Archive: November 2010
- Jubilee at Hawks Prairie, in Lacey, Washington, has a new owner, and a new name. In June 2010, Shea Homes purchased the existing development from Jenamar Communities, and rechristened the community “Shea Homes at Jubilee.” What does this mean for current residents, and what plans does Shea Homes have in store for this resort-style community?
- When selling your home, the For Sale By Owner route may seem like an attractive way to save money. By cutting out the middleman, you tcould keep the entire profit of the sale for yourself. However, choosing to sell your home yourself comes with certain risks, and it may not be the most effective approach in today’s challenging market.
- CantaMia in Goodyear, Arizona, is a brand new gated community that is already catching the eye of many Phoenix-bound active adults and retirees. Built by Joseph Carl Homes, CantaMia will have 1,700 residences which will include both attached and detached homes. CantaMia is designed for residents aged 55 or better, yet it is located within the larger community of Estrella, which is open to all ages.
- In the United States, the actual age of retirement can vary widely from one person to the next. Some people retire in their mid-forties and others continue working well into their eighties (or even later). Many people who officially retire from their careers decide to continue working part time, or start an entirely new second career. As the idea of retirement becomes clearer, do you have a plan for retiring at a certain age? If so, what steps are you taking to make that happen?
- Lake Providence in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee, is a gated community that has become increasingly popularity among active adults. The beautiful area, resort-style amenities, myriad social clubs and friendly residents are just a few of the reasons why, in 2010, Lake Providence ranks as one of the Top 5 best selling Del Webb communities in the entire country.
- South Florida has been a popular retirement spot for decades. The sunny beaches, spectacular golf courses, fantastic attractions and resort-style communities draw active adult retirees year after year. However, as in other parts of the country, South Florida’s housing market has been hit hard. As the economy begins to slowly rebound, is South Florida real estate showing signs of life?
- Bailey’s Glen, located on Charlotte’s north side, is a brand new community which offers North Carolina residents an attractive alternative in active adult living. Built by South Creek Homes, this thoughtfully planned community offers an intimate setting with semi-customizable homes, each designed to appeal to older adults.
- Kids, teens, and adults of all ages have fun kicking up their heels with a little line dancing. At active adult communities, residents can often participate in line dancing classes or join a line dancing social club. But what is it about this activity that draws in both dancers and non-dancers alike?
- Southern California has long been a popular destination for retiring active adults, yet many people are afraid that the area’s home prices are out of reach. Though Southern California is home to some affluent areas, there are also several active adult communities which offer reasonably priced condos, duplexes, townhomes and single-family homes.
- Cost of living is one of the most important factors to consider when it comes to relocating, yet this concept is often overlooked. When planning a relocation, do you know how an area’s cost of living will affect you? Fortunately, there are many tools and guides available online to help you compare a possible destination to your current location before making the decision to move.