- Price Range
- High $200s - High $300s
- Home Types
- Number of Homes
- Resale Homes Only
- Age Restrictions
- Construction Dates
- 2013 - 2015
- D.R. Horton
- 4 reviews
Carillon at The Ponds Overview
Carillon at The Ponds in Summerville, SC is a 55+ neighborhood located within the master-planned community of The Ponds. Tucked within the natural beauty of a 1,100-acre preserve, the homesites in this 56-home rural neighborhood look out over unspoiled woodlands. Community sidewalks connect to 21 miles of picturesque nature trails, giving residents ready access to nature s bountiful terrain.
The gated community of Carillon at The Ponds contains properties featuring Lowcountry architecture designed to blend into the surrounding countryside. The quality homes feature one and two-story models by D.R. Horton with gracious entryways, wide Southern porches, and some of the premium sites have pond views and large, stately trees.
In addition to the surrounding breathtaking scenery, Carillon at The Ponds' residents can indulge in a wide variety of equally inspiring amenities, including an on-site 4,000 square-foot Farmhouse, where residents gather for a wide variety of activities, a YMCA complete with a wellness center and a full-sized gym, and at the heart of the vibrant community, an authentic outdoor amphitheater overlooking a 20-acre lake.
Carillon at The Ponds Amenities
Residents of Carillon at The Ponds enjoy all of the amenities in the 4,000 square-foot Farmhouse. This historic structure is the only surviving building from the site s rich history, which dates back to 1682. The building, believed to have been built in the 1830s, is surrounded by a gazebo, saltwater pool, and muscadine field. The Farmhouse offers residents the opportunity to visit the gardening plots and enjoy fun activities in the hobby and game room and multi-purpose rooms as well.
At the Carillon at The Ponds' 25,000 square-foot YMCA at The Ponds, residents can use cardiovascular equipment and free weights in one of the two fitness centers, partake in aerobics, use the full-size basketball court or enjoy organized sports and wellness programs. Residents must join the YMCA at The Ponds as it is not included in the community association. There is also a private pavilion designed for picnics and outdoor gatherings, and when community events are planned, such as outdoor concerts, the amphitheater overlooking the lake provides the perfect setting.
Carillon at The Ponds Homes & Real Estate
The 56 homesites in Carillon at The Ponds community feature classic South Carolina Lowcountry architecture in keeping with the rest of The Ponds community. In Carillon at The Ponds, you ll find high-quality one and two-story homes by DR Horton in nine different models, ranging from 1,460 to 2,991 square-feet and featuring three to five bedrooms, as well as two to three-and-a-half bathrooms. These livable floor plans include a wide variety of luxurious modern amenities, such as spacious master suites, covered porches, gracious entryways, wide porches, breakfast areas, attics and bonus rooms.
Carillon at The Ponds Lifestyle
Life at Carillon at The Ponds is a daily adventure offering myriad opportunities to enjoy all that the nature-inspired community has to offer. Residents indulge in a wide variety of activities on a regular basis, from gathering with friends and family to hear live music at the amphitheater, to taking a quiet stroll along the wilderness trails, or swimming in the pool or enjoying a good book on the patio. On the 11 acres of grassy meadows, it s common to find residents enjoying an exhilarating soccer game or flying a kite. And when a daytrip is in order, residents can leave the gates to enjoy a wide variety of exciting destinations, including historic Summerville and Charleston.
The YMCA at The Ponds offers an extensive lineup of exercise classes. Members can join a variety of classes and activities that focus on dancing, kickboxing, Pilates, yoga, Zumba, cycling, basketball and more. The Ponds community also hosts community events throughout the year like craft fairs, model boat races, festivals, and holiday parties.
Residents desiring a day outside of the community to explore have a wide variety of options from which to choose, including Historic Summerville, with its rich post-American Revolutionary War history. A little further away, residents also have plenty to choose from in Charleston, including live theater and America s first museum dating back to 1773, The Charleston Museum. With so much to do and see around the area, purchasing a home for sale within Carillon at The Ponds in Summerville, SC is ideal for 55+ homebuyers.
Carillon at The Ponds Amenities
The Ponds Farmhouse
The Ponds' Farmhouse is the focal point of amenities in the community. All residents of The Ponds have access to the Farmhouse's amenities.
- The Ponds Farmhouse - 4,000 Sq. Ft.
- Outdoor Saltwater Poor
- Hobby & Game Room
- Multi-Purpose Room
- Community Garden
- Outdoor Amphitheater
- Outdoor Pavilion & BBQ Area
- Picnic Areas
- Muscadine Field
- Parks & Natural Space
- Walking & Biking Trails
- Scenic Lakes & Ponds
- Playground for Grandkids
YMCA at The Ponds
YMCA at The Ponds is the main focal point for all fitness at The Ponds and is located at 101 Pottery Circle. There is an extra membership fee not included in the community HOA fee.
- YMCA at The Ponds - 25,000 Sq. Ft.
- Locker Rooms
- 2 State-of-the-Art Fitness Centers
- Aerobics & Dance Studio
- Indoor Basketball Court
- Indoor Walking Track
- 4 Lighted Tennis Courts
- Softball/Baseball Field
Carillon at The Ponds Clubs, Groups, Activities & Classes
There are plenty of activities available in Carillon at The Ponds. Here is a sample of some of the clubs, activities and classes offered here.
- Adult Jazz
- Adult Tap
- Annual Craft Fair
- Arthritis Exercise
- Cardio Class
- Chisel Class
- Flowertown Festival
- Harvest Fest
- July 4th Concert & Fireworks
- Model Boat Races
- Outdoor Concerts
- Oyster Roast
- Pick-Up Basketball
- Prayer Walks
- Silver Sneakers
- Southern Flame Festival
- Spin Class
- The Ponds Fall Fest
Single Family Homes
Price Range: High $200s - High $300s
The single-family homes by D.R. Horton were designed for 55+ hombuyers with first-floor master suites. There are nine models that range in size from 1,460 to 2,991 square feet. These residences include three to five bedrooms, two to three-and-a-half bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.View Floorplans
Carillon at The Ponds Reviews
- Rick P.|November 27, 2018Beautiful home in small community with nicely treed lots. Our home has had minimal problems, most of which have been corrected by builder. Many wonderful neighbors and community is fairly close with various gazebo events. HOA fees are reasonable and HOA itself is responsible and as transparent as possible.
- Cathy B.(Resident/Homeowner)|December 6, 2014The house is so well insulated that you do not hear much at all from the construction still going on until you step outside. I just love my home. The only thing that would have been better would have been if we had come to the development earlier and could have picked what was in the house. But the lot was the biggest selling feature with the house itself being second. But that as it may be we love it. Not perfect but we can deal with things as they are. All the neighbors we have met so far are so very friendly I can't wait to spend time with them.
- Debra C.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 26, 2014The Ponds is a paradise for us. We walk our dogs several miles every day and the community gives us the choice of scenic neighborhood strolls or hikes in the woods and around the lakes. Can't wait to purchase kayaks so we can enjoy the water. It's hard to stay indoors, even in our gorgeous new house.
- Susan L.(Resident/Homeowner)|October 7, 2013We went out to look at the new Carillon development within The Ponds because our son, his wife and 2 kids live in The Ponds. It looks very nice however it is still really early on. They are having a grand opening later this month. When you buy in the Carillon section you can still use all the amenities of The Ponds which are fantastic. If you want a single-story home it's hard to find here so that's why this new development is appealing to us. We could get a ranch home and be close to the family.
The information on this page is aggregated from third-party sources and presented as-is for your convenience. It has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. 55places.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information or assume any liability for its use. 55places.com is not affiliated with the builder, developer, or HOA of any communities displayed on this website.
55places.com is not affiliated with the developer(s) or homeowners association of Carillon at The Ponds. The information you submit is distributed to a 55places.com Partner Agent, who is a licensed real estate agent. The information regarding Carillon at The Ponds has not been verified or approved by the developer or homeowners association. Please verify all information prior to purchasing. 55places.com is not responsible for any errors regarding the information displayed on this website.