Archive: February 2017
- A proposed active adult community could be developed next to the Capital One Campus in Goochland County, VA. HHHunt Homes plans to develop a 520-home active adult community on 208 acres off Tuckahoe Creek Parkway near the Capital One Financial Corporation’s West Creek campus. This will be HHHunt’s first community in Goochland County.
- Trilogy Orlando, a 55+ community in Groveland, FL, is unveiling its newest model homes to the public this week during its grand opening celebration. Active adult homebuyers in search of fresh and innovative floor plans will be the first to get a sneak peak of Shea Homes’ newest home designs.
- Active adult homebuyers looking for big value and quality construction in Southern New Jersey should be sure to check out The Village Grande at English Mill. Located just minutes from the coast and within a short drive of both daily conveniences and major attractions like Ocean City and Atlantic City the community is also far enough away to maintain its welcoming and tranquil atmosphere.
- Whether you’re looking for a little extra money or not quite ready to dive into retirement, you’re not alone. Plenty of folks across the country are choosing to stick with the grind, at least part-time, but some cities are more friendly to the semi-retired than others. CareerBuilder released a list of the cities with the largest proportion of 55+ workers, so you can bet that these destinations will have opportunities to fill your golden years.
- D.R. Horton has ten communities live in Jacksonville Florida and soon there will be an eleventh. Horton has a wide variety of homes and communities all along the St. Johns River and Cedar Point Creek area. The 155 new homes will be a part of Horton's new Freedom Homes brand, featuring low-maintenance models for persons 55 or better.
- The way people prepared for their retirement has changed dramatically over the last few decades. It used to be that most people planned and saved for their retirement the same way and those plans were fairly predictable. However, nothing could be further from today's reality where planning and saving for retirement is a much, much different scenario.
- A new active adult community may be coming to East Allen Township in Pennsylvania. Builder Toll Brothers received conditional-use approval from the Board of Supervisors recently to develop a 55+ community called Regency at Creekside Meadows. This new age-restricted community, which will require at least one resident to be over the age of 55, will be built on 100 acres along the western edge of Route 512 and across from Steuben Road.
- Baby Boomers who own pets develop a special bond. Studies have also shown that retirees who have pets in their life have a more active and healthier lifestyle as well as a more positive social environment. With so many benefits it’s easy to see why Boomers don’t want to part ways with their beloved pet when it’s time to move into an active adult community. One of the first questions many retirees ask before making their move is if the active adult community is pet friendly. More builders have taken note of the increase in active adult pet owners. There are 55+ communities across the country that welcome pet lovers and offer amenities like parks and open spaces that cater to their furry friend. While many age-restricted communities have different rules when it comes to pets, Boomers are sure to find the ideal 55-plus community that caters to pet lovers.
- Heritage at Cadence is one of Nevada’s newest 55-plus communities and its modern amenities certainly do not disappoint. Located just a twenty-minute drive from the heart of Las Vegas, the community offers a low-maintenance and relaxing lifestyle as well as a convenient place for experiencing the glitz and glamor of the Vegas Strip. Heritage at Cadence is located within the master-planned community of Cadence, meaning the amenities don’t just stop at what’s in Heritage, but include the convenience of living in a leafy suburb.
- Caldwell Companies, a Houston developer of commercial and residential projects, has launched an active adult homebuilding division called Caldwell Homes that will build luxury homes for 55+ buyers. Caldwell Homes will make its debut in the active adult market at its master-planned community of Towne Lake in Cypress, Texas (link: https://www.neighborhoods.com/towne-lake-cypress-tx ). The master-planned community, which provides residents with resort-style amenities and lakeside living, currently includes Heritage Towne Lake (link: https://www.55places.com/texas/communities/heritage-towne-lake ), which is an exclusive enclave built for active adult residents, as well as Sunset Harbor, which is a gated section that offers a maintenance-free lifestyle and waterfront homesites.