- Price Range
- High $600s - Low $1Ms
- Home Types
- Attached, Single-Family
- Number of Homes
- New And Resale Homes
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2013 - Present
- Multiple Builders
- 24 reviews
Gavilan is a 55+ community in Rancho Mission Viejo, California. This gated haven is ideal for active adults who value low-maintenance living. Residents of this community can enjoy the clubhouses that boast great rooms, yoga studios, fitness centers, and outdoor pools. This age-restricted enclave within the master-planned Rancho Mission Viejo community offers both new and resale homes to choose from. Rancho Mission Viejo is currently divided into two villages: Sendero and Esencia. Residents have access to all of Sendero's amenities and clubs as well as Esencia's amenities.
Active adults looking for homes for sale in Rancho Mission Viejo, CA will like what Gavilan has to offer.
The Hacienda Clubhouse is the hub for all social activities where residents can mingle, relax, and stay in shape. The great room's sociable environment has a large flat-screen TV and a fully staffed bar. The fitness center and yoga studio are where residents can stretch and strengthen their minds and body. Following a good workout, they can step into the locker rooms where they can enjoy a hot shower or even a massage.
Outside residents can enjoy the beautiful outdoor dining area with a built-in BBQ. The heated saltwater pool and spa is the perfect spot to bask in the sun and enjoy the company of friends. Poolside cabanas provide shade and privacy for relaxing with a book during a low-key afternoon. Residents can also participate in a pleasurable game of bocce ball on one of the three courts.
The Outlook is an additional amenity space that offers a resort-style lap pool surrounded by a patio with ample cabana space. This amenity space is also comprised of an indoor/outdoor dining area with barbecues, fire pits, and TV screen ideal for watching sports with neighbors.
Rancho Mission Viejo Amenities
Residents of Gavilan also have access to amenities throughout the larger master-planned community's amenities as well. The Ranch House hosts an additional clubhouse with a great room and an exercise room. Residents can enjoy the outdoor pool or hone their green thumb in the Esencia Farm's gardening plots. The Guest House also functions as the community's welcome center and provides residents with another fitness center. This amenity center also has a community room and a party garden that functions as a space for larger community events.
Homeowners also enjoy access to the outdoor amenity center known as the Outpost, where residents can relax in the pool and spa, take in a movie in front of the outdoor movie screen, see friends at the outdoor dining area with a barbecue or around the fire pit. Additional cabanas, a soccer field, two bocce ball courts help residents relax or enjoy competition with neighbors.
Gavilan residents also have access to three additional amenity centers that are available to all residents within Rancho Mission Viejo. The Hilltop Club features a clubhouse with an indoor/outdoor fitness center, bar, and an arcade area to entertain the grandkids. Outdoors, there is an additional pool and spa with a patio, as well as fire pits, bocce ball courts, and a barbecue area.
The Pavilion has a gymnasium with 11,000 square feet comprised of space for basketball, volleyball, and social events. There are plenty of ways to stay in shape with neighbors that include a softball backstop, soccer field, and tennis and pickleball courts. Homeowners can socialize around the BBQ area, dog park, or let the grandkids have fun in the playground.
The Canyon House is yet another clubhouse with indoor/outdoor seating, perfect for large community gatherings. This facility also has an on-site catering kitchen. Homeowners can also grab a pick-me-up at the Canyon Coffee Cafe and relax in the courtyard.
Escencia Farm is a community garden that features row crops, raised planter beds, and fruit trees. The farm also has a harvest barn, greenhouse and toolshed, composting system, as well as a courtyard space.
Gavilan Homes & Real Estate
Construction on Gavilan began in 2013 and the community now offers homes on a resale and new construction basis. This community features low-maintenance homes by Standard Pacific, Shea Homes, Del Webb, Lennar, and William Lyon. This community will be made up of approximately 1,200 homes in the villages of Esencia and Sendero, with each 55+ neighborhood within them named Gavilan. Each neighborhood has unique characteristics making these ideal homes for active adults looking for a wide range of housing options.
Vireo by William Lyon offers attached homes ranging from 1,456 to 1,950 square feet and offer two bedrooms, two-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.
The Standard Pacific Bungalows offer one and two-story homes with thoughtfully designed interiors, generously sized great rooms that lead to a gourmet kitchen and dining area that allows plentiful natural light. They range from 1,276 to 1,843 square feet and have two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and attached two-car garages.
The Standard Pacific Casitas are the perfect blend of Spanish, Monterey, and Western Ranch architectural designs. With 1,624 to 2,059 square feet of living space, these homes feature two to three bedrooms, two or two-and-a-half bathrooms, and attached two-car garages. Most homes also come with a den or a loft.
Avocet by Standard Pacific offers a series of homes range from 1,473 to 2,589 square feet and offer one to three bedrooms, two to three-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.
Shea Homes offers have three home series in Gavilan. Their homes range from 1,770 to 2,043 square feet and include two to three bedrooms, two or two-and-a-half bathrooms, and attached two-car garages.
Shea Homes in Sendero Village offers single-family homes that range from 1,770 to 2,041 square feet. These homes two to three bedrooms, den spaces, and two to two-and-a-half bathrooms. These homes also have attached two-car garages.
Cortesa by Shea Homes offers four plans that range from 1,816 to 2,362 square feet. These homes have two bedrooms, den spaces, and two-and-a-half bathrooms. These homes have two-car garages.
Alondra by Shea Homes three plans that range from 2,323 to 2,589 square feet. Thes homes also have two to three bedrooms, den spaces, and two-and-a-half bathrooms. These homes have attached two-car garages.
The Del Webb neighborhood in Sendero Village provides spacious and energy-efficient homes. These single-story homes range from 2,021 to 2,325 square feet and have two to three bedrooms, two-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. These homes are built with the latest trends in home designs and have a den, two-car garage, living room, and a gourmet kitchen with an oversized island.
Iris at Esencia by Lennar Homes provides spacious and energy-efficient homes. These single-family homes range from 1,729 to 2,340 square feet and have two to four bedrooms, two-and-a-half or three bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.
Alma at Esencia by Del Webb provides spacious and energy-efficient homes. These single-family homes range from 1,827 to 2,476 square feet and have two to three bedrooms, two-and-a-half or three bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.
Vida at Esencia by Del Webb provides spacious and energy-efficient homes. These single-family homes range from 1,279 to 2,006 square feet and have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached one or two-car garage.
Arista at Esencia by Del Webb provides spacious and energy-efficient homes. These single-family homes range from 1,466 to 1,875 square feet and have two bedrooms, two or two-and-a-half or three bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.
Homeowners of Gavilan live an active and low-maintenance lifestyle. Social events and classes are abundant when it comes to living in Gavilan For the creatively inclined, you can find it all at the arts and crafts studio. Drawing, painting, crafts, and seminars are all available. Members of the community can also embrace yoga, Pilates, or dance classes as well as take advantage of a personal trainer. Residents frequently attend holiday parties, wine and dine nights, tapas night, and gardening. Residents of Gavilan can easily stay active, whether that means finding a new hobby, meeting new neighbors, or breaking a sweat.
Gavilan is part of a larger community, Rancho Mission Viejo, on Ortega Highway in Orange County.
The community is conveniently located just a few miles from the Orange County beach cities and has easy access to I-5. This location puts residents within convenient reach of daily necessities as well as fun opportunities.
Residents are never far from what they may need, grocery stores such as Trader Joe's, Ralphs, Albertsons, and Pavillons can be found within five miles of the community. Pharmacy needs can be met at Rite Aid and CVS.
Gavilan is also close to several health care providers, including Mission Hospital Misson Viejo, Health Link Medical Center, and Pacific Canyons Medical Center.
When looking for dining out options, homeowners can travel along Antonio Parkway, which is home to several restaurants and shops. When residents are looking for entertainment options, they can find them at Laguna Art Museum and Festival of Arts and Pageant of the Masters.
Homeowners looking to explore the outdoor recreation opportunities in the area have ample options. Gavilan is located about 20 minutes from several beaches, such as Shaws Cove and Aliso Beach. Parks such as Lan Mancha Park, Oso Viejo Park, and Wilderness Glen Park can also be found in the area. Golfers will be happy to know that courses such as Monarch Beach Golf Links, Pelican Hill Golf Club, and San Juan Hills Golf Club can all be found within 25 minutes.
Those interested in visiting nearby metropolitan areas are in luck as Los Angeles and San Diego are readily accessible for quick day trips or weekend getaways. For longer trips, John Wayne Airport is just under a half-hour away.
The Hacienda clubhouse offers the following amenities:
- Clubhouse - 9,200 Sq. Ft.
- Fitness Center
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Great Room
- Locker Rooms
- Massage Room
- Yoga Studio
- Outdoor Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Patio
- Outdoor BBQ with Dining Area
- 3 Bocce Ball Courts
- Walking & Biking Trails
- Party Gardens
The Ranch House is located in Sendero and is open to all ages and offers the following amenities:
- Clubhouse - 3,900 Sq. Ft.
- Exercise Room
- Great Room
- Outdoor Pool & Spa
- Esencia Farm
The Guest House is the welcoming center where residents can connect with neighbors and embrace their social side. It is located in Sendero and offers the following amenities:
- Fitness Center
- Community Room
- Catering Kitchen
- Party Garden
At the southeast corner of Sendero there is expansive open space filled with sports fields that can also be used for community gatherings. Sendero Field features the following amenities:
- Softball/Baseball Field
- Soccer Fields
Outlook is an additional amenity space for the exclusive use of Gavilan's residents and offers the following amenities:
- Indoor/Outdoor Dining Area
- Outdoor Lap Pool
- Outdoor Patio
- BBQ Area
- Fire Pit
The Hilltop Club features the following amenities for all residents:
- Fitness Center
- Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Patio
- Fire Pits
- BBQ Area
The Outpost is an outdoor amenity center in Sender and features the following amenities:
- Event Room with Bar
- Outdoor Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Movie Screen
- Outdoor Dining & BBQ
- 2 Bocce Ball Courts
The Pavilion includes the following amenities for all residents of Sendero and Esencia:
- Outdoor Gathering Space with Movie Screen
- Softball Backstop
- Soccer Field
- BBQ Area
- Tennis Courts
- Pickleball Courts
- Dog Park
- Playground for Grandkids
The Canyon House is an indoor/outdoor amenity center that features the following:
- Indoor/Outdoor Great Room
- Canyon Coffee Cafe
- Event Lawn
- Hiking Trails
The Barbecue Barn offers the following amenities:
- Open-Air Barn
- Fire Pit
- Outdoor Barbecue
- Bocce Ball Courts
- Astro-Turf Fields
The Getaway offers the following amenities:
- Parks & Natural Space
- Fire Pit
- Indoor/Outdoor Patio
Gavilan Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Gavilan. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Bocce Ball
- Happy Hour
- Holiday Parties
- Tapas Night
- Wine & Dine
William Lyon Homes - Vireo
Price Range: Low $700s - High $700s
William Lyon Homes introduced the Vireo Collection in 2015 and offers four models available as new construction. Theses homes range in size from 1,456 to 1,950 square feet and have two bedrooms, two-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
Standard Pacific - Bungalows
Price Range: Low $700s - High $800s
The Standard Pacific Bungalows range from 1,276 to 1,843 square feet and have two or three bedrooms, two bathrooms and an attached two-car garage. These easy-to-maintain designs have an open living space, gourmet kitchens and a generous amount of natural light.View Floorplans
Arista at Esencia by Pulte
Price Range: High $600s - High $800s
Arista at Esencia by Pulte provides spacious and energy-efficient homes. These single-family homes range from 1,466 to 1,875 square feet and have two bedrooms, two or two-and-a-half or three bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
Vida at Esencia by Del Webb
Price Range: High $500s - Mid $700s
Vida at Esencia by Del Webb provides spacious and energy-efficient homes. These single-family homes range from 1,279 to 2,006 square feet and have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached one or two-car garage.View Floorplans
Shea Homes - Rancho Adobe
Price Range: Mid $700s - Low $800s
Rancho Adobe, Spanish and Western Ranch styles can be found in Shea's single-family homes. Homes here range from 1,770 to 2,043 square feet and include two or three bedrooms, two or two-and-a-half bathrooms and an attached two-car garage. These homes also feature a great room and gourmet kitchen and are available on a resale basis.View Floorplans
Standard Pacific - Casitas
Price Range: Low $700s - Low $700s
The Standard Pacific Casitas are the perfect blend of Spanish, Monterey and Western Ranch architectural designs. With 1,624 to 2,059 square feet of living space these homes feature two or three bedrooms, two or two-and-a-half bathrooms and an attached two-car garage. Most homes also come with a den or a loft space and are available on a resale basis.View Floorplans
Standard Pacific - Avocet
Price Range: Low $700s - Low $900s
Standard Pacific introduced the Avocet Collection in 2015 and has five models available as new construction. Theses homes range in size from 1,473 to 2,110 square feet and offer one to three bedrooms, two to three bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. The Avocet Collection boasts a cook's kitchen and indoor/outdoor living spaces.View Floorplans
Del Webb Single-Family Homes
Price Range: High $700s - Mid $900s
The Del Webb homes provides spacious and energy-efficient single-family homes available on a resale-only basis. These single-story homes range from 2,021 to 2,325 square feet and have two or three bedrooms, two-and-a-half bathrooms and an attached two-car garage. These homes are built with the latest trends in home designs and have a den, living room and a gourmet kitchen with an oversized island.View Floorplans
Iris at Esencia by CalAtlantic Homes
Price Range: Mid $600s - Mid $800s
Iris at Esencia by CalAtlantic Homes provides spacious and energy-efficient homes. These single-family homes range from 1,729 to 2,340 square feet and have two to four bedrooms, two-and-a-half or three bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.
|Model Name||Sq. Ft.||Beds||Baths||Garage|
|Residence Three||1830||2 - 3||2.5||2|
|Residence Three X||2340||2 - 4||2.5||2|
Shea Homes - Cortesa
Price Range: Low $700s - Low $900s
Shea Homes' Cortesa Collection offers four models available as new construction. These homes range in size from 1,816 to 2,362 square feet and offer two to three bedrooms, two-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. These homes have oversized great rooms and outdoor living spaces that blend seamlessly with indoor living spaces.View Floorplans
Alma at Esencia by Del Webb
Price Range: Mid $700s - Mid $900s
Alma at Esencia by Del Webb provides spacious and energy-efficient homes. These single-family homes range from 1,827 to 2,476 square feet and have two to three bedrooms, two-and-a-half or three bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
Shea Homes - Alondra
Price Range: Low $900s - Low $1Ms
Shea Homes introduced the Alondra Collection in 2015. There are three home models available as new construction that range in size from 2,325 to 2,589 square feet and have two to three bedrooms, two to three-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage. These homes offer kitchen islands, indoor/outdoor spaces, and optional lofts.View Floorplans
- Donna R.|October 24, 2018Living in Gavilon, in this great location is exciting as the Rancho Mission Viejo Master Plan unfolds with ever increasing amenities, housing options, events and conveniences. The recent Antonio/Ortega shopping center is a mere 5 minutes away. East of Esenca, Los Patrones Parkway heads north to Oso Parkway, connecting there to the 241 toll road and major roadways beyond, and La Pata continues from Antonio at Ortega going south, a terrific shortcut from RMV to beaches and shopping in San Clemente, etc.
Enjoy the wealth of events at RMV: i.e. the acclaimed Rodeo, visiting the working Ranch, orchards, and other tours. Holiday celebrations, summer evening concerts, and all kinds of Ranch and/or Resident sponsored gatherings, clubs and outings abound. The neighbors have been great, some retired, some working: the kind of people who step up to help each other and build the community. And you’ll meet instant friends if you are a dog walker.
Multiple builders are developing 55+ homes. But also check for attractive Resales, typically featuring a good location, with the costly, time consuming yard hardscape and landscaping already finished.
We purchased in Avocet, a quality, quiet and “ocean-breeze kissed” enclave with just a few Builder homes left. The Outlook, a wonderful 55+ exclusive resort-style amenity, sits at the heart of Avocet on Cerrero Court. It’s great that the 55+ crowd has access to all amenities throughout RMV, not just 55+ facilities. But one needs go no farther than the Outlook for a salt water pool, big screen TV, fire pit, pool-side lounging, a bbq and more. And I especially love that everything here in RMV is new!
Select your home with the effect of nearby construction in mind, as well as judging privacy and density issues based on lot size and space between homes. You’ll love Gavilon at RMV! Good luck.
- Susan B.|April 25, 2018I moved to Gavilan from Sun City Palm Desert, a large highly rated Del Webb community. I truly prefer Gavilan! Maybe it is the weather, privacy, facilities that include pools and pickle ball courts, access to beach/shopping, and/or available activities, but I think most of all for the awesome people that live here. I walk everyday on the trails that adjoin Gavilan. Being so close to nature is uplifting This smaller community is a hidden gem.
- Gary L.|March 20, 2018We moved in here from a beach community about 3 1/2 years ago thinking that we might have to endure the hot “inland” summer months, but the ocean breezes reach all the way to our front door. We couldn’t be happier with our move and our grandkids enjoy visiting us as we have access to the larger family pool. Subsequent developments farther east of Sendero have much higher Mello-Roos tax assessments. This community is terrific and we often comment that living here is like being on a cruise ship with activity after activity. We don’t plan on ever moving as we love it here!
- James R.|March 19, 2018We will celebrate our 5th year this October and we love the community and all our friends.
- Laurie M.|March 19, 2018My husband and I live in the original Gavilan community in Sendero. What we love about it is that it is gated and we have our own exclusive amenities as well as separate amenities for our kids and grandkids to enjoy just steps away. The Mello Roos is also much less than the new Esencia Gavilan community. This is the most friendly and fun community we have lived in and we're enjoying it very much. We've made so many new friends and enjoy socializing at the pool, spa, bocce ball courts and many social events.
- John C.|March 19, 2018LOVE Gavilan! Being a GATED 55+ community makes a difference. It's private without being isolated. The amenities are tops (love the pool and gym!) and the non-55 section has their own pool etc. The people are wonderful and It's easy to make friends. Lots to do-clubs, social etc! You'll find it's a real community within a larger community (Sendero) and nearby to San Juan Capistrano and Ladera. We've been here from almost the beginning and so glad we chose it!
- Thomas V.|March 19, 2018I am a resident of this community for the past 4 years. I cannot say enough good things about it. Great gym, pool and landscaping is first rate, but it is the people who live here that make it truly a treasure.
- Judy T.|March 17, 2018A 55+ Community located in Sendero/ Gavilan. Gavilan is gated and and provides an "Adult only" Community including a Hacienda, Fitness Center, Pool, Bocce Ball, Clubs and many wonderful Activities.
Gavilan is a very friendly place to live!
- Lori R.|March 16, 2018I love our community and all of the friendly people from all over. Especially here in Sendero I love how close the amenities are to my home and I personally like having a gated community to keep random traffic out. There is always something to do here and you can do as little or as much as you would like. The year round heated pool is what attracted me initially along with the opportunity to have a newer 1 story home here in the OC.
- Robert K.|March 15, 2018I was nervous about moving into a "retirement"commmunity, since I did not feel old and am not retired. But the gated Gavilan community does not have that feel. It feels like a spa resort. Great active people, wonderful facilities, and, if you occasionally crave the sounds of kids playing, the ungated family portion of the community has a pool of their own that you can visit. When grandchildren visit, there are also play areas in the family portion very near to the gated over 55 section. So glad we moved here.
- Adrienne L.|March 15, 2018I am an original owner since 2014,,It is a wonderful community;friendly neighbors and many activities..Would highly recommend a move here.
- Bill G.|March 15, 2018My wife and I live in the Gavilan section of the first phase of the Rancho Mission Viejo community named Sendero. We moved to Gavilan/Sendero from Irvine in November of 2014. Our home in Irvine was in a park-like setting; very beautiful but overcast by marine layer most of the time. Our home was also too small for our needs. We love the sunny climate where we live now. We enjoy friendly neighbors and many activities in our new community.
A major consideration for our moving into Gavilan/Sendero specifically was the fact that our salesman informed us that none of the future developments (Esencia, etc.) would have a gated 55+ community for Gavilan residents. The gate adds an element of privacy that we appreciate.
- Joe I.|March 15, 2018We have lived in Sendero/Gavilan for nearly 3 years. Aside from the security and privacy that that is provided with a gated entry, the entire community is friendly, active and involved.
We are perfectly situated to hiking, biking to the beach, close to several first class golf courses, pickle ball and bocce ball.
The entire community takes an active role in the many outings to museums, movie going club and a very active golf club as well as a host of other active clubs and groups.
We continually count our blessings at moving to Sendero/Gavilan.
- Joanne B.|March 12, 2018I have lived here for over three years
- peggy K.|March 7, 2018I am an original owner of a Shea home. I moved in August of 2014. I love living here. This is not only a very friendly community, but the amenities are exceptional. I love the Gavilan/Sendero area that I live in because we are gated and it keeps the atmosphere very quiet. The weather is just beautiful and living 5 miles from Dana Point, we get a nice breeze with sunshine. The pool is kept warm and the workout room has state-of the-art equipment. There are clubs to join and fun things to do all the time. We truly are "Active Adults" and enjoy every day!
- Ivoryhaire R.|March 5, 2018We have lived here for 4 years and there is no smell from the landfill. It is closer to San Clemente and the wind blows it inland, not over here. There was a smell when we first moved in but that was addressed and fixed, so no smell .It had to do with the water retention basin. The Reata Glen is going to be a beautiful addition for those who need assisted living as they age.
- Ron T.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 20, 2017I relocated from the East Coast and could not be happier. I'm an avid golfer and outdoor person and now I can play all year round! The location is excellent being just a few miles from the coast and the community is beautiful with so much to offer. There are all sorts of activities for the Gavilan residents and numerous clubhouses, events, etc. You can be involved as much or as little as you wish. Great Community in a fantastic climate.
- Unknown (Resident/Homeowner)|August 5, 2017All the pictures appear beautiful as this community was being built. However after living here for 4 years the orange grove have been destroyed to build a retirement area Reata Glen. We were not informed of this during purchase time. Also the beautiful manicured pictures you are looking at is not so. There are overgrown trees, and shrubs. If something needs to be done RMV informs residents to submit a request. Then it may or may not get completed. In addition in the gated 55+ community of Gavilan, the gate has been out of order just about monthly. Pay your outrageous HOA dues just to have your area maintained. "Maybe"
- Richard J.(Resident/Homeowner)|November 22, 2016Greetings! We have lived here in Rancho Mission Viejo ,CA. ( South of Ladera Ranch ) for 2 1/2+ years. Our entire Community is completely finished & beautifully. The next 'Phase of Homes' are about finished AND NOT ONE SOUND EVER BOTHERED ANY OF US. Any future Phases,, will be built further East and away from this past phase and ours. Future construction traffic and noise WILL NOT be an issue.
There is a waste treatment area South of us about 2 miles. Any traffic to that area has NEVER been a problem and there has NEVER been an odor. 'WHY' can I say that?,, I walk our dog Rusty outside 4+ times everyday in the WONDERFUL OCEAN BREEZE,, I Welcome You To Paradise! You'll Love it here
- The J.(Resident/Homeowner)|November 7, 2016The Ranch is conveniently located and well-priced! It's now fully developed with lots of amenities. The landscaping and facilities are so nice it is like resort living . . . everyday!
- Gerry (Resident/Homeowner)|May 20, 2015Gavilan and the entire Sendero development is beautiful. It is well-laid out with Gavilan having a very private feeling. It is surrounded by hills and the entrance is made up of a working ranch with citrus trees. The landscaping is gorgeous with a wonderful variety of plant life. The variety of architectural styles within Gavilan and Sendero prevents it from being a cookie cutter bunch of homes. As others have noted, the club house, fitness center and beautiful swimming pool make us feel as though we live in a resort--on vacation year round! There are ongoing social activities and plenty of opportunity to meet new people and make new friends. Oh, and best of all, our home itself is just right for two 55-plus seniors.
- Ivoryhaire (Resident/Homeowner)|November 15, 2014This is a lovely senior community with very hip and with-it seniors who love life. My husband is in the fabulous gym at 5:00 in the morning. There are many get togethers and parties here and you will always have something to do with all of the activities. If there is a smell, perhaps it is from the drainage lagoon which is here, not from the dump which is not that close to us. We don't smell anything and live close to the lagoon. The prevailing winds are from the northwest and the dump is south of us. Don't know what the person was referring to the smell, but she has it wrong if she thinks it's the dump.
- Gavilan R.(Resident/Homeowner)|July 23, 2014We live in Gavilan and we LOVE it! No stench from the dump--none--I only know it's there because I saw it on Google Earth. These are beautifully appointed homes with dynamite views and we enjoy the fresh ocean breezes in the afternoon. The clubhouse amenities are lovely and we feel very lucky to have bought a home here. But sorry Charlie, it's all sold out!
- Betty D.|April 21, 2014I recently visited Gavilan and was thoroughly impressed by the beauty of the homes, landscape, and master plan of the community, so much so that I bought a home! Gavilan will be completed soon enough. For now, I think new construction is a good thing, because that means more neighbors! I'm hoping for a smooth transition as I downsize to a beautiful new home here.
Oh, and by the way... I have a very keen sense of smell (that I'm not always glad to have) and I don't know what the other reviewer is talking about...
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Gavilan. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Gavilan has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.