Archive: December 2017
- In recent years, the Phoenix Area has become a growing destination for retirees nationwide. Its temperate climate and beautiful desert landscapes put Phoenix in the top ten places to kick back and find your perfect retirement escape. Of the options in this area, Dolce Vita at Superstition Mountain surely ranks near the top of anyone’s list.
- You don’t have to go over budget to get a piece of the action in Southeast Florida. The area’s sunny beaches, fantastic amenities, and impressive golf courses are within most homebuyer’s reach. Check out these active adult communities with attractive price points in one of the country's hottest real estate markets.
- As another year winds to a close, we put away the tree, the unwrapped presents, and empty champagne bottles. Now it’s time to look forward to reaching your goals for the future. As always, this is easier said than done. Planning for a great retirement isn’t easy, but doing the hard work now will make that retirement even better. Here are a few resolutions to make as we enter 2018 to help you get to retirement faster.
- It’s no shock that as Baby Boomers reach retirement age, many questions about the housing market need to be asked. Builder Online dissected the numbers recently released in a Transamerica Center for Retirement Studies report on the state of retirement. According to the research, two in five Americans will move when they retire, while 43% would prefer to move if they could. Understanding the desires of the coming group of retirees and how they will affect the housing market is key to the future of 55-plus communities.
- 55places.com is pleased to announce that Valencia Lakes by GL Homes is our 2017 active adult community of the year. The active adult community of the year is awarded to a development that makes substantial improvements to the quality of life of its residents, whether it be through opening clubhouses, offering new home models, or substantively expanding their clubs and activities.
- This year's list of the friendliest cities, compiled by the website Nextdoor.com, is a whos-who list of some of the most desirable communities in the United States. The top honor for the friendliest city went to one of the best-kept secrets of the Sacramento Area: El Dorado Hills. With its beautiful open spaces, thoughtful planning, and great access to shopping, dining, and entertainment, it is easy to see what the friendly residents of El Dorado Hills are so happy about.
- William Lyon Homes recently broke ground on a new active adult community within the master-planned community of Meridian in Queen Creek, Arizona. Ovation at Meridian will include three distinct neighborhoods with 780 single-family homes once complete. Homeowners will have access to all of the amenities at Meridian as well as a recreation center built specifically for the 55+ community.
- If you’re an active adult looking for a sunny retirement in a resort-style community, look no further than CantaMia in Goodyear, Arizona. Located in the growing suburbs of Phoenix, CantaMia is close to many dining, shopping, and entertainment options while also being tucked away from the bustle of the city and near several natural spaces. The gated community features a wide variety of private amenities for residents to enjoy. In addition to those amenities, CantaMia is located in the master-planned community of Estrella, which also has its own amenities for homeowners.
- Heritage El Dorado Hills, already one of the largest active adult communities in the Sacramento Area, is growing a little bit bigger in the coming months with the addition of the Reflections Collection to the east side of this remarkable neighborhood. The Reflections Collection will add 140 additional single-family homes to this popular active adult community.
- Active adults in Southern California have some good news coming their way. CalAtlantic has announced it will be building the first 55-plus community in the master-planned city of Irvine, California. Travata will feature three low-maintenance home models: Castillo, Palencia, and Aldea. Not only will the community feature amenities active adults have come to love, like an expansive clubhouse, saltwater pool, and sports courts, but its location in Irvine will mean residents are always close to great shopping and dining options.