- Price Range
- Low $100s - Mid $200s
- Home Types
- Single Family, Attached
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1986 - 2006
- 7 reviews
Indian River Colony Club Overview
Indian River Colony Club is a 55+ golf course community that offers a country club lifestyle for its residents in sunny Melbourne, Florida. Besides the 18-hole private Indian River Colony Club Golf Course, many ponds and natural preserves provide scenic beauty and an abundance of wildlife. In addition, 160 acres of community property are set aside for recreational purposes.
This gated active adult community is comprised of around 771 individually owned attached and single-family homes. More than ten percent of the houses have pools. A lot of the homes are located on the golf course or lake. Additional amenities at Indian River Colony Club include a community van for day trips, 24-hour guard monitored entry, RV and boat storage, a venue for events, and a clubhouse with dining facilities and an executive chef.
Indian River Colony Club Amenities
The variety of fun activities take place at the clubhouse that include a state-of-the-art fitness center, art studio, card room, library, and hobby room. The expanded facilities at Colony Hall, with a full stage, fully-equipped sound booth, large projection TV, provide plenty of space for banquets, plays, shows, dances, Chapel, club meetings, and wedding receptions. Colony Hall can accommodate up to 300 people. The At Ease Club staff and executive chef provide unparalleled service and food.
Outdoors, residents at Indian River Colony Club have use of three Har-Tru tennis courts, four shuffleboard courts, four bocce ball courts, and lawn croquet. A 3,000 square-foot heated pool with lap lanes, sundeck. The par-72 Indian River Colony Club Golf Course winds throughout the community and includes a pro-shop, aqua driving range, two putting greens and practice bunkers. Residents also enjoy the wildlife and fishing at any of the 23 community ponds.
Indian River Colony Club Homes & Real Estate
Indian River Colony Club was started in 1986 and the last of the residences was completed in 2006. The community features 16 different floor plans designed to offer between 1,019 and 2,098 square feet of living space with two to four bedrooms, two to two-and-a-half bathrooms, and two to three-car garages. Many homes have pools, golf course views or lake views. Resale inventory varies and features may include breakfast nooks, laundry rooms, his/her walk-in closets, vaulted ceilings, Florida rooms, covered lanais, as well as master baths with double sinks, garden tubs and separate showers. Records of all remodeling projects are on file for each home at the Design Center.
Indian River Colony Club is a not-for-profit organization and assesses monthly maintenance fees for its residents that are based on house sizes. The fee covers repair or replacement of all appliances, select inside and outside maintenance, indoor and outdoor pest control, lawn care, tree trimming, and sprinkler system including water. Indian River Colony Club provides an on-site maintenance staff.
Indian River Colony Club Lifestyle
Residents of Indian River Colony Club enjoy a friendly and active lifestyle with an elegant, yet casual country club atmosphere and truly worry-free homes. Because houses are affordable, this comfortable and secure lifestyle can be enjoyed by many homeowners aged 55 or better.
Indian River Colony Club may be a private neighborhood, but it is also a very active community. Besides playing golf in one of several golf groups, competing in tennis and having access to all the other clubhouse amenities, residents are active in a variety of social clubs. These include book club, Mah Jongg, bingo, poker, computer club, bridge, theater group, chorus, aquacize, ballroom, Hawaiian and line dancing and step-n-stretch.
Indian River Colony Club in Melbourne's master planned community of Viera, is only minutes away from the beautiful Space Coast beaces. Upscale shopping, dining, hospitals, arts and entertainment are plentiful in the area. Nature and wildlife lovers can enjoy the Brevard Zoo and the Ritch Grisson Memorial Wetlands. The community is also close to the Patrick Air Force Base, Kennedy Space Center, Port Canaveral, Melbourne International Airport, and Orlando International Airport.
Orlando can be reached in less than 90 minutes and provides plenty of large-scale excitement. Grandchildren surely will love visiting Walt Disney World, SeaWorld, Universal Orlando Resort, and all the other child-friendly attractions Orlando has to offer. However, adults will also like Orlando and find plenty of art and culture to make it worthwhile. Homeowners 55+ can enjoy the active adult lifestyle in a great location at Indian River Colony Club in Melbourne, Florida.
Indian River Colony Club Amenities
- At Ease Clubhouse
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- 19th Hole Lounge
- Colony Hall Banquet Facility
- Pro Shop
- Art Studio
- Hobby Room
- Card Room
- Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Patio
- 3 Har-Tru Tennis Courts
- 4 Bocce Ball Courts
- Croquet Court
- 4 Shuffleboard Courts
- 18-Hole, Par 72 Golf Course
- Putting Green & Driving Range
- Fishing Lakes
- R.V./Boat Storage
Indian River Colony Club Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Indian River Colony Club. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- 200 Club
- Art Group
- Audio Video Group
- Ballroom Dancing
- Black Tee Seniors
- Bocce Ball
- Book Club
- Cart Barn Players Theatre Group
- Colony 9 Hole LGA
- Colony Music Makers
- Computer Club
- Friday Couples
- Golden Eagles Quartet
- Ham Radio
- Hawaiian Dance
- Helping Hands
- Investment Club
- Library Coordinator
- Line Dancing
- Mah Jongg
- Member Assistance Program
- Men's Golf Association
- Military History Forum
- Military Wives' Club
- Monday 18-Hole Couples
- Monday Black Tees
- Patriotic Club
- Piano Bar
- Prayer Line
- Semper Fi IRCC
- Singles Social
- Stretch & Rhythmic Exercise
- Tuesday Afternoon Social
- Veterans Club
- Visually Impaired Club
- Women's Golf Association
Price Range: Low $100s - Mid $200s
These attached homes offer 1,019 to 1,165 square feet of living space. These homes have two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached one to two-car garage.View Floorplans
Single Family Homes
Price Range: Low $100s - Mid $200s
These single-family homes offer 1,364 to 2,098 square feet of living space. These homes have two to four bedrooms, two to two-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached two to three-car garage.View Floorplans
Indian River Colony Club Reviews
- George C.|March 19, 2019We moved here 8 years ago and are ecstatic about our decision. This is a very unique community with outstanding facilities and amenities. For those concerned about initial buy-in fees, I invite you to compare IRCC's fees to other country clubs. As far a monthly fees, I invite you to do a comparison of what it would cost you on the outside to buy the included services. You will find that IRCC is a GREAT value! NOT a HOA, but a member owned corporation - a big difference!
- Nancy B.|February 26, 2019Indian River Colony Club is a 55+, private country club that is 80% former military. This is not an HOA community.
- DC s.|September 4, 2017Shopped for homes here, monthly fee quoted at $1100/month. Ridiculous compared to other neighborhoods plus home values don't seem to appreciate there at the same rate as other neighborhoods. Too bad. They should disband the HOA and give homeowners a chance to sell at fair market value.
- Bear (Resident/Homeowner)|May 30, 2017Great homes for the money. Many are already updated and others can be -- good bones! Excellent facilities, great staff and a challenging, well maintained golf course. Nice residents and more activities to participate in than you can imaginee!
- Rowe |March 6, 2017Those "sunk" non-refundables are considerably higher now. Around $20,000. I'm trying to find out why.
- ScottW |August 9, 2016Houses for sale here are of decent price, but need a lot of work. The BIG surprise is to find out that to move in here you MUST pay $10,000 up front to the HOA, and you never get that money back even if/when you sell. BIG drawback, plus a VERY high HOA monthly fee. We bought elsewhere.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|July 14, 2013I have been looking at homes here and am considering one right now. I was surprised how large of a home you can get here for a great price. The one I like is about 2000 square feet for $125k. Seems like a great deal in a golf course community. Anyone have any extra input on this community? It could be prefect for me!
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Indian River Colony Club. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Indian River Colony Club has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.