- Price Range
- High $200s - Mid $400s
- Home Types
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2005 - 2010
- Levitt & Sons, Medallion Home
- 5 reviews
Cascades at Sarasota Overview
Cascades at Sarasota offers resort-style living for active adults aged 55 and better. This beautiful gated community, located in Sarasota, provides residents with many exciting amenities including a spacious clubhouse, fitness center, swimming pools, sports courts, and full-time activities and tennis directors. This comfortably-sized community has 453 homes available on a resale-only basis. A variety of social clubs helps residents mingle and make new friends within the community. Shopping, dining, cultural attractions, and the Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport are within close proximity.
Cascades at Sarasota Amenities
Cascades at Sarasota's 25,000 square-foot clubhouse keeps residents busy with amenities targeted for active adults. It's easy to stay in shape at the fitness center or swim at the indoor pool. The spacious clubhouse has plenty of room for meetings, card games or billiards. An arts and crafts studio, complete with 2 kilns, allow residents to express their creativity.
Outdoors, residents can swim in the pool, lounge on the spacious patio or play a match at one of the six tennis courts or three bocce ball courts. The community is surrounded by beautiful ponds that add scenic charm to the lush landscape. Cascades at Sarasota Florida also employs a full-time activities director to help residents plan events and group outings, and a full-time tennis director to coordinate games.
Cascades at Sarasota Homes & Real Estate
Cascades at Sarasota offers 453 single-family homes in a variety of different floor plans. These homes range from 1,429 to 2,489 square feet of living space with two to four bedrooms, two or three bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. A majority of the community was built by Levitt & Sons between 2005 and 2008. Medallion Homes also built homes in the community from 2008 to 2010. The well-planned designs for these homes include a variety of features, such as breakfast nooks, large walk-in closets, open floor plans, spacious master suites, and a combination kitchen and family room.
Most of Cascades at Sarasota's low-maintenance homes back up to natural open spaces. Many have upgraded features including granite kitchen and bathroom counters, stainless steel appliances, and crown moldings. All of the homes within Cascades at Sarasota include landscaping maintenance, basic cable, Internet connectivity, and alarm monitoring.
Cascades at Sarasota Lifestyle
The residents of Cascades at Sarasota enjoy an active lifestyle that takes full advantage of the community's many indoor and outdoor amenities. If residents are looking for a tennis partner or another couple to play mixed doubles, the full-time tennis director is there to help. The available social clubs appeal to a variety of interests, such as book discussion, karaoke, dancing, pottery, travel, yoga, cooking, and playing various card games.
In addition to the on-site amenities, the residents of Cascades at Sarasota enjoy the shopping, dining and other entertainment found throughout the Sarasota and Manatee area. The community's activities director can help residents plan group outings to experience the nearby live theater, music and arts found at Asolo Theater, Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, and the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art.
Cascades at Sarasota is situated just north of Sarasota's city center, near Florida's southwestern coast. The community is approximately 30 minutes from Sarasota Bay and the nearby Longboat and Siesta Keys, which are known for their beautiful sandy beaches. Sarasota has a rich local history and features many structures that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Homeowners also enjoy easy access to I-4 and I-75, which makes traveling around town a breeze. University Town Center and the Mote Marine Aquarium are only a short drive from the community, while those who like to travel, or have frequent visitors, appreciate having the Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport nearby. Cascades at Sarasota is an ideal location for those who want both resort-style living and close proximity to all that the Sarasota, Florida has to offer.
Cascades at Sarasota Amenities
- Clubhouse - 25,000 Sq. Ft.
- Fitness Center
- Locker Rooms
- Indoor Pool
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Card Room
- Computer Room
- Billiards Room
- Multi-Purpose Room
- Outdoor Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Patio
- 6 Lighted Har-Tru Tennis Courts
- 3 Bocce Ball Courts
- 2 Pickleball Courts
- Horseshoe Pits
- Scenic Ponds
Cascades at Sarasota Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Cascades at Sarasota. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Art Workshop
- Bocce Ball
- Book Discussion
- Chess Club
- Ladies Who Lunch
- Mah Jongg
- Men's Bocce
- Men's Coffee
- Pottery Class
- Stitch & Chat
- Sunshine Group
- Tap Dancing
- Women's Club
Medallion - Single Family Homes
Price Range: High $200s - Low $300s
Medallion built homes from 2008 to 2010. These single-family homes range in size from 1,429 to 2,159 square feet of living space. These models offer two or three bedrooms with two bathrooms and an attached two-car garage. Residents love these models for the eat-in kitchens and private master bathrooms. Please Note: Not all floor plans are available at this time.View Floorplans
Levitt & Sons Single Family Homes
Price Range: High $200s - High $300s
Levitt & Sons offered seven floor plans between 2005 and 2008 ranging from 1,854 to 2,489 square feet of living space with two to four bedrooms, two or three bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. Each model offers open floor plans with covered patios perfect for reading the morning paper.View Floorplans
Cascades at Sarasota Reviews
- Karlene S.|September 17, 2018Please note: The review by VAE319 dated Oct. 15, 2014 is no longer valid.
In 2018, the HOA ended its contract with Hotwire Communications and signed a contract with Spectrum.
Spectrum guarantees internet download speeds of 100 Mbps. My speed tests consistently show download speeds over 115 Mbps. and upload speeds over 11 Mbps. The TV package is Spectrum TV Bronze.
I am a realtor and, from my experience, Cascades of Sarasota offers the most home and highest level of amenities for the price, with relatively low HOA dues for these amenities.
In the past year, pickle ball courts and horseshoe pits have been added to the list of amenities and the clubhouse has just undergone a $1,000,000 renovation, all without additional assessment to the owners.
Thanks to the conscientious stewardship of our HOA Board of Directors, our HOA budget continues to cover ongoing expenses while maintaining a healthy reserve for future investment.
I have been a full-time resident since 2006 and, in addition to my satisfaction with the community, I appreciate the convenience of Cascades' central location between Sarasota and Bradenton, with easy access to local shopping and major highways.
- Elliot (Resident/Homeowner)|December 21, 2017This is a wonderful, welcoming community with much happening. I have lived here as a snowbird since 2007 and as a full-time resident since 2014. As an update to the pages on the website, we have a full-time activities director who publishes a monthly newsletter and arranges for entertainment in our clubhouse. We also have a very active travel club organizing trips. In addition to our 6 har tru tennis courts and 3 bocce courts, two pickle ball courts have been built this year. Currently our clubhouse is being renovated to bring it up-to-date. We are only about 20-25 minutes from wonderful beaches and 15-25 minutes to the many cultural events in and around downtown Sarasota. The newest Florida indoor mall - University Town Center - has recently been built nearby and provides a summer walking destination and many new places to eat. There are 2 Public supermarkets within a mile of Cascades and a new Wholefoods, Wawa, Aldi, Fresh Market, and Detweiler markets are close by. There is also an international rowing venue adjacent to the new mall. The internet is slow but negotiations are underway to upgrade our service in the near future.
- Carol (Resident/Homeowner)|January 25, 2015There is plenty to like about Cascades. The community is quiet, the neighbors are pleasant, many activities are available to residents. The Homeowners Association functions smoothly, and oversees regular maintenance and improvements to the grounds and clubhouse. HOA fees are reasonable. Staff is pleasant and accommodating.
We have owned our property since 2010, and have a Medallion Home - the description on this website should be updated to reflect the fact that while Levitt began construction of the community, Medallion took over the remaining lots in 2010 and completed the community. One of the reasons we bought in Cascades is that the homes are not exactly alike, but they compliment each other.
With regard to the comment about Hotwires spotty service: this contract is not a lifetime commitment. Soon there will be an opportunity to negotiate with cable and internet providers, and I have no doubt that our HOA officers will do their usual thorough job in vetting them and finding the best provider for the residents at a reasonable cost.
- VAE319 (Resident/Homeowner)|October 15, 2014The community itself is very nice but the cable situation is awful. You have no choice in companies as this neighborhood has a contract with Hotwire Communications. You must have Hotwire cable. It's awful. My internet is either down or super slow. The TV is satellite and constantly has a bad connection. If you live here, you are stuck with this company. BEWARE...if you enjoy TV or need a good internet connection, this company will thoroughly tick you off!
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|November 12, 2013This community has a lot going for it. There are plenty of activities to get involved in and lots of nice people to meet. I do book club and pottery, tennis and I even started an exercise routine which helped me loose 20 pounds! I'm feeling great and owe it to my new lifestyle here and the support of my new friends. My husband loves it too and we enjoy spending our free time in this fun neighborhood.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Cascades at Sarasota. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Cascades at Sarasota has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.