Archive: November 2015
- Retirement means having more time than ever to take up new hobbies, or reinvest time in an old favorite. If skiing is your pastime of choice, there are plenty of active adult communities from coast to coast that will put you within a quick driving distance of your favorite mountain resorts. Here are a few of our top choices:
- Active adults and retirees looking for a friendly and affordable 55+ community in the Greater Phoenix East Valley can look no further than Meridian Manor. This age-restricted neighborhood in Apache Junction, Arizona, features a central location with easy access to Mesa, Phoenix, and Tucson. Meridian Manor is a gated neighborhood and consists of 443 single-family homes, which provide residents with a safe and welcoming environment. Affordable homeowners’ association fees and well-appointed amenities make Meridian Manor an attractive 55+ neighborhood for active adult homebuyers in Central Arizona.
- Active adult communities pride themselves on just that: a sense of community. While you may not have known your neighbors before, people are moving into 55+ communities for a sense of camaraderie and exciting things to do. That being said, it’s up to residents to keep that sense of neighborly care alive. Here are a few of our favorite ways to “pay it forward,” keeping the positive flow of your community on track.
- Many retirees dream of the day when they ditch the snow shovel for the last time for the warm and bucolic life in a temperate climate. But are you ready to toss your belongings into a truck, hit the open road, and resettle in a brand new region? Here we take a look at ways to prepare for a new life in an unfamiliar land.
- Everyone wants to have a secure financial future but there are unforeseen events that could happen down the road. That’s why it’s important to have a plan in place when sorting out your finances for retirement. Some active adults and retirees seek the help of a financial advisor when planning for their retirement. It’s always a good idea to be prepared and informed when meeting with your financial advisor to get the most out of your planning session. Whether you are close to being retired or just a few years away, asking the right questions ahead of time can have a major impact in the long run.
- If you’re looking for a new home and want to move to Sun City, Arizona, check out Four Seasons at The Manor. This brand new active adult community will consist of 140 beautiful single-family homes built by premier developer K. Hovnanian. Four Seasons at The Manor will take up residence on the vacant 27-acre parcel that was originally Sun City by Del Webb.
- Among the hundreds of 55+ communities in Florida, Las Verdes stands out from the crowd. Las Verdes features a sterling list of amenities and low-maintenance condominium and attached homes in the highly coveted city of Delray Beach. Las Verdes is large enough to represent a diverse range of clubs and events, but small enough that new residents don’t get lost in the crowd.
- Fitness into your 50s and beyond is so integral to a healthy lifestyle that developers make exercise a key component of their communities. It’s no mistake that a vast majority of 55+ communities have fitness centers. The benefits of exercising regularly are too numerous to list and workout spaces are in such high demand that they’re nearly mandatory for active adult neighborhoods.
- You may have seen the term “master-planned community” when searching for a new 55+ home but didn’t know what it meant. A master-planned community is a type of residential development that includes a mix of homes constructed by various builders and includes recreational amenities on a larger scale.