Archive: November 2016
- If you prefer a movie marathon to running a marathon, then there is an active adult community for you. Some of the best active adult communities offer amenities that cater to movie lovers by offering movie nights, film clubs, and on-site theaters. From large communities offering state-of-the-art movie theaters with sound systems to smaller neighborhoods with media rooms and big screen TVs, these active adult communities are bringing dozens of residents together who love the silver screen.
- From the “purple mountain majesties” of America the Beautiful to John Muir’s, "The Mountains Are Calling, it’s hardly a secret that the world’s peaks are both beautiful and inspiring. But what many don’t know is that mountain living is also extremely beneficial for one’s health. And there are some truly unexpected reasons why the body benefits from living in the hills. Here are five reasons why living in the mountains might just be one of the best choices you could ever make for your health.
- Lennar's premier active adult community in historic Williamsburg, Virginia is Colonial Heritage. This community is the ideal retirement destination for baby boomers who are in search of resort-style living. Discover all that Colonial Heritage has to offer active adults.
- Being young at heart enables you to see the humor in life and the ability push fear aside and try new things. This is as true at 65 as it is at 18 and staying young at heart has a positive effect on your overall health. Having a hobby that focuses your attention on an activity that you enjoy is another way to stay young at heart and gives you a common interest with others who participate in the same activities. The following are hobbies that will keep you healthy and provide hours of personal and physical satisfaction.
- A rather new concept in Western civilization, ‘Mindfulness' is an ancient practice found in a wide range of Eastern philosophies and incorporates elements of Taoism, Buddhism, and yoga. It is a method of bringing awareness to the present moment of your thoughts, feelings, sensations of your body, and your surrounding environment. Researchers have found that those who practice mindfulness can tune into the present moment instead of living in past regret and the what-ifs of the future, allowing them to live a more positive lifestyle.
- What makes your active adult community the best in the country? We wanted to know, so we asked active adults all over the country to tell us why they love their 55+ community –– and as an added incentive, one of the respondents won a brand new tablet!
- Maintaining your physical health increases your life span and ability to enjoy life now and in retirement. There are numerous ways to exercise, whether you're 18 or 80. Running, jogging, or doing some laps in the community pool will help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. A post-workout routine will help you to receive the most benefit from your workout, whether exercising to lose weight or add bulk. Following are five important things to do after your workout that will help you get the most from your exercise regimen.
- Many retirees are looking for retirement communities that provide them opportunities to stay active during their retirement. From indoor fitness centers to pools, to social clubs, these communities have a lot to offer. Discover 55places.com's list of the 20 most active communities.