" of Oak Run. By that I mean in the first neighborhoods built. There is plenty to choose from to do. People are friendly and if you are bored, it is your own fault. We visited many communities in our search for a FL home, and we feel we found the right combination of quiet and activity for us.
- Ruth M.(Resident/Homeowner)|November 20, 2013Great community
- Tom (Resident/Homeowner)|July 4, 2013This is a nice place. They have left a good deal of green space throughout the park so that many homes have a good view and a very private feel. After living in several other retirement communities in the Ocala area, Oak Run gets our vote for the best bang for the buck.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|June 20, 2013If you're looking for a good deal in Ocala this is the place. Lots of homes here well under $100k, they just need a little TLC. It's a good community for affordable living in a nice location with all your basic amenities.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Oak Run. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Oak Run has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.