Archive: December 2015
- Movies play a big role in our lives that reflect a special moment in time. They're also great to share with our children and family because we love them so much. Baby Boomers are probably the most impacted by movies because they were the first generation that grew up watching blockbuster movies in theaters and then later in the comfort of their own home.
- Waiting for offers to roll in for your home is an anxiety-filled experience. The only thing that makes it worse is when that experience drags on unnecessarily, especially since the first 30 days on the market are when your home gets the most activity. After that window closes, selling your home can become an arduous, excruciating process that seems like it might never end.
- Now selling in Middlesex County, New Jersey is K. Hovnanian’s newest community in the Garden State: Four Seasons at Monroe. K. Hovnanian’s popular Four Seasons brand has become synonymous with active adult communities that combine modern styles with traditional sensibilities, creating a unique 55+ lifestyle that has been attracting active adults and retirees to their communities for decades.
- 55places.com is proud to announce 2015’s community of the year: The Villages in Florida. The Villages continues to be the standard-bearer of active adult communities - although calling it an active adult community seems like an understatement, considering that The Villages has over 50,000 homes and more amenities per capita than any city in the country.
- Your ideal Long Island retirement awaits you at HarborView, conveniently located in Port Washington, New York. While many Baby Boomers are flocking to beaches for retirement, you don’t have to go that far from friends and family to get a great retirement experience. HarborView allows you to stay close to New York City while still experiencing the quaint, quiet retirement lifestyle of your dreams.
- If you dream of retiring to warm temperatures and views of palm trees, you may want to look into the active adult communities of Murrieta, California. This city in Riverside County, right in Southern California, has one of the fastest growing populations in the state thanks to reasonably priced homes and a safe and welcoming environment.
- Retirees in 2015 are living in a golden age of information. Almost any question you have can be easily answered by a quick Google search. In most instances, this is great news, but in the case of healthcare, it’s easy for those answers to be misconstrued or flat out false, depending on your sources. Here, we’ve compiled a list of reputable resources for healthcare questions and answers from common Baby Boomer illnesses to retirement insurance plans. But when in doubt, remember that it’s always best to contact a doctor if you have questions about specific symptoms.
- If you’re dealing with a smaller-than-desired nest egg, you may be looking for other ways to create retirement income. Two of the most common ways to do so are investing in the stock market and investing in real estate. So how can real estate help retirees, and what are the pros and cons to investing?
- If you’ve ever desired retiring at the foot of majestic mountain ranges while having a thriving urban center at your fingertips, Brio in St. George, Utah has you covered. This brand new 55+ neighborhood sits in the shadow of Signal Peak and is near all the attractions that have made St. George a booming town over the last several years.
- Think you can’t afford the retirement of your dreams? Think again. 55 Places is excited to announce our annual list of the 25 best value communities for 2015. As this list shows, living in a luxurious 55+ community does not require a gold mine for a retirement fund, as several communities provide incredible homes, resort-style amenities, and in-demand locations at prices attainable by most active adults.