- Price Range
- Mid $100s - Low $300s
- Home Types
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1995 - 2005
- JL Land Corporation
- 4 reviews
High Vista at Ridgewood Lakes Overview
High Vista at Ridgewood Lakes is a 55+ community located in Davenport, just 30 miles southwest of Orlando. A gorgeous two-mile entrance lined with lush palm trees, tropical plants, and colorful flowers greets visitors and leads residents home. This active adult community is home to Ridgewood Lakes Golf Course. In addition to the 18-hole championship golf course, residents find plenty of activities at the amenities center as well as social events and clubs.
High Vista in Ridgewood Lakes is surrounded by scenic lakes and wildlife preserves, but within minutes of everyday conveniences, such as major freeways, shopping, dining, and medical facilities. This gated community is also in a prime location that's close to coastal beaches for water activities. High Vista provides an opportunity for an exciting lifestyle and fun in the sun where residents can be as active or laid-back as they want.
High Vista at Ridgewood Lakes Amenities
High Vista at Ridgewood Lakes offers residents many activities to keep them physically fit and socially active. The 10,000 square-foot clubhouse has a fitness center where homeowners can stay in shape and afterwards they can relax by playing a game of billiards or head to the library to check out a favorite book. Homeowners can find a variety of areas to suit their needs including an arts and crafts room and card rooms. The ballroom is the perfect place for holiday gatherings and other large social events. The lounge is a great place to meet neighbors for a drink before heading outside.
The outdoor amenities include a swimming pool with a spa, six shuffleboard courts, two tennis courts, horseshoe pits, RV parking, an outdoor grill area, and plenty of walking trails. Residents can also join the Ridgewood Lakes Golf Club. The spectacular 18-hole championship golf course was designed by Ted McAnlis and features four sets of tee boxes for golfers of all skill levels.
High Vista at Ridgewood Lakes Homes & Real Estate
JL Land Corporation started construction at High Vista in 1995 and completed the community in 2005. There are now 623 single-family homes available on a resale-only basis. High Vista at Ridgewood Lakes features single-family homes designed to offer from 1,395 and 2,549 square feet of living space. These homes have two to four bedrooms, and two to three bathrooms. All floor plans offer at least two-car garages and some have golf cart garages as well.
Homebuyers can choose from floor plans in three collections, which include Classic Ridge, Traditional Ridge, and Vista series. Some examples of options and upgrades are granite counters, tile floors, irrigation systems, screened lanais, paver driveways, and hardwood floors. Some home sites in High Vista offer golf course or conservation views. Homeowners' association dues include 24-hour guard, cable TV, and lawn maintenance.
High Vista at Ridgewood Lakes Lifestyle
Residents of High Vista in Ridgewood Lakes can be as active as they like whether it's on or off the golf course. The clubhouse acts as a social hub, and there are numerous regular activities. Some of these are community choir, bingo, bridge, quilting, poker, tennis, golf, cards, and travel clubs. In addition, being close to Orlando and Tampa gives residents many choices to take day trips for cultural arts, entertainment, shopping and dining. Easy access to east or west coast beaches provides the opportunity for an exciting lifestyle of fun in the sun.
High Vista at Ridgewood Lakes is in Davenport, which is a prime location within Florida. It is only a 20-minute drive to Orlando, and a one hour drive to Tampa. Orlando offers a lot of things to do besides visiting Walt Disney World and the Magic Kingdom. Some noteworthy attractions in Orlando include Gatorland, John F. Kennedy Space Center, Harry P. Leu Gardens, Lake Eola Park, Orlando Opera Company, and Orange County Regional History Center. Some of Tampa's popular destinations are the Florida Aquarium, Museum of Science and Industry, Lowry Park Zoo, Henry B. Plant Museum, and Tampa Museum of Art. A short drive will take residents to the beaches on either the east or west coast of Florida. High Vista at Ridgewood Lakes is an amenity-filled community that's perfect for the active adult homebuyer.
High Vista at Ridgewood Lakes Amenities
The clubhouse has the following amenities:
- Clubhouse - 10,000 Sq. Ft.
- Fitness Center
- Catering Kitchen
- Craft & Meeting Room
- Card Room
- Outdoor Grill Area
- Heated Outdoor Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Patio
- 2 Tennis Courts
- 2 Bocce Ball Courts
- 6 Shuffleboard Courts
- Horseshoe Pits
- Walking & Biking Trails
- RV Parking
- Scenic Lakes
Ridgewood Lakes Golf Club
Ridgewood Lakes Golf Club offers membership options for residents to use the following amenities:
- Clubhouse - 5,000 Sq. Ft.
- Golf Pro Shop
- Golf Practice Facilities
- 18-Hole Ridgewood Lakes Golf Club
High Vista at Ridgewood Lakes Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in High Vista at Ridgewood Lakes. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Community Choir
- Duplicate Bridge
- Golf Groups
- Golf Ladies League
- Golf Men's Association
- Golf Travel League
- Mah Jongg
- Mexican Train Dominoes
- Mixed Cards
- Singles Club
- Water Aerobics
- Worship Service
Classic Ridge Series
Price Range: Mid $100s - Mid $200s
Single-family homes within the Classic Ridge Series range between 1,395 and 1,469 square feet. These homes have two or three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
Traditional Ridge Series
Price Range: Mid $100s - Mid $200s
Traditional Ridge Series homes offer 1,589 to 2,026 square feet of living space. They have two or three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $200s - Low $300s
Single-family homes within the Vista Series range from 2,060 to 2,549 square feet of living space. They feature spacious floor plans with three to four bedrooms, two or three bathrooms, and an attached two or two-and-a-half-car garage.View Floorplans
High Vista at Ridgewood Lakes Reviews
- Melody H.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 25, 2016I have lived in this community since 2004 and have nothing but wonderful things to say about Ridgewood Lakes. As my friends and family have come down to visit me, they decided they wanted to make High Vista their retirement dream as well. Having known Kathy Deabenderfer for many years and knowing what an outstanding realtor she is, I recommended my friends and family to work with Kathy. She sold them their houses and they are so glad they are residents of High Vista. They all commented on how Kathy was courteous, caring and highly professional. It makes me feel really good to know we have such an individual as Kathy living and working in our "little bit of Heaven."
- resident (Resident/Homeowner)|October 2, 2016Residents are not allowed to sit in Club house. Have to pay extra fee to use clubhouse. Events cost $50 or more per person.
Life is daily sweating in sun pulling weeds that constantly grow. People are in clicks that exclude others. Board waists residents fees on unnecessary things the Board wants, like new poker tables. Board is constantly harassing residents instead of helping them Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Residents do not have a say; board does whatever it wants. People are unfriendly. Golf course is for private paying members. Residents pay $900 annual fee to Master Assoc for maintenance of entrance. Have to get permission of Board to do anything on own property. Only good thing is volunteer shows movie 1x week.
- Connie D.(Resident/Homeowner)|January 25, 2013High Vista is a beautifully maintained community with really nice people. Many residents live here for the golf course, while many others live here because it's 20 minutes to Walt Disney World. The communities' homeowners association is involved, fair, and helps to ensure that property values are maintained in the market. There are lots of planned community activities, and a very nice clubhouse, library, and pool. We bought our home here in 2007 and are very pleased we did. Great community with a perfect location.
- Jo Ann Seabrease Parrish (Resident/Homeowner)|September 29, 2012I've lived in High Vista since 1998 and have loved every minute. You can be as active as you want to be. The best thing High Vista offers is the people. Fun, loving, giving and social. There are few communities that offer LOVE in such abundance. You can swim in the pool, play shuffle board, boci ball, tennis, do crafts, take trips, do ceramics, enjoy coffee on Wed. mornings with neighbors, use the library, work out in the fitness room or you can just relax. Many of our residents belong to the golf club and some sign up and go to different courses. You do what suits you best but it's here at High Vista. We have a little bit of Paradise and the saying is: "We are to blessed to be stressed."
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of High Vista at Ridgewood Lakes. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding High Vista at Ridgewood Lakes has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.