- Price Range
- Low $100s - Low $200s
- Home Types
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 1987 - 1995
- 5 reviews
Pheasant Run at Barnegat Overview
Pheasant Run at Barnegat is 55+ community in Ocean County, New Jersey. Pheasant Run was the first active retirement community constructed in the area. This serene and affordable community is comprised of 379 homes. Residents of Pheasant Run in Barnegat can find plenty to keep busy by utilizing the on-site clubhouse amenities or by joining any number of the numerous social clubs available.
Pheasant Run at Barnegat is a charming, well-maintained community consisting of single-family homes available on a resale basis. Active retirees who enjoy the outdoors will enjoy the four-season climate. They can find many things to do including fishing, boating, crabbing and a variety of other outdoor activities.
Pheasant Run at Barnegat Amenities
Pheasant Run at Barnegat offers plenty of on-site amenities to keep residents healthy and active including a 4,500 square-foot clubhouse with hobby and game rooms and a large heated outdoor saltwater pool. Active retirees can enjoy numerous social activities such as a card and game room, billiards, pottery, arts and crafts, and sewing or just enjoy a pleasant walk through the beautifully manicured grounds. For those residents who are interested in activities that are more physical, such amenities include tennis, bocce ball and shuffleboard.
Pheasant Run at Barnegat Homes & Real Estate
The single-family residences in Pheasant Run at Barnegat were built between 1987 and 1995 and range in size from 1,034 to 1,784 square feet. Although mostly ranch-style homes offering two bedrooms and two full bathrooms, they also offer a two-story model with a loft and the second bedroom and bathroom on the second floor, which would offer privacy for family and friends when they come to visit. All the homes include other amenities such as patios, open porches, storm doors and attached garages. Exterior amenities include outdoor lighting, sprinkler systems, well-maintained grounds and beautiful tree-lined streets. Homeowner's association fees are very inexpensive and the same regardless of model.
Pheasant Run at Barnegat Lifestyle
Pheasant Run at Barnegat is an established tight-knit community with friendly outgoing people. While it is an established neighborhood with some people living there for many years, as people tend to want to stay once they have experienced the unique lifestyle offered at Pheasant Run at Barnegat, newcomers are welcomed with open arms. The social clubs available include a golf club, exercise club, singles club and bunco club.
Pheasant Run at Barnegat is conveniently located only one minute from upscale grocery stores and drug stores and only 5 minutes from the Gateway to Long Beach Island where the bulk of shopping is, as well as the local hospital and doctors and only .2 miles from the Garden State Parkway (exit 67).
Barnegat is a fascinating historical town with many antique shops, museums and a boardwalk for fishing and crabbing activities along with Bay Beach access, marinas and boat ramps. Pheasant Run is only 15 minutes from Tuckerton Seaport, 30 minutes from Atlantic City and 30 minutes from the Barnegat Lighthouse on Long Beach Island which offers stunning views from Bay Beach. The Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge is a great destination for nature and bird lovers.
Pheasant Run in Barnegat is also close to Long Island beaches and both New York and Philadelphia can be reached within 90 minutes which also have international airports for the long distance traveler. Pheasant Run at Barnegat is an ideal active adult community in Ocean County.
Pheasant Run at Barnegat Amenities
- Clubhouse - 4,500 Sq. Ft.
- Exercise Room
- Catering Kitchen
- Multi-Purpose Room
- Craft Room
- Outdoor Saltwater Pool
- Tennis Court
- 3 Shuffleboard Courts
- Bocce Ball Courts
- Picnic Area
- Horseshoe Pits
Pheasant Run at Barnegat Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Pheasant Run at Barnegat. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Bocce Club
- Cards Clubs
- Crafts Club
- Exercise Club
- Golf Club
- Movie Nights
- Ping Pong
- Singles Club
- Travel Club
Single Family Homes
Price Range: Low $100s - Low $200s
Although mostly ranch-style homes offering two bedrooms and two full bathrooms, they also offer a two-story model with a loft and the second bedroom and bathroom on the second floor, which would offer privacy for family and friends when they come to visit. All the homes include other amenities such as patios, open porches, storm doors and attached garages. Exterior amenities include outdoor lighting, sprinkler systems, well-maintained grounds and beautiful tree-lined streets. Homeowner's association fees are very inexpensive and the same regardless of model. Please Note: Not all floor plans are available at this time.View Floorplans
Pheasant Run at Barnegat Reviews
- Lisa B.|June 26, 2019Lovely community but as we are looking to purchase the Pet Policy is a turn off. Most people have two pets as we have two small dogs. From one of the residents comments regarding pet policy sounds like some people are not very nice. Plenty of other communities that have no problem with 2 small dogs.
- Diane M.|December 17, 2018We rented a house in this community. We had two tiny little dogs litter box trained. My husband helped the owner paint and fix the entire house. The owner had no problem with the two tiny dogs but the HOA did. After we did a ton of work in the house we then had to move 5 months later. It is the most unfriendly pet community around. It is a disgrace that they will not allow people to have two small pets that don't even leave the house. Had we known this we would have never moved there, it cost us a fortune having to move yet again. Worst experience of our life!
- Arlene K.|February 21, 2018We wanted to purchase here-we have cash in hand but pet policy turned us off. We have a couple of indoor cats which would have impacted no one else. This is obviously a pet unfriendly community so not for us. There are many other choices so we are looking elsewhere.
- Margaret H.|February 16, 2018Pheasant Run is a delightful 55+ community. Low key, friendly and affordable. Like our pet policy just fine.
- angelo |August 22, 2016As homebuyers we are looking for a home in an adult community when it comes to pets the majority of communities would allow 2 but there a few that would only allow 1 but they would allow you to purchase but when the pet passed away you arent permitted to replace it being we were interested in a home there and had 2 small dogs and the oldest was 17 years old management would not allow it shows us eactly how managment dealt with a situation where is the caring for the seller who is trying to sell in this market.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Pheasant Run at Barnegat. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Pheasant Run at Barnegat has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.