- Price Range
- Low $100s - Low $200s
- Home Types
- Attached, Single-Family
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1990 - 1999
- Pringle Development
- 6 reviews
Highland Lakes Overview
Surrounded by seven small lakes and natural wetlands, Highland Lakes by Pringle Development is a vibrant active adult community in a picturesque area of Leesburg, central Florida. The lakes allow for model sailboat racing and catch-and-release fishing. Other ways to enjoy nature at Highland Lakes include three nature trails where residents like to reflect while observing foxes, eagles, and cranes. Many of the plants along the paths are even labeled for easy identification. Other on-site recreation and activity options include over 50 special interest groups and a clubhouse with an activities director.
Despite the tranquil setting, Highland Lakes is in proximity to the Florida Turnpike for easy access to metropolitan Orlando and other important areas. Not only do residents enjoy the serenity, but also benefit from peace of mind with gated access. With a total of 938 residences, Highland Lakes is just the right size to make many new friends, but to also allow for a sense of privacy when desired.
Highland Lakes Amenities
The large Highland Lakes clubhouse is the proud focal point where many activities are available to homeowners. Residents have many choices for getting exercise such as the exercise room, an indoor walking track, heated indoor pool, and the arena where an indoor tennis and pickleball courts are held. Hobbyists have use of a nicely outfitted woodcraft building and craft room. A catering kitchen is also available to prepare a snack or cater an event. Other social spaces include a card room, meeting room, library, and billiards and ping pong room.
Outdoor options for fun activities include an outdoor lap pool, four bocce ball courts, six tennis courts, six horseshoe pits, a softball field, and eight shuffleboard courts. Nature trails and catch and release fishing lakes add scenic beauty to this active adult community. Highland Lakes also provides homeowners with free RV and boat storage.
Highland Lakes Homes & Real Estate
Homes were built between 1990 and 1999 by Pringle Development and are moderately sized between 1,040 and 1,852 square feet. Buyers can choose from attached villas and single-family resale homes. They have two to three bedrooms, two baths, and one to two-car garages. Since Highland Lakes at Leesburg is an established community, many of the homes have mature, wonderful Florida landscaping that even includes lemon, orange, and grapefruit trees.
Other elements included that allow for maximum enjoyment of Florida's climate are screened lanais, tile floors and Florida rooms. Layouts feature open floor plans with family rooms and dens. The interiors are appointed with wood floors, skylights, cathedral ceilings, dual vanities and sinks, walk-in closets, and bay windows.
Highland Lakes Leesburg Lifestyle
There are many clubs to join, lots of which meet at the clubhouse. In addition, Highland Lakes employs a full-time activities director who keeps events and clubs organized for residents. Biking and walking trails wind among the lakes which are accessible to those who like fishing, engage in friendly model sailboat races, or simply enjoy aquatic tranquility. Some of the activity groups residents can partake in are aerobics, arts and crafts, billiards, ping pong, card club, travel, bingo, bowling, country line dancing, golf, pickleball, quilting, and yoga. There are endless options for homeowners to stay active and social as much as they want in Highland Lakes.
Since Highland Lakes is close to the Florida Turnpike, residents will find it easy to travel to the International Orlando airport, museums, outlet malls, and Orlando's world class attractions. Active adults can easily explore Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, and Sea World with their grandchildren, but are far enough from the hectic pace of the expanding urban areas.
The area around Leesburg and central Florida in general is a haven for anglers and boaters with plenty of lakes, fish camps, and marinas. Going west, beaches can be reached within an hour's drive. Highland Lakes is also within an hour of the Ocala National Forest. Highland Lakes is a perfect active adult community for 55+ homebuyers in Lake County, Florida.
Highland Lakes Amenities
- Lobby & Art Gallery
- Exercise Room
- Arena & Stage
- Indoor Pickleball Court
- Indoor Tennis Court
- Indoor Walking Track
- Indoor Pool
- Meeting Room
- Catering Kitchen
- Card Room
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Woodworking Shop
- Billiards & Ping Pong Room
- Outdoor Lap Pool
- Outdoor Patio
- 6 Tennis Courts
- 4 Bocce Ball Courts
- 8 Shuffleboard Courts
- 6 Horseshoe Pits
- Softball Field
- Driving Range
- Nature Trails
- Parks & Natural Space
- R.V. Parking & Boat Storage
- Catch & Release Fishing Lakes
Highland Lakes Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Highland Lakes. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Art Group
- Men's Billiards
- Women's Billiards
- Bible Study
- Bocce Ball
- Book Club
- Card Club
- Chorus Club
- Computer Club
- Country Line Dancing
- Garden Club
- Men's Golf
- Ladies' Golf
- Red Hat Society
- Swing Band
- Theater Group
Price Range: Below $100k - Low $100s
Villas are a great option for those looking to downsize without losing functionality. These models offer two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached garage. The attached villas were designed with active adults in mind offering open floor plans and low-maintenance exteriors.View Floorplans
Single Family Homes
Price Range: Low $100s - High $100s
Single-family homes in Highland Lakes rage from 1,040 to 1,852 square feet of living space with two or three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached one to two-car garage. Some of the great features included in these models are eat-in kitchens and private master suites.View Floorplans
Highland Lakes Reviews
- Janice W.|April 29, 2019Purchased a lovely home in Highland Lakes. Been here approximately a month and love it! The atmosphere here is amazing. The landscaping is peaceful and beautiful. Everyone has reached out with a smile and helpful words of encouragement. It appears that I not only purchased a home, I found a community of kind, friendly and helpful people!
- Steven E.|November 4, 2018My wife and I recently bought a villa in Highland Lakes. I love the community, the neighbors are all friendly and wave when passing. You can take a walk and strike up a conversation easily with the community members. There are many things to do with like minded residents and the club house, and pools are great.
- Joseph & Ellen Smith (Resident/Homeowner)|December 27, 2014We were looking for a retirement home in a 55+ community in the Leesburg, FL area. An online search produced a link to Highland Lakes. Clean, friendly, wonderful 66+ community.
- HAPPY IN FL. (Resident/Homeowner)|June 9, 2014We spent a lot of time in Okla. looking on the computer at all the 55+ communities....My husband came to Fl. and found this beautiful community...It is the most beautiful...most friendly place. I am so glad he chose...Has a breath taking entry. I have seen the others and thank God we got here. Come on down!! If
you are looking for golf...this is not the place...we have everything else..tennis...2 pools..one in and one out. The community is owned by the people who own the homes and we have a board who runs everything...financially secure!!
- VT s.(Resident/Homeowner)|March 10, 2014We searched and searched and found our paradise. We knew immediately Highland Lakes was going to be our new home. The wide open common areas, friendly welcoming staff in the community building, pristine landscaping, gated access, beautiful homes, this place has it all. Upscale and affordable. We loved working with Margie Smith to find our dream home. She made us feel like we belonged at Highland Lakes from the first time we spoke with her.
Come for a visit, you won't regret it!
- Scott A.|January 17, 2013After reviewing communities in the central Florida area, and being in a smaller income bracket, I believe Highland Lakes to be my favorite option... Looking forward to seeing it in person.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Highland Lakes. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Highland Lakes has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.