- Think about Florida and its waters, and your mind might instantly go to the best beaches on the Gulf Coast or the Atlantic Coast. But, Florida's beaches aren't the state's only impressive waterways. There are hundreds of rivers covering hundreds of miles, and they each have a unique ecosystem.
- The Long Island region is synonymous with luxurious living, and one reason why is because the Hamptons call it home. Certain parts of Long Island have a reputation for being a playground for the rich and famous, but there are 48 active adult communities that offer low-key, sophisticated lifestyles.
- Affectionately called "Italian lawn bowling," the sport of bocce has been around in one form or another since ancient times. Unlike other ball sports, bocce is unique in that it is both calming and competitive, making it an obvious choice for active adults interested in low-stakes fun.
- Located about 50 miles apart, Sacramento and Stockton are top retirement destinations in California's Central Valley. While these cities are pretty evenly matched, our quick guide will help you narrow down your choices when considering Stockton or Sacramento for retirement.While Space City offers a rich culture, active adults don't need a rich budget to reside here. Houston contains more than a dozen active adult communities with reasonably priced Texas homes for sale. Here's a closer look at a few 55+ communities that contain homes for around $250,000.
- This summer, well-known builder Del Webb will bring a new 55+ community the Jacksonville area. Del Webb Nocatee will be the second 55+ community in the Nocatee master-planned community in Ponta Vedra. Find out what's in store for the initial buyers.The communities in Maryland with the most page visits on 55places.com in 2018 were diverse. The list includes large communities and mid-sized communities, but all with homes offered for resale only. They also spanned from Frederick, to the Baltimore and DC suburbs, to the Eastern Shore.
- Prescott, AZ is a charming mountain town that provides a great lifestyle for active adults. With its stunning scenery, mild weather, and abundance of outdoor recreation, active adults can enjoy the best that Northern Arizona has to offer.As one of the most popular spots for active adults to retire in the southeast, Hilton Head, South Carolina has a lot to offer its residents. From its pristine beaches, southern charm and hospitality, there are many reasons to consider the coastal town for retirement. Here are five 55+ communities in Hilton Head and Bluffton.