NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 20, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending January 3, 2018 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by January 3, 2018 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WXKLXGR. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Southeast Florida caters to active adults better than almost any other area in the country. The South Atlantic Coast of Florida stretches 240 miles from Key West in the south to Palm Beach in the north. It consists of four counties including Monroe County, Miami-Dade County, Broward County and Palm Beach County. It includes popular retirement cities such as Coral Gables, Fort Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach and Jupiter. The trend of retirees flocking to 55+ active retirement communities in Florida that started in the 1920 s continues today and has made Southeast Florida one of the best places to retire in the country. Some of the most popular communities in this region are Valencia Falls, Indian Springs County Club, Ponte Vecchio, and Century Village.
Climate & Geography
The area enjoys a pleasant tropical climate all year that is moderated by the cooling effects of the Atlantic Ocean in the summer and warm Gulf Stream in the winter. Most of the area experiences summer highs in the mid 80 s and lows in the lower 70 s. In the winter, January highs still manage to climb into the mid 70 s and only fall to around 60 at nighttime. Most of the region experiences approximately 60 inches of rain annually.
Southeastern Florida is home to nearly six million people, many of who are active adults. The major population center stretches from Miami northward to Palm Beach in a continuous patchwork of active adult communities.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
Southeastern Florida has endless opportunities for culture and recreation geared towards active adults. There are countless art galleries, museums and performing arts centers in the region. Some of the more notable attractions in Southeastern Florida include the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Frost Art Museum, and the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens. Active adults in this area experience no shortage of culture and entertainment.
Sports fans will love the area for the endless sports teams present in the region and the number of annual events. Most of the professional sports teams are located in Miami and include the Miami Heat (basketball), Miami Dolphins (football), and Miami Marlins (baseball). The International Swimming Hall of Fame is located in Fort Lauderdale and exhibits many of the most important events in the sport. Golfers go crazy over Southeastern Florida for its large number of public and private course in the area, offering play for all skill levels.
The area is also full of outdoor recreational opportunities for active adults. Key West is renowned for its world-class diving and snorkeling. The islands that make up the Florida Keys are home to over 500 shipwrecks and the coral reef is the third largest in the world. Boating and fishing is a favorite activity among many active adults who live in the region and the extensive Intracoastal Waterway, rivers and canals make for thousands of miles of navigable waterways. Beaches are plentiful in the region and the Fort Lauderdale beachfront has some of the most attractive and inviting beaches in the world.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Southeastern Florida s cost of living is slightly higher than the rest of Florida. A major factor for many people who would like to continue working is the lack of income tax on individuals. Local governments rather than the state collect property tax. While property taxes are among the highest in the country there are several exemptions. One exemption that may catch the eye of Florida active adults is the Senior Citizen Exemption. This exemption is available in certain counties only and is valued up to $50,000 for residents 65 and older with a gross income below $20,000.
Southeast Florida boasts some of the best hospitals and medical centers in the state of Florida. The University of Miami Jackson Memorial Medical Center is one of the top hospitals in the state and is nationally ranked for cancer research and treatment. Another top hospital in the area is the Broward Health Medical Center located in Fort Lauderdale. Active adults living in the region will be happy to know they are never too far from the medical attention they might require.
Share this page with friends and family!