Archive: July 2017
- Sun Lakes Arizona is an established and luxurious active adult community situated in Central Arizona and just south of Chandler. This massive 40+ community has a total of 6,683 homes and is comprised of five distinct country club-style neighborhoods. Residents enjoy a wide selection of resort-style amenities, social activities, reasonably priced homes, and low-maintenance living in this age-restricted community in Maricopa County.
- Retirees looking for a tranquil retirement destination in the Midwest will find plenty of active adult communities throughout the Kansas City Area. Although the Kansas City Area isn’t as popular as other retirement locations like Florida, Arizona, or New Jersey, it does have something unique to offer the 55-plus crowd. Baby Boomers can find charming active adult communities that offer low-maintenance homes, well-appointed amenities, and a welcoming environment within a close-knit setting.
- Residents of The Villages who have dreamed of owning larger property space for a more rural vibe can now have that at Chatham Acres. Last month, The Villages released its new section called Chatham Acres, which is reserved for those 55 and better and offers homeowners five-acre parcels on SE Highway 42 and adjacent to the First Baptist Church at The Villages. Chatham Acres will consist of seven homesites with parcels priced starting in the $500s.
- Retirees who love the great outdoors are always in search of the next great hiking trail. Hiking is a great hobby that not only keeps Boomers active and healthy, but also allows them to seek new adventures while appreciating the natural beauty that surrounds them. Luckily, retirees can find hiking trails pretty much anywhere across the country. The Chicagoland Area, despite its reputation for being flat, has some terrific hiking paths just a short drive from the city. Whether active adults are looking for an outdoor workout, a wildlife encounter, or just a moment of peace and tranquility with Mother Nature, they’ll be able to find it near Chicago.
- Builder Shea Homes is gearing up to start building model homes at its newest 55+ community in Summerlin, Nevada. The builder plans to start construction in one to two months on Trilogy at Summerlin, which will host a total of 354 homes upon completion. The active adult community will span 53.5 acres and be located at the southwest corner of Flamingo Road and Town Center Drive. The builder will begin taking deposits from interested homebuyers this week.
- Situated in DeLand, Florida, Cresswind at Victoria Gardens is an impressive active adult community that’s just 30 miles north of Orlando. Cresswind at Victoria Gardens is the only age-restricted neighborhood that’s part of the Victoria Park master-planned development, which is made up of several distinct neighborhoods. The gated 55+ section provides retirees with small-town charm without sacrificing quality or comfort. Homeowners have access to a wide selection of resort-style amenities, a vibrant social atmosphere, and reasonably priced new and resale homes set within an attractive location in Central Florida.
- Environmental concerns could potentially stop the development of Ocala Ranch, a planned age-restricted community located about a half mile from the Withlacoochee River. The Marion Board of County Commissioners will hold a final hearing on the proposed development’s regional impact later this week to decide if it will give the final OK for the community to proceed with building plans.
- Solivita is an award-winning, 4,300-acre gated active adult community in Kissimmee, Florida. Solivita was named one of the nation’s Top 50 master-planned 55-plus communities by Where to Retire magazine for three years in a row and also made ideal-LIVING magazine’s Best of the Best list. This thoughtfully designed 55+ community is home to more than 7,000 homeowners and offers a long list of amenities, activities, and variety of homes offered by AV Homes. Solivita also boasts more than 150,000 square feet of amenities and recreational facilities that are woven into the natural landscape of the community, including sparkling lakes and streams that enhance the area’s picturesque setting.
- Ovation at Oak Tree, a new 55+ community in Lacey, WA, will host its grand opening model event on Saturday, July 29 from 10am to 6pm. Interested buyers can tour the newest model, The Elm, along with two other model homes as well as learn more information about this active adult community. The event will also include complimentary gourmet coffee, pastries, and snacks for guests.
- 55places.com is proud to announce its list of 55 Best 55+ Communities in the U.S. for 2017. All of the active adult communities featured on this list were carefully chosen based on research, feedback, and information gathered from numerous on-site tours of each community visited this year by the team at 55places.com. Throughout the years, our staff has toured more than 500 communities across the U.S. and continues to visit these communities to review every detail, amenity, lifestyle option, location, environment, and home in order to ensure every community belongs on this prestigious list.