- Price Range
- Mid $200s - Mid $600s
- Home Types
- Number of Homes
- New And Resale Homes
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2007 - Present
- The Kolter Group, Levitt & Sons
- 9 reviews
Cresswind at Lake Lanier Overview
Cresswind at Lake Lanier in Gainesville, Georgia, is a tranquil gated community specifically designed for active adults aged 55 or better. Upon completion, this new community will offer 934 single-family homes and a spectacular 36,000 square-foot clubhouse.
The wide range of amenities and activities will appeal to many different residents and the versatile floor plans will meet the needs of nearly any homeowner. Social clubs, lifelong learning opportunities and community activities come together to support a rich active adult lifestyle.
Cresswind at Lake Lanier Amenities
The Club at Cresswind, an impressive 36,000 square-foot three-story clubhouse, offers all the amenities and activities needed to support a healthy, active lifestyle. Residents can stay in shape by visiting the state-of-the-art fitness center, taking a class in the aerobics studio or swimming laps in the indoor pool. Opportunities to socialize are abound at The Club at Cresswind. Hobby and game rooms give residents a place to share their interests or meet up for a friendly game.
A large party room is ideal for community events and residents can enjoy a variety of entertainment at the community lawn theater. When it comes to lifelong learning, Cresswind at Lake Lanier has residents covered. The learning center is complete with computers and WiFi Internet access, and the community demonstration kitchen is the perfect spot for gourmet cooking classes. In addition to formal classes, residents can learn from each other by joining a variety of special interest social clubs.
Outdoors, residents can enjoy a game of tennis, pickleball, bocce ball or horseshoes, and extensive walking trails are perfect for a quick jog or a leisurely stroll. One of the main attractions of Cresswind at Lake Lanier is the community's ideal location situated on the shores of one of Georgia's largest recreational lakes. Lake Lanier's 692 miles of sparkling shoreline meander past picturesque parks, picnic areas and campgrounds.
Cresswind at Lake Lanier is located on a wide finger of Lake Lanier, which makes this community the perfect place to begin your exploration of the many wonders of this diverse and rich lake experience. Boat enthusiasts will appreciate the opportunity to purchase a boat slip at the dock behind the community clubhouse. The marina includes every available convenience one would need for a leisurely day of boating on the lake.
Cresswind at Lake Lanier Homes & Real Estate
The single-family homes at Cresswind at Lake Lanier offer a versatile range of sizes and options to suit the needs of many different homeowners. The current builder, Kolter Homes, showcases a variety of single-family homes that range in size from 1,346 to 2,964 square feet. Depending on the model, homes will have two or four bedrooms. They also feature touches that discerning homeowners will love, such as granite countertops in the kitchens and Energy Star rated appliances.
In addition to the 13 new construction models offered by Kolter Homes, there were 13 previous single-family home models offered by the original builder, Levitt & Sons. Only a small portion of the community was constructed by Levitt & Sons so availability of these models is very limited. These models were available in four series that ranged from 1,275 to 2,640 square feet.Cresswind at Lake Lanier's single-family homes are all ranch style, single-level designs. Some of the homes offer basements and the finished basements are optional. Many homes sit on oversized lots with lovely wooded views.
Cresswind at Lake Lanier Lifestyle
Cresswind at Lake Lanier has been specifically designed for active adults aged 55 or better who enjoy living life to the fullest. A wide range of amenities allow residents to participate in their favorite activities. They can join a garden group, book club, piano club or bowling league. Residents can also take line dancing classes, exercise classes or fitness equipment instruction.
At Cresswind at Lake Lanier, there are endless opportunities for socializing, lifelong learning, volunteerism and true wellness.With access to Lake Lanier, many Cresswind residents enjoy fishing, boating and other water activities. Outdoor areas like clubhouse terraces and the Overlook Pavilion allow residents to enjoy the natural beauty of the area while socializing with friends. When grandkids come to visit, they can also enjoy the community playground.
Cresswind at Lake Lanier is lush with tranquil beauty. Set on the shores of Lake Lanier, nearly half of this lovely community has been designated a wildlife sanctuary by the National Audubon Society. Most of the homesites at Cresswind at Lake Lanier offer wooded views, and the area's moderate climate make it easy to spend time outdoors year round. Conveniently located only 45 minutes from Atlanta, Cresswind at Lake Lanier residents can easily travel into the city to enjoy many shopping, dining and cultural attractions.
Closer to home, the Blue Ridge Mountains provide natural beauty and outdoor recreations. The community is also only minutes from the Georgia Mall and Chateau Elan Winery and Golf Resort. Cresswind at Lake Lanier in Gainesville, GA provides active adults great amenities, social activities, and a maintenance-free lifestyle.
Cresswind at Lake Lanier Amenities
- Club at Cresswind - 36,000 Sq. Ft.
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Locker Rooms
- Indoor Pool & Spa
- Bath House & Sauna
- Sidney Lounge
- Aerobics & Dance Studio
- Hobby Room
- Game Room
- Art Room
- Card Room
- Learning Center
- Demonstration Kitchen
- Outdoor Lagoon-Style Pool
- Outdoor Kitchen & Fireplace
- Outdoor Terrace
- 6 Tennis Courts
- 2 Bocce Ball Courts
- 2 Pickleball Courts
- Sport Court
- Horseshoe Pits
- Walking & Biking Trails
- Outdoor Amphitheater
- Overlook Pavilion with Cabana Bar
- 70 Slip Marina & Private Dock on Lake Lanier
- Marina Gazebo & Grill
- Fishing Lakes
- Playground for Grandkids
Cresswind at Lake Lanier Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Cresswind at Lake Lanier. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Arts & Crafts Club
- Basketball Group
- Basic Computer Class
- Book Club
- Bowling League
- Cooking Club
- Exercise Class
- Fishing Club
- Fitness Series
- Garden Club
- Golf Group
- Grill & Ale Group
- Hand & Foot
- Kayak Group
- Line Dancing
- Mah Jongg
- Men's Card Club
- Men's Poker Night
- Men's Tennis
- Mexican Train
- Mixed Poker
- Needlework Club
- Neighborhood Theatre Club
- Painting Group
- Piano Club
- Pickleball Group
- Ping Pong
- Pool Players
- Pottery Group
- Quilters Group
- Singles and Solos Group
- Social Committee
- Sports and Games Club
- Theatre Club
- Travel Club
- Water Aerobics
- Welcome Committee
- Women's Tennis
Price Range: Mid $200s - Low $300s
The Gaines Collection by Kolter Homes offers both resale and new construction homes. These homes range from 1,346 square feet to 1,969 square feet. These single-family homes feature two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and two-car garages. All homes also include a lanai and some have a basement.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $200s - High $200s
The Willow Collection by Kolter Homes offers both resale and new construction homes. Homes range from 1,594 square feet to 1,668 square feet. These one-story homes feature two bedrooms plus dens, two bathrooms, and two-car garages. They also have plenty of customizable options such as sunrooms and extended patios.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $300s - High $300s
The Hall Collection by Kolter Homes offers both resale and new construction homes. These homes have two to four bedrooms, two-and-a-half bathrooms, two-car garages and dens. These models feature a lanai and covered porches. Homes range in size from 2,128 square feet to 2,547 square feet.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $400s - Low $500s
The Lanier Collection by Kolter Homes offers both resale and new home construction. Lanier models range from 2,839 square feet to 2,964 square feet. These single-family homes have three to four bedrooms, two-and-a-half to three-and-a-half bathrooms, and two-car garages. These homes feature dens, lanai, basements, and sunrooms.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $300s - Mid $300s
Winter Series Homes were built by Levitt & Sons in 2007 and are available as resale homes only. These homes range from 1,275 square feet to 1,739 square feet. Winter Series models have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and two-car garages. Some models feature a den, covered porches, patios, and optional bonus rooms.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $300s - High $300s
Spring Series Homes were built by Levitt & Sons in 2007 and are available as resale homes only. These homes range in size from 1,852 square feet to 2,078 square feet. Spring Series homes have two to three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and two-car garages. Some models feature a den.View Floorplans
Price Range: Mid $300s - High $300s
Summer Series Homes were built by Levitt & Sons in 2007 and are available as resale homes only. Summer Series models have two to three bedrooms. two bathrooms, and two-car garages. They range in size from 2,057 square feet to 2,089 square feet. These homes feature covered patios or porches and plenty of entertaining space.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $400s - Low $600s
Autumn Series homes were built by Levitt & Sons in 2007 and are available as resale homes only. Autumn Series home have two to four bedrooms, two-and-a-half or three bathrooms, and two-car garages. These homes feature dens, covered porches and patios, and plenty of open space.View Floorplans
Cresswind at Lake Lanier Reviews
- Debbie (Resident/Homeowner)|September 24, 2017I have been a resident at Cresswind for 9 months. The time has flown by. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. There are many, many things to do and if there isn't a group doing what you want to do, you can start one!!! We have trouble finding time to work in everything that we want to do! The construction is somewhat of a hassle, but it is temporary and will be completed in a couple of years. The lifestyle and community of wonderful people are worth it!!!
- laura |August 10, 2017When my mother became a widow in 2014 I begged her to move to Gainesville to be closer to me. She was very hesitant to move from the mountains my dad so loved, but once we drove around Cresswind, saw the clubhouse and all it had to offer and spoke to the staff at the sales office, she was sold. She decided to wait for a spec home under construction in the new phase. I was not 100% sure this was the right choice as it would be one of the first houses on a cul-de-sac. I was worried about construction noise, debris, workers and construction traffic. I have to say, mom was right. We watched in amazement as the neighborhood grew and neighbors were moving in. In no time it felt very established and the construction had moved on to another area. Unfortunately, 4 months after Mom moved into her beautiful home, we found out she had cancer and would be starting Chemo. She continued to live alone and I would visit daily to help with anything I could from cleaning to cooking to just sitting with her. I did not think that she had much opportunity to create any kind of a relationship with her neighbors as it all happened rather quickly and she was not getting out except to the cancer center and Publix. Well during my daily visits I would pull in the drive way and strangers would come up to me and introduce themselves, tell me where they lived and ask how mom was doing and ask if there was anything they could do for us. This happened quite often and I was so thankful that she had people around her that cared. I often would go into her fridge and find full meals prepared and waiting to be re-heated that someone had brought for her, soothing CD's sitting on her coffee table that someone had dropped off, a card or magazines, an Orchid just because. I even exchanged phone numbers with a few neighbors, at their request, in case I needed her to be checked on quickly. It was so nice knowing that if I couldn't reach mom, I didn't need to panic, I had help close by. Mom has decided to sell her beautiful home and move in with my husband and I, but I am so happy that she was able to enjoy the Cresswind community for a couple of years. It's a very special place with very special people.
- Shannon (Resident/Homeowner)|July 21, 2017I moved into Cresswind At Lake Lanier and mine was the first house to be built in the new phase last year. You have to have the right attitude and patience to move into a construction area. I have watched this neighborhood grow where we are, and have been very impressed with all the progress. The people here are precious, the amenities are wonderful, and I can't think of a better place to live. There is always something to get involved in if you are interested and if not, stay home and relax. It's like living in a resort every day, and who wouldn't want that!
- William M.|July 6, 2017I have visited dozens of these types of communities all across the Southwest and this is one that sits at the top of my list. The activities and clubhouse are spectacular and as someone who loves the lake, this community is incredible. They have a marina on one of the nicest lakes in the greater Atlanta area where you can fish and boat and the views are amazing. I have not purchased here.. yet, but I have interacted with the sales staff at the office and they were very accommodating and pleasant to me.
- Notveryhappy (Resident/Homeowner)|June 26, 2017Way overpriced for the quality of home that you end up with. Multiple problems with electrical, flooring, drainage, landscaping and general response from builder is awful after the first 11 months.
I have had to pay for multiple repairs to my flooring due to cracked tiles and popping hardwood, everything is only what is required by code and the builder uses low quality materials and labor and the results are over priced everything.
The community continues to grow and the clubhouse and other areas are not adequate to serve all of the homeowners. The lake access is ok but no views of the lake from any homes....now Hall county is raising the property taxes by 20-25% because the prices that are set by the builder are going up and people are paying too much...
- Jenny F.(Resident/Homeowner)|May 30, 2017I have lived at Cresswind for two years. It is been one of the best decisions I have ever made for my life. The community is so warm and friendly and welcoming. There are activities of every sort available. My favorites are playing bridge and pickleball and going to brew ha ha every morning where we gather at the clubhouse for coffee and laughter. The diversity of gifts that people bring to the community are amazing. We recently had over 110 people participating in a cresswind theater production. The facilities are breathtakingly beautiful and the grounds are always immaculate. I love living here.
- Mitch and Cathy (Resident/Homeowner)|May 17, 2016After 2 years of research and planning, we are enjoying our new home in Cresswind. This is a wonderful community with super friendly people, nice homes and fabulous amenities. We built from a distance, and our Realtor Lee Johnson was a super-star in helping us through the process. If you are thinking of a change in retirement, just do it, and have Lee help you through it. We have absolutely no regrets!!
- John S.(Resident/Homeowner)|April 29, 2015Great development. Very friendly people. Beautiful setting.
- Susan L.|August 14, 2013Wow! We just looked at homes here over the weekend and what a gorgeous community! Do any homeowners out there have any comments on this community? Our Realtor spoke very highly of the neighborhood and from looks alone it seems amazing. We are moving to the area from North Carolina so it's been interesting seeing all the options for 55+ living around the Atlanta area. Can't wait to find out new home in GA!
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Cresswind at Lake Lanier. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Cresswind at Lake Lanier has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.