- Price Range
- Low $100s - Low $300s
- Home Types
- Attached, Single-Family
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1982 - 1998
- Multiple Builders
- 23 reviews
Timber Pines Overview
Timber Pines in Spring Hill, FL enjoys a spectacular location along the Gulf Coast in the Tampa Bay area. This beautiful gated golf community is open to residents aged 55 and better, and offers an impressive array of amenities. Golf enthusiasts will feel particularly at home with four golf courses, which total of 63 holes of great golf that will provide challenging and enjoyable play for any golfer, regardless of skill. Even non-golfers will appreciate the country club lifestyle, various amenities, and plentiful social clubs.
While there is much to do within this 1,400-acre community, there is more to explore in the nearby city of Tampa. From the Gulf Coast Beaches to Tampa's fine dining, shopping and recreational attractions, there is something for everyone at Timber Pines in Spring Hill, FL.
Timber Pines Amenities
Residents enjoy a wide variety of amenities. The Lodge features a ballroom, three meeting rooms, catering kitchen, library and an enclosed porch. The Residents Activities Center includes a fitness center, billiards room, craft room, meeting room, woodworking shop. The Country Club offers elegant and casual dining with an impressive hilltop view of the community's natural beauty.
Residents enjoy two outdoor resort-style pools and spas. This beautiful community winds between live oak and towering pines, with an abundance of natural open space and outdoor walking and biking trails. There are also eight lighted tennis courts, four covered shuffleboard courts, three bocce ball courts, and four horseshoe pits.
This active adult community also has a total of 63 holes of golf. Golfers of any skill level can easily find something to love about this course. The Grand Pines is an 18-hole championship course; the Hills and Lakes courses are both 18-hole executive courses; and the Highlands is a 9-hole par-3 pitch and putt course. This 55+ community also provides two well stocked golf pro shops and a driving range, putting green and two chipping areas.
Timber Pines Homes & Real Estate
The homes in this age-restricted neighborhood include both single-family models and attached villas. Each of these types of homes has their own lifestyle options, yet homeowners of either home type have access to all of the community amenities and common areas. Attached villas feature one to two bedrooms and one or two bathrooms. Some models include an attached one or two-car garage or covered parking space. Single-family homes come in a variety of designs and feature two to four bedrooms, two or three bathrooms, and two or three-car garages.
Homeowners who choose to purchase single-family homes are responsible for their own home and yard maintenance. This includes such responsibilities as yard care, pest control, landscaping, and the interior and exterior maintenance of the home structure. Residents who opt to purchase a villa, which is usually attached to two or more other units, enjoy maintenance-free living, but do pay a higher monthly homeowners fee to cover the cost. The nominal fee includes all exterior maintenance, both for the home structure and the yard.
Timber Pines Lifestyle
This active adult community offers a country club lifestyle that is ideal for golf enthusiasts. With its many golf options, Timber Pines offers something for golfers of any skill level. Yet are there are plenty of other amenities for non-golfers. The thriving community offers over 80 social clubs and has plenty of indoor and outdoor meeting space. Residents can meet indoors or on the enclosed porch. There is a full-time activities director available to help residents plan their activities or join a special interest group. As a fully developed community, Timber Pines enjoys the comfort of easy well-established management.
This 55+ community located in Spring Hill is within easy reach of Tampa. This cosmopolitan city offers many shopping, dining and cultural attractions, as well as an international airport and respected medical facilities. There is plenty to do within Tampa and the surrounding areas, including visiting the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches along the Tampa Bay coastline. Residents enjoy Florida's sunny weather with daytime temperatures that range from 89 degrees in the summer to 60 degrees during the mild winter months. Timber Pines has easy access to many major state and interstate highways, making it easy to explore the surrounding areas as well as a great place to call home in Hernando County, Florida.
Timber Pines Amenities
The Lodge is a multi-functional building for residents at Timber Pines.
- 3 Meeting Rooms
- Catering Kitchen
- Enclosed Porch
- 2 Outdoor Pools & Spa
- 4 Horseshoe Pits
- 8 Lighted Tennis Courts
- 2 Pickleball Courts
- 3 Bocce Ball Courts
- 4 Shuffleboard Courts
- R.V. Parking
- Walking & Biking Trails
- Scenic Lakes & Ponds
Resident Activities Center
Residents of Timber Pines enjoy a myriad of great amenities inside the Resident Activities Center.
- Resident Activities Center
- Fitness Center
- Meeting Room
- Craft Room
- Woodworking Shop
- Billiards Room
- Golf Pro Shop
- The Grand Pines 18-Hole Championship Golf Course
- The Hills 18-Hole Executive Golf Course
- The Lakes 18-Hole Executive Golf Course
- The Highlands 9-Hole Par 3 Course
- Driving Range & Putting Green
- 2 Chipping Greens
Performing Arts Center
The Performing Arts Center hosts professional and amateur acts for plays and performances.
- Performing Arts Center
Country Club of The Pines
The Country Club of The Pines offers casual and fine dining.
- 200-Seat Main Dining Room
- Casual Bar & Grille
- 2 Private Party Rooms
Timber Pines Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Timber Pines. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- AARP Driver Safety Program
- ADK Northern New York Club
- Anglers fishing
- Art Classes all media painting and drawing
- Baby Boomers
- Back Porch Pickers string instruments
- Ballroom Dancing beginning and intermediate
- Beth David
- Bible Study
- Bicycle Club
- Big Band
- Billiards League
- Book Discussion Group
- Bowling multiple days and times
- Brooklyn New York Club
- Canada Club
- Cancer Survivor Support Group
- Ceramic Classes
- Charity Fund
- Computer Club
- Democrat Club
- Exercise to Music
- Fun in the Pool
- Garden Club
- Global Travel Club
- Golf Singles Club
- Happy Singles Club
- Hellenic Club
- Indiana,Iowa,Illinois Club
- Irish Club
- Italian Club
- Jazz Dance
- Karaoke Club
- Korean War Vets Association
- Line Dancing
- Long Island New York Club
- Macintosh Computer Club
- Mah Jongg
- Maine Club
- Man to Man Prostate Cancer Group
- Maryland Club
- Michigan Club
- Micro Modelers (model airplanes)
- Model Yacht Club
- New England Club
- New Jersey Club
- Newcomers Etc. Club
- Nonfiction Book Club
- Ohio Club
- Online Residents Club
- Organ Club
- Pet Lovers Club
- Pickleball Club
- Pine Needle Quilters
- Republican Club
- Respite Care Group
- RV Club
- Scrabble For Fun
- Sew Whats Group
- Snowbird Club
- Stamp Club
- Stroke Support Group
- Table Tennis
- Tai Chi
- Tap Dancing
- Timber Pines Players acting group
- Timbertones singing and performing group
- TP Retired Professional Fire Fighters Club
- Trap & Skeet Club
- Twirlers Square & Round Dance Club
- Weight Watchers
- Western New York Club
- Wisconsin Club
- Woodshop Club
- YMCA Water Exercise
Price Range: Low $100s - Low $200s
The Villa Homes in Timber Pines are attached residences that feature one to two bedrooms and one or two bathrooms. Some models include an attached one or two-car garage or covered parking space.View Floorplans
Country Club Homes
Price Range: Mid $100s - High $200s
Country Club Homes are single-family homes that feature two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached one to two-car garage.View Floorplans
Price Range: High $100s - Mid $200s
Royal Coachman homes are detached residences that offer 1,405 or 1,732 square feet of living space. They have three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
Alexander Custom Homes
Price Range: High $100s - Mid $200s
These single-family homes range between 1,678 to 1,800 square feet of living space. They have two bedrooms, a den, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. The dens can be converted into a third bedroom for overnight guests.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $100s - High $200s
These single-family homes range from 1,691 to 2,021 square feet. They have two or three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
Price Range: High $100s - High $200s
Manor Homes are detached residences that feature two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a one-and-a-half-car garage.View Floorplans
Single Family Homes
Price Range: Mid $100s - Low $300s
There are a variety of single-family homes in Timber Pines. These homes approximately range from 1,779 to 2,373 square feet of living space. They have two to four bedrooms, two or three bathrooms, and two or three-car garages.View Floorplans
|Model Name||Sq. Ft.||Beds||Baths||Garage|
|Southampton||2 + Den||2||2|
|Stratford||2 + Den - 3||2||2|
|Rosewood||2 + Den - 3||2||2|
|St. Andrews||1812||2 + Den - 3||2||2|
Timber Pines Reviews
- Linda O.|August 21, 2018We bought our villa in Timber Pines three years ago and have loved every minute we spend there!
As snowbirds we couldn’t ask for more in resort style living!! Very tight security which we really appreciate! The golf is fantastic, the Grand Pines rivals any course in Florida!
The Country Club and Performing art centres far exceed our expectations, tennis facilities are fantastic, Water aerobics, yoga, power walking and pottery class are just a few things I take advantage of!
Did I mention the wonderful residents? We were instantly welcomed into our village and now feel very much a part of the community!!
Three of our friends visited and ended up buying!
I don’t hesitate to say TP is the best 55+ community I could imagine!!
- Mike M.|July 21, 2018Wow!! I can't say enough about Timber Pines! Millions of dollars in reserve and NO debt. Too many amenities to mention including free golf! All for $200 HOA per month. They are even planning to provide us cable and Internet for $40 per month, hard to believe, we have found Heaven on earth. My wife and I have lived here for 5 years as snowbirds, making the decision to sell our home in Ohio last summer. We now are permanent residents and could not be more pleased with our choice to buy here in Timber Pines.
- Wayne S.|July 18, 2018This is an update on a review I wrote when we bought a home in Timber Pines six years ago. I recall a resident back then telling me, "You'll love Timber Pines when you move here. And you will love it more every year." Truer words were never spoken! And my opinion of Mary Crouse as the best and most professional real estate agent has not changed either.
- Charlie T.|June 22, 2018My wife and i have lived in Timber Pines for nine years. We have friends that live in similar places and nothing compares. We are both very active within TP. This is a beautiful place, the staff is amazing and the grounds are keep in perfect condition. There are so many activities, clubs and committees. You will never be bored, my wife and i have made many friends and have had many new experiences.For our money this is the place to live!
- Judith E.|June 21, 2018We moved to Timber Pines in 2009. We found Heaven. The amenities here are unbelievable! If you are not active and happy here, it surely is not TP fault. We have made so many friends and are either golfing, playing Bocce, cards or enjoying meals together. And the best part is that we own and control it allllll.. Managed by and elected Board of Directors, Timber Pines has a hefty reserve and responds to residents growing wants and needs. You won't be surprised by unexpected assessments. We have been named the Best Suburban Community of 2018. Come find our why.
- KL D.|June 21, 2018We have lived in Timber Pines over 8 years and this community just keeps getting better and better! Our elected Board of Directors and management work very hard to keep all of the amenities in pristine shape, and we have lots of amenities! We have three 18 hole golf courses, lighted tennis courts, bocce courts, two swimming pools, snack bar, country club, performing arts center, billiard room, lodge, workout facility, wood shop, and more. Our residents are friendly and everyone takes pride in our community. We have numerous clubs and activities and I enjoy participating in many of them. Timber Pines is the best kept secret for retirees who are looking for an affordable and active community with excellence in resident services. Another plus is that we own all of our amenities and we are financially sound!
- Sharon S.|June 20, 2018I have been living in Timber Pines for 22 happy years. This community surpassed all my expectations in retirement living.
It gives you an affordable lifestyle with fabulous amenities which are kept up impeccably.
It is truly a gem!
- Bill & Joanne R.|June 20, 2018Been here over three years. Did much research on the west side of the state and visited 12 places. This is by far the best community. Secure, great amenities, a golfers heaven, wonderful country club, dances and /or concerts at least weekly. Tennis, pickle ball, pool, nice workout center, etc. The BOD and management is very receptive to concerns. Lovely place for active seniors.
- Bob J.|June 20, 2018Timber Pines is the greatest place on earth if you are retiring and want an active life style, great neighbors and great value. We are SO happy to have purchased here and look forward to many wonderful years! The members and staff are so friendly and accommodating, the golf courses are in fabulous condition, and there is so much to do! We absolutely love it and you would too!
- Ray w.|June 20, 2018I have been a resident of Timber Pines for 8 years We are the best kept secret in Florida. We have beautiful golf courses, tennis courts, pickle ball courts, and a wonderful Country Club. We have no debt and a very healthy reserve. I love living here and can say I have been in this area for over 30 years and would not consider living anywhere else.
- Kj M.|June 12, 2018We are thankfully in escrow to sell our lovely home we bought a year ago. We have a constant battle with rats . Timber pines admin just says , it is Florida there are rats. Not like this though. Dancing on the riif tops and eating though ridge caps to get in the attics. This is not just us. Our whole street is over run. They eat our golf bags and get in car engines and interior eating vital car components. Security is hit and miss. The I T department has our name as the previous owners obe year after moving here with a permanent list of visitors about 30 people long. We moved here with si much hope and excitement at the fabulous amenities and promises.
I am so glad to be leaving. This is not a good place. Beware.
- Gregory V.|April 17, 2018I recently purchased a property on February 1st. I couldn't be happier! I explained my requirements to my agent, Sarah Ambrose, and she arranged for me to look at several properties. I found one that met my financial and size requirements. I absolutely love Timber Pines! The people are very friendly and inviting. Of course, the primary draw for me was the golf options. I golf around three times a week. I also have eaten at the restaurant on site and attended a live musical performance on site. Looking forward to many years of "affordable country club living".
- Leonard R.|January 24, 2018We chose Team Crouse just to get things started for us - get to see some houses in the area. Everyone was so pleasant and conscientious - felt like I knew all three of them in no time. We were very pleased all the way around and they were very nice to work with in purchasing our new home.
- Hank T.|June 5, 2017Great active adult neighborhood! Golf course is nice and the clubhouses are always active! 55+
- Joseph M Kotow (Resident/Homeowner)|October 2, 2015I have lived here for over two years and Love it. The people are Great, very friendly and happy. The landscaping and common grounds are kept up Super. I agree with all of the other residents that commented on this review. I have lived in Florida since 1968 and this place is like a lost Diamond.
- Jeff (Resident/Homeowner)|August 6, 2015We did a lot of research before selecting which community was the best for us. We had quite a few criteria on our list of things that we wanted the community to have. It needed to be gated, 55+, a larger community (2,500+), fully developed, owned and managed by the property owners, a healthy financial reserve, no CDD, reasonable Homeowner's dues, more than one golf course, reasonably priced golf, close to the gulf, close to shopping, reasonably priced homes, not in a flood zone and good amenities. This place covered all of those bases. Golf is dirt cheap, for about $550 annually you can golf the two executive courses, The Hills and The Lakes as much as you want with an electric cart. The way golf works is like this: you pay a "trackage" fee to use your electric cart on the cart paths. As I write this review, the trackage fee was about $360 annually, plus tax. There is also a "registered golfer" fee of around $140 plus tax. Do you have to be a registered golfer to golf? Technically no, but if you are not a registered golfer, you cannot establish a handicap and you will not be able to golf in any events they have and there are many. You will want to be a registered golfer. Can you walk the course and avoid the trackage fee? Yes you can, (almost completely) there are some people who do it. God bless them. I consider myself young and in good health at 61, but I have no interest at all in walking these courses in the heat. There is a nominal fee to register your golf cart but not drive on the cart paths, I don't recall what it is but it is less than a meal out.You do, however have to walk the 9 hole Highlands chip and putt course. You can also golf the 9 hole Highlands chip and putt course for no charge at all. The driving range is inexpensive; $1 for 22 balls, $2 for 44 balls and $3 for 66 balls. A $2 bucket is about all I can hit before I tire out. The range never closes either. You buy an electronic key (for some nominal charge, I forget, but it's not much, $5 I think) and then you can load money onto it and get your balls from the dispenser anytime you want. The Championship course, The Pines is a private, fee course. Unlike some other communities, like Dell Webb, who open their courses up to the public, this course is completely private. The fee is quite reasonable given the quality of the course, anywhere from $12-$20 depending on time of day and season for 18 holes.
The amenities are nice. They have two pools with hot tubs located, one where the Championship Pro Shop and restaurant is situated and the other is at the Activity Center where the Pro Shop and starter building is for the Lakes course. The Activity Center, has exactly what the name suggests, the bulk of the activities; pickleball, tennis, bocce ball, shuffleboard, billiards, Arts and Crafts, Wood Shop, Workout Facility, Library, conference and game rooms, an all purpose banquet facility and a snack bar. The Administrative and Accounting offices are also in this facility.
Homes are very reasonably priced. If you are unfamiliar with sinkholes, you will want to read up on them. Hernando County is the sinkhole capital of Florida and Timber Pines is a sinkhole metropolis. I joke that there are two kinds of homes in Timber Pines; remediated (repaired) sinkholes and future remediated sinkhole homes. When we first looked here, they scared us to death, as we studied them and the remediation process, we began to embrace homes that were already remediated. We didn't want to have to deal with it and we didn't want to buy a home next to a remediated home because if the ground collapses, it surely isn't going to collapse under the home that has concrete piers poured underneath it already! We see a lot of remediated homes here, but we have never seen or heard of one actually collapsing. There is a lot of discussion on the street that much of the supposed sinkhole activity here comes from the fact that this was a timber farm and when they developed it, the just buried the big root balls and they eventually degraded and the soil around them collapsed. I don't know if that is true, but is surely makes sense.
The Security here is spectacular, although some would claim on occasion, overly zealous. They do carefully monitor the speeds on the roads. They are brutal at the entrances. You will not get in here unless you have business here. My son and his wife went to the tavern outside the gate one night. They came back at 12:08 am. Their gate pass expired at Midnight. They called us and asked if it was OK to let them in. They are paying attention.
They have lots of clubs and activities. I have yet to go, but I will definitely pursue the trap and skeet club as well as the anglers club. They have a 6 person golf scramble every Saturday that is fun with Ladies Day on Tuesday and Mends Day on Thursday that feature handicap oriented challenges.
I have one complaint with how they operate. It's a small gripe, but one that I find just inherently wrong. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday the YMCA takes over the gym until 1:30 pm. You can use the gym but you have to pay the YMCA an additional membership on top of your monthly dues (currently $190). To me, that is wrong! We, the property owners, own that gym. The YMCA does not own the gym. What gives our Board the right to lock us (dues paying members) out of the gym that we own and pay dues to use? I can see where they want to offer that service to residents, that's fine, but don't lock me out while you do it! I will work out right beside them without their help, thank you very much! When I ask why it is done that way, the response I get is "It's been that way for 20 years", well duh! That just means you've been doing it wrong for 20 years, that doesn't make it right! I will keep on this issue until it changes, just a pet peeve of mine, but look at the review as a whole, you just can't beat this place. It is a bargain on all scales. That is why we chose to live here and that is why my wife, as a realtor, chose to specialize in selling homes is here.
You won't be disappointed. Quite a few people refer to this place as a hidden gem. I have to agree.
- Dennis F.(Resident/Homeowner)|January 25, 2015We have lived in Timber Pines for 12 years and we are still smitten with all of the amenities and friendly people. Our Board of Directors and our employees do an outstanding job keeping our community is pristine shape. One of the neat things about Timber Pines is we own it all. There are no outsiders who have a stake in our community. If you can find a better place in Florida for the money we pay each month let us know. Timber Pines is the best kept secret in Florida.
- Betty D.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 27, 2014We just bought a home in Timber Pines which is an over 55 community in Spring Hill, Florida (approximately 35 miles north of Tampa). We loved it so much that within one month of ownership I convinced my best friend to buy a house around the corner from us, which she did! We've rented at The Villages on numerous occasions and at first considered buying there, however, we found it too pricey. Our house in Timber Pines was half the cost of one in The Villages and it possesses charm and character, something that the cookie cutter houses in The Villages simply have not got. We love the old growth trees in Timber Pines as well as our close proximity to the Gulf of Mexico. The Villages is far too busy and crowded from January to April. Take a look at Timber Pines, the amenities are gorgeous and the price is right. I can't wait to get back there this Fall!
- Diane (Resident/Homeowner)|February 7, 2014What a wonderful place to live ! People are all friendly and the community is top-notch with all the activities and opportunities available. The streets are lined with mature trees and it is peaceful and quiet. Living here is like living in a resort ! Definitely Florida's secret !
- Dieter & Irmgard Timm (Resident/Homeowner)|October 24, 2013We love it here. Our neighbors are so friendly and helpful. There are so many activities and clubs you could be busy all the time if you choose. Dining in the Country Club is great. We are always meeting new people. We highly recommend Timber Pines.
- Ray (Resident/Homeowner)|September 13, 2013More than I ever could have imagined. 4 golf courses, can play three of them free. These courses are all owned by the residents. Two large swimming pools, 8 tennis courts, golf driving range, 2 chipping and putting greens and much more. This community is gated and patrolled 24-7. Feel very secure here. Only 35 miles north of clearwater. Best deal in the state of Florida.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|June 20, 2013The golf here is great ... I golf at least twice, sometimes 3 times a week. When I'm not golfing I am either at the pool, out for a walk, at bocce or at the clubhouse. My wife stays really busy with her clubs (ceramics, scrabble, dominos and whatever else new she's trying out). It's been great to finally spend time doing what we enjoy with friendly people in a nice community. Wish we could have moved here sooner!
- DickB (Resident/Homeowner)|February 3, 2012Excellent community for 55 and over. Three golf courses, fully gated, performing arts center, country club, large meeting buildings, exercise center, extensive woodshop, many clubs and activities. Reasonable price at $160 per month for all amenities including free golf on two courses. All amenities including the golf courses are owned and operated by owners at a non profit basis. Just can not say enough good about this community.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Timber Pines. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Timber Pines has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.