Archive: January 2018
- Verano is an exclusive 55+ community within the master-planned development of Aliento in Santa Clarita, California. Retirees will love Verano’s elegant, single-story home designs as well as its resort-style amenities and exciting social atmosphere. Being situated in Los Angeles County also allows active adults to enjoy plenty of nearby conveniences and attractions along with easy access to fun cities like Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, and Bakersfield, which are all less than an hour-and-a-half drive away.
- For the third year in a row, national homebuilder and developer Taylor Morrison has received the 2018 America’s Most Trusted Home Builder award by Lifestory Research. 55places.com has the details.
- Prospective buyers looking for new, innovative home designs within an age-restricted community should check out The Villages at Two Rivers in Odenton, MD. Builder Winchester Homes has just unveiled its newest floor plan called Hanover. The Hanover is the largest floor plan from Winchester’s Craftsman Bungalow Series.
- With construction now complete, residents of Del Webb Lakewood Ranch can officially enjoy the active adult community’s brand new clubhouse. Built by Willis A. Smith Construction and designed by Hoyt Architects, the new clubhouse features a modern craftsman-style exterior that hosts a rich lineup of indoor and outdoor resort-style amenities. The clubhouse spans 21,000 square feet, providing homeowners with ample space to stay physically active and socially engaged no matter where they are located in the community.
- The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) named Atlanta-based homebuilder Jim Chapman Communities as the Builder of the Year at the 2018 Best of 55+ Housing Awards. The annual award ceremony, which celebrates the achievements of homebuilders who show excellence and innovation in design, development, lifestyle, and marketing for housing targeted to the 55+ crowd, was held during the International Builders’ Show in Orlando, Florida.
- There is a flurry of construction and activity happening at Kissing Tree, one of the Austin-Georgetown area’s largest and most highly anticipated active adult communities of 2018. The community’s earliest-arriving residents have been the first to witness the impressive progress on this distinctly Texan 55+ community.
- Coming to the Tampa Bay area is the new 55+ community called Del Webb Bexley in Land O’Lakes, Florida. Active adult homebuilder Del Webb plans to break ground on January 31, 2018 and will offer a gated, age-restricted community of 850 single-family homes spanning across 489 acres. Del Webb Bexley, which is scheduled to open for sales in 2019, will also feature an impressive lineup of resort-style amenities as well as an on-site lifestyle director who will help plan events for residents so they can have an active and social lifestyle.
- The coastal region of Georgia has attracted retirees for many years thanks to its 100 miles of beautiful shoreline bordering the Atlantic Ocean. Some active adults retire in Coastal Georgia because it offers a wide selection of beaches, water recreation, activities, breathtaking views, and warm weather. The region is also known for its historic towns, picturesque islands, and quaint seaports.
- If you’re ready to retire from the work force but refuse to settle down in a quiet suburban enclave, then retiring in a big city might be perfect for you. Retiring in a big city allows you to have easy access to numerous shopping and dining options as well as entertainment and attractions. Although big cities have much more to offer, some retirees steer clear from these retirement hotspots because they worry that the cost of living will eat up their retirement funds quickly.
- Last month, President Trump signed into law a tax overhaul bill that divided many in Congress and around the nation. Supporters claimed that the new laws would ease financial burdens for the middle class while detractors claimed its intention was to help corporations and put the long-term burden on individuals.