NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of 55places.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Neighborhoods.com, LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 07, 2017 at 12:00 AM CST and ending June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2017 at 11:59 CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BD93NC. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of 55places.com. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. You may only enter using the Gleam app entry methods available. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of 55places.com.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive an Apple iPad with a retail value of approximately $329.99. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by 55places.com. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at 55places.com's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for 55places.com to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of 55places.com. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. 55places.com shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT 55PLACES.COM‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that 55places.com, anyone acting on behalf of 55places.com, and 55places.com’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond 55places.com’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, 55places.com may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by 55places.com. 55places.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. 55places.com has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, 55places.com reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless 55places.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: 55 Places, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S. Requests must be received no later than July 12, 2017.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Neighborhoods.com, LLC, 1525 W. Homer Street Suite 301, Chicago, Illinois, 60642, U.S.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by 55places.com is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Write-in Entry: You may write in one entry at the address below. Sweepstakes eligibility will be determined by the date the write-in entry is received. We do not accept entries from third parties.
1525 W Homer St.
Chicago, IL 60613
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, or MailChimp.
Retirees and active adults seeking recreational opportunities, a quiet environment and a friendly tax structure should consider an age-restricted community in South Dakota. South Dakota is the 17th most extensive state in the country but is the 5th least populous. This gives active adults and retirees in South Dakota plenty of open space to explore their outdoor hobbies whether it be fishing, hunting or bike riding. 55+ communities in South Dakota thrive because of the state s nearly untouched landscape and home prices while still offering the urban experience.
Climate & Geography
Age-targeted neighborhoods in South Dakota enjoy access to a wide range of landscapes. South Dakota has a total land area of 77,121 square miles. South Dakota is bordered by North Dakota to the north, to the south by Nebraska, to the east by Iowa and Minnesota and to the west by Wyoming and Montana. Harney Peak is the state s highest elevation at 7,242 feet while the shoreline of Big Stone Lake with an elevation of 966 feet is the state s lowest.
South Dakota is generally considered to consist of three distinct regions: eastern South Dakota, western South Dakota and the Black Hills. Eastern and western South Dakota are divided by the Missouri River, the largest and longest river in the state. 55+ communities in eastern South Dakota are in an area that features a lower elevation and higher precipitation than the western part. Eastern South Dakota has various topographies, including plateaus bordered by river valleys, low land and rolling hills. The western part of the South Dakota is covered by the Great Plains, laying claim to most of the region and giving the landscape a mostly arid and rugged character. The Black Hills are found in the southwest and is perfect for residents of active adult communities who enjoy hiking in South Dakota.
Age-restricted communities in South Dakota experience a continental climate with four distinct seasons. The average high temperature in the summer is close to 90 degrees and the low near 60 degrees. In the winter the high temperature is typically below freezing with lows in the teens. Living in an age-targeted neighborhood in South Dakota also means living with frequent thunderstorms characterized by high winds, thunder and hail in eastern South Dakota, which is considered to be a part of Tornado Alley.
Recreation, Culture & Entertainment
55+ neighborhoods in South Dakota are an outdoor adventurers paradise. There are two national parks in the southwestern part of the state: Wind Cave National Park and Badlands National Park. Wind Cave National Park has the densest cave system in the world that spreads over 140 miles. The park also has the largest remaining natural mixed-grass prairie in the United States. Badlands National Park encompasses over 240,000 acres of protected eroded buttes, pinnacles and spires amidst mixed grass prairie. Both parks offer campgrounds, extensive hiking trails and sightings of prairie dogs, bison and a variety of birds.
Sioux Falls is South Dakota s largest city. Active adult neighborhoods in South Dakota will enjoy Sioux Falls enormous system of parks, cafes, concert venues and boutique shops. Sioux Falls has built a reputation as being an arts hub in the region, attracting visitors and locals for events like SculptureWalk, jazz and blues music festivals, and literary events.
55+ communities in South Dakota also have dozens of golf courses throughout the state like Sutton Bay Golf Course in Agar, Minnehaha Country Club in Sioux Falls and Hart Ranch Golf Course in Rapid City. History buffs can visit the famed Mount Rushmore, the Mammoth Site, and the Museum of Geology. Popular events include the Fat Tire Festivals, Central States Fair and the Festival of Lights Parade.
Cost of Living & Taxes
Living in age-restricted communities in South Dakota means that you have a slightly lower cost of living than the rest of the country. While residents spend slightly less on housing, healthcare and transportation, residents can expect to pay more on everyday groceries. South Dakota has a very generous tax structure where they do not levy taxes on individual wage income. The state also does not levy property taxes, although local governments do. South Dakota also does not have inheritance taxes, estate taxes or retirement income and has a four percent sales tax.
55+ neighborhoods in South Dakota have over 60 hospitals at their disposal. Of these, three are highly ranked. Sanford USD Medical Center in Sioux Falls is ranked as the best in the state and has over ten high-performing specialties like cancer, cardiology, pulmonology and diabetes. Avera McKennan Hospital is also in Sioux Falls and has been recognized for their geriatric care and urology. Rapid City Regional Hospital in Rapid City is known for their work with diabetes, gastroenterology, geriatric care and pulmonology.
Share this page with friends and family!