- Price Range
- High $100s - High $900s
- Home Types
- Attached, Single-Family
- Number of Homes
- New And Resale Homes
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1986 - Present
- Robson Communities
- 12 reviews
SaddleBrooke is a Robson active adult community in Tucson. It is nestled at the base of the towering Santa Catalina Mountains, which provide breathtaking views and boundless recreational opportunities. An award-winning lineup of world-class amenities and social activity make this a favorite for active retirees. Unlike most age-restricted communities reserved for residents aged 55 and older, this active adult community allows people 40 and older to reside in the community.
Since the 1970s, Robson Communities has been building some of the finest active adult retirement communities in Arizona. SaddleBrooke is arguably one of their finest creations. Construction began in 1986. Since then, Robson has completed over 4,500 luxurious single-family homes and villas.
In this community, residents have an endless array of world-class amenities at their fingertips. Several large clubhouses and fitness facilities boast some of the finest amenities of any Tucson active adult community. The Sports Club includes a state-of-the-art fitness center, outdoor lap pool, and spa, library and meeting rooms.
The DesertView Performing Arts Center includes an extravagant performing arts theater with stage and stadium-style seating for 478 people. It hosts a variety of theatrical performances and guest speakers.
Additionally, the MountainView Country Club and Preserve Country Club at Saddlebrooke in Tucson, AZ each include amenities such as large clubhouses that have creative arts and hobby studios, full-service restaurants, fitness centers, ballrooms, pro shops, and resort-style outdoor pools.
Outdoor attractions include miles of scenic walking and biking trails, pickleball courts, a softball field, bocce ball, and tennis courts.
Golf enthusiasts are spoiled with 63 spectacular holes of golf. There are two semi-private 18-hole championship courses. The semi-private Preserve and MountainView Golf Clubs provide a pleasant and challenging golf experience. The towering Santa Catalina Mountains offer a dramatic visual impact and pleasant distraction.
Construction has begun on the Ranch House Clubhouse, a 40,000 square foot facility that will be home to a ballroom/auditorium with stage, a full-service bar and grill, a private dining room, and a craft brewery that produce beer to be served in the bar. Outdoors, an expansive terraced patio and event lawn are sure to be popular gathering places.
SaddleBrooke Homes & Real Estate
Homebuyers have numerous real estate options that include a continually changing lineup of pre-owned single-family homes and villa townhomes. Homes were built over a 20-year period. As a result, there are many styles, floor plans and included features. Recently constructed homes include some of the latest desirable options including gourmet kitchens, expansive great rooms and spa-like master bathrooms. SaddleBrooke's rolling terrain and gentle undulations provide many residents with magnificent views of the golf course and nearby mountains.
A list of over 100 charter clubs, interest groups and leagues provide the residents with both physically active and socially engaging lifestyle options. Regardless of your passion, you are sure to find other like-minded individuals who share your interests. Plus, the community activities director provides a fun assortment of fitness classes and day trips to local cultural attractions and entertainment venues.
Many active adult communities in southern and central Arizona boast great mountains "views," but few can claim their community is literally built on the side of a mountain range that climbs to 9,100 feet above sea level. Residents have the luxury of walking out their back door into the 1.78 million acre Coronado National Forest. It is filled with an endless of array of recreational pursuits ideal for outdoor enthusiasts. The Forest includes hundreds of miles of hiking and biking trails, ski resorts and campgrounds.
SaddleBrooke is perched 25 miles north of downtown Tucson at an elevation of 3,200 feet. Here summers are cooler, the air is cleaner and congestion is virtually non-existent. Within 10 minutes, residents have access to many everyday shopping conveniences such as grocery stores, retail outlets, pharmacies and restaurants.
MountainView Country Club
The MountainViewc clubhouse is the social hub of SaddleBrooke. Here you will find:
- Clubhouse - 28,500 Sq. Ft.
- Palo Verde Bistro
- Meeting Rooms
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Yoga/Aerobics/Dance Rooms
- Creative Arts Center
- Ceramics Studio
- Sewing Studio
- Stained Glass Studio
- 2 Outdoor Pools
- Tennis Courts
DesertView Sports Club & Performing Arts Theater
The DesertView Sports Club & Performing Arts Theater offers great ways to stay active and in shape.
- DesertView Performing Arts Theater - 478 Seats
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Yoga/Aerobics/Dance Rooms
- Outdoor Lap Pool
- Tennis Courts
- Softball Field
- Basketball Court
- Volleyball Court
- Badminton Courts
- Dexter's Place Dog Park
MountainView Golf Club
This public golf club features 18 holes of championship golf designed by the Gary Panks Team.
- 18-Hole Golf Course
- Driving Range
- Pro Shop
The Preserve Golf Club
The Preserve Golf Club is the second golf course located at SaddleBrooke.
- 18-Hole Golf Course
- Driving Range & Putting Area
- Pro Shop
SaddleBrooke Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in SaddleBrooke. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Women On Our Own
- Jewish Friendship Group
- British Club
- Dog Park Association
- Singles Club
- Sisters in SaddleBrooke
- Alt Deutsche Band
- Ballroom Dance
- Coyote Country Cloggers
- Canada Del Oro Barber Shop Chorus
- Partner Western Dance
- Silver Belles Dance Team
- Square Dance
- String Players Ensemble
- The Clogging Desert Stars
- Symphony Guild
- Readers Theatre
- Hi-Horse Cloggers
- Books On Wheels
- Care & Share
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors
- Friends of Oracle State Park, Inc.
- Masonic Temple Lodge #51 F&AM
- National Society Daughters of the American Colonists (DAC)
- National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR)
- Republican Women of Pinal County
- Rotary Club of SaddleBrooke
- Community Outreach
- Dessert & Discussion
- German-American Friendship Group
- Metaphysical Study Group
- Computer Club
- Off-Road Bunch - 4-Wheel Drive
- Radio-Controlled Model Flying & Boat
- RV Club
- MountainView Lady Putters
- Niners Ladies' Golf Association
- Men's Golf Association (SMGA)
- Men Putters (SBMPG)
- MountainView / The Preserve Ladies' 9-Hole Golf Association
- SaddleBrooke Women's Golf Association - 18
- Verde Sputters
- Aqua Aerobics
- MVAC Water Aerobic Classes
- Slow-Pitch Softball
- Table Tennis
- Tennis Club
- Health & Wellness
- Bridge Classes at SaddleBrooke
- Bridge Coach at SaddleBrooke
- Evening Mixed Gin Rummy
- Men's Bridge
- Mixed Intermediate Bridge for Fun
- Monday Ladies' Open Bridge
- Monday Mixed Duplicate Bridge
- MountainView Duplicate Bridge
- Partners Bridge #1
- Ladies' Party Bridge
- Thursday MountainView Ladies' Canasta
- Wednesday Night Party Bridge
- Wednesday Night Ladies' Canasta
- Ladies' Duplicate Bridge
- Brandy's Beading
- Friday Morning Quilting
- Sewing Machine Embroidery
- Needlecraft Group
- Fine Arts Guild
- Gift Shop
- Knitting Group (Knit-Wits)
- Sew and Sews
- Sew-Busy Cut-Ups
- Silversmith & Lapidary
- Gift Shop
Price Range: High $100s - Mid $200s
Villa Homes are available on a resale only basis. These attached residences feature one to two bedrooms, at least two bathrooms, and an attached garage.View Floorplans
Saddlebrook Single Family Homes
Price Range: High $100s - High $900s
There are many single-family home options throughout SaddleBrooke. Buyers can select a new or resale home that ranges between 1,335 and 3,484 square feet in size. There are many options with one to five bedrooms, at least two bathrooms, and an attached garages. These homes were designed with active adults in mind with main-level living and low-maintenance exteriors.View Floorplans
|Model Name||Sq. Ft.||Beds||Baths||Garage|
|Cortez||1335||1 + Den - 2||2||2|
|Chaparral||1432||2 + Den||2||2|
|Hermosa||1513||2 - 2 + Den||2||2 - 2.5|
|Bella||1589||2 + Den - 3||2||2|
|Diego||1600 - 1810||1 + Den - 3||2 - 3||2|
|Mateo||1665||1 + Den - 2||2||2|
|Dolce||1744||2 + Den - 3||2.5||2|
|Artesa||1865||2 + Den - 3||2 - 2.5||2.5|
|Montana||1870 - 2360||2 - 3 + Den||2||2|
|Fresco||1997||2 + Den||2.5||2|
|Strada||2007||2 + Den - 3||2.5||2.5|
|Alameda||2021||2 + Den - 3||2||2|
|Covina||2046||2 + Den - 4||2.5 - 3.5||2.5|
|Mirasol||2188||2 + Den - 3 + Den||2.5 - 3.5||2.5|
|Cheyenne||2256 - 2835||3 - 3 + Den||2.5||2 - 3|
|Pima||2323||2 + Den - 4||2.5 - 3.5||2.5|
|Dakota||2368 - 2647||3 - 4||2 - 3||2 - 2.5|
|Estancia||2420 - 2440||2 - 2 + Den||2 - 3||2|
|Verano||2576||2 + Den - 3 + Den||2.5 - 3.5||2.5|
|Galleria||2610 - 4110||2 - 4||2.5 - 3.5||3|
|Borgata||2623||2 + Den||2.5||2.5|
|Sabino||2681||2 + Den - 4||2.5 - 3.5||3|
|Cambria||2695 - 2935||2 + Den - 3 + Den||2.5||2 - 2.5|
|Durango||2838 - 3408||2 - 3||1.5 - 2||3|
|Sundance||3207 - 3484||3 + Den - 5||2.5 - 3.5||3|
The Preserve at Saddlebrooke Single Family Homes
Price Range: Mid $500s - High $900s
The Preserve at SaddleBrooke is the pinnacle of country club living. Located in the northeastern section of SaddleBrooke, exceptional home sites offer outstanding views and privacy without seclusion. The Preserve at SaddleBrooke has come to be known as a prestigious area of luxurious, upscale homes surrounded by the panoramic splendor of the Santa Catalina Mountains. The Preserve is a place where dramatic vistas are filled with high Sonoran desert terrain and majestic mountain views that defy description.View Floorplans
- Lani M.|November 6, 2019Regarding the Preserve, the only place to walk your dog is on the street or a limited number of sidewalks. There is a dog park, not close, that you pay $100.00 (perhaps more now)per year per dog- AND there are many rules. No dogs are allowed anywhere around the facilities unless it is a service dog. So many rules for everything -
Such a beautiful area to live in BUT do extensive research before you buy or build at the Preserve..
- Jan C.|June 10, 2018Great place to live. Want friends? There are lots of people, with lots to share, teach, team-up, or not. Want great clubs? Want to learn a new skill, teach a skill, join a group?? Pretty much...you name it!!! Want to be alone...hey...you can do that too!!!
- Sara l.|May 31, 2017We use to live there. Had to move due go family situation but heading back there. Fabulous. Has full range with villas, townhomes to the luxury end at the Preserve. So many activities. Warm desert but a lot cooler than Phoenix with foothill location and views. Between all the various sections there are already 4 and half golf courses and multiple clubhouses. Golf cart community. Reasonable prices.really like a full range of ages. from folks in 40's on up.
- IAS Been here for 3 years (Resident/Homeowner)|August 30, 2015We moved here in 2002 and lived here 5 years, then my husband was transferred to a bigger market at the beginning of 2007. When he retired 5 years later, we came back to Saddlebrooke, bought a new energy efficient home, and could not be happier. There's a supermarket 5 minutes away, plenty of good doctors, an A-rated hospital, and so many great people and activity. We love it here and now have friends who have moved here from N. CA and Oregon.
There is also a large shopping center within 15 minutes. We would not want to live in Tucson.
- Been here a year (Resident/Homeowner)|December 7, 2014After one year residing in SaddleBrooke HOA 1, the first section built, we thank the beautiful stars above everyday that we made the move.
The views and big open skies greet us almost everyday. The occasional rainfall refreshes. Our home was built in 1995 and is almost maintenance free due to the fine construction. Our utility bills are a third of what we use to day due to the fine insulation and home site placement.
Contrary to some comments, medical care is excellent. NW Physicians has an office in the neighborhood with top rated physicians and even one of Tucson's best cardiologist visits weekly. Ora Valley Hospital is minutes away. Golder Ranch Fire and EMT service arrive in less than five minutes when called.
There is virtually no crime with private patrol, Neighborhood Watch and Pinal Sheriff on site. Quiet yes, peaceful yes, Lots of activities and good neighbors. HOA rules are minor, just outside paint and landscape rules which keep the community beautiful. We are so grateful we found this place. Our home has become a destination for friends and family to visit and recharge in the desert.
- DMG (Resident/Homeowner)|October 11, 2014Just got here so premature to tell if a permanent place. Little far out from everything with many HOA rules and regs not to mention club house closes down too early. Other than that neat concept with good mountain views.
- Jillianne |August 13, 2014We stayed a week in a rental casita last May. We fell in love with Saddlebrooke (as mentioned, this is different than Saddlebrooke Ranch). We wanted to live in a very quiet community and this is one. We also wanted a large community so it wouldn't feel like we were limited in meeting new people. We also anted to be able to bike and walk while still in our community. This community is far enough away from families with children and young adults to ensure a serene setting. Another reviewer said there isn't a hospital close by. That is not true. The Sierra Tucson Hospital is 2 or 3 miles away on S. Lago del Oro Parkway. Bashas grocery store is 6 or 7 miles away. We loved all three pools, and all the tennis courts. Heck, we are even tempted to take up golf. Having 3 restaurants within the community is wonderful. The grounds are pristine and we so enjoyed walking around the neighborhood near the casita. We have been looking at communities for 3 years and haven't found anything we like better.
- hytek |October 2, 2013My wife and I stayed at one of the try before you buy weekends. Saddlebrook is a lovely very large place to live. The property is virtually built out. The homes are top quality with great layouts. HOA fees are around $1500 a year last I heard. The facilities and grounds are top notch. It is not located in Tucson as listed. It is a bit of a drive to everything. The place is so large there are actually several outdoor pools located at strategic points. The main clubhouse and pools are beautiful. Don't confuse this place with Saddlebrook Ranch which is across the highway.
- Don |September 23, 2013My wife and I stayed on one of there 3 night stays in a condo combined with a sales pitch. The place is very nice and very LARGE. My first impression was the facilities are wonderful and the grounds are beautiful. My second impression was that this place is far from everything. It's not really in Tucson it's closer to Oro Valley. You have to drive like 5 miles just to get to the highway. The scenery is spectacular. My only reservation with this place is you have to drive far to all shopping, restaurants, medical facilities etc. That being said if you never have to eat or buy groceries or get sick this is the perfect place to live.
- Susan L.|April 29, 2013I have been looking at this community and it seems that SaddleBrooke is in Tucson and the newer SaddleBrooke Ranch is in Oracle. Both are wonderful communities. The mountain views here are amazing and it's very quiet. After years of living in a large city we wanted to get away from it all and that's just what we found here. I really like that SaddleBrooke offers access to the Coronado Forest. I can imagine spending a lot of time enjoying the trails!
- visited in January |January 31, 2013My husband and I visited Saddlebrooke for the month of January to explore the possibility of retiring there one day. The address is deceptive. It is NOT in Tucson. It is NOT NEAR Tucson. It is in Oracle -- FOUR towns away from Tucson. Very deceiving. It is an hour's drive from the Tucson airport. And, for a community that has nearly 5,000 homes, it has no supermarket!! You have to drive 25 min. to get to one. The restaurants that are in the community are marginal. Again, you have to drive 25 min. to get to a decent one. 45 min. if you want choices.
Positives: The homes are lovely, the people are very nice, the activities and golf are great. That said, the fitness center needs updating.
- SS C.(Resident/Homeowner)|November 23, 2011SaddleBrooke is an astonishingly wonderful place to live. Nestled in the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, the views are incredible. The elevation is high enough to make our temperatures about 8degrees cooler than Tucson and 15 degrees cooler than Phoenix. There are so many activities here that if you tried something new everyday, you wouldn't be able to try them all within the time frame of an average 25 year retirement. Unlike many of the other communities in the area, this is a year round community with the majority of the residents having this as their primary home which gives it the feeling of a real community, not just a winter resort. Having a theater, several restaurants, golf courses, tennis courts, and fitness centers all provide for real entertainment. One of the best aspects of the community is the very reasonable HOA dues which are some of the lowest in Arizona, despite the fact that this community has some of the best amenities. We looked for a place to settle for nearly two years, checking out about 15 communities, and SaddleBrooke was... hands down... the best of the lot.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of SaddleBrooke. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding SaddleBrooke has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.