Archive: December 2013
- Open to residents of all ages, Mizner Country Club offers a fabulous retreat for active adults in Delray Beach, Florida. This Toll Brothers community features upscale single-family homes, an elegant clubhouse and a variety of resort-style amenities. Mizner Country Club residents also have the ability to customize their activities with multiple membership options.
- If you're thinking of selling your home in 2014, some simple enhancements may help you find a buyer more quickly. Tackling those minor repairs that have lingered on your to-do list is a great place to start. A few additional updates will really show your home in the best light.
- Scottsdale, Arizona, has been a popular retirement destination for many years. Active adults looking for an intimate, well-established community in this fabulous area won't want to miss Heritage Village IV. Here they will find resort-style amenities, low-maintenance attached homes and a varied line-up of special-interest clubs and fun activities.
- Each January, millions of Americans ring in the new year with resolutions to lose weight and get in shape. However, New Year's resolutions can be about more than fitting into a smaller dress size or pumping up your biceps. If you are looking for inspiration, check out these New Year resolution ideas.
- With a beautiful location in Indio, California, Sun City Shadow Hills offers a fabulous retirement destination for active adults who dream of living in the Coachella Valley. Resort-style amenities throughout the community include two impressive clubhouses, 36 holes of golf, hobby and game rooms, swimming pools, sports courts and much more.
- Active adults who want to retire to the mountains may love the scenic communities in the Eastern Tennessee area. East Tennessee is a part of Appalachia. It is often called the birthplace of country music, and it is home to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- The Parke at Ocean Pines is a well-established active adult community in the heart of Maryland's Eastern Shore. While this lovely neighborhood has just 503 homes, residents can enjoy a wide range of amenities including an exclusive, on-site clubhouse and many recreations in the larger Ocean Pines community.
- In 2013, the rebounding housing market went through many changes. Home prices rose, the home inventory bottomed out, and there are now fewer available short sales and foreclosures than this time last year. Interest rates are continuing to slowly rise and there is an upswing in new construction homes.
- In Wall Township, New Jersey, active adult can enjoy low-maintenance living and resort-style amenities in Four Seasons at Wall. This lovely gated community welcomes residents aged 55 or better with an inviting clubhouse and many outdoor recreations. Four Seasons at Wall features luxurious homes, yet its smaller size gives the neighborhood plenty of small-town charm.
- Beloved Christmas songs may be covered by today's popular pop artists, but many Baby Boomers remember growing up when these favorites were first released. The 1940s and 1950s were a boom period for Christmas songs with the introduction of hits like The Christmas Song, Silver Bells, White Christmas and Winter Wonderland.