- Price Range
- Low $100s - Mid $200s
- Home Types
- Attached, Single-Family
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1986 - 2006
- 10 reviews
Indian River Colony Club Overview
Indian River Colony Club is a 55+ golf course community in Melbourne, Florida. Initially created for retired military members, Indian River Colony Club is known for having a patriotic spirit alongside a country club lifestyle. The community is set on 453 thoughtfully landscaped areas. There is also the private 18-hole Indian River Colony Club Golf Course set amongst ponds and natural preserves. This gated community is comprised of around 776 attached and single-family homes that provide a low-maintenance lifestyle. The community's low-maintenance setting is upheld by an on-staff and General Manager, as well as a Board of Directors.
Homebuyers looking for homes for sale in Melbourne, FL should consider the lifestyle offered by Indian River Colony Club.
Indian River Colony Club Amenities
Residents of Indian River Colony Club have access to a variety of amenities with the At Ease Club and Colony Hall. These amenity facilities are the centers of activity within the community. The At Ease Club is home to a state-of-the-art fitness center, as well as a gourmet restaurant and the 19th Hole Bar & Grill. Homeowners can also take advantage of the community's art studio, card room, library, and hobby room.
The expanded facilities at Colony Hall include a full stage, fully-equipped sound booth, large projection TV, and non-denominational chapel. This space provides plenty of opportunities for banquets, plays, shows, dances, club meetings, and wedding receptions. Colony Hall can accommodate up to 300 people.
The community's amenities continue outdoors as residents have access to three Har-Tru tennis courts, four shuffleboard courts, four bocce ball courts, and lawn croquet. There is also a 3,000 square-foot heated pool with lap lanes and a spacious sundeck.
The par-72 Indian River Colony Club Golf Course winds throughout the community and includes a pro-shop, aqua driving range, two putting greens, and practice bunkers. Residents also enjoy the wildlife and fishing at any of the 23 community ponds. Ther community also offers ample RV and boat storage to residents.
Indian River Colony Club Homes & Real Estate
The development of Indian River Colony Club began in 1986 and was completed in 2006. The community features 776 attached single-homes in 16 different floor plans.
The attached homes offer two distinct floor plans ranging from 1,019 to 1,165 square feet of living space. These homes have two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached one- to two-car garage.
The single-family homes come in 14 unique models that offer 1,364 to 2,098 square feet of living space. These homes have two to four bedrooms, two to two-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached two- to three-car garage.
Many homes throughout the community have private outdoor pools, golf course views, or lake views. Resale inventory varies and features may include breakfast nooks, laundry rooms, walk-in closets, vaulted ceilings, Florida rooms, covered lanais, as well as spa-like master bathrooms.
Indian River Colony Club Lifestyle
Indian River Colony Club is a not-for-profit organization and assesses monthly maintenance fees for residents that are based on home sizes. The fee covers repair or replacement of all appliances, select inside and outside maintenance, indoor and outdoor pest control, lawn care, tree trimming, and sprinkler system including water. Indian River Colony Club also provides on-site maintenance staff.
Indian River Colony Club may be a private neighborhood, but it is also a very active community. Besides playing golf in one of several golf groups, competing in tennis, and having access to all the other clubhouse amenities, residents are active in a variety of social clubs. These include book club, bingo, poker, computer club, bridge, theater group, chorus, aquacize, ballroom, line dancing, and step-n-stretch, and many more.
Indian River Colony Club is located in Melbourne's master-planned community of Viera, and is only minutes away from the beautiful Space Coast beaches. This ideal location provides members of the community with easy access to upscale shopping, dining, and arts and entertainment in the area.
Grocery shopping can be done at stores such as Earth Fare, Publix, and The Fresh Market. Pharmacy needs can be met at Walgreens and CVS, both of which are about two miles away. Additional retail options close to home include Target and Walmart.
Indian River Colony Club is within close proximity to several health care providers, such as Health First Medical Group, Melbourne Regional Medical Center, and Rockledge Regional Medical Center.
When homeowners are looking for dining and entertainment options, they can travel along Lake Andrew Drive, which is home to several restaurants, bars, and shops. Additional entertainment venues include Brevard Zoo Linear Park, Westgate Cocoa Beach Pier, and the area's Botanical Gardens. The community is also close to the Patrick Air Force Base, Kennedy Space Center, and Port Canaveral.
Nature and wildlife lovers can enjoy the Ritch Grisson Memorial Wetlands, Spyglass Jack Mahon Park, and Lori Wilson Park. Golfers can tee off at courses such as Duran Golf Club, Baytree National Golf Links, Manatee Cove Golf Course.
Those who are hoping to explore metropolitan areas can travel about an hour to downtown Orlando. When it comes to long-distance travel, Orlando International Airport is about 45 minutes away.
Indian River Colony Club Amenities
The amenities of Indian River Colony Club include:
- At Ease Clubhouse
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- 19th Hole Bar & Grill
- Colony Hall Banquet Facility
- Pro Shop
- Art Studio
- Hobby Room
- Card Room
- Non-Denominational Chapel
- Resort-Style Pool
- Outdoor Patio
- 3 Har-Tru Tennis Courts
- 3 Bocce Ball Courts
- Croquet Court
- 3 Shuffleboard Courts
- 18-Hole Golf Course
- 2 Putting Greens & Driving Range
- Fishing Lakes
- RV/Boat Storage
- Fire Pit
Indian River Colony Club Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Indian River Colony Club. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- "For The Birds" Birding Club
- 200 Club
- Art Group
- Audio Video Group
- Ballroom Dancing
- Black Tee Seniors
- Bocce Ball
- Book Club
- Cart Barn Players Theatre Group
- Chapel Bells
- Colony 9 Hole LGA
- Colony Clowns
- Colony Music Makers
- Combat Infantry Group
- Computer Club
- Friday Couples
- Golden Eagles Quartet
- Ham Radio
- Hawaiian Dance
- Helping Hands
- Investment Club
- Jewelry Junkies
- Library Coordinator
- Line Dancing
- Member Assistance Program
- Men's Golf Association
- Military History Forum
- Military Wives' Club
- Monday 18-Hole Couples
- Monday Black Tees
- New England Nation
- Northern Lighters Group
- Parkinson's Support Group
- Patriotic Club
- Piano Bar
- Prayer Line
- RV Social Club
- Red Hat Chapter
- Resident Activities Council
- Rifle and Pistol Club
- Semper Fi IRCC
- Singles Social
- Solos Social
- Sorority Luncheon
- Spanky's Gang
- Stretch & Rhythmic Exercise
- Sunshine Strummers
- Texas Hold "Em
- Tour of Homes
- Tuesday Afternoon Social
- Veterans Club
- Visually Impaired Club
- Water Fitness
- Women's Golf Association
- Zebra Band
Price Range: Low $100s - Mid $200s
The attached homes of Indian River Colony Club come in two floor plans which offer 1,019 to 1,165 square feet. These homes have two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and an attached one- to two-car garage.View Floorplans
Single Family Homes
Price Range: Low $100s - Mid $200s
The single-family homes of Indian River Colony Club come in 14 models which offer 1,364 to 2,098 square feet. These homes have two to four bedrooms, two to two-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached two- to three-car garage.View Floorplans
Indian River Colony Club Reviews
- Larry W.|April 11, 2019Lived at IRCC for almost 4 years. Great community with wonderful friends, activities, and environment. This is truly a great place for an active and carefree life. The maintenance program guarantees your home will always be well cared for and in good shape... roofs, HVAC, appliances, exterior painting, landscaping, etc,, all covered by the maintenance program... no "OH NO" surprises. As I write this, i just looked out of my window at the large lake behind our house and watched a bald eagle swoop in for a fish lunch, and will watch the launch of a Falcon Heavy Rocket from the Cape later today.
- Sam G.|April 9, 2019My wife and I have lived here for 4 years. You can be as involved and busy as you desire, or you can just sit back and watch the wildlife from your back door. Everything is well maintained. People are friendly and care about you; probably due to our military population. Homes are a bargain, even when you include the entrance fee, considering the super amenities and maintenance package. I got a new roof in 2018, for free! That would have cost me $20,000 in my previous house.
- Sally C.|April 7, 2019Lived here for 5 wonderful years! Monthly fees are a bargain because they include repair/replace for all appliances, roof, AC, outside paint, pest control, cable, internet, and many many other things. This is true country club living at its best! When we moved to Florida we were sad to leave old friends behind. But we have made many wonderful friends here and are busy all the time. We totally love it here!
- George C.|March 19, 2019We moved here 8 years ago and are ecstatic about our decision. This is a very unique community with outstanding facilities and amenities. For those concerned about initial buy-in fees, I invite you to compare IRCC's fees to other country clubs. As far a monthly fees, I invite you to do a comparison of what it would cost you on the outside to buy the included services. You will find that IRCC is a GREAT value! NOT a HOA, but a member owned corporation - a big difference!
- Nancy B.|February 26, 2019Indian River Colony Club is a 55+, private country club that is 80% former military. This is not an HOA community.
- DC s.|September 4, 2017Shopped for homes here, monthly fee quoted at $1100/month. Ridiculous compared to other neighborhoods plus home values don't seem to appreciate there at the same rate as other neighborhoods. Too bad. They should disband the HOA and give homeowners a chance to sell at fair market value.
- Bear (Resident/Homeowner)|May 30, 2017Great homes for the money. Many are already updated and others can be -- good bones! Excellent facilities, great staff and a challenging, well maintained golf course. Nice residents and more activities to participate in than you can imaginee!
- Rowe |March 6, 2017Those "sunk" non-refundables are considerably higher now. Around $20,000. I'm trying to find out why.
- ScottW |August 9, 2016Houses for sale here are of decent price, but need a lot of work. The BIG surprise is to find out that to move in here you MUST pay $10,000 up front to the HOA, and you never get that money back even if/when you sell. BIG drawback, plus a VERY high HOA monthly fee. We bought elsewhere.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|July 14, 2013I have been looking at homes here and am considering one right now. I was surprised how large of a home you can get here for a great price. The one I like is about 2000 square feet for $125k. Seems like a great deal in a golf course community. Anyone have any extra input on this community? It could be prefect for me!
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Indian River Colony Club. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Indian River Colony Club has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.