Archive: February 2015
- Set just 30 minutes south of Houston, Bellavita at Green Tee provides resort-style living for active adults aged 55 or better. This gated community is on the smaller side, with just 675 single-family homes, yet it boasts many of the same desirable amenities that are found in larger developments. Its fabulous location, in Pearland, Texas, also places residents within easy reach of retail centers, restaurants and local attractions.
- In real estate, a common catch phrase is "location, location, location." A home in a great location may be more likely to hold its value, while also placing you closer to local attractions. Yet, you also can't overlook the importance of price when choosing a home. You don't want to overextend yourself, especially when heading into your retirement years. So which is more important: location or price?
- In East Long Island, New York, Encore at Atlantic Shores provides luxury living for active adults aged 55 or better. This upscale townhome community has a prime location, just a few miles from South Shore Beaches. Residents are just 30 minutes from The Hamptons and about two hours from Manhattan. Closer to home, the surrounding area features shops, restaurants and a variety of local entertainment.
- We are excited to announce the launch of our newly designed website at 55places.com. One of our main goals was to build a user-friendly and simple-to-navigate site. We wanted to provide visitors an easier way to find and research the perfect active adult community. Our website's enhanced modern design, intuitive search function and agent testimonials are some of the latest features you can now enjoy.
- Ohio might not be the first state that comes to mind when thinking about retirement. However active adults in the Midwest can find many low-maintenance home options without having to move far away from friends and family. Specifically, the active lifestyle communities in the Columbus, Ohio area offer great home options for working adults and retirees.
- Nestled amid scenic lakes and natural wetlands, Highland Lakes offers active adult living in Leesburg, Florida. This 55+ community features over 900 homes, as well as an inviting clubhouse and a number of appealing indoor and outdoor amenities. Its Central Florida location, close to the Florida Turnpike, makes it easy for residents to enjoy the world-class attractions in Orlando and to travel throughout the Sunshine State.
- When it comes to relocating for retirement there are many things to take into consideration besides climate and attractions. While Florida, Arizona, and Texas are popular destinations for active adult communities, many other states provide veterans with benefits that range from special exemptions, number of VA healthcare facilities, and job opportunities specifically designed for the retired military.
- As part of the larger Seven Oaks community, The Greens at Seven Oaks is a gated enclave which welcomes active adults to beautiful Bakersfield, California. This friendly neighborhood includes 404 single-family homes, as well as access to indoor and outdoor amenities, including two clubhouses, two restaurants and 27 holes of golf. The community's prime location also places residents within easy reach of shopping centers and local entertainment.
- Whether on a smartphone or tablet, apps now days are designed for more than just entertainment. Baby Boomers have been using a variety of useful apps for managing time, balancing checkbooks, staying fit, and keeping in touch with loved ones. Here is a list of 10 popular apps among retirees and working active adults.
- Active adults looking for resort-style living in Coastal North Carolina may find their ideal home in Ocean Ridge Plantation. While this luxurious community is open to residents of all ages, retirees and empty nesters will particularly enjoy its many social and recreational amenities, which include four golf courses, a four-acre fishing lake and a private beach. The community is also 45 minutes from Wilmington and only 25 minutes north of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.