- Price Range
- High $200s - Mid $500s
- Home Types
- Attached, Single-Family
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2006 - 2015
- Del Webb
- 12 reviews
Village at Deaton Creek Overview
Village at Deaton Creek by Del Webb is nestled 40 miles north of Atlanta where the world-class dining, shopping and entertainment of Atlanta meets the rural charm of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The community includes finely crafted amenities, an active lifestyle and beautiful ranch homes.
Village at Deaton Creek in Hoschton, GA is an intimate, guard gated community with 1,144 homes. The community is revered for its bountiful lineup of amenities, rolling hills, towering trees and ideal location in the prestigious northeast suburbs of Atlanta. Plus, with desirable nearby attractions such as Lake Lanier, the Mall of Georgia and the culture of Atlanta, your biggest dilemma each day will be deciding between the countless entertainment activities available to you.
Village at Deaton Creek Amenities
The Club at Deaton Creek is the community's 35,000 square-foot two-story clubhouse that serves as the catalyst for all community social and fitness activities. It includes an 8,000 square-foot state-of-the-art fitness center that showcases the latest top-notch weight-training and cardiovascular equipment. The Club at Deaton Creek also includes an aerobics and dance studio, a grand ballroom, indoor lap pool with spa, library with Wall Street room, demonstration kitchen and several hobby and craft studios.
The amenities surrounding the Village at Deaton Creek clubhouse are equally impressive. An outdoor resort-style pool with beach entry provides the ideal place to relax with your new friends on hot Georgia summer days. There is also a softball field and numerous sport courts including tennis, pickleball, croquet, horseshoes, and bocce ball courts. Village at Deaton Creek has a dog park and community gardens as well as numerous neighborhood parks and nature preserves that are interconnected with miles of scenic walking and biking trails.
Village at Deaton Creek Homes & Real Estate
Village at Deaton Creek offers several housing styles for buyers. Homes for sale are available to buyers on a resale-only basis. Del Webb combined years of experience to tailor their homes with the latest desirable layouts and design features craved by active adult buyers. Large great rooms, open gourmet kitchens and covered outdoor living space are hallmark on most homes in Village at Deaton Creek. There are 14 floor plans to choose from in Del Webb's Village at Deaton Creek, including two villas and 13 single-family floor plans. The single-family homes are available from 1,244 to 2,597 square feet.
All single-family homes include a minimum of two bedrooms, two baths and a two-car garage. Buyers who want more space can choose from larger plans, which include additional bedrooms and bathrooms. Five of the homes offer a loft option that includes an additional bedroom, bathroom and recreation area that provides ideal extra space for when guests come to visit. Optional basement floor plans are also available in some models.There are two villa floor plans that are 1,217 and 1,393 square feet. These two bed, two bath and two-car garage villas provide ample living space at reasonable prices.
Village at Deaton Creek Lifestyle
The lifestyle available to the residents of Village at Deaton Creek is one of the finest in the Atlanta area. From countless clubs and interest groups to exciting activities and events, there is something special for everyone here. A community lifestyle director provides a robust and ever-changing lineup of exciting neighborhood parties, fitness and continuing education classes, and social outings. Whether your idea of activity is mingling with neighbors, joining a club or staying physically fit, the diversity of options in Village at Deaton Creek means you can be as active as you choose.
There are over 100 different social clubs and interest groups that include sports and fitness clubs, intellectual groups, faith groups, hobby and craft clubs, performing arts, cards and much more. Residents of Village at Deaton Creek have come from all areas of the country, so you will find it easy to meet neighbors and new friends who share in your passion for living life to the fullest.
Active adults in Village at Deaton Creek don't have to worry about the hassles that come with home maintenance. Homeowners can relax and enjoy their spare time doing fun activities because the association handles the upkeep of the property. The homeowners' association provides lawn maintenance, access to amenities, garbage pickup, common area maintenance, community internet access, and the 27/7 guard gate house.
Village at Deaton Creek offers an unparalleled lifestyle and amenity package, but with all the surrounding area has to offer, you will likely feel the need to get out and explore. There are plenty of everyday shopping conveniences right outside the gates of the community such as a grocery store, pharmacy, coffee shops and restaurants. Just two exits down I-85 is the largest mall in the Southeast, Mall of Georgia, which contains over two hundred stores. The culture and entertainment of Atlanta is a quick 45 minute drive. Places like the Georgia Aquarium, Fox Theater or the Margaret Mitchell House are fun to visit when guests come to town. For excellent healthcare needs, the Northeast Georgia Medical Center in Gainesville, the new Northeast Georgia Medical Center and Medical Plaza Urgent Care in Braselton provide care for the surrounding area. Additional Atlanta area hospitals like Emory University and St Joseph's and the Gwinnett Medical Center offer additional medical options.
Also, the Northeast Medical Center in Gainesville, Medical Plaza One including urgent care in Braselton, and the new regional hospital are slated to open in May 2015 to provide more medical options.Recreational enthusiasts are surrounded by plenty of outdoor attractions such as Lake Lanier, which has beautiful parks and is great for boating, golfing, hiking, and fishing. The North Georgia Mountains offer great nature watching opportunities and hiking trails. There are numerous golf courses, parks and attractions such as Chateau Elan Winery & Resort, Road Atlanta, Gwinnett Braves Stadium and much more.
For educational activities, Brenau University offers life long learning courses and the University of North Georgia offers a theater program jointly with Brenau and other cultural events. Gwinnett Center offers many events at the Performing Arts Center and Auditorium/Convention Center as well along with numerous local community theaters. With so much happening at Village at Deaton Creek in Hoschton, GA, active adults can enjoy their best years doing the things they love all year long.
Village at Deaton Creek Amenities
- The Club at Deaton Creek - 35,000 Sq. Ft.
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center
- Indoor Lap Pool & Spa
- Locker Rooms
- Aerobics & Dance Studio
- Card Room
- Ceramics Studio
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Demonstration Kitchen
- Sewing Studio
- Multi-Purpose Room
- Computer Lab
- Library & Wall Street Room
- Outdoor Resort-Style Pool
- Outdoor Patio
- 8 Lighted Tennis Courts
- 2 Pickleball Courts
- 4 Bocce Ball Courts
- Horseshoe Pits
- Softball Field
- Basketball Court
- Fishing Pond
- Parks & Natural Space
- Community Garden
- Playground for Grandkids
- Dog Park
- 9 Miles of Walking & Biking Trails
Village at Deaton Creek Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Village at Deaton Creek. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Art for Fun
- Arts & Crafts & Painting
- Ballroom Dance
- Bible Study
- Biking Group
- Board Games
- Bocce Ball
- Book Club
- Caregiver Support Group
- Chicken Foot Domino Game
- Computer Basics
- Counted Cross Stitch
- Cruise Club
- Culinary Club
- Day Trippers Club
- Demo Group
- Eighty Ladies Group
- Forum Club
- French Classes
- Funds for Fun
- Garden Club
- Great Decisions Discussion Group
- Hand and Foot
- Hearts Group
- Independent World Explorers Group
- Investment Club
- It's Showtime Club
- Language Classes
- Line Dancing
- Mah Jongg
- Mexican Train Dominos
- Military Retirees Group
- Military Support Group
- Model Trains
- Morning Reading Group
- Movie Group
- Paws & Claws Group
- Ping Pong
- Quilting Group
- RC Planes
- Red Hat Society
- ROMEO's Group
- Shalom Club
- Singing for Fun Club
- Singles Club
- Slow Rhythm Dance
- Spanish Classes
- Square Dancing
- Stamping & Cardmaking
- Swing Dance
- Tai Chi
- Theatre Group
- Travel Clubs
- Vintners Wine Group
- Water Aerobics
- Wood Carvers
- Writing Group
Price Range: Mid $200s - High $200s
The Villa Collection consists of attached homes available on a resale only basis. These homes range from 1,217 square feet to 1,393 square feet. Villa models feature two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and two-car garages.View Floorplans
Price Range: High $200s - Low $300s
The Spring Collection is made up of single-family homes. These homes feature two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and two-car garages. Some models have a den. Spring Collection models range in size from 1,244 square feet to 1,416 square feet. These homes are available on a resale-only basis.View Floorplans
Price Range: Low $300s - Low $400s
Single-family homes within the Vista Collection feature spacious floor plans, optional lofts and basements. These homes range from 1,590 square feet to 2,722 square feet. Homes have two to four bedrooms, two to three bathrooms, and two to three-car garages. Some models feature a den, walk-up attic storage or extra room. Some homes are available as new construction or resale.View Floorplans
Price Range: High $300s - Mid $500s
Models in the Overlook Collection feature two to three bedrooms, two to three-and-a-half bathrooms, and two to three-car garages. These single-family homes feature spacious floor plans that range from 2,050 square feet to 2,597 square feet. Some homes include a den, sunroom, or screened lanai. These homes are available on a resale-only basis.View Floorplans
Village at Deaton Creek Reviews
- Allen K.|April 4, 2018The community is wonderful, the people are friendly but the builder cut too many corners. Right now we are having problems with bursting water pipes that are only covered for 5 yrs.
- Paul and Pat (Resident/Homeowner)|November 10, 2017After ten years in this community we decided to downsize. There was never any thought given to moving to another community....our friends, activities, clubs, and church affiliations were to strong to allow us to move on. If you are a social animal at any level, this is the place to be. There is, literally, something for everyone. If you want a fulfilling, active, lifestyle, I could not recommend anyplace else. You'll stay young here!!!
- Paula (Resident/Homeowner)|September 21, 2017We just love this community. We rented a small Villa home here for a year. We weren't sure about living in a retirement community and we were not sure if this was the right one for us. We were absolutely convinced in a very short period of time. the people are here are just incredible. Very friendly and very welcoming. we were kind of homebodies and are now more active than we have ever been. We have met incredible folks here. The community is beautiful and we found the perfect resale home for us. the surrounding area is growing and the new hospital and many medical offices are close by. There is new restaurants and new shopping opening all the time. My husband is actually on the softball team here and having a ball, even though he has never played before. The entertainment is wonderful and quite varied. We are very happy in our forever home!!!
- Bruce and Margaret (Resident/Homeowner)|July 11, 2017After renting a small villa here for 2 years we decided to buy a house here and stay. We looked all over the area including other active adult communities and Deaton Creek could not be beat. The pools, fitness center, hiking trails, grounds... the way the houses are built and set... and the quiet neighborhoods and friendly people convinced us to buy here. Our house is right-sized, and has a lovely sun room that makes you feel like you're sitting in the woods. But meanwhile, the surrounding area is also growing and developing substantially, creating long term property value.
- Ed and Margie (Resident/Homeowner)|July 10, 2017My husband and I moved to The Village of Deaton Creek in August of 2016 and could not be happier about this decision. There are friendly, caring people from around the country and the world living in our community. The beauty of the Community surpasses all of the other communities we toured. Nearly 100 clubs to join if you are so inclined, the fitness room, indoor and outdoor pool are fabulous with programs built around the those facilities if you should want to participate. There are a choice of floor plans to meet everyone's needs and we have found the construction to be much more than adequate when compared to others. The Community is located next to excellent medical facilities and doctors and shopping and restaurants just around the corner. Approximately an hours' drive or limousine service into the community to the Atlanta airport that flies direct to hundreds of locations. We highly recommend The Village of Deaton Creek and are so happy to be here.
- L.H. (Resident/Homeowner)|February 20, 2014Love the community and lifestyle here. Beautiful walking trails, the landscaping is gorgeous, and there are so many activities to choose from. We couldn't have made a better choice for our retirement.
- Judith H.|March 24, 2013Our life at the Village at Deaton Creek is everything we thought it would be and more!
There is SO much to do.... every day feels like an extended vacation!
The neighbors have been so welcoming and we have made many new friends already!
This was the best decision my husband and I have ever made.
- Dixie P.(Resident/Homeowner)|March 20, 2013Lovely people from all over the U.S. and we all want to meet new people. Soooo much to do ---and only if you want to. Never a dull moment at our Clubhouse that has over 80 clubs to join. A beautiful, well kept neighborhood maintained by the HOA. Come join us in the fun!
- Sam C.(Resident/Homeowner)|March 18, 2013Enjoy living here and love the activities at the Clubhouse. We have made many new friends. We have no regrets about moving to Deaton Creek and recommend it highly.
- Sara (Resident/Homeowner)|March 18, 2013I have lived at Deaton Creek for about one year; retired 10 months ago. We down-sized to one of the smaller models and are really happy with less maintenance. We spend time on our back porch in good weather enjoying the preserve with the trees and birds. I have just enough yard to enjoying puttering. I take advantage of the exercise facilities as well as walking on the nature trails. I also enjoy the Ladies Luncheons and the Day Trippers group. Sometimes I feel I am on my own estate with a bevy of workers taking care of the upkeep!
- Brenda R.(Resident/Homeowner)|March 17, 2013I bought a home in Deaton Creek in 2009 with my father. It turned out to be the best possible decision we could have made! My Dad was in his mid-80's at the time, but immediately became young. He was very active at the gorgeous clubhouse they have at Deaton Creek, always going to play cards, dominoes, billiards, or board games. The entertainment quality is outstanding, and the people are so warm and friendly, both residents and staff. It was also nice to feel secure with the guard gate secure entrance. Now they're building a new hospital just outside the gate beside the wonderful medical comes and urgent care facility that are already there. My Dad has passed now, but was so very grateful to Brenda in a community like Deaton Creek his last few years, and I was proud to bring him there!
- C. D.(Resident/Homeowner)|January 30, 2012We love,love,love living in the Village at Deaton Creek! The lifestyle is wonderful with more activities than time to participate.
Experiencing the four seasons (with a very mild winter) is a treat. Spring and Fall are spectacular and hiking the 9 miles of outdoor trails allows you to totally enjoy the hills, trees, creeks, waterfalls, natural plants and animals. Yet, one of the largest shopping malls in the country is not far away.
Our neighbors and community landscaping are second to none! We invite you to visit and see for yourself.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Village at Deaton Creek. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Village at Deaton Creek has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.