- Price Range
- Mid $100s - Mid $400s
- Home Types
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1996 - 2007
- Del Webb
- 11 reviews
Spruce Creek Country Club Overview
Spruce Creek Country Club in Summerfield, Florida is a beautiful Del Webb 55+ community. The 3,250-home community includes state-of-the art amenity centers, 36-holes of golf and nearly 100 clubs and interest groups. Spruce Creek Florida has emerged as a popular central Florida community because it offers generous lot sizes, resort-style amenities and a great low-maintenance lifestyle in a desirable location.
Spruce Creek Amenities
This active adult community offers a rich lineup of amenities that cater to the many interests and hobbies of the community's residents. At the heart of the community is the Horizon Center, which was built in 1996 and later remodeled by Del Webb. This magnificent 32,000 square-foot clubhouse includes a grand ballroom with a stage, billiards room, two card rooms, computer room and a catering kitchen, and game room. Outside of Spruce Creek's Horizon Center is a resort-style pool, spa, covered lanai, six shuffleboard courts and five bocce ball courts.
The Lake Vista Recreation Area is a 14,000 square-foot clubhouse that features an indoor swimming pool and a state-of-the-art fitness center with weight training and cardiovascular equipment. There is a full-time facility director who creates programs for residents. Surrounding the Lake Vista Fitness Center is pavilion that's great for picnics, a softball field, scenic ponds, walking trails, a half basketball court and horseshoe pits.
This community has a third amenity center called Peninsula Park Recreation Area, which hosts a variety of outdoor amenities. The park includes an outdoor heated pool and spa, 12 pickleball courts, seven tennis courts and a sand volleyball court. There is a nature preserve in this 55+ community, plus there are miles of scenic walking and biking trails.
At the heart of this community is the Eagle Ridge Golf Club. There are four nine-hole courses designed by Terry Doss that offer unique challenges and gorgeous views. Players can hone their skills on the putting green or driving range. Classes are also available, and are complimentary for members of Eagle Ridge Golf Club. The course boasts that it is one of the premier golf experiences in central Florida. The club includes a golf pro shop and a restaurant called Toppers Tavern, which offers lunch and dinner Tuesday through Saturday and breakfast on Sundays.
Spruce Creek Real Estate and Homes
Del Webb's Spruce Creek Country Club has a rich and colorful history. In the early 1970's Monarch Properties acquired 930 acres and built an 18-hole golf course, a small clubhouse and several model homes. After several years of development, construction ceased in 1974 and the property sat untouched until 1996, when it was purchased by Spruce Creek Development Company. The original community center was demolished and replaced with a new clubhouse.
In 1998, Del Webb purchased the property and several adjacent parcels, making Spruce Creek Country Club into a 1,604-acre community. After acquiring the community, Del Webb made notable improvements that included remodeling the clubhouse, adding numerous amenities and increasing lot sizes. Del Webb also introduced 15 new single-family home models and later added more than a dozen additional models throughout the development of the community. Construction was completed in 2007. There are now over 5,000 residents and a wide variety of resale homes.
There are 3,250 homes in this community. Homebuyers can select from a variety of single-family homes that range from intimate one bedroom homes to luxuriously appointed three bedroom estate homes with golf course views. Home sizes range from 820 to over 2,800 square feet. Many of the homes include spacious great rooms and ample outdoor living space.
Spruce Creek Lifestyle
True to all Del Webb communities, lifestyle takes center stage at Spruce Creek Country Club Florida. A full-time activities coordinator is continually crafting a calendar filled with exciting events and classes. There are over 100 clubs and interest groups in Spruce Creek Country Club that include everything from tennis, pickleball and golf to sewing, woodworking and theater. There are also other fun clubs and groups offered for cards, arts and crafts, music, dancing, health and fitness, support groups and hobby clubs. Whatever your interests are, you will surely find other residents who share your passion for living life to the fullest.
Spruce Creek Country Club in Summerfield, FL is nestled right in the heart of central Florida. 200-year-old oak trees, pristine lakes and rolling hills surround the community. It is only 15 miles south of Ocala, the renowned "Horse Capital of the World." Ocala is also continually ranked among Money Magazine's "Best Places to Live" because of its mild three-season climate, scenic beauty, shopping, restaurants, medical facilities, and low crime. Spruce Creek's ideal location makes surrounding attractions readily accessible. The Gulf of Mexico is only 30 miles west and Atlantic coastal beaches are 90 miles east.
When grandchildren come to visit, places like Disney World, Universal Studios, the Kennedy Space Center, and Sea World are accessible in less than 90 minutes. Closer to home, downtown Ocala features great shopping and restaurants. Nearby places like Leesburg and Mount Dora offer a quaint small-town atmosphere along the shores of Lake Harris and Lake Dora. With plenty of nearby attractions in a great location, active adults are sure to be pleased with everything that Spruce Creek Country Club has to offer them in Marion County, FL.
Spruce Creek Country Club Amenities
The following amenities are available to residents:
- Horizon Center - 32,000 Sq. Ft.
- Game Room
- Grand Ballroom
- Meeting Room
- 2 Card Rooms
- Billiards Room
- Computer Center
- Catering Kitchen
- Outdoor Resort-Style Pool & Spa
- Covered Lanai
- 5 Bocce Ball Courts
- 6 Shuffle Board Courts
Lake Vista Recreation Area
Lake Vista Recreation Area provides all of the physical and recreational activities for residents.
- Lake Vista Fitness Center - 14,000 Sq. Ft.
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Aerobics Room
- Indoor Lap Pool
- Locker Rooms
- Massage Room
- Outdoor Spa
- Half Basketball Court
- Softball Field
- 6 Horseshoe Pits
- Community BBQ Grills
- Picnic Pavilion
- Scenic Ponds
- Walking & Biking Trails
Peninsula Park Recreation Area
Peninsula Park Recreation Area offers outdoor and sport amenities.
- Outdoor Heated Pool & Spa
- 7 Tennis Courts
- 12 Pickleball Courts
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Nature Preserve
- Walking & Biking Trails
Eagle Ridge Golf Club
Eagle Ridge Golf Club provides all of the golf amenities for residents.
- Eagle Ridge Golf Club
- Toppers Tavern
- Golf Pro Shop
- Four 9-Hole Golf Courses
- Putting Green
- Driving Range
Spruce Creek Country Club Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Spruce Creek Country Club. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- 2-bit Shufflers
- Alzheimer's Caregivers Support
- Angels on Request
- Arts & Crafts League
- Billiards (Ladies)
- Billiards (Men)
- Bocce Ball
- Book Discussion Group
- Bowling (Co-Ed)
- Bridge (Social)
- Buddies (Healthy Lifestyles)
- Cancer Support Group
- Club 36 Discussion
- Crafty Quilters & Needle Artists
- Del Webb Spruce Creek Flyers
- Diamond Dixie Cloggers
- Dolphinettes (Synchronized Swimming)
- Duplicate Bridge
- Eagle Ridge Ladies Golf
- Eagle Ridge Men's Golf
- Eagle Ridge Riders (Motorcycles)
- Everything & Swing
- Fountain Singers
- Fountain Squares (Square Dance)
- Fountain Woodcarvers
- German-American Friends
- Hand & Foot
- Happy Tails Dog Club
- Hearing Impaired Group
- Horizon Players
- Keeping in Touch (Help for Shut-ins)
- Ladies 9-Hole Golf Association
- Ladies Lunch Bunch / Sunset Diners
- Mah Jongg
- Metaphysical Group
- Model Yacht
- Moonwalkers (Walking Club)
- Nature Explorers
- Nine Hole Men's Group
- Par Nine
- Paula's Clown Alley
- Pay Me
- Rhythm & Notes (Dance)
- SCCC Horseshoe Pitching Assoc.
- Singles Group
- Spruce Creek Anglers (Fishing)
- Spruce Creek Country Club Car Club
- Starlight Dance
- Straight Line Dancing
- Table Tennis Association
- Tea-Quila Rose (Tea Club)
- Tree Climbers (Genealogy)
- Veterans Group
- Water Volleyball
- Waterbugs (Aquacize)
- Writers' Bloc
Price Range: Mid $100s - Low $200s
The Forest Collection offers the smallest single-family homes in Spruce Creek Country Club. These homes range in size from 820 to 1,968 square feet of living space with two or three bedrooms, one or two bathrooms, and an attached one or two-car garage.View Floorplans
Island Patio Collection
Price Range: Mid $100s - Mid $200s
Island Patio single-family homes range from 1,020 to 1,259 square feet. They have two bedrooms, one-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
Price Range: High $200s - Mid $400s
The Florida Classics offers single-family homes ranging from 1,239 to 1,576 square feet of living space. Each model has at least two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
Price Range: High $200s - Low $300s
Single-family homes range from 1,296 to 1,987 square feet of living space. They have two or three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $300s - Low $400s
Single-family homes in the Regal series offers models with two or three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. They range from 1,352 to 1,727 square feet of living space.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $300s - Low $400s
These single-family homes range from 1,668 to 2,077 square feet of living space. They have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. Some models feature a den.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $300s - Mid $400s
Pinnacle series offers homes that range from 1,748 to 2,807 square feet of living space with two or three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached two or two-and-a-half-car garage.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $300s - Mid $400s
These single-family homes offer the largest homes in the community with models ranging from 2,302 to 2,793 square feet of living space. They have great floor plans with two or three bedrooms, two-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached two-and-a-half or three-car garage.View Floorplans
Spruce Creek Country Club Reviews
- James S.|July 11, 2020HOA board is run by people that are scared to follow the state guidelines and make rules based on their own preferences, not the will of the residents. Sorry we moved here.
- Joseph K.|May 13, 2020Before moving here we visited and evaluated several different retirement communities. This is truly the BEST. Of course with 3,250 homes there is always those few that complain about everything, but most of the folks here are wonderful people, enjoying this great place. The management and HOA do a tremendous job maintaining our beautiful facilities and cost of living here. Check it out and compare and I believe you will find it to be a splendid choice.
- mary p.|February 23, 2020Management and HOA leave lots to be desired. Questionable ethics regarding expenditures and very authoritarian. Beautiful community however.
- Jack C.(Resident/Homeowner)|August 11, 2015We came to Florida looking for a winter home and eventually making it our only home. We really didn't know all the different possibilities there were but with help from 55Places.com we found a great home in a wonderful community. Absolutely 100% far above all other 55+ communities here in central Florida.
- Tom C.(Resident/Homeowner)|April 2, 2015Couldn,t be happier. Great place to live and the neighbors are wonderful. So much to do it is hard to decide where to begin. Great golf too.
- Dominick S.(Resident/Homeowner)|December 3, 2014We really love this Del Webb community. Convenient to every thing!
- Dan B.(Resident/Homeowner)|August 25, 2014After seeing properties in Spruce Creek Country Club we knew we found our new home.
- Kenneth J.(Resident/Homeowner)|January 27, 2014We needed to leave our southern Florida home near the ocean but were not aware of a 55+ community offering the amenities we wanted at affordable prices.
When I found 55Places.com I was so relieved to find a wide selection of communities filling our needs and at various prices we could choose from.
Thank You 55Places.com for helping us make a successful relocation.
- James W. Richards (Resident/Homeowner)|August 6, 2013This community has it all. It's beautiful, immaculately maintained, well-governed, has plenty of activities and has over 6,000 friendly residents. No matter what your sport you can probably find it here. Tennis, pickleball, golf, softball, sand and water volleyball, water exercise classes and bocce. We have 3 beautiful pools and 3 large hot tubs. One of the pools and a hot tub are located under roof at our fitness center. The HOA dues are only $121 per month and I feel that's a tremendous bargain as it includes manned security at both gates, 24-hour roving security, maintenance and repair of all common areas and amenities and twice-weekly trash pickup. HOA fees were $112 in 2006 and have only gone up to $121 in 2013. We have no debt there's never been a special assessment and there's money in the bank. I don't think that can be beat. Summers are long and hot but the winters are beautiful. Winter is the dry season, humidity is low and daytime temps usually get into the 70's. We do get a few nights with frost each winter but by 9am it's disappeared and the temps are rapidly warming. We're about 15 miles east of I-75, 10 miles south of Ocala and 6 miles north of The Villages. I love it here.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|June 21, 2013Spruce Creek is a wonderful place to call home! I enjoy being involved in lots of different activities, it keeps me young! There are plenty of options to choose from, lots of different clubs to join, daily activities and everything is very well organized. I go to the community center or fitness center nearly every single day. My calendar is full and I love it!
- A&W |June 6, 2013It is our little PARADISE on Earth
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Spruce Creek Country Club. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Spruce Creek Country Club has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.