- Price Range
- Below $100k - Mid $100s
- Home Types
- Single Family
- Number of Homes
- New And Resale Homes
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2001 - Present
- Sierra Land Surveying and Development Services
- 6 reviews
Vista View Resort Overview
Vista View Resort is an affordable 55+ community located in Sierra Vista, Arizona. This active adult neighborhood offers ranch homes on a new and resale basis. Homebuyers throughout Southern Arizona are attracted to the impressive lineup of amenities found within the gates of Vista View Resort.
There is even an activities director who keeps the community calendar full with clubs, activities, and trips that are scheduled on a regular basis. With maintenance out of the way, residents have more time to meet new neighbors and make lifelong friends who share the same interests and hobbies.
Vista View Resort Amenities
Vista View Resort's residents can enjoy social and recreational activities in the 5,500 square-foot clubhouse. This welcoming clubhouse has a multi-purpose room with a fireplace and fully equipped kitchen perfect for community parties or private events. Residents can take advantage of the card house and billiards room to tap into their competitive side. There is even a library where you can relax and enjoy your favorite book.
Staying fit and active is easy with Vista View Resort's exercise room at the clubhouse, outdoor pool, and scenic walking and biking trails throughout the community. The outside patio has a gas grill and plenty of seating for outdoor events.
Vista View Resort Homes & Real Estate
Vista View Resort began construction in 2001 and upon the community's completion it is expected to have 355 land-lease homes. Residences have been designed for active adults with low-maintenance exteriors and single-level floor plans.
There are nine floor plans that range from 1,088 to 1,865 square feet in size. Vista View Resort's homes have one to three bedrooms, one-and-a-half to two bathrooms, and a two-car garage. Additional features include cement driveways, patios, and covered entries.
Although the community does not have a homeowners' association Vista View Resort does collect a monthly resort fee. This fee includes use of land, maintenance and repair of common areas, roads, amenities, and gated security.
Vista View Resort Lifestyle
Owning a home in Vista View Resort gives residents the freedom to join the many activities, events, and classes held throughout the year. With a full-time activities director, there is a calendar that keeps residents up-to-date with events in the community.
It's easy to get to know your new neighbors and make lifelong friends by attending a potluck dinner, book fair, or trip to the casino. Residents can meet in the clubhouse for bingo, Mah Jongg, and Wii games. There are many opportunities to stay fit with water aerobics, Tai Chi, and dancing. Vista View Resort's residents also give back to the community by volunteering throughout the year.
Vista View Resort is located in Sierra Vista, Arizona 75 miles southeast of Tucson. Sierra Vista is rich with history, Native American Sites, and scenic recreation areas. The Mall at Sierra Vista is the perfect place to get your shopping fix. There are also unique gift shops, bookstores, and antiques throughout the area. With eight golf courses in the area, golf enthusiasts are sure to find the perfect course.
Vista View Resort is about an hour-and-a-half away from Green Valley and Tucson. Residents can easily travel outside of Arizona with the Tucson International Airport an hour's drive away. Southern Arizona's year-round warm climate offers endless opportunities to stay fit, active, and social at Vista View Resort.
Vista View Resort Amenities
- Clubhouse - 5,500 Sq. Ft.
- Multi-Purpose Room with Fireplace
- Catering Kitchen
- Fitness Center
- Computer Room
- Card House
- Outdoor Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Patio with Gas Grill
- Walking & Biking Trails
- R.V. Parking & Storage
Vista View Resort Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Vista View Resort. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Card Groups
- Casino Trips
- Computer/Technology Classes
- Dancing and Live Music
- Knitting Club
- Mah Jongg
- Mobile Book Fairs
- Monthly Potlucks
- Tai Chi
- Volunteer Groups
- Water Aerobics
- Wii Bowling and Games
Single Family Homes
Price Range: Below $100k - Mid $100s
There are nine floor plans that range from 1,088 to 1,865 square feet in size. Vista View Resorts homes have one to three bedrooms, one-and-a-half to two bathrooms, and a two-car garage. Additional features include cement driveways, patios, and covered entries.View Floorplans
Vista View Resort Reviews
- M C.|July 2, 2018This is suppose to be an affordable place for seniors on fixed incomes, maintenance free. It is not maintenance free, nor affordable. They keep raising lot rents, which our homes are on, land we do not own, therefore there is lot rent, which covers propety taxes, and amenities. Our homes are valued lower than the original cost of our homes when built 10-14 yeqrs ago, which brings the taxes down, yet the rents still go up. We have les amenities then when moving here, and less service. It is not a gated community as advertised, as it is completed accessible on three sides, where it is not fenced in. The wall and gates at the front of the property is so low, anyone could crawl over them, plus they took away our security we once had. The property is not maintained very good anymore, yet they keep raising the rent. They are building more homes, and have several model homes sitting vacant, which I believe thats what we are paying for, which is their property, and we shouldnt have to pay for upkeeping them and their taxes. The pool and spa arent maintained very well, and the water isnt heated much anymore, so what are we paying for. How are seniors here living comfortably with uncomfortable lot rent charges continuing going up, yet taxes and home values are down. I was told last year, the owner was generous by giving us a 15% decrease for one year, but then will go up this year in September, yet they are raising it again in October. The clubhouse and pool area are too small for all residents to be in at once. We were told when phrase 3 would start, another clubhouse and pool would be built, to accomodate all residents. In 2004 it sounded like the owner really cared for seniors giving them their own home, affordable for seniors, now they seem money hungry. I know prices for building went up, but we all shouldnt have to pay for that. When having ours built 13 years ago, my husband was here, i was back in the midwest. When closing time came, they sent me papers to sign, and i noticed they had upped the lost rent $15 from what we agreed on. I crossed out their amount and wrote in the one given us at the time of signing our building agreement, then initialed the correct amount, and told my husband, to make sure they didnt raise it again at closing. Wish we would have known then how dishonest they could be. Not a happy resident. Soon it will not be affordable for a lot of resident, sad, they will all have to sell, if anyone will buy into this resort. People will have to have big pensions to do so.
- M C.|July 1, 2018June 30, 2018
We bought in here in 2004/2005 and were told no rent increase until after 3 years. The rent would not change that entire time, then would go up 2-4 percent. After 4-5 years it went up 14%, retroactive to year one. We had onsite security and a company that drove through evenings, which was taken away, don't know when, never informed. The guy that cleaned the pool and common areas did a great job, and acid washed the pool and hot tub annually, and heated the pool comfortably. Now maintenance is down, pool cool, and dirty and in need of repair, caulking needed, and remove black mold. There was no electricity for two weeks, closing the clubhouse and pool, plenty of time to empty and acid wash, not done. Weeds are not kept up in the common areas, yet they get on home owners case if they have a few weeds. The walking path is in desperate need of repair, it's buckling in areas, making it a dangerous path for falls, plus animal feces you have to dodge, as it is not cleaned up daily as before. The mini golf course, shuffle board and bouncy ball all taken, never met with homeowners for input. They want our money for monthly rent, but don't follow through on keeping things up. They do have more things going on at the clubhouse for the residents, which has been a plus for those that use them. Staff are rude when you talk with them, ask questions, or have a complaint. It's like do what they want, pay what they want, for little service of the property, or no say in what goes on, or doesn't go on.
- M.C. (Resident/Homeowner)|December 29, 2017We have been living here for over 12 years and are sorry, as management doesn't do what you're promised when you're looking to buy in. Property values and property tax is lower than what our home originally cost to build, and yet the rent is constantly raised at a large amount. Maintenance here has gone down, the area is shabby looking compared to when we moved here, and they took away the 24 hour security we once had, with no informing residents of this, as well as it being completed gated, all four sides was told, and 12 years later, only walls and gates are at the front only, and low enough for anyone to climb over. The gates are left open all day long, for anyone to come in and stay and cause damage, or attack a resident. Once in, anyone can get out when gates close for the night, so makes non-residents to enter.
- Patricia P.(Resident/Homeowner)|September 29, 2017We bought our home here one year ago, and we are extremely happy with the resort and amenities. The resort fees reflect what is offered by the resort, which include a great pool, and water aerobics, a gym, and Yoga classes, wonderful walking trails, a gated community, monthly potluck dinners, bingo, cards, and numerous other clubhouse activities. The resort also offers a hospitality home available for rent at an extremely reasonable price for guests. The mini golf was not being used by the residents, but with all the activities in the clubhouse extra parking was needed, which is now complete. The management is always helpful and courteous. We could not be happier about our choice to call this home.
- Wayne C.(Resident/Homeowner)|September 25, 2017We purchased our property in April 2009. Since that time fees have gone from $330.00 to $438.00. It's very expensive to live here and increases are coming every 2 years. The last increase was $38.00 per month. The bocce ball court, 9 hole mini golf and shuffleboard have all been removed by management with no consultation with the inmates. We are without a voice here.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 24, 2013Considering how inexpensive the homes are here it's a really good value. No, the amenities are not fancy but it has everything I need in a good location. Plus it has on-site RV storage which was a must for me.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Vista View Resort. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Vista View Resort has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.